• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Really wish I had something to sacrifice for my Sleeper Simulant. It is stuck at 298 and I really want to use it more.

Speaking of, I have like 12 fusion rifle and shotgun fodders between 300 and 306.i wish I can do some conversion, like spend 10 legendary marks to turn it into a Heavy fodder. I really have no primary or heavy fodders as well.

I have no special weapon to Infuse really. 1KYS and spindle are all that matters atm.

E92 M3

Speaking of, I have like 12 fusion rifle and shotgun fodders between 300 and 306.i wish I can do some conversion, like spend 10 legendary marks to turn it into a Heavy fodder. I really have no primary or heavy fodders as well.

I have no special weapon to Infuse really. 1KYS and spindle are all that matters atm.

My vault is stuffed with fodder and relics of the past :(

Bungie please

Are we talking elemental primaries again? Ho hum. I understand the two camps regarding this topic, and I'm firmly with Luke here. It would completely kill my drive to play if they brought back a suite of elemental primaries again. It severely limits the choices you have for viable primary weapons and lessens the importance of your special and heavy weapons. There are so many cool new legendaries out there that I feel I can use now. If we have elemental primaries it becomes no contest. Why even bother with a kinetic? I don't want that.

You didn't read the posts!

You don't want OP elemental primaries like Fatebringer and VoC where it's the only choice 99% of the time. You want then with a tradeoff so you only use them for certain situations. Like the Abyss Defiant for Omnigul / wizards.

They just need to balance the weapons that have elements versus the kinetic (kinetic having an extra perk) and it'll be all good.

You want to chase great primary weapons because you're using them most of the time and you want to feel like a badass. Not super OP, but a badass. You want to rotate between primaries not just have one. Right now now for the raid, it's basically Hung Jury / zhalo then touch of malice. It's no different than today. It's Hung Jury for all the rest of the PvE content so there's absolutely no difference.

If the King's Fall pistol had an element to it, I'd actually use it sometimes. It wouldn't make it OP because it takes a few years to reload.

After all your hard earned raids over and over, you finally want a weapon that's different and situational above the rest. Not used 99% but great under some situations.

lt519

That's what the Black Hammer is for :) Unless SS counts as special.

Really wanted to try it on the shade. Should theoretically melt it.

Always wondered if we were doing the encounter wrong the whole time and Sleeper Simulant was the key. I imagine a WoL and one blast from a couple people could melt an Ogre pretty fast. But then there's the ammo problem.

More enemies with Kinetic shields that can only be damaged by Kinetic energy would also level the playing field. Or a greatly reduced damage against elemental weapons.

E92 M3

Always wondered if we were doing the encounter wrong the whole time and Sleeper Simulant was the key. I imagine a WoL and one blast from a couple people could melt an Ogre pretty fast. But then there's the ammo problem.

More enemies with Kinetic shields that can only be damaged by Kinetic energy would also level the playing field. Or a greatly reduced damage against elemental weapons.

Sniper rifles melt the shade too, but everyone needs to be hitting their headshot. Sniper are key to doing that encounter quickly.

Sleeper Simulant is just so cool that I want any reason to use it and my Warlock can have 9 ammo with it.

Morning DGAF.

I am waiting for the Lyudmila with Headseeker AND Counterbalance. The Nirwen's and raid pulse vertical recoil only have spoiled me.

Also, BIG SHOUT OUT to Chrome_Sitar! Thanks for joining out reset raid team last night and helping complete all three HM runs, even though you only needed two! It was a blast and you're welcome to join us anytime!

So pretty much, clearled HM 3X every week now and still no HM helmet on any toon. Boooooo.

If you played last week's void nightfall, that shrieked room was a PITA. I should, after the dozens of Kings Fall raids, have some sort of burn primary, whether void for the nightfall (burns made nightfalls unique), or solar for the Taken Knight shields to help fuck shit up in that room then go back to out normal primary for the boss. Or a different primary that might help a particular boss.

Afrocious

I dunno about you folks, but I want to chase after OP as hell weapons.

Screw that tradeoff stuff. I think all endgame gear should be Fatebringer/VoC equivalent in utility. Every single piece.

I wand god rolls AND elements.

Are we talking elemental primaries again? Ho hum. I understand the two camps regarding this topic, and I'm firmly with Luke here. It would completely kill my drive to play if they brought back a suite of elemental primaries again. It severely limits the choices you have for viable primary weapons and lessens the importance of your special and heavy weapons. There are so many cool new legendaries out there that I feel I can use now. If we have elemental primaries it becomes no contest. Why even bother with a kinetic? I don't want that.

I don't know. With the reduced prevalence of elemental burns, it doesn't seem to matter. I am sticking to Hung Jury and nothing else. It is the "best" in the current envoronment, so I have no real incentive to try anything else.

E92 M3

Screw that tradeoff stuff. I think all endgame gear should be Fatebringer/VoC equivalent in utility. Every single piece.

Yep, I always say that we should feel OP - that's what makes games fun. People want to feel powerful, not balanced. That's why MW2 multiplayer was so good. Everything was broken and thus everything was balanced.

Balance just gets so boring, and lets be real: people always want the strongest stuff anyways.

Deku Tree

Yeah and they adjusted NF to have it not be a burn so frequently... so there is really no place where elemental primaries makes a huge difference in the game. I don't miss them.

At the same time Bungie really needs to put in some sort of slow guaranteed progression into the end game raids. Getting no exciting drops, and no meaningful progression, from a frustrating HM Raid with a PUG is not fun. And listening to the player who was dead most of the time rave about their new 320 whatever is maddening too.

Can the HM raid give out upgrade tokens that let you power up your gear even if you don't get a better drop? How about a Raid currency that you accumulate slowly but allows you to buy things that you didn't get from RNG (and not just full STR armor either)?

It needed a balance. It can still be OP in a given situation. That's what it needed.

Toned down just a tad, not thrown out completely.

That's their problem. Instead of toning shit, they either nerf shit to the ground or get rid of them completely. I mean it's almost the same thing depending on what it is.

I kind of agree. Everything just feels very muted. The highlights in TTK aren't weapons. It's the supers. At least, that's how it feels to me.

PuMa

You didn't read the posts!

You don't want OP elemental primaries like Fatebringer and VoC where it's the only choice 99% of the time. You want then with a tradeoff so you only use them for certain situations. Like the Abyss Defiant for Omnigul / wizards.

They just need to balance the weapons that have elements versus the kinetic (kinetic having an extra perk) and it'll be all good.

You want to chase great primary weapons because you're using them most of the time and you want to feel like a badass. Not super OP, but a badass. You want to rotate between primaries not just have one. Right now now for the raid, it's basically Hung Jury / zhalo then touch of malice. It's no different than today. It's Hung Jury for all the rest of the PvE content so there's absolutely no difference.

If the King's Fall pistol had an element to it, I'd actually use it sometimes. It wouldn't make it OP because it takes a few years to reload.

After all your hard earned raids over and over, you finally want a weapon that's different and situational above the rest. Not used 99% but great under some situations.

Ya, I did. The last couple of pages at least. I still don't want elem. primaries though.

noomi

So pretty much, clearled HM 3X every week now and still no HM helmet on any toon. Boooooo.

Still waiting for hard mode helmets as well, yesterday I finally got all the normal mode helmets for the first time :p

Weird.... no helmets ever, and then yesterday all 3 lol

So glad for the100.io. Made raids events much better and most seem nicer than LFG users.

When it works. I joined one on Monday night and they totally just didn't invite me or send me a Message when I was the FIRST PERSON to sign up. I planned my day around that event happening so that was horseshit.

ngower

Hey Destiny-GAF,

I'm working on the No Time To Explain quest and I'm at the step where I need to do Vault of Glass. I've never actually done the raid before, but apparently I can still do the "Easy" version to advance the quest. Would anyone be down to try to help me through it? Is it possible to do with 4 or so 280+ guardians?

Still waiting for hard mode helmets as well, yesterday I finally got all the normal mode helmets for the first time :p

Weird.... no helmets ever, and then yesterday all 3 lol

Haha. I did snag my first NM Titan Dinosaur helmet thing...but everyone else in my normal reset crew has the new HM shader...and they make fun of me for not having it :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

(CLICK HERE)
PS4 - Thursday, November 5th, 2015 - Crota's End Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End, Light Level 285 for King's Fall
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
4 spots remaining for tomorrow for anyone who wants to hit CE.

Ya, I did. The last couple of pages at least. I still don't want elem. primaries though.

Most people now just use Hung Jury. There needs to be carrots to chase. We'd actually use the Oryx shit if they had elemental. Right now mostly everything are fodders. That's boring as shit.

Those weapons aren't great tier, they're decent tier. With an element, we would actually use them, sometimes. That's what they need.

I loved using Fatebringer because it was great. Never actually felt like I had to use it. I'd drop Hung Jury in a hot second if I could get it back. Undyind Mind NF pls.

PuMa

Yeah and they adjusted NF to have it not be a burn so frequently... so there is really no place where elemental primaries makes a huge difference in the game. I don't miss them.

At the same time Bungie really needs to put in some sort of slow guaranteed progression into the end game raids. Getting no exciting drops, and no meaningful progression, from a frustrating HM Raid with a PUG is not fun. And listening to the player who was dead most of the time rave about their new 320 whatever is maddening too.

That's a good point. In the current game environment, elem primaries might not have as much as an impact (less burns, NF's not being top dog, etc), as long as they aren't god-tier. I think the best thing for the to do though, would be to give us some more high-end kinetic legendary primaries to chase after.

Kinda tired of chasing higher light level raid drops.

My regular group is getting ready to head off to other games.

I could make a list here of things I am unhappy with in Destiny, but won't. Others have summarized it pretty well.

The best thing for me to do now is just take a break, play much less and invest my time in another game.

I'm a little sad about it, but I've run out of fun things to do, and reasons to chase anything.

Will be posting less, playing less. Someone please send up a flare when something amazing comes along in Destiny. Thanks :)

flkraven

I'm just doing a quick check in here: Do we have a large enough crowd that we could organize Hawkian-style newbie raid runs for Xbox One? I know that this thread leans heavily to PS4, but I'm just curious how many XB1 users we have and how many have not run a raid. Not necessarily saying I'll be able to host them, but I'd like to take the temperature to see if it's a worthwhile endeavor. VOG, Crota, and KF of course.

PuMa

Most people now just use Hung Jury. There needs to be carrots to chase. We'd actually use the Oryx shit if they had elemental. Right now mostly everything are fodders. That's boring as shit.

Those weapons aren't great tier, they're decent tier. With an element, we would actually use them, sometimes. That's what they need.

There needs to be more weapons like Hung Jury, in my opinion. If the current raid primaries had elements, I still wouldn't want to use them.

I loved using Fatebringer because it was great. Never actually felt like I had to use it. I'd drop Hung Jury in a hot second if I could get it back. Undyind Mind NF pls.

I came across someone using the Imago Loop in Trials last weekend. I was so jealous we stomped them nice and good.

I'm just doing a quick check in here: Do we have a large enough crowd that we could organize Hawkian-style newbie raid runs for Xbox One? I know that this thread leans heavily to PS4, but I'm just curious how many XB1 users we have and how many have not run a raid. Not necessarily saying I'll be able to host them, but I'd like to take the temperature to see if it's a worthwhile endeavor. VOG, Crota, and KF of course.

You could try the MM thread in gaming. Saw a few X1 guys complaining that GAF is shit for getting groups.
There needs to be more weapons like Hung Jury, in my opinion. If the current raid primaries had elements, I still wouldn't want to use them.

lol exactly

So what's the harm in them having elements again?

PuMa

Right, and in my mind, FB was a great weapon even without the arc damage. THAT's what I want more of.

D_psipher

Yeah, there needs to be some tuning done to the raid drops. I got two low level NM drops from HM Daughters. That is just deflating. If I wanted NM drops I would do the NM encounter. I rarely do Nightfalls anymore because they are not worth it. I jumped in to help a friend with nightfall and got useless stuff from it but I got the cabal scout with crowd control and firefly from SpongeBob. But that was the strike specific drop. The drop rate for high level content should scale with the player. Also, who turned up the Nightfall Ghost drops to 11?

In terms of Hawkian Style laid back personality and patience with the ability to explain both encounters + lore very well, I'd say Seth Enosh aka ImperatorPat. I don't think it'd be a weekly thing but more of a once or twice thing for Xbox because of the lack of players.

Right, and in my mind, FB was a great weapon even without the arc damage. THAT's what I want more of.

Of course it was. That's why nobody used Word of Crota or Six Dreg Pride or the Jewel instead. It was a great fucking hand cannon. The best. And that's why people used it.

But I'll still take that arc damage, thank you.

Insaniac

after the absolutely disappointing loot from HM Raid last night, I'm officially taking a break from this game until things change with the loot system.

noomi

Yeah, there needs to be some tuning done to the raid drops. I got two low level NM drops from HM Daughters. That is just deflating. If I wanted NM drops I would do the NM encounter. I rarely do Nightfalls anymore because they are not worth it. I jumped in to help a friend with nightfall and got useless stuff from it but I got the cabal scout with crowd control and firefly from SpongeBob. But that was the strike specific drop. The drop rate for high level content should scale with the player. Also, who turned up the Nightfall Ghost drops to 11?

For sure. Yesterday our entire fireteam got 2 shards from the warpriest.

How can this be? No normal loot, no hard mode loot...nothing?

deadduck

40 odd kills of Omnigal and no pulse rifle, not even one with bad rolls. I'm OK with no rerolling, but I'm not grinding for days to chase a 1/100 drop.

Hawksaw will do.

Afrocious

40 odd kills of Omnigal and no pulse rifle, not even one with bad rolls. I'm OK with no rerolling, but I'm not grinding for days to chase a 1/100 drop.

Hawksaw will do.

Farming the boss with that kind of drop rate isn't worth it. The gun should be behind a quest one can do at any time.

Top Bottom