• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Lothars

Are we talking elemental primaries again? Ho hum. I understand the two camps regarding this topic, and I'm firmly with Luke here. It would completely kill my drive to play if they brought back a suite of elemental primaries again. It severely limits the choices you have for viable primary weapons and lessens the importance of your special and heavy weapons. There are so many cool new legendaries out there that I feel I can use now. If we have elemental primaries it becomes no contest. Why even bother with a kinetic? I don't want that.
It doesn't though most primaries would still be viable. There was a reason why those guns were in demand and used constantly and it wasn't because of the elemental burn.

I think it's a huge mistake with no elemental primaries and really kills any reason to go for the hard raid weapons or trials weapons since they are really not much better than anything.

Ya, I did. The last couple of pages at least. I still don't want elem. primaries though.

Yeah and they adjusted NF to have it not be a burn so frequently... so there is really no place where elemental primaries makes a huge difference in the game. I don't miss them.

At the same time Bungie really needs to put in some sort of slow guaranteed progression into the end game raids. Getting no exciting drops, and no meaningful progression, from a frustrating HM Raid with a PUG is not fun. And listening to the player who was dead most of the time rave about their new 320 whatever is maddening too.

Can the HM raid give out upgrade tokens that let you power up your gear even if you don't get a better drop? How about a Raid currency that you accumulate slowly but allows you to buy things that you didn't get from RNG (and not just full STR armor either)?
I have an issue that most of the hard mode gear sucks, It looks different but it really doesn't do much else and isn't really an upgrade in anything but light. It really doesn't push me to want to chase after the gear.

They need great weapons in the game that it is a chase to get because otherwise I think it's a huge negative and like the other poster that said I would love some OP weapons in the game for PVE. It's not harming anyone but it makes it fun.

edit: I did forgot to mention that the raid drops have been poor and something they also need to fix.

Taborcarn

I'm just doing a quick check in here: Do we have a large enough crowd that we could organize Hawkian-style newbie raid runs for Xbox One? I know that this thread leans heavily to PS4, but I'm just curious how many XB1 users we have and how many have not run a raid. Not necessarily saying I'll be able to host them, but I'd like to take the temperature to see if it's a worthwhile endeavor. VOG, Crota, and KF of course.

There's a few of us that use the "Bad to the XBONE" Bungie clan that's in the OP. Past several weeks we've been able to get raids together that had a couple newbies in them (including myself).

Shito

I dunno about you folks, but I want to chase after OP as hell weapons.

Screw that tradeoff stuff. I think all endgame gear should be Fatebringer/VoC equivalent in utility. Every single piece.

I wand god rolls AND elements.
Yep.
If they wanted us to stray away from the "typical loadout" archetype of Y1, they should have created MORE Fatebringers, Blackhammers and Gjallarhorns. We all flocked to these weapons because they were the only ones being that good.
The fact that all the gears are now "meh" and not really exciting to chase after plays a big role in how little I've been playing Destiny lately...

40 odd kills of Omnigal and no pulse rifle, not even one with bad rolls. I'm OK with no rerolling, but I'm not grinding for days to chase a 1/100 drop.

Hawksaw will do.

The Grasp is good with the right rolls. I have one with Injection Mold and Third eye. I still use my Nirwen's for the sweaty matches.

Right, and in my mind, FB was a great weapon even without the arc damage. THAT's what I want more of.

Yep, FB was King because of Outlaw+Field Scout+Firefly where the Firefly AOE scaled with the high impact. No other gun comes close.

Arc damage was just icing on the cake. There's a reason people are farming Imago Loop for the FB roll.

Kinda tired of chasing higher light level raid drops.

My regular group is getting ready to head off to other games.

I could make a list here of things I am unhappy with in Destiny, but won't. Others have summarized it pretty well.

The best thing for me to do now is just take a break, play much less and invest my time in another game.

I'm a little sad about it, but I've run out of fun things to do, and reasons to chase anything.

Will be posting less, playing less. Someone please send up a flare when something amazing comes along in Destiny. Thanks :)

You're not the only one. This is exactly my state at the moment. Looking forward to Fallout next week and some Borderlands/TLoU shenanigans in between with some of my clanmates :)
I don't have fun in Destiny anymore, it would be unhealthy to keep going.

Yeah and they adjusted NF to have it not be a burn so frequently... so there is really no place where elemental primaries makes a huge difference in the game. I don't miss them.

At the same time Bungie really needs to put in some sort of slow guaranteed progression into the end game raids. Getting no exciting drops, and no meaningful progression, from a frustrating HM Raid with a PUG is not fun. And listening to the player who was dead most of the time rave about their new 320 whatever is maddening too.

Can the HM raid give out upgrade tokens that let you power up your gear even if you don't get a better drop? How about a Raid currency that you accumulate slowly but allows you to buy things that you didn't get from RNG (and not just full STR armor either)?

Kinda tired of chasing higher light level raid drops.

My regular group is getting ready to head off to other games.

I could make a list here of things I am unhappy with in Destiny, but won't. Others have summarized it pretty well.

The best thing for me to do now is just take a break, play much less and invest my time in another game.

I'm a little sad about it, but I've run out of fun things to do, and reasons to chase anything.

Will be posting less, playing less. Someone please send up a flare when something amazing comes along in Destiny. Thanks :)
The chase for higher light seems hopeless at this point. In the end, it comes down to pulling a lever on that slot machine again and again.

Bungie seems to have not learned anything from Y1 and all that shit they spewed about rewarding players leading up to TTK was just lip service.

The closest thing we got to a guaranteed, incremental power increase was with armor/weapon cores in HoW. I kind of thought they were heading in the right direction. But no, they decided to fuck it up even more with RNG light levels that are totally a roll of the dice.

Shit is infuriating =/

The chase for higher light seems hopeless at this point. In the end, it comes down to pulling a lever on that slot machine again and again.

Bungie seems to have not learned anything from Y1 and all that shit they spewed about rewarding players leading up to TTK was just lip service.

The closest thing we got to a guaranteed, incremental power increase was with armor/weapon cores in HoW. I kind of thought they were heading in the right direction. But no, they decided to fuck it up even more with RNG light levels that are totally a roll of the dice.

Shit is infuriating =/

It's also infuriating getting a heroic 310 weapon. Why the overlap? Did they fuck up the zero based math? Raid should be 301-310, hard mode 311-320.

zewone

After having Destiny give out every exotic in the game, I'm glad theres rare items still like Grasp and Imago Loop.

If everything was behind a quest everyone could get it would get super boring fast.

Surely they have to give us a roadmap for new content this week as well addressing the loot drops/weapon parts nerf. We've clearly hit a critical mass on here now, with not even Trials being enough to suck people back, the longer they stay silent the more people are just going to be fuck it and move on

Surely they have to give us a roadmap for new content this week as well addressing the loot drops/weapon parts nerf. We've clearly hit a critical mass on here now, with not even Trials being enough to suck people back, the longer they stay silent the more people are just going to be fuck it and move on

They would have to go all in. With the amount of games coming out soon, they would need to either announce their next big update or bide their time for maximum effect

D_psipher

I agree. *Looks at Destiny* "It may be time for me to see other games." - D-psipher

EDIT: I have leveled up. I am a member now. GAF Light Level increase hype!

lt519

Yeah, I like hanging out here, but I have zero desire to play right now. I'll probably be breaking, short of some new announced content to prepare for. Hop on for a quick Nightfall session to chill with people. It's at that lull like it was between expansion packs, I just don't want that lull to last for the entire year.

Afrocious

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I hit 315 yesterday. Got a 319 warlock bond out of nowhere to replace my 303 one.

I don't even recall it showing up in the feed. I only noticed it after I was decrypting engrams.

deadduck

After having Destiny give out every exotic in the game, I'm glad theres rare items still like Grasp and Imago Loop.

If everything was behind a quest everyone could get it would get super boring fast.

If I have to grind a random amount of strikes for weapon, that in itself is really super boring and gives no incentive to do over and over.

Make the quest hard, make it long, time gate it, but at 0.5% drop rate (even less for a good roll) is a complete turn off to even bother.

Namikaze1

Trying really hard to not fall into the F4 hype considering Bethesda and their day 1 releases.
Reviews are up on Monday. Gaffers over at the leaked video thread have the game and are giving their impressions of it. I'm waiting till Monday before even preordering the game on PSN.

Trakan

They would have to go all in. With the amount of games coming out soon, they would need to either announce their next big update or bide their time for maximum effect

I think we've already heard about what their plan is. It's challenge mode for the raid. They haven't even figured out the rewards yet and it's "several weeks" away. I don't see us hearing about anything else for a while. They could do some timegate shit I guess.

PuMa

Me too. We need more stuff that's not quest-tied.

Afrocious

If I have to grind a random amount of strikes for weapon, that in itself is really boring and gives no incentive to do over and over.

Make the quest hard, make it long, time gate it, but at 0.5% drop rate (even less for a good roll) is a complete turn off to even bother.

My thoughts exactly. The more things tied to quests, the better as long as the prize is worth it and the quest is fair. Not this time gated crap.

Some of the quests in the game are pretty fair for what they reward. Others are haphazard with either relying on too much RNG and grinding, or mixing PvP and PvE together which I find to always be a bad thing.

The touch of malice questline is good given that it rewards an exotic, a shader, and an emblem. It also intersects with a few other quests.

The chaparone quest and the legendary sword quests? They suck for requiring people to play PvP in a certain way that could be detrimental to the team. This is why players come up with ways to circumvent these steps or make them easier with parties in rumble.

X-Frame

I really wish that I had pledged more to factions in Year 1.

I used a ton of Motes and Heavy synths to go from FWC Rank 4 to 13 and am almost out. Outside of that massive jump I can't see myself getting to Rank 25 for like another 3 months.

E92 M3

I really wish that I had pledged more to factions in Year 1.

I used a ton of Motes and Heavy synths to go from FWC Rank 4 to 13 and am almost out. Outside of that massive jump I can't see myself getting to Rank 25 for like another 3 months.

Me too, but I didn't like the aesthetic of the cloaks lol.

What's better to infuse to 320 first?

Spindle or 100 Yard?

I'd go with 1k yard because legendaries allow for more flexible loadouts. I know I got all of my other snipers higher before touching the BS.

Top Bottom