• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I don't think helmets dropping are affected by whatever else is in Oryx's loot table. Seems to be a rare, random extra drop alongside primaries. The chance at everything else seems to be a separate drop. Regardless, helmets have always had a low drop rate. They are the most expensive vendor armour for a reason. I'm not sure what reason, but there most certainly is one.
I got it from my first DO package post TTK :(

lawdjspel.png

Deku Tree

The main way to level up factions is to donate stuff now. I have leveled up FWC 11 times in the past three weeks by donating all the new motes I get outside of my reserve pile.

Faction ranks up are much faster than they used to be if you donate motes.

Frenden

Banned
Hawksaw dropped with Perfect Balance, Counter Balance, and Handlaid Stock.

Range takes a small hit, but maxed stability and perfectly vertical recoil sound preeeetty nice.

The main way to level up factions is to donate stuff now. I have leveled up FWC 11 times in the past three weeks by donating all the new motes I get outside of my reserve pile.

Not everybody has a collection of motes like you, Deku. :p

I mostly use motes to level up weapons/gear and since the economy nerf, they take a crap ton of motes!

Kyne

I don't think helmets dropping are affected by whatever else is in Oryx's loot table. Seems to be a rare, random extra drop alongside primaries. The chance at everything else seems to be a separate drop. Regardless, helmets have always had a low drop rate. They are the most expensive vendor armour for a reason. I'm not sure what reason, but there most certainly is one.

lawdjspel.png

Luke mentioned in one of his first posts after TTK dropped that anyone who got a helmet their first run was "very lucky".

off topic titan master race via reddit.
nrpNsXo.gif

Kyoufu

I haven't had over 50 motes since launch of TTK and it's all because of weapon XP eating them all.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I have 15 normal completions + 9 hard completions and have only gotten the Titan normal helmet twice. (310 and 305).

Putting everything in Oryx's loot table was dumb.

Damn dude that sucks ass. Typically last night all I wanted was the Titan helm but it gave me every other piece of armour and the mark but no helm. To rub it in Oryx dropped an exotic from the chest which was a 310 helm and I had another one drop from the echo of Oryx.

So I got two 310 exotic helms but wanted the Titan raid helm lol.

Thanks, just joined the100 and that group.
GT: T I Flex

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

Doing a run in about 4-5 hours.

After having Destiny give out every exotic in the game, I'm glad theres rare items still like Grasp and Imago Loop.

If everything was behind a quest everyone could get it would get super boring fast.

Because killing Omingul in a hallway then suiciding doesn't get boring fast? Who cares if everyone can get everything by working towards consistent and predictable goals? It doesn't bother me one bit if people who enjoy the game like I do can get the same items I have. I'm not a special snowflake.

Compounding a low drop rate on top of a low chance for good perks just makes it not worth the trouble.

So glad for the100.io. Made raids events much better and most seem nicer than LFG users.

When it works. I joined one on Monday night and they totally just didn't invite me or send me a Message when I was the FIRST PERSON to sign up. I planned my day around that event happening so that was horseshit.
It's people so mistakes and/or douchebaggery are bound to happen. That said, I've been using it for the past several weeks and have had nothing but good experiences.

Deku Tree

I mostly use motes to level up weapons/gear and since the economy nerf, they take a crap ton of motes!

I haven't had over 50 motes since launch of TTK and it's all because of weapon XP eating them all.

Yeah I've only leveled up weapons or armor using Motes one time to test it out. I never do that. I don't care enough about weapons perks. My weapons serve me just fine without quickly leveling up their perks.

Tonight will be my 12th run at Kingsfall. If I don't get a helmet then I'll riot.

Ah, I'm at work otherwise I'd join you on the quest for helm status; if you happen to start a couple hours later due to availability I'll jump in. Thanks again for the fun runs last night; the HM one afterward went well up until Oryx....

Now I'm stuck on the CP and even resorted to LFG this morning because of how close we were last night. LFG group got him to 1/2 health the second attempt, we died to Dox and 2 people insta-quit and the group fell apart, it's really frustrating finding a solid group with randos. 100.io > LFG 100x over. I just want the emblem and last achievement!

LTWood12

I actually got 2 "Harrowed" items last night at 310. Super disappointing.

Yeah it's really disappointing, though if you get a really good perk on it it can soften the blow. I got a 311 Smite w/ Firefly last week and was happy.

Really they should patch the drops to:

NM drops 303-310
HM drops 313-320

I got both the HM and Normal helmet in one of my Oryx kills.

I probably should've got a scratch-off that day.

Happened to me on one of our runs last Thursday.

Anyone who got a helmet in any run is very lucky.
Somehow I've managed to get a full armor set out of the normal raid. The tradeoff is a paucity of weapon drops and the light rolls on the armor and the couple of weapon drops I have gotten has been pretty meh. Sitting at 305 now. Is that enough to take a stab at hard mode?

And this is a problem. A loot game where end-game loot is so rare that people with even a dozen completions haven't even seen the armour piece drop (yeah, that's me)?
Bungie either needs to increase the drop rate of raid gear, in general or change the role that shards play. I've had so many people say that they could use it as a currency to buy high light gear from Eris/Vanguard, if only Bungie would implement it that way.

Is Bungie scared that people will leave the game if they have all the end-game loot? Some might, sure, but some are going to leave soon anyway, due to the huge amount of games that are about to be released. BUT, if they had been able to get all the raid gear easily and without all the fuckery involving raid drops(Example - I beat Oryx and all I got was 2 shards), they'd at least leave with fond memories of the game.

Pachimari

I see that I can level up to lvl. 25 right away if I buy The Taken King, but if I do that, will I miss out on the vanilla Destiny, House of Wolves and The Dark Below quests, story etc.?

Deku Tree

Yeah it's really disappointing, though if you get a really good perk on it it can soften the blow. I got a 311 Smite w/ Firefly last week and was happy.

NM drops 303-310
HM drops 313-320

I am really hoping that completing the raid challenges gives us better drops. I just want to get to 315+ on my characters before the challenges.

I'm still having fun doing HM KF 3x a week. But that's pretty much all I do in Destiny right now.

Daemul

There's just no point using motes to level up armour. Takes far too many. It's almost as absurd as the weapon parts nerf.

It's ridiculous how you need so few motes to level up weapons and yet armour needs like 10 times as much. Armour was much easier to level up than weapons before, fuck knows what Bungie did.

Which the100 group did you join?
I joined:
  • Delta Company 64
  • Bravo Company 277
  • Charlie Company 270
I also created a private group that I've done absolutely nothing with yet.

I've had good success picking games from scanning the public games list as well. It hasn't led me astray yet.

Kyoufu

Somehow I've managed to get a full armor set out of the normal raid. The tradeoff is a paucity of weapon drops and the light rolls on the armor and the couple of weapon drops I have gotten has been pretty meh. Sitting at 305 now. Is that enough to take a stab at hard mode?

Yeah, you're ready for HM.

I made the mistake of unvaulting The Last Word for the 4th or 5th time. I should probably stop that now.

Something else I noticed wrong with it, the nerf to stability means you can't really fan fire it anymore. Try ADS'ing and shooting something relatively close and watch how it completely insane the kick is. Might be why people are missing hip fire bullets on targets right in front of them. The stability is nowhere near as good as it was before between the weapon specific nerf and the weapon class nerf.

zewone

It's ridiculous how you need so few motes to level up weapons and yet armour needs like 10 times as much. Armour was much easier to level up than weapons before, fuck knows what Bungie did.

6,000 XP for weapons, 60,000 for armor is what I heard.

phen0m24

Because killing Omingul in a hallway then suiciding doesn't get boring fast? Who cares if everyone can get everything by working towards consistent and predictable goals? It doesn't bother me one bit if people who enjoy the game like I do can get the same items I have. I'm not a special snowflake.

I for one think you are a special snowflake. :) I've never had anyone say how many hit markers Crota had before that fateful night of the fun run. :)

And y u no pm? ;) lol Drizzzzayyyy

lawdjspel.png

I just get shitty armour all the time. Don't think I've even got a weapon.

Keep the faith. Faction reward packages are literally the only example of smart loot in the game. You'll get them eventually. I've gotten all DO and NM shaders and emblems by now, still missing bunch of FWC stuff. Never gotten a faction ship though.

I've dumped tons of Motes into faction levels fwiw, at least 1500.

LTWood12

I am really hoping that completing the raid challenges gives us better drops. I just want to get to 315+ on my characters before the challenges.

I'm still having fun doing HM KF 3x a week. But that's pretty much all I do in Destiny right now.

Yeah I enjoy running it w/ Gaffers. I pretty much do it for the fun at this point. If I get a good drop it makes it more fun, but hell I have fun laughing at getting a 300 Zhouli's bane w/ hip fire accuracy too.

6,000 XP for weapons, 60,000 for armor is what I heard.

That can't be right though, it's not standard for all weapons or armor. Primaries take way more XP than heavies.

I for one think you are a special snowflake. :) I've never had anyone say how many hit markers Crota had before that fateful night of the fun run. :)

And y u no pm? ;) lol Drizzzzayyyy

Lol I'm the worst. Was offline all last night, getting caught up on the thread now. Will PM in just a minute!

Wow this page top sucks.

zewone

Compounding a low drop rate on top of a low chance for good perks just makes it not worth the trouble.

If you don't want to farm for a gun, then don't farm for the gun.

Just play the game as you would. Why is someone entitled to every gun in the game?

What's the point of loot drops if not for something to chase after? If you just gave me every gun in the game, what the hell is the point of chasing anything?

Keep the faith. Faction reward packages are literally the only example of smart loot in the game. You'll get them eventually. I've gotten all DO and NM shaders and emblems by now, still missing bunch of FWC stuff. Never gotten a faction ship though.

I've dumped tons of Motes into faction levels fwiw, at least 1500.

I think I've used motes for only a couple faction rank ups. Maybe I'll just buy a bunch of ammo synth and use that. I'm always teetering on max glimmer.

stb

NM drops 303-310
HM drops 313-320

My vote is the oldschool level:
NM drops 310
HM drops 320

Let the min/maxing come from perks. Recursive RNG can fuck off.

Upgrading exotics is a pain in the butt. I have my yung ahakmara's that I use every so often and still haven't hit the reload speed perk after 4 weeks of irregular use.

Top Bottom