• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
What you're describing is the consequence of the accuracy nerf to Hand Cannons with 2.0.

In my opinion, the single biggest problem in the game, and the reason I went from playing 3-4 hours a day to playing 2-3 hours a week.

Yeah I miss my Hand Cannons so much.

2nd mercury done, this map is just so boring. Everyone just sits back with pulses/snipers and does fuck all. It's super hard(for me anyway) to play aggressive in this meta. Matchmaking must be weird as well, we swept our final boss 5-0 with zero issues, it was the easiest match in the run by far.

Maybe I just suck at PvP now and should just stick to PvE activities, I miss my hand cannons.

No radar would make it even more campy.

Others are good shouts.

The maps are the size of my bedroom, it'd be alright. You can comb the map multiple times over with the time extended to you.

I used to play SOCOM a lot and camping wasn't an issue due to map size, especially the first two games. SOCOM didn't have revives either.

Even if there was an uptick in camping, I'd take it over being hunted like a dog because some scrubs were using the radar to track my every movement.

So someone on my friend's list has the trials helmet, is that maybe a lighthouse drop? He has the emblem.
From what I know only boots are dropping this week. Right?

GorillaJu

So do I literally have to pay in order to get paper glue? Cause there's no other way to get legendary masks without it

What about getting the initial legendary mask for free on another char, disassembling it and using that glue to make whatever you wanted legendary?

X-Frame

First World Problems: Rubenov & Wicked are so good in Trials that I didn't play enough games to get the Gold package bounty, nor enough revives for that bounty because they never die.

Thanks for the Mercury run guys!

So someone on my friend's list has the trials helmet, is that maybe a lighthouse drop? He has the emblem.
From what I know only boots are dropping this week. Right?

What light level is it? Could be a gold tier reward. In HoW those gave an armor piece or a weapon. I got all weapons myself but I assume it's possible.

Mupod

vanguard heroic attempt 1: both left
attempt 2: one afk, one left
attempt 3: both afk

rVlZGgX.gif

New trials format is pretty good for a casual
aka scrubby
PvP player like myself. If you can find two other laid-back teammates it can still be a lot of fun.

In 10 games you can easily get all the bounties done and have a shot at decent rewards. Even with only 3 games won, I ended up getting the pulse rifle, class item, random emblem and a bunch of marks.

Before, if you didn't make it to 5 wins and get the armor it was pretty much a waste of time. The changes to MM definitely make it harder to get to Mercury, but the rewards don't even sound as good as they were in Y1.

Also, not sure if it was just because it was early and we were getting matched with other teams just starting out but we were going against MLG-pro teams with no wins on our card yet. This competition level still seemed pretty random.

btw, thanks for the games Coy and Jakfu!

neoism

mehhh for some reason I didn't realize the level advantages was enabled for trails. fuck me..:( im only 296 with my trails set up.. ol well no trails for me Man I would fucking give anything if Fallout 4 was tomorrow and not 10 days away so ready to put this game away for a while

I think getting one flawless is enough for me. This new MM system, HM drops, and the new end game as really sucked the wind out of my sails from TTK. I feel an extended TDB break coming on!

spyder_ur

mehhh for some reason I didn't realize the level advantages was enabled for trails. fuck me..:( im only 296 with my trails set up.. ol well no trails for me Man I would fucking give anything if Fallout 4 was tomorrow and not 10 days away so ready to put this game away for a while

296 is more than enough, not an issue at all.

vctor182

2nd mercury done, this map is just so boring. Everyone just sits back with pulses/snipers and does fuck all. It's super hard(for me anyway) to play aggressive in this meta. Matchmaking must be weird as well, we swept our final boss 5-0 with zero issues, it was the easiest match in the run by far.

Maybe I just suck at PvP now and should just stick to PvE activities, I miss my hand cannons.
I'm sure we'll see this in all maps. Yesterday I did best when playing with my Eyasluna + Chaperone combo instead of NTTE + sniper, I'm not the camping type I guess

What light level is it? Could be a gold tier reward. In HoW those gave an armor piece or a weapon. I got all weapons myself but I assume it's possible.
It's a 304 Golden Bull Mask. And I assumed the silver and gold tier rewards gave crsppy rewards since I got nothing but motes and blue engrams. Good to know.

I tend to agree, although I like the general concept. It's tough for players like myself, maybe a slightly above average PvPer. I was generally able to get to 5,6,7,8 wins regularly enough, and was a part of a few surprise Mercury trips when the stars aligned. Probably not gonna happen now, although it's worth noting that yesterday was probably the most competitive day we will see - all the pros and wannabes were out.

Still, I like the mode and have a lot of fun with it. On that note, you around for a run or two or taking a break? You guys are doing yeoman's work.

I'd be up for more runs later but I have the same problem I had in HoW- no running partner. If there was someone around to help I'd do it but, especially w the new MM, I'm not good enough to punch Mercury tickets on my own. I also take it really hard when I try to help people and we lose. Really hate if I feel like I don't do enough to pull it out. Without a running mate I feel like I have to play extremely well every game or we lose and that wears on me after a bit.

That said, apparently Wicked and Rubenov are doing some runs now so you might be able to hop in with them. Just saw that Wicked had started streaming a little bit ago.

It's a 304 Golden Bull Mask. And I assumed the silver and gold tier rewards gave crsppy rewards since I got nothing but motes and blue engrams. Good to know.

The silver packages especially have a stupidly wide range of rewards. Two of mine were a single blue engram, the other one was 315 exotic gauntlets. I mean wtf. Makes no sense.

Afaik the gold always give you a piece of Trials gear, from 300-310 Light. Might be a stupid Ghost or Artifact, might be a weapon or armor, but there should be a Trials-specific drop.

Dreez

Hey do they have the same rewards each time Trials of Osiris / Iron Banner come around or it's always new stuff? Might not be able to participate in ToO this time around.

spyder_ur

I'd be up for more runs later but I have the same problem I had in HoW- no running partner. If there was someone around to help I'd do it but, especially w the new MM, I'm not good enough to punch Mercury tickets on my own. I also take it really hard when I try to help people and we lose. Really hate if I feel like I don't do enough to pull it out. Without a running mate I feel like I have to play extremely well every game or we lose and that wears on me after a bit.

That said, apparently Wicked and Rubenov are doing some runs now so you might be able to hop in with them. Just saw that Wicked had started streaming a little bit ago.

I wasn't begging you for a Mercury run bud - just seeing if you felt like playing. None of you should feel any pressure and it sucks that the new system has hamstrung you and others from helping others and playing with whoever you want.

Falifax

What you're describing is the consequence of the accuracy nerf to Hand Cannons with 2.0.

In my opinion, the single biggest problem in the game, and the reason I went from playing 3-4 hours a day to playing 2-3 hours a week.

I always thought the current meta wasn't that bad, but it was until Trials when I realized how much I miss rushing enemies with hand cannons.

SeanR1221

I would have loved the ace of spades in 1.0. But I'm so meh on it.

The silver packages especially have a stupidly wide range of rewards. Two of mine were a single blue engram, the other one was 315 exotic gauntlets. I mean wtf. Makes no sense.

Afaik the gold always give you a piece of Trials gear, from 300-310 Light. Might be a stupid Ghost or Artifact, might be a weapon or armor, but there should be a Trials-specific drop.
You're right. I got a 300 artifact from the gold tier. Getting artifacts is always disappointing to me, so I block them out of my mind.

Kyoufu

Speaking of the HC accuracy nerf, I took a Year 2 TLW into PVP last night.

Wow.

So. Fucking. Bad.

How the HELL does Nightly get any kills with this piece of junk?

Wow.

So. Fucking. Bad.

I use it, its still very good if you know how to use it. It´s an adjustment thing, hipfire and try landing head shots and your golden.

Thanks for the Trials run, biggy and ipity! Might've had a chance for Mercury if we hadn't ran into those cheaters in the 2nd match.

I wasn't begging you for a Mercury run bud - just seeing if you felt like playing. None of you should feel any pressure and it sucks that the new system has hamstrung you and others from helping others and playing with whoever you want.

Yeah I know, never thought/said that you were. Was just elaborating a bit on the general situation.

Feeling pressure comes w the territory, haha. It's part of the appeal honestly. Everyone I know that does carries feels the same, double edged sword.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Any raiding parties looking for one for HM KF? I still need to run through with my 309 Warlock. PSN = dorssom if your looking.

gatti-man

Yeah I know, never thought/said that you were. Was just elaborating a bit on the general situation.

Feeling pressure comes w the territory, haha. It's part of the appeal honestly. Everyone I know that does carries feels the same, double edged sword.

I wish I was good enough to carry now. It's just not happening. I'm going to Fry's today to buy a gaming monitor since I use a laggy 80" 4K tv in old trials and destiny in general. I'm hoping I can carry again removing 60ms of lag.

Yeah. Trials really isn't for me anymore. I could do flawless in HoW with my normal crew no problem. Now I need to be at another level. I heard you Bungie loud and clear. Have a good weekend DGAF. I need a break from this game before I quit for good.

Strider

Breaks are good. Tooi many good games out there to spend all your time with just one.

Just come back to Destiny when there is a substantial content update. That's what I'm gonna do.

Just hope that update isn't all the way until Destiny 2....

SharkJAW

Sadly this is a thing and probably the biggest problem with hand cannons currently. They nerfed the accuracy considerably which basically is just a stupid thing that means your bullets won't necessarily go where your reticle is when you shoot. There's also accuracy drop off when successive shots after the first, which is especially noticeable on the high RoF Last Word. Hawkmoon hasn't been hit as hard but it's still noticeable.

I used to love my Hawkmoon until the HC nerf came in to effect. It was arguably the weaker of the holy trinity of exotic HCs but I still loved it.

As for the whiffing I couldn't honestly say as I haven't played with the year 2 version at all.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, guys. That's pretty disappointing. Hand cannons are my favorite weapon class. I know pulse rifles are supposed to be the new weapon of choice but they're not as fun to me as hand cannons. Here's to hoping that Bungie realizes this was a pretty unnecessarily tough nerf.

Now that I think about it, who thought it was a good idea to set it up so that your bullets may or may not go where your reticle is?

Breaks are good. Tooi many good games out there to spend all your time with just one.

Just come back to Destiny when there is a substantial content update. That's what I'm gonna do.

Just hope that update isn't all the way until Destiny 2....

Yeah, you're right Strider. I am just frustrated with myself. I should have been able to get to Mercury with Driz and Royal earlier. I shouldn't have to deal with constant red bars and lag with my normal crew. Getting to Mercury outside of a carry in HoW was not easy. It just feels like Bungie saying, "You have to play it this way!" again.

Wow.

So. Fucking. Bad.

He gave up after a while and switched to a vendor Hawksaw, its not possible to be competitive with it. If it was on a smaller map it may be possible to use it

Speaking of pressure word reached me that you had made a promise to a certain marmot for this weekend? Is it going to happen we could all do with the laugh to cheer us up

Top Bottom