• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Playing Halo 5 for the first time was hilarious last night. Tied 49-49, I was sure I was going to snipe this guy when it was like a pixel away from his head but nope, no AA for me! hahaha. Still won but yea, Destiny sniping is a lot easier, imo.

E92 M3

Playing Halo was hilarious last night. Tied 49-49, I was sure I was going to snipe this guy when it was like a pixel away from his head but nope, no AA for me! hahaha. Still won but yea, Destiny sniping is a lot easier, imo.

Actually, H5 sniper is full of AA, surprisingly.

Shito

I didn't find the Black Spindle/NttE quests challenging in the slightest. Raid mechanics are challenging. The mechanics in the exotic missions were annoying and stupid. Throwing 80 enemies into a tiny room with a time limit is the opposite of difficult to me. Bungie doesn't know how to do difficult.
I find the Black Spindle mission's design to be one of the most subtle and clever in the whole game. :)
The time limit is there to make you rush to the boss, and then be conditioned to try and focus him to kill him asap, which is exactly what will usually lead you to your doom because it will generate way more adds than you can handle.
I loved having this epiphany after several wipes that you have to methodically clear out the balls, then the adds, then shoot on the boss to trigger the next wave of balls/adds.
I much prefer this mission (or the paradox one) to KF, because it's "organic": there's not only ONE way of doing this encounter (just one easier way than some others), and you can improvise and play several roles if you want to. KF, in comparison, is just so mechanically stiff it's boring me to hell...

PuMa

Nice. I just had this drop yesterday.

CS_Io6_UEAABngY.jpg:large

Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Injection Mold

It'll have max stability thanks to Perfect and Injection and no drift in the shot grouping thanks to the perfect vertical recoil of Counter Balance.

WTF

ktAME4jzUWYBa.gif

Save a few that do require the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and let them be for the hardcore.

Except that one guy who did Omnigul once and got a Grasp, but doesn't play anymore.

Pls. You're not special because you're willing to grind for an RNG drop.

And, no, I haven't played Borderlands 2. Didn't like the first game.

MrS

Banned
Anybody down for some back to back HM Oryx kills? Doing the 2 titans with TOM and Bubbles on daughters platform strat. Mr-Stephen on PSN. Need 3 more

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I went counter balance as in my opinion what good is full auto if the pulse isn't close to perfectly stable? Especially with its typical up and left recoil

I'm hoping counter balance gives it a vertical recoil pattern at least

Thanks guys. So hard to adjust to not having full auto since I have it on a few scouts and pulses.

lt519

Nice. I just had this drop yesterday.

Yikes I thought I had a good one with Counter Balance and Hammer Forged. Don't need the perfect stability with the improved range since the accuracy improves with range.

Hawksaw = buzzsaw

Use it over Nirwens and Red Death.

Anybody down for some back to back HM Oryx kills? Doing the 2 titans with TOM and Bubbles on daughters platform strat. Mr-Stephen on PSN. Need 3 more

Would love to later after work if you can't get the groups now; hate that all the good raiding happens so close to reset. Makes it hard to get a good group for Oryx later in the week.

LTWood12

Exhumed is a really shitty perk. Got a Tread Upon Stars w/ Exhumed, Explosive Rounds/Injection Mold, and Firefly. Exhumed is shitty enough to make me want to trash it. Are there any other perks that literally require you to die in order to proc?

Bogeypop

I didn't find the Black Spindle/NttE quests challenging in the slightest. Raid mechanics are challenging. The mechanics in the exotic missions were annoying and stupid. Throwing 80 enemies into a tiny room with a time limit is the opposite of difficult to me. Bungie doesn't know how to do difficult.

The "challenge" is figuring out how to deal with the "80 enemies" in a world without Gjallarhorn and ridiculous Nightfall burns that had you hiding at the entrance taking pot shots at the boss. Driviks as well as Skolas show some of the more interesting ways you can create encounters that don't just amount to "bullet sponges", and I hope Bungie does more with these types of fights going forward.

phen0m24

The "challenge" is figuring out how to deal with the "80 enemies" in a world without Gjallarhorn and ridiculous Nightfall burns that had you hiding at the entrance taking pot shots at the boss. Driviks as well as Skolas show some of the more interesting ways you can create encounters that don't just amount to "bullet sponges", and I hope Bungie does more with these types of fights going forward.

Basically hide behind Bogey and shoot everything that moves. ;)

Thanks again for that Bogey you have that strike locked down

MrS

Banned
Would love to later after work if you can't get the groups now; hate that all the good raiding happens so close to reset. Makes it hard to get a good group for Oryx later in the week.
How many hours from now is that? I may be around to play!

ezekial45

Banned
I got this from Prison of Elders and decided to give it a try in The Crucible. It works pretty nicely, especially for being a Year 1 gun. I might stick with it until I get the Boolean Gemini.

I also managed to solo a Taken zealot last night, which is a first for me. I think the success can be contributed to Ruin Wake.

o_O

I thought PoE only dropped old gear that wouldn't be viable for TK content? I don't even think I've ever seen a game drop with a 331 attack rating.

Afrocious

Since there are folks ITT who played RoS, how is it on the PS4? I have it for the PC and, while I beat it, I never did get into grifting.

I'm trying to see how the PS4 version is so I could play it with DGAF sometime down the line.

Since there are folks ITT who played RoS, how is it on the PS4? I have it for the PC and, while I beat it, I never did get into grifting.

I'm trying to see how the PS4 version is so I could play it with DGAF sometime down the line.
I had a lot of fun with it. Maybe I'll pull it back out at some point-- it was what I played until Destiny.

For me, the difference between RoS and Destiny is that I enjoy the moment to moment gameplay of Destiny much more than the moment to moment play in RoS. At a certain point in RoS, I felt like I was just running around on auto-pilot while I watched my ability timers and triggered them as their timers went off.

LTWood12

It's awesome. I never played it on PC, but those that have played both say the PS4 version holds up really well. Plus, you can dodge roll!

Akai XIII

1000s of hours played on the PC... Its great on the PS4 too. Obviously some builds and classes work better on the PC, but its a great port. Just don't join public games.

LTWood12

Hypothesis:

Once Bungie is done rolling out new content for year 2, we will see every single weapon/armor regain the 'ascend' node, allowing you to spend marks to upgrade any year one gear you've held onto to 280 attack/defense (& become infusable).

There is still one weapon in the game that has the ascend node (Stranger's Rifle), and I think it'll be sort of a goodbye party for Destiny 1.

I didn't know it was possible to wipe on the final DPS phase of Oryx. We had 5 people but still... what.

Wat.

I'd love to know the individual light levels, and what weapon (LL included) each person was shooting at the boss. Someone wasn't shooting, was missing, or shooting the inside of a weapons of light bubble. Surely.

Trakan

Except that one guy who did Omnigul once and got a Grasp, but doesn't play anymore.

Pls. You're not special because you're willing to grind for an RNG drop.

And, no, I haven't played Borderlands 2. Didn't like the first game.

I didn't say anything about being special. If you prefer one way, that's fine. I prefer something else. It doesn't hurt to have both.

I did it the first week it was available without having a sword yet. It wasn't hard, just annoying. Shoving that many enemies into a broom closet sized room is the opposite of fun or challenging. Shooting a bullet sponge is probably more entertaining than that fight was.

Strider

I play on PC but I've only ever heard positive things about the PS4 port. Seems to play really well.

But the game and items have been hacked so I wouldn't join public games if you want to progress naturally.

Game really is awesome tho so I'm sure you'd have a good time with it.

Rockets are only ever good for Trash Mobs in the raids. Even then, it's not really necessary except for the sake of time (I like to use one for the Taken Phalanx during the door opening parts).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got my second Does Not Bow with Hot Swap, Perfect Balance, Eye of The Storm. I'll be keeping it this time. Last one I used for infusion with my Zhalo.

Top Bottom