• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

I'm so salty right now.

Someone was using a Rocket Launcher. Was that the problem?

aKGaTHb.png

GutZ31

I didn't know it was possible to wipe on the final DPS phase of Oryx. We had 5 people but still... what.

Wat.

Did it with 3 people yesterday on hard mode.
Totally serious'd it though, full damage, everything we had.

I used a heavy machine gun right when he opened up with 320 attack.
Drizzay and the other guy were using high light level gear as well, so it may be clutch if you don't have everyone using 312+ weapons to do final damage.

Reloading is a bad move as well while doing that last DPS.

Make that guy unequip his rocket launcher and then have him dismantle it. If he doesn't threaten to kick him out. Make sure he sends you a screenshot of it being dismantled.
That'll teach him.
DO IT.

Kyoufu

Oh God yes.

That's literally maybe the worst thing you could use.

If this was a gaffer please post so we can appropriately shame them.

lol, nah.

Friend of a friend. I told them not to now we should be OK.

Holy shit though. Now I have to suffer through this encounter again. :(

LTWood12

Did it with 3 people yesterday on hard mode.
Totally serious'd it though, full damage, everything we had.

I used a heavy machine gun right when he opened up with 320 attack.
Drizzay and the other guy were using high light level gear as well, so it may be clutch if you don't have everyone using 312+ weapons to do final damage.

Reloading is a bad move as well while doing that past DPS.

One of the main reasons people should ascend their ToM beyond 310. Insurance. Mine's 316, and I've cleared the final dpsw/ 4.

X-Frame

Should I get a Scuf controller (PS4) if I already use Bumper Jumper and most only play as a Titan?

I heard the paddles could help with skating but it's already quite easy once I switched to Bumper Jumper.

2real4tv

Sorry just getting home fresh hm raid starting at totems start when full
1.) Bigmanny287
2.) 
3.) xplicitone
4.) Vincentgrey
5.)
6.)

Kyoufu

The only reason she uses the Rocket Launcher to begin with is because it pushes her LL to 311.

The one time she decides to actually fire the thing...

Bogeypop

I did it the first week it was available without having a sword yet. It wasn't hard, just annoying. Shoving that many enemies into a broom closet sized room is the opposite of fun or challenging. Shooting a bullet sponge is probably more entertaining than that fight was.

I never said it was hard. You're misunderstanding my use of challenging. The room is actually incredibly spacious, when I'm feeling like I'm getting hosed a bit I usually run a lap around the room to lose aggro and regen my shield and health. People are just so hard-wired with the way to handle encounters in Year 1 that most people just camp the entrance which is asking for failure at worst or a harder time at best. All the Taken Captains focus on one spot when normally their projectiles are slow and easy to dodge suddenly you have 4 firing at you back-to-back. I don't share the sentiment that sitting back and shooting at Sepiks Prime's giant weakspot is fun as opposed to managing adds where they actually pose more of a problem than the boss itself, having each member contribute, managing Supers and actually have them be vital to success, and knowing the right spots to pick your shots against Driviks.

Strider

Should I get a Scuf controller (PS4) if I already use Bumper Jumper and most only play as a Titan?

I heard the paddles could help with skating but it's already quite easy once I switched to Bumper Jumper.

I don't think it would be worth it considering the price of a scuf

The only annoying thing to me about jumper layout is having melee on r3 but it's really only bad when using a sword.

E92 M3

The only reason she uses the Rocket Launcher to begin with is because it pushes her LL to 311.

Everyone should have a sniper if they're doing a raid, so really no excuses on that end.

LTWood12

Fine to have it equipped to push your overall LL up. But to USE it? Man that is soul-crushing stuff wiping at that part. I'm really sorry.

GutZ31

Nah, only if you have trouble using bumper jumper, or need a controller for future games to make it easier to jump/aim/shoot later on.

That's like $230 for a controller you will use just because of one game? making money off of the game? Not worth it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lol just had a copy of BLOPS 3 sent out from Amazon. I ordered it months ago for a beta code and forgot to cancel.

Afrocious

When Todd used the rocket launcher in the echo part of the Oryx fight, I tried to get the boss to kill him. I failed ultimately, and got my character to 315.

LTWood12

When Todd used the rocket launcher in the echo part of the Oryx fight, I tried to get the boss to kill him. I failed ultimately, and got my character to 315.

I carry a 317 RL at Oryx to:
A. Have the maximum light level.
B. Kill Taken Mobs right as they spawn outside the Echo dome. Always make sure I'm clear of teammates, but never pull it out for anything other than that.

Afrocious

I carry a 317 RL at Oryx to:
A. Have the maximum light level.
B. Kill Taken Mobs right as they spawn outside the Echo dome. Always make sure I'm clear of teammates, but never pull it out for anything other than that.

dont use that rocket in that bubble

you might not come back

what goes on in the bubble stays in the bubble

Trakan

I never said it was hard. You're misunderstanding my use of challenging. The room is actually incredibly spacious, when I'm feeling like I'm getting hosed a bit I usually run a lap around the room to lose aggro and regen my shield and health. People are just so hard-wired with the way to handle encounters in Year 1 that most people just camp the entrance which is asking for failure at worst or a harder time at best. All the Taken Captains focus on one spot when normally their projectiles are slow and easy to dodge suddenly you have 4 firing at you back-to-back. I don't share the sentiment that sitting back and shooting at Sepiks Prime's giant weakspot is fun as opposed to managing adds where they actually pose more of a problem than the boss itself, having each member contribute, managing Supers and actually have them be vital to success, and knowing the right spots to pick your shots against Driviks.

Alright. I'm referring to people who use it as a good example of a "challenging" way to obtain an exotic weapon, not you then.

You said those weapons should be reserved for the hardcore??

Just because someone is willing to grind for a weapon it doesn't make them special. We both prefer different ways of obtaining unique weapons, and I think both can exist in the game. It's no different from Xur selling one weapon (an easy way of obtaining a weapon) and a raid boss dropping a weapon (a more difficult way of obtaining a weapon.)

Whats your definition of "challenge"?

Because I am pretty sure anything that is hard to get, but doable can be called a challenge, even if you don't like the methods/tools given.

I mentioned it before, but I find raid mechanics to be clever and more interesting than anything they've done that's mission or strike related. They're challenging in the way that it's not countless enemies in a tiny room. Put the raid team on everything.

GutZ31

Alright. I'm referring to people who use it as a good example of a "challenging" way to obtain an exotic weapon, not you then.

Whats your definition of "challenge"?

Because I am pretty sure anything that is hard to get, but doable can be called a challenge, even if you don't like the methods/tools given.

Bogeypop

I actually agree with the people who say this is a much better way to obtain Exotics rather than grinding planetary mats for an hour or waiting once or twice a week for the "gated" quest to open. At least some Exotics, I still like playing the "slots" and hoping I hit the jackpot. It's the basic drive of loot games. Just hide a few Exotics behind content that isn't quite "Raid" challenging, but challenging enough that your average player still has to cooperate with his group to the same degree as Driviks or Skolas to ensure success.

Afrocious

I personally don't like how the spindle quest rewards the spindle itself. While that one segment is challenging for most, I don't like how it's basically a 10 minute trial to get the weapon - and that's it.

Perhaps I put exotic weapons on too high a shelf, but I would be fine with this challenge rewarding a really good legendary. However, for this to work, there would have to be major reworks on weapons as a general thing.

I basically look at the Spindle quest to be similar to FFX's Chocobo Race where you had to win the thing in 0 seconds to get a part of a character's ultimate weapon. I liked that in FFX, and how there was more to accomplish even after that task. The Spindle quest feels incomplete to me since it's one and done. It needs an extra part before it and after it for it to feel valid.

Also, not a fan of it being time gated.

LTWood12

I personally don't like how the spindle quest rewards the spindle itself. While that one segment is challenging for most, I don't like how it's basically a 10 minute trial to get the weapon - and that's it.

Perhaps I put exotic weapons on too high a shelf, but I would be fine with this challenge rewarding a really good legendary. However, for this to work, there would have to be major reworks on weapons as a general thing.

I basically look at the Spindle quest to be similar to FFX's Chocobo Race where you had to win the thing in 0 seconds to get a part of a character's ultimate weapon. I liked that in FFX, and how there was more to accomplish even after that task. The Spindle quest feels incomplete to me since it's one and done. It needs an extra part before it and after it for it to feel valid.

Also, not a fan of it being time gated.

Nerd alert!

I endlessly bred Chocobos in FFVII to get a Gold for KOTR. I know that feel.

Top Bottom