• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

Nerd alert!

I endlessly bred Chocobos in FFVII to get a Gold for KOTR. I know that feel.

I am with you!

Knights of the Round Table was necessary to beat Ruby and Emerald weapon. At least it was for me back then. Ruby actually required more strategy than Emerald, though.

ich00

Hey dgaf.

Is anyone around at about 10pm est to help me finish the HM raid? I have the cp at the daughters and really would like to get it done tonight. My warlock is sitting at 308 but I could probably get him to 310 for Oryx. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LTWood12

Hey dgaf.

Is anyone around at about 10pm est to help me finish the HM raid? I have the cp at the daughters and really would like to get it done tonight. My warlock is sitting at 308 but I could probably get him to 310 for Oryx. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If I'm on and you need someone I would be happy to help. Got a lot of RL stuff right now so planning raids is tough, but i'd love to help.

lol, it was worse when you used mimic off of KOTR

I'd suppressed that memory. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackflag

Should I get a Scuf controller (PS4) if I already use Bumper Jumper and most only play as a Titan?

I heard the paddles could help with skating but it's already quite easy once I switched to Bumper Jumper.

Not sure what that is, I recommend the HoriFPS plus though.

Turn your pulse rifles and hung jury into full auto, map buttons however you want. Has that same button on the back the xbox elite controller does to change sensitivity on the fly.

Really great.

I personally don't like how the spindle quest rewards the spindle itself. While that one segment is challenging for most, I don't like how it's basically a 10 minute trial to get the weapon - and that's it.

Perhaps I put exotic weapons on too high a shelf, but I would be fine with this challenge rewarding a really good legendary. However, for this to work, there would have to be major reworks on weapons as a general thing.

I basically look at the Spindle quest to be similar to FFX's Chocobo Race where you had to win the thing in 0 seconds to get a part of a character's ultimate weapon. I liked that in FFX, and how there was more to accomplish even after that task. The Spindle quest feels incomplete to me since it's one and done. It needs an extra part before it and after it for it to feel valid.

Also, not a fan of it being time gated.

Ehh the spindle isn't really all that special though. If it were a more interesting exotic I'd agree but considering it's just a year 2 version of the nerfed black hammer that uses an exotic slot doing a difficult mission seems sufficient.

Bogeypop

I personally don't like how the spindle quest rewards the spindle itself. While that one segment is challenging for most, I don't like how it's basically a 10 minute trial to get the weapon - and that's it.

Perhaps I put exotic weapons on too high a shelf, but I would be fine with this challenge rewarding a really good legendary. However, for this to work, there would have to be major reworks on weapons as a general thing.

I basically look at the Spindle quest to be similar to FFX's Chocobo Race where you had to win the thing in 0 seconds to get a part of a character's ultimate weapon. I liked that in FFX, and how there was more to accomplish even after that task. The Spindle quest feels incomplete to me since it's one and done. It needs an extra part before it and after it for it to feel valid.

Also, not a fan of it being time gated.

There is a part before the Spindle quest begins. You were supposed to trash your Black Hammer and get a Rune you interpret to be a map.

darknil

So I have one question. I've done the raid a couple of times. Right now I'm a Warlock with a 306LL, reading about your characters I feel pretty underleveled. What should I do? Keep doing Normal mode only?

Btw, I don't have the ToM yet, hate grinding hedium flakes, but I guess one day I must do it.

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
is it normal to get my first exotic at level 40? pretty much goin planet to planet and just doin runs..enjoy em tho. on normal currently..battered the taken king, oryx, and few others so far..

Mupod

So I have one question. I've done the raid a couple of times. Right now I'm a Warlock with a 306LL, reading about your characters I feel pretty underleveled. What should I do? Keep doing Normal mode only?

Btw, I don't have the ToM yet, hate grinding hedium flakes, but I guess one day I must do it.

It is very highly recommended for the last two bosses. It's useless before that. Sisters are not a difficult dps check if you 3-cycle them so I don't think it's necessary for them, but I wouldn't do Oryx without it.

306 would be fine to start the hard raid but as above I would not attempt Oryx without meeting the requirements. 309 is fine.

Afrocious

If you're 306 and wanting to do HM KF, not having ToM is a bottleneck for Daughters and Oryx. You should be good for the prior encounters though.

Shito

I mentioned it before, but I find raid mechanics to be clever and more interesting than anything they've done that's mission or strike related. They're challenging in the way that it's not countless enemies in a tiny room. Put the raid team on everything.
I still think they went too much to the "mechanics!" side of things when designing KF, to the point where I feel like I'm not playing a game anymore but a very rigid partition. There's no leeway in encounters, no subtle variations to be had: you have to beat the phases exactly how Bungie designed them, and that's it. This, to me, is insanely boring.
One example of this is how they treat adds, and make them play this exact role of "additional enemies that are just there as a nuisance" and nothing more. The taken are formidably well designed enemies: their different abilities make them a bitch to fight against, and the combination of them can create a real challenge. The best thing about that is that it creates a "dynamic" challenge, where you have to improvise at all times and change strategies on the fly -- they create fights where you have to adapt to your enemies aggressive behaviour, rather than fights where everyone just apply THE strategy. In KF those enemies are only relegated to nothing more but cannon fodder acting as the only (and very small) unknown in the whole encounter. And that's sad. Let's take a small comparison between the Templar and the Warpriest: harpies in the first one are there to throw off your rhythm, just as regular adds do, but they are more especially best left to the relic holder so that he can fill his super faster; the warpriest tries to use this same idea of making adds more "valuable" to only one member in the party, but it forces the mechanic onto players -- you HAVE to use this system, whereas the Templar fight was leaving all this to the players' discretion. VoG is organic, KF is just mechanics.
The oracle room in the paradox mission, when I first did it solo, was the only time when Destiny gave me DMC / Bayonetta vibes. I want more of that. :)

I've got one HM helmet so far and it was 311. Haha. Thank god it wasn't 310 though. Gotta at least feel that progression.

I just want that shader. Some good rolls would be a bonus.

Which reminds me, last night I got 318 boots that put me at 314.

I think I've gotten 3x HM boots + 3x HM gloves to drop. No chest or helm though

I still think they went too much to the "mechanics!" side of things when designing KF, to the point where I feel like I'm not playing a game anymore but a very rigid partition. There's no leeway in encounters, no subtle variations to be had: you have to beat the phases exactly how Bungie designed them, and that's it. This, to me, is insanely boring.
One example of this is how they treat adds, and make them play this exact role of "additional enemies that are just there as a nuisance" and nothing more. The taken are formidably well designed enemies: their different abilities make them a bitch to fight against, and the combination of them can create a real challenge. The best thing about that is that it creates a "dynamic" challenge, where you have to improvise at all times and change strategies on the fly -- they create fights where you have to adapt to your enemies aggressive behaviour, rather than fights where everyone just apply THE strategy. In KF those enemies are only relegated to nothing more but cannon fodder acting as the only (and very small) unknown in the whole encounter. And that's sad. Let's take a small comparison between the Templar and the Warpriest: harpies in the first one are there to throw off your rhythm, just as regular adds do, but they are more especially best left to the relic holder so that he can fill his super faster; the warpriest tries to use this same idea of making adds more "valuable" to only one member in the party, but it forces the mechanic onto players -- you HAVE to use this system, whereas the Templar fight was leaving all this to the players' discretion. VoG is organic, KF is just mechanics.
The oracle room in the paradox mission, when I first did it solo, was the only time when Destiny gave me DMC / Bayonetta vibes. I want more of that. :)

preach

E92 M3

Let's be real here: Paradox is the best mission in Destiny. yet. I absolutely adored it and whoever designed that needs a raise.

Good, post is good.

LTWood12

Thanks lt, I'll keep an eye out.

Hopefully everything is OK in the real world.

Thanks ichabod. Baby isn't gaining weight like he should, so we've had to go back to a day 1 feeding regimen, plus we have to literally measure his intake by ounce (he bfeeds).

Basically now one out of every three hours is spent on feeding him or preparing to. It's really hard for my wife, but the plan looks like it's working.

Afrocious

If Fear's Embrace didn't have that room you could hide in, it would be the best mission in Destiny simply for the absurdity of the boss fight.

fuck 45 minutes. do it at 5 Eastern so I can join and get exotics

Fine. Nostalgic VoG at 5 Eastern it is.

tumblr_neg9irlAgO1tebl72o1_400.gif

Ken

VOG was the perfect balance between mechanics and just shooting.

VoG leaned pretty heavily towards "just shooting" actually; I'd probably say a 7:3 split of DPS to mechanics, if I'm interpreting "just shooting" as dumping DPS into things to win.

Conflux and Oracles were about how fast you could clear waves. Templar had the Relic Holder doing mechanics while everyone else just burned through adds and Oracles. Gatekeeper was also about how fast you could clear waves, and sending your highest DPS in for Relics was usually the most beneficial. Atheon with the plate switching and Relic probably had the most balanced split but only relative to everything else in VoG.

Thanks ichabod. Baby isn't gaining weight like he should, so we've had to go back to a day 1 feeding regimen, plus we have to literally measure his intake by ounce (he bfeeds).

Basically now one out of every three hours is spent on feeding him or preparing to. It's really hard for my wife, but the plan looks like it's working.

Wish you all the best LT. Being a dad is no joke.

Mindlog

Does anyone here complete the Suros rocket launcher crucible testing?
Very surprised, but not surprised to see it return this week. It's an atrocity.
If Fear's Embrace didn't have that room you could hide in, it would be the best mission in Destiny simply for the absurdity of the boss fight.
It's my favorite mission. I've never stood still in that room.

Top Bottom