• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Been farming for that Grasp the past few nights, probably spent a total of 6-8 hours with the same group. Only one of us has gotten one, and by one I mean four. One person has gotten four to drop. RNG pls

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Been farming for that Grasp the past few nights, probably spent a total of 6-8 hours with the same group. Only one of us has gotten one, and by one I mean four. One person has gotten four to drop. RNG pls
RNG always picks favorites and I will never understand why. It's like we're a lucky rabbit foot for the rest of our friends.

Yeah, it happens every few months. It'll get better ;) Just goes to show you how passionate people are about Destiny.

*edit*

Top of Page

isUORxq.gif

Rollback the weapons parts and strange coin nerfs and tease some upcoming content and people will be a lot happier.

Oh, and fix Crucible drops.

Shito

That's why I much prefer quests to pure RNG: at least, after spending 4 hours on the Black Spindle mission the first day it released, all 3 of us were equally happy to finally complete it!
(even though I was a bit more happy to get the ship as well...)
I do agree with zewone about RNG drops being fun as well, though, but I would limit them to cosmetic items / bragging rights / engrams.
Every boss in a raid should at least guarantee a drop, and on top of that some of those very rare drops that have little incidence on the gameplay. Keep running them to get better perks / light on your guaranteed drops, and farm them to get those rare ships / shaders / emblems...

That's why I much prefer quests to pure RNG: at least, after spending 4 hours on the Black Spindle mission the first day it released, all 3 of us were equally happy to finally complete it!
(even though I was a bit more happy to get the ship as well...)
I do agree with zewone about RNG drops being fun as well, though, but I would limit them to cosmetic items / bragging rights / engrams.
Every boss in a raid should at least guarantee a drop, and on top of that some of those very rare drops that have little incidence on the gameplay. Keep running them to get better perks / light on your guaranteed drops, and farm them to get those rare ships / shaders / emblems...

Yup. Getting nothing but shards from a hard mode boss (even with both normal + hard drops) in a raid is unacceptable.

Maybe I'm not using the word to describe obtaining a god roll Grasp that you like. It's not difficult to win the lotto. You buy a ticket and pick some numbers, but the odds are not in your favor. Which makes it unlikely you'll receive it. I'm okay with this. Perhaps having different avenues other than Omnigul so it didn't get so tedious and you could get it playing normally would help. Since as of now, it's not in the normal TTK strike rotation.

And regarding the comparison to the exotic quests. Getting a Boolean Gemini, Tlaloc, Ace of Spades, Sleeper Simulant, NTTE, etc. is not difficult.

They give you a checklist of missions and strikes to complete and once you're done it's handed to you.

I'm not saying that grinding for a Grasp and grinding for certain exotics are the same. My point is that neither is difficult, but one is not guaranteed. Which makes it less likely to obtain.

lol seriously. Killing Omnigul a bunch of times isn't difficult. Obviously. But some parts of those quests you mentioned are actually genuinely challenging. Not impossible or stupidly difficult, but challenging. Some people may not actually be able to do them. At least not alone. Just because a Grasp isn't guaranteed doesn't add any kind of challenge. You're basically rolling a big ass dice and saying getting the perfect number was hard when it just took you a long ass time.

You like the feel of winning the lottery. I get that, who doesn't? But this comparison is silly.

Taborcarn

I feel like having a vendor allow you to exchange armor parts for weapon parts, even at a 2:1 ratio, would be a fair solution to the current drought.

recks

We farmed for Grasps for ~12 hrs, during this time I got ten drops while Reign got one, most boring and frustrating thing I ever did on this game.

noomi

For those farming the grasp, just wait until Omnigul is the nightfall again. The drop rate for strike specific loot is significantly increased that way ;)

Rollback the weapons parts and strange coin nerfs and tease some upcoming content and people will be a lot happier.

Oh, and fix Crucible drops.

I hear ya, I spent about 150 weapon parts this morning and I hated doing it knowing how hard to come by they are now.

Gotta grind them back now :p

We farmed for Grasps for ~12 hrs, during this time I got ten drops while Reign got one, most boring and frustrating thing I ever did on this game.

Should farm Draxis instead :p

The chances you will get a god roll are like 792/1? (I think Drizz did the math) and that's not even counting the chances it will drop. If you're going to farm the grasp just do it in small chunks of time. I did 1hr a day for a while and I got two. The second rolled with Exhumed, Injection Mold, Third eye...

And you know what? I prefer my adept Trials pulse and Nirwen's. The Grasp is not the be all end all. It's good with the right roll.

noomi

It would also be great if Grasp wasn't the only pulse rifle with that damage type in TTK.

There's no alternatives.

What about The Hawksaw & Suros PDX-45.

They are similar, lower RoF though.

And you know what? I prefer my adept Trials pulse and Nirwen's. The Grasp is not the be all end all. It's good with the right roll.

I have to agree with you. Even though the grasp is pretty great, Nirwens Mercy and Suros PDX-45 with good rolls are great alternatives.

Rubenov

The chances you will get a god roll are like 792/1? (I think Drizz did the math) and that's not even counting the chances it will drop. If you're going to farm the grasp just do it in small chunks of time. I did 1hr a day for a while and I got two. The second rolled with Exhumed, Injection Mold, Third eye...

The Grasp needs either Braced Frame or Hand Laid stock to unlock its true potential. Nothing else would do.

phen0m24

The chances you will get a god roll are like Kadey or Nami/1? (I think Drizz did the math) and that's not even counting the chances it will drop. If you're going to farm the grasp just do it in small chunks of time. I did 1hr a day for a while and I got two. The second rolled with Exhumed, Injection Mold, Third eye...

FTFY Ape. ;) those 2 and their RNG luck

zewone

For a true TTK laser, my PDX-41 is the only one comparable to a HoW pulse. I got mine from a Gunsmith package (the horror!)

Perfect Balance
Rodeo
Injection Mold

yPnLPSZ.png

Oh, I know what I'm getting myself into, believe me. I don't have the Trials PR nor do I have a Nirwen's, sooo... Yeah.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ah, I'm at work otherwise I'd join you on the quest for helm status; if you happen to start a couple hours later due to availability I'll jump in. Thanks again for the fun runs last night; the HM one afterward went well up until Oryx....

Now I'm stuck on the CP and even resorted to LFG this morning because of how close we were last night. LFG group got him to 1/2 health the second attempt, we died to Dox and 2 people insta-quit and the group fell apart, it's really frustrating finding a solid group with randos. 100.io > LFG 100x over. I just want the emblem and last achievement!

I can delay for a few hours. I had to do some things today so I'd probably run late anyway. Last nights run was only over an hour to finish.

Next HM run I'll try to join and if it happens late for me I'll take the Xbox downstairs so I don't wake anyone up. I'm more confident now to go in with my Warlock or possibly my Titan.

Trakan

Entitled might be the most overused and misused word in this thread. Did you even read my post? I specifically said people should have to WORK for the drops, that there is a chase involved. But make the progress more consistent and predictable, so that people have reassurance of their effort being rewarded. Not RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG where one kill might give you a god roll and 100 kills might give you nothing.

There is a happy middle ground between "entitled free loot for everyone herpderp" and "boring possibly infinite grind with no reward in sight."

There should be room for both. Every single gun in the game doesn't have to be the "work for this drop by doing missions/strikes." Save a few that do require the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and let them be for the hardcore.

Has no one in this thread ever played other loot games that do this? Borderlands 2's drop rates were pretty low and then you had more rolls than Destiny as far as modifiers on how the gun performed.

lol seriously. Killing Omnigul a bunch of times isn't difficult. Obviously. But some parts of those quests you mentioned are actually genuinely challenging. Not impossible or stupidly difficult, but challenging. Some people may not actually be able to do them. At least not alone. Just because a Grasp isn't guaranteed doesn't add any kind of challenge. You're basically rolling a big ass dice and saying getting the perfect number was hard when it just took you a long ass time.

You like the feel of winning the lottery. I get that, who doesn't? But this comparison is silly.

I didn't find the Black Spindle/NttE quests challenging in the slightest. Raid mechanics are challenging. The mechanics in the exotic missions were annoying and stupid. Throwing 80 enemies into a tiny room with a time limit is the opposite of difficult to me. Bungie doesn't know how to do difficult.

noomi

Off topic... but I want to play the Overwatch Beta so bad, looks like so much fun.

Thats a damn good roll zewone.

I've been rolling with the Suros PDX-45 lately. Had it sitting in the vault for a few weeks until Bitsurugi told me how good it was.

- Fitted Stock
- Full Auto
- Rifled Barrel

LcSWgcO.jpg

I got this from Prison of Elders and decided to give it a try in The Crucible. It works pretty nicely, especially for being a Year 1 gun. I might stick with it until I get the Boolean Gemini.

I also managed to solo a Taken zealot last night, which is a first for me. I think the success can be contributed to Ruin Wake.

Frenden

Banned
Off topic... but I want to play the Overwatch Beta so bad, looks like so much fun.

Thats a damn good roll zewone.

I've been rolling with the Suros PDX-45 lately. Had it sitting in the vault for a few weeks until Bitsurugi told me how good it was.

- Fitted Stock
- Full Auto
- Rifled Barrel

LcSWgcO.jpg

Nice. I just had this drop yesterday.

CS_Io6_UEAABngY.jpg:large

Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Injection Mold

It'll have max stability thanks to Perfect and Injection and no drift in the shot grouping thanks to the perfect vertical recoil of Counter Balance.

phen0m24

Full auto or counter balance for the Lyudmila-D?

I went counter balance as in my opinion what good is full auto if the pulse isn't close to perfectly stable? Especially with its typical up and left recoil

I'm hoping counter balance gives it a vertical recoil pattern at least

noomi

It'll have max stability thanks to Perfect and Injection and no drift in the shot grouping thanks to the perfect vertical recoil of Counter Balance.

Sweet! If I had to pick any Hawksaw it would be one with perfect stability. Rubenov has one that he frequently uses and does very well with.

Is the invective exotic shotgun any good foe pvp?

It's a great shotgun all around for all purposes. Very good in pvp :)

Top Bottom