• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

GutZ31

Grasp of Malok?

Never heard of it.

Why? Will my saltiness consume the Earth?
hy-vee-saltine-crackers-98752.jpg

Some groups just can't gel together.

Almost 2 hours on warpriest and totems combined and couldn't get Warpriest down at all. Mostly DGAF if not all. 1-2 people would die in the first wave, EVERY time. Even with 3 titan bubbles. (the last 2 attempts might have been laggy, some weird stuff went on)

Imagine Matchmaking on Raids.

I'm just about done with this game. I did the whole hard raid yesterday in less than 2 hours and today I finished Totems in 2 hours. Such fun.

Jafku

Almost 2 hours on warpriest and totems combined and couldn't get Warpriest down at all. Mostly DGAF if not all. 1-2 people would die in the first wave, EVERY time. Even with 3 titan bubbles. (the last 2 attempts might have been laggy, some weird stuff went on)

I'm just about done with this game. I did the whole hard raid yesterday in less than 2 hours and today I finished Totems in 2 hours. Such fun.

Yeah sorry about that. Idk what was going on

Something just wasn't gelling right. No clear individual's fault.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Totems in 2 hours? What were they doing haha.

The first person that was middle with me died, everytime. Then he left after 4-5 attempts. Then we got 2 new people so communication had to be fixed and at that point the original 4 was already frustrated and couldn't continue.

Totems in 2 hours? What were they doing haha.

Well, Totems took maybe 30-40 minutes. Warpriest was a little over an hour without victory.

zewone

HM Atheon is, to this day, the only one to have given me a double exotic drop, though. :)
Monte-Carlo and the Vex both in the same drop, both I didn't have.
Atheon <3

I got 310 Praxic Fire and 310 Telesto from Oryx.

Not engrams, straight up drops, plus my normal HM and NM drops.

I was super surprised.

Raids are for scrubs. Farm Omnigul for a real challenge.
Well I rather do a raid than farm fo...

Wellthereitis.gif
sorry for your luck

GutZ31

Yeah sorry about that. Idk what was going on

Sometimes having just one person with a bad connection can throw everything out of whack in Destiny, let alone the raid.

I had a similar issue while playing with all gaffers, and one person just had the worst connection out of all of us.
We stuck with it until Oryx, but ultimately had to ask him to leave because the fight was completely broken because of the connection issues.

After he left, first try...

Dedicated servers in Destiny 2 or bust.
This piece of crap?

jE49wTQ.png
Yeah, that garbage.
sweet role, congratz

Shito

I got 310 Praxic Fire and 310 Telesto from Oryx.

Not engrams, straight up drops, plus my normal HM and NM drops.

I was super surprised.
Nice!
Yeah all of them raid bosses can give a NM exotic and a HM exotic in the same drop I suppose, still super rare though. :D

phen0m24

Sometimes having just one person with a bad connection can throw everything out of whack in Destiny, let alone the raid.

I had a similar issue while playing with all gaffers, and one person just had the worst connection out of all of us.
We stuck with it until Oryx, but ultimately had to ask him to leave because the fight was completely broken because of the connection issues.

After he left, first try...

Dedicated servers in Destiny 2 or bust.

Don't talk about Hudson like that....

KIDDING HUDSON

How come we can't reroll one or two perks on our legendary guns again?
They tried it. Realised that some combinations of perks were significantly better than others, so instead of doing something about sub-par perks they decided it was better to hope that only a few would get them to drop with god rolls than everyone having the same guns.

I guess. I'm not actually that bothered about rerolling being gone tbh. Didn't abuse it like others did anyway.

Mindlog

Fuck that system. Then it just creates moments where you spend hours rolling for the perfect roll and it pidgeonholes weapon archetypes into 1 or 2 different configurations.
Much more appealing than farming Omnigul.

Which is another reminder. Which got a bunch of GARBAGE - dumpster fire tier perks when rerolling became a thing.
Remove them from the game.

Afrocious

Fuck that system. Then it just creates moments where you spend hours rolling for the perfect roll and it pidgeonholes weapon archetypes into 1 or 2 different configurations.

I got the hours of rolling. That does suck. I wish we could pick and choose honestly.

But as far as havoc pidgeonholding weapon archetypes, isn't that already the case even without being able to reroll perks?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Summoning zombies to get down

I'll see myself out

sMI9fey.jpg

The first person that was middle with me died, everytime. Then he left after 4-5 attempts. Then we got 2 new people so communication had to be fixed and at that point the original 4 was already frustrated and couldn't continue.

Well, Totems took maybe 30-40 minutes. Warpriest was a little over an hour without victory.

I can understand Warpriest but Totems man that doesn't seem much different to normal and we did it first try with a bunch of 297-303's.

zewone

They should just have one gun of each type (1 AR, 1 SR, 1PR, 1 HC) and have all the perks be the same, so no one feels left out and we can all be the same. We won't have to worry about RNG for the best guns.

They should call the game Halo.

Afrocious

figs hit the nail on the head

why doesn't bungie do something with the lame perks and replace the perk pool with way better ones?

zewone

figs hit the nail on the head

why doesn't bungie do something with the lame perks and replace the perk pool with way better ones?

So you'll keep looking for the perfect roll?

If every gun was awesome, you wouldn't have a reason to chase awesome guns.

"I just play because the game is fun."

That's a really cool story.

They should just have one gun of each type (1 AR, 1 SR, 1PR, 1 HC) and have all the perks be the same, so no one feels left out and we can all be the same. We won't have to worry about RNG for the best guns.

That's pretty much the opposite of what I said, but okay.

It's funny, but in the end, folks are always searching for specific perks and specific rolls to be competitive. The perk system is cool and works well for PvE. It becomes a problem in PvP. Oh well. Also, Halo is great.

MikeyMike

Sometimes, you need to accept that the chemistry is not there at all and just quit.

I remember on 1 of my Oryx runs where people were trying the "easy strat" with a twist and they wouldn't listen to any of my advices. Party disbanded before it got ugly.

So you'll keep looking for the perfect roll?

If every gun was awesome, you wouldn't have a reason to chase awesome guns.

"I just play because the game is fun."

That's a really cool story.

HoW was the most fun I ever had with this game and I already had everything worth having. The only guns to chase were all trash.

Question: if you run the raid 3 times across 3 different characters, delete one and create a new, are you able to run that new character through a raid and still get loot?

GhaleonEB

It's funny, but in the end, folks are always searching for specific perks and specific rolls to be competitive. The perk system is cool and works well for PvE. It becomes a problem in PvP. Oh well. Also, Halo is great.

I think this is why I find myself sitting out these discussions. As a PvE player, I really like the system because it means I'm getting a great drop now and then that I value (just got done re-rolling a drop of the Vanguard hand cannon with Third Eye and Firefly, replacing the one from the shop); loot drops have been meaningful for me much longer with TTK than it was in any of the year 1 phases. But I can't speak to the Crucible advantages that can provide, for lucky drops.

When I do play PvP I just do it for the heck of it and have fun doing so, knowing 1) I'm not good and 2) it's not balanced. But I'm okay with that and not playing at competitive levels. If I were, yeah.

I also got the Vanguard hand cannon with Third Eye and Firefly. It is....a terrible hand cannon. For PvE.

Question: if you run the raid 3 times across 3 different characters, delete one and create a new, are you able to run that new character through a raid and still get loot?

Uh, yes. Sounds like a hassle though.

That subclass grind.

Top Bottom