• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

zewone

Before rerolling, the chances of running into a high impact shotgun with shot package or a sniper with ridiculously high AA perks was low. Once HoW came along that was the norm. And your also had to have these same weapons with the same perks to be competitive. Everything was the same and everything was OP.
Oh, sorry.

Idk I didn't realise how much I loved PvP then now that it's gone.
I miss it too, but not because it was perfect, but because it was more enjoyable than what we have now. They made very questionable changes. Removing re rolling was not a mistake though.

Still on Warpriest?

We all disbanded about 25 minutes ago when I started posting about it since another couple of people left we all just decided it was best to disband, basically. I tried to join a group on LFG this entire time and not a single person would invite my 312 Hunter. So yea, going to do something productive now.

Some pulse rifle that's covered in chitan, and can have a chance of getting some good roles for perks for crucible head munching.

Don't let Kadey mess with you, she has one with a so called god roll. Happy I'm not a part of this pulse rifle meta, scouts for life.

E92 M3

Some groups just can't gel together.

Almost 2 hours on warpriest and totems combined and couldn't get Warpriest down at all. Mostly DGAF if not all. 1-2 people would die in the first wave, EVERY time. Even with 3 titan bubbles. (the last 2 attempts might have been laggy, some weird stuff went on)

Imagine Matchmaking on Raids.

I'm just about done with this game. I did the whole hard raid yesterday in less than 2 hours and today I finished Totems in 2 hours. Such fun.

eNtlu1r.jpg

We all disbanded about 25 minutes ago when I started posting about. I tried to join a group on LFG this entire time and not a single person would invite my 312 Hunter. So yea, going to do something productive now.

They probably heard about your 2hr totem to Warpriest :p I wouldn't sweat it shit happens sometimes, I've had nights where I'll die as soon as I spawn in, constantly

I miss it too, but not because it was perfect, but because it was more enjoyable than what we have now. They made very questionable changes. Removing re rolling was not a mistake though.

It was all about the Holy Trinity, they made it what it was

phen0m24

It's kinda fun when we argue because it's not a finger pointing name calling fest.

It's also fun imagining poor X losing his mind as he's pretty happy go lucky

I was so used to equating Zoba with Twilight Gap that I didn't even notice your name changed.

That's where I fell too. But I am firmly in the bring back Ahsoka camp. :)

They probably heard about your 2hr totem to Warpriest :p I wouldn't sweat it shit happens sometimes, I've had nights where I'll die as soon as I spawn in

Haha I completed 4 hard mode raids last week. 1 on Xbox where I completed Warpriest with LFG and I was only a 303, I did callouts, bubble, and Brand a few times and it was fine.

Also, whoever complains after every single wipe doesn't need to be hard raiding. After an hour, then yea. I mean even after 30 minutes sure, it gets frustrating. But not EVERY. SINGLE. WIPE. That alone brings down the team chemistry and vibe, IMO. Especially a random group of people.

I think this is why I find myself sitting out these discussions. As a PvE player, I really like the system because it means I'm getting a great drop now and then that I value (just got done re-rolling a drop of the Vanguard hand cannon with Third Eye and Firefly, replacing the one from the shop); loot drops have been meaningful for me much longer with TTK than it was in any of the year 1 phases. But I can't speak to the Crucible advantages that can provide, for lucky drops.

When I do play PvP I just do it for the heck of it and have fun doing so, knowing 1) I'm not good and 2) it's not balanced. But I'm okay with that and not playing at competitive levels. If I were, yeah.

Yup, I think in PvE context, the new system makes perfect sense and works well for exactly the reasons you suggested.

I'm not a game designer, but PvP in Destiny has always felt unbalanced to me. Do I like PvP? Yes. Do I love PvP? No.

I would like to believe the best idea that DGAF has suggested in weapon balancing based on PvE/PvP. For example, when you add in stability perks that effectively change PR in to lasers, they become better than ARs. In a perfect world, each gun would have two sets of perks. PvE perks that would be random and PvP perks that would always be the same. Then you would have specific gun archetypes that don't break the system. I think most folks LOVE the idea of "this is my gun and I am bringing it into battle" which makes my idea kind of moot and goes against the loot chase theme of the game.

Anyways, just some random thoughts about this stuff. Don't crucify me DGAF :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There is no god. There is only the traveler.

Anyone wants to do an Oryx kill and then a full run later on?

Kyoufu

I feel your pain Xplicit. I've been in groups that don't gel together at Warpriest for whatever reason.

Also I just did Totems to Daughters HM as a Warlock 307 and barely made it 308. Drops sucked balls.

LTWood12

We all disbanded about 25 minutes ago when I started posting about it since another couple of people left we all just decided it was best to disband, basically. I tried to join a group on LFG this entire time and not a single person would invite my 312 Hunter. So yea, going to do something productive now.

I've had this happen in a group full of guys I've played w/ before who I know to be good and properly geared for an encounter. sometimes the chemistry just isn't there on a given day.

lt519

Haha I completed 4 hard mode raids last week. 1 on Xbox where I completed Warpriest with LFG and I was only a 303, I did callouts, bubble, and Brand a few times and it was fine.

Also, whoever is the person that complains after every single wipe doesn't need to be hard raiding. After an hour, then yea. But not EVERY. SINGLE. WIPE. That alone brings down the team chemistry, IMO. Especially a random group of people. I think that person was from LFG or Reddit because we got him quickly and it didn't seem to be from here.

The raid is very unforgiving to individual mistakes and I hope they learn that is not the way to design raids. You should be able to weather a death or two late into a sequence when you've already done the majority of the DPS. A death in the totem mechanics by anyone almost throws the entire thing off.

I find too that you'll run into groups of people that are used to being "carried." They don't know they are those types of people but they'll sit there and watch a Major Knight run by them without shooting him or calling him out at all so the guys on the Totems get blindsided. One or two of these on a team is fine, get a team full of these, LL 315 or not, they'll get wrecked and be the first ones to start yelling at each other. It became more apparent when you get to Oryx and you needed all 6 people to pull their weight and that one person keeps dying. Then all the sudden you get in a group and its 4 people that can't keep from dying and the whole thing is a waste of time because any one of the four will die in any given part of the fight.

This raid ironically isolates individual play very quickly, which I don't think is a good way to have fun.

Tbf Crucible drops during HoW were also really good. I got both a Matador and Party Crasher to drop with a god roll. Didn't have to go near the gunsmith.

I've had this happen in a group full of guys I've played w/ before who I know to be good and properly geared for an encounter. sometimes the chemistry just isn't there on a given day.

I feel your pain Xplicit. I've been in groups that don't gel together at Warpriest for whatever reason.

Also I just did Totems to Daughters HM as a Warlock 307 and barely made it 308. Drops sucked balls.

Yea, after all of that I wouldn't have gotten anything above a 310 harrowed RL anyways.

Deku Tree

HM WP can be done very quickly with a coordinated group,
but with a PUG there is a lot of potential for a long frustrating wipefest.

I would say with people now using the one gaze Golgoroth strat,
then WP becomes the second most coordination requiring part of the raid after Oryx.

HM WP fires at you a lot so you need to stagger him really quickly, you need to use WoL and teathers, and if your team takes a long time to stand on the activation circles then the WP is going to kill usually the player standing on the right side activation circle.

And in HM people can't die or it's a wipe.

Then when people start scrubbing, it can create a reinforcing scrub cycle where things keep going wrong...

Tbf Crucible drops during HoW were also really good. I got both a Matador and Party Crasher to drop with a god roll. Didn't have to go near the gunsmith.

The drop rate was a lot better too. I got a legendary nearly every day in HoW playing crucible, but I've gotten like 7 total since TTK.

I should have done those two Oryx kills someone offered instead. The only thing I want from the raid is a hm helmet so I can unlock that stupid shader.

But I'm always scared to get in a team doing Oryx because I can be there for half an hour, an hour, or 2 hours. I just don't know. Its very inconsistent.

Some groups just can't gel together.

Almost 2 hours on warpriest and totems combined and couldn't get Warpriest down at all. Mostly DGAF if not all. 1-2 people would die in the first wave, EVERY time. Even with 3 titan bubbles. (the last 2 attempts might have been laggy, some weird stuff went on)

Imagine Matchmaking on Raids.

I'm just about done with this game. I did the whole hard raid yesterday in less than 2 hours and today I finished Totems in 2 hours. Such fun.

Yea, I had a bad feeling when the wipes starting happening so early on Totems. That was really hard to take.

If you ever want to raid with Sons of Mithras, we're always happy to have you! We never have issues like that and *usually* have stress-free and super-smooth runs (not to brag, but it's true—Robinson and Tears have put together quite a group that communicates exceptionally well and picks up the weak Wheels when they need a lift).

The raid is very unforgiving to individual mistakes and I hope they learn that is not the way to design raids. You should be able to weather a death or two late into a sequence when you've already done the majority of the DPS. A death in the totem mechanics by anyone almost throws the entire thing off.

I find too that you'll run into groups of people that are used to being "carried." They don't know they are those types of people but they'll sit there and watch a Major Knight run by them without shooting him or calling him out at all so the guys on the Totems get blindsided. One or two of these on a team is fine, get a team full of these, LL 315 or not, they'll get wrecked and be the first ones to start yelling at each other. It became more apparent when you get to Oryx and you needed all 6 people to pull their weight and that one person keeps dying. Then all the sudden you get in a group and its 4 people that can't keep from dying and the whole thing is a waste of time because any one of the four will die in any given part of the fight.

This raid ironically isolates individual play very quickly, which I don't think is a good way to have fun.

I think this is one of the things that killed my interest for HM. Played with a great crew of Gaffers, and we took forever on the Totems since all it took was one Melee Knight with his one hit kill sword to catch one guy off guard and invalidate the last ten minutes of playtime. With 6 guys, and one death per guy, that's an hour of time without having any one person scrubbing it up.
No loot at the end of that didn't help.

Luckily, we didn't have anyone loose their patience, and we just laughed it off and kept going.

It wasn't me Colonel, at least that time.

LTWood12

Also, whoever complains after every single wipe doesn't need to be hard raiding. After an hour, then yea. I mean even after 30 minutes sure, it gets frustrating. But not EVERY. SINGLE. WIPE. That alone brings down the team chemistry and vibe, IMO. Especially a random group of people.

That is really discouraging. There are ways to go about trying to fix a situation where someone keeps dying. Being a dick isn't it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
In 40 minutes running a Normal Kingsfall from the start on XB1. Got 3 spots open. Anyone welcome.

1) VE3TRO
2) Admodieus
3) ThingontheFloor
4)
5)
6)

I ran up to Golgo as a 291 Hunter during my first ever HM KF run.
Forgot to remove my Bones of Eao lol
Got wrecked one time by a wizard but managed to survive otherwise. Held the brand at WP and wondered why the acolytes so hard to kill. I resorted to sniping them lol.

Yea, I had a bad feeling when the wipes starting happening so early on Totems. That was really hard to take.

If you ever want to raid with Sons of Mithras, we're always happy to have you! We never have issues like that and *usually* have stress-free and super-smooth runs (not to brag, but it's true—Robinson and Tears have put together quite a group that communicates exceptionally well and picks up the weak Wheels when they need a lift).

Yea I've played with them. Most of the time the group seems full but if ever a spot opens up and I'm around / see it, I'll join.

HM WP can be done very quickly with a coordinated group,
but with a PUG there is a lot of potential for a long frustrating wipefest.

I would say with people now using the one gaze Golgoroth strat,
then WP becomes the second most coordination requiring part of the raid after Oryx.

HM WP fires at you a lot so you need to stagger him really quickly, you need to use WoL and teathers, and if your team takes a long time to stand on the activation circles then the WP is going to kill usually the player standing on the right side activation circle.

And in HM people can't die or it's a wipe.

Then when people start scrubbing, it can create a reinforcing scrub cycle where things keep going wrong...

Haha yea that's pretty much what happened. Endless cycle of scrubfesttery.

Yea I've played with them. Most of the time the group seems full but if ever a spot opens up and I'm around / see it, I'll join.

Haha yea that's pretty much what happened. Endless cycle of scrubfesttery.

Sorry about your luck. I hate the stupid light level divas that can be found at LFG.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I still don't grasp (lol) the Malok hype.

- never been killed by it in Crucible
- never saw anybody with it in Trials
- base stats (impact) looks like ass

???

Top Bottom