• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

It feels just like yesterday when everyone was drunk posting for New Years Eve, and now where almost there again.

Damn, does time fly fast.

stb

It's been waaaaay too long since I played w/ you guys.

We tried to grab you for daughters the other night, but I think captscience said you were offline or otherwise occupied or something.

That doesn't REALLY count, though, because it was very spur of the moment. I think we're gonna having openings after this week, because people (myself included) are planning on taking some time "off" for Fallout 4, Battlefront, etc.

coy

It feels just like yesterday when everyone was drunk posting for New Years Eve, and now where almost there again.

Don't forget the magic that happens on Christmas as well. I'll be away but definitely reading the thread and definitely drunk.

Deku Tree

Is there a hidden timer associated with the brand transfer at the totems.

Like if the player with the death singer power doesn't get rid of it before the brand transfer timer is up... Then the brand doesn't transfer? Could that be the way it works?

I've had several experiences where the brand just doesn't transfer even though it should have and people usually say "it's just lag" but it didn't seem like we were lagging.

MaKTaiL

Speaking of it, do you guys think we will get a New Years Eve event?

GIME FIREWORKS BUNGIE!

Like if the player with the power doesn't get rid of it before the brand transfer timer is up... Then the brand doesn't transfer? Could that be the way it works?

I've had several experiences where the brand just doesn't transfer even though it should have and people usually say "it's just lag" but it didn't seem like we were lagging.

wonder if its an issue of some people not fully getting rid of their death singer power? maybe moving around too much out of the totem killing adds? that will not allow you to accept the transfer

i know I've done that inadvertently before

edit: thats basically what you said my bad

Like if the player with the power doesn't get rid of it before the brand transfer timer is up... Then the brand doesn't transfer? Could that be the way it works?

I usually just say it's just lag when in the raid to keep spirits up but it's almost always something messing up. Either they leave too early to go to the middle, didn't get rid of all of their deathsinger's power in the middle or drifted too far away when the timer ran out. If this happens it's usually better to switch up the groups.

E92 M3

dog_war_flashback.gif

Oh god! Don't remind me!

Good memories should be remembered ;)

Don't forget the magic that happens on Christmas as well. I'll be away but definitely reading the thread and definitely drunk.

Ah, yes Christmas time was also fun. Love the holidays in general - Thanksgiving hype!

Speaking of it, do you guys think we will get a New Years Eve event?

GIME FIREWORKS BUNGIE!

I sure we get something cool!

ocean

Banned
Are we talking elemental primaries again? Ho hum. I understand the two camps regarding this topic, and I'm firmly with Luke here. It would completely kill my drive to play if they brought back a suite of elemental primaries again. It severely limits the choices you have for viable primary weapons and lessens the importance of your special and heavy weapons. There are so many cool new legendaries out there that I feel I can use now. If we have elemental primaries it becomes no contest. Why even bother with a kinetic? I don't want that.
Yeah VoG and CE locked us into using FB, those peaky arc shields basically didn't leave us a choice

Oh wait

Edit: holy shit that was such an old post lol pls ignore

Basically nobody uses Trials primaries or Skolas primaries in PvE despite having elements, or at least not commonly. They were still cool to own.

The reason is: VoG weapons were perfect, elemental or not, in terms of stats and perks. That's why we used them. Elements won't make a bad weapon compelling. And lack of elements won't stop a weapon like Hung Jury from being overwhelmingly popular.

Ultimately, there just aren't that many shields in the game and even fewer scenarios where you use primary on em. So I think people who strongly believe it's a good riddance and those who believe it's a sore loss are both overreacting to something which is ultimately meaningless.

I do think elements are a good way to make weapons feel special without making them any better at all. KF stuff would still be by and large garbage tier but at least you'd keep one for collecting instead of automatically infusing if they had elements - but you probably wouldn't use them more than you do now.

Namikaze1

I remember, Nami. We all remember.

You were so giving during the holidays that it can be difficult to remember what happened when.
tumblr_mvua9wJOvw1s4ip2qo1_400.gif

A lot happening here.

HM KF from Totens

1. ethomaz
2. silver.tongue

Anybody wants to join?

If more 4 Brazilians guys joins then we can do a party chat in Portuguese :D jk

Dude i just agreed to join macello on a raid in 90 minutes. Want me to see if he has a spot for u?

ocean

Banned
Get with the times, Javi. We've moved on. :p
I dunno why but sometimes my phone reloads the page like 29 pages behind. It's annoying cause it happens pretty often :p

Btw whenever I read something about the Principality of Sealand I think of you as the sole gamer living there.

I dunno why but sometimes my phone reloads the page like 29 pages behind. It's annoying cause it happens pretty often :p

Btw whenever I read something about the Principality of Sealand I think of you as the sole gamer living there.

lol guess it's just me and a PS4

Namikaze1

Dear Bungie,

For the christmas event, have Master Troll Rahool dressed as Santa.

Oh and have Eris hand us socks while everyone else gives us some good stuff.

JHall

Dear Bungie,

For the christmas event, have Master Troll Rahool dressed as Santa.

Oh and have Eris hand us socks while everyone else gives us some good stuff.

Xur needs to be dressed as Santa. He also needs to sell coal engrams instead of exotic engrams. These engrams have a chance to decrypt all the way from whites to exotics. Depending on how nice you've been throughout the year.

Top Bottom