• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I'm going to do LFG tonight starting from Daughters checkpoint for SCIENCE. I'll report my findings here. Last week was insane with a guy who dismantled his ToM cause he didn't like it, another guy playing in the electronics section of the Walmart he worked at, and some 15 year old who wouldn't shut the fuck up.

inthrall

I still don't grasp (lol) the Malok hype.

- never been killed by it in Crucible
- never saw anybody with it in Trials
- base stats looks like ass

???

Its the only pulse with random stats that you can farm. Its archetype isn't the best, but the fact you can get the three best perks on it makes up for that. No-one has it because the drop rate is lower than my rate of good metaphors

zewone

I still don't grasp (lol) the Malok hype.

- never been killed by it in Crucible
- never saw anybody with it in Trials
- base stats (impact) looks like ass

???
Well it's pretty rare and don't let the impact fool you. It can kill you before you even know what's happening with its fire rate.

LTWood12

I'm going to do LFG tonight starting from Daughters checkpoint for SCIENCE. I'll report my findings here. Last week was insane with a guy who dismantled his ToM cause he didn't like it, another guy playing in the electronics section of the Walmart he worked at, and some 15 year old who wouldn't shut the fuck up.

DESTINY

Shito

I'm going to do LFG tonight for the Daughters checkpoint for SCIENCE. I'll report my findings here. Last week was insane with a guy who dismantled his ToM cause he didn't like it, another guy playing in the electronics section of the Walmart he worked at, and some 15 year old who wouldn't shut the fuck up.
Walmart guy is awesome, haha.

WALMARTBOYZ

Jabronium

You're doing the Traveler's work.

So I'm lookin for some advice on what to do with my first raid drops. I was snagged up just chilling in the tower by a group that needed a slot filled (even after warning them I had never done the raid before) and we cleared all the way to Oryx (didn't get him down yet) and I'm trying to figure out what I should do with my first drops.

306 Defiance of Yasmin (Firefly and Injection mold)

I popped some motes right away and used this on daughters and our Oryx attempts and I noticed it was far less stable and the reload was a lot slower than my 296 1000 yard stare (vendor perks) not to mention the lower impact. I'm wondering if I should infuse it to my 1000 yard stare? Bonus taken damage and the reload perk is nice but I don't know if its nice enough if its doing less damage over all and less stability.

Silence of A'arn 302 (hand loaded and close and personal)

I've already got 300 Conspiracy Theory and 295 Invective for pvp. Shotgun doesn't seem that amazing for raid either. I was thinking Infuse the shotgun then the Defiance into the 1000 yard stare. Raid drops are pretty but I want to be more effective.

Zhalo Supercell 310

I already had a 290 one but I ended up rolling a 310 last night too. Its a fun gun for strikes but it seems like my 300 Nirwen's Mercy and 295 Hung Jury are more effective. I was thinking I should infuse my Nirwen's with it since I favor pulse rifles anyway.

I also picked up 300 raid boots but I'm unsure is the extra speed for Torn between worlds worth it? I already have 300 iron banner boots (solar double kills, extra MG ammo) and the raid boots are rocket/fusion ammo. Thinking I should stick with the IB boots since I favor sword/MG unless you guys think the extra speed is essential?

Any advice for a raid newbie would be greatly appreciated. And to the group who decided they wanted to carry me and teach me the raid on the fly at random much <3 thanks for picking me! :)

So I'm lookin for some advice on what to do with my first raid drops. I was snagged up just chilling in the tower by a group that needed a slot filled (even after warning them I had never done the raid before) and we cleared all the way to Oryx (didn't get him down yet) and I'm trying to figure out what I should do with my first drops.

306 Defiance of Yasmin (Firefly and Injection mold)

I popped some motes right away and used this on daughters and our Oryx attempts and I noticed it was far less stable and the reload was a lot slower than my 296 1000 yard stare (vendor perks) not to mention the lower impact. I'm wondering if I should infuse it to my 1000 yard stare? Bonus taken damage and the reload perk is nice but I don't know if its nice enough if its doing less damage over all and less stability.

Silence of A'arn 302 (hand loaded and close and personal)

I've already got 300 Conspiracy Theory and 295 Invective for pvp. Shotgun doesn't seem that amazing for raid either. I was thinking Infuse the shotgun then the Defiance into the 1000 yard stare. Raid drops are pretty but I want to be more effective.

Zhalo Supercell 310

I already had a 290 one but I ended up rolling a 310 last night too. Its a fun gun for strikes but it seems like my 300 Nirwen's Mercy and 295 Hung Jury are more effective. I was thinking I should infuse my Nirwen's with it since I favor pulse rifles anyway.

I also picked up 300 raid boots but I'm unsure is the extra speed for Torn between worlds worth it? I already have 300 iron banner boots (solar double kills, extra MG ammo) and the raid boots are rocket/fusion ammo. Thinking I should stick with the IB boots since I favor sword/MG unless you guys think the extra speed is essential?

Any advice for a raid newbie would be greatly appreciated. And to the group who decided they wanted to carry me and teach me the raid on the fly at random much <3 thanks for picking me! :)

+Keep the Zhalo Supercell, it's really damn good in PvE and half decent for PvP. But an Arc Primary, that is gold. If you don't mind using your 290, I guess you can boost your pulrse rifle
+Keep the boots in case you need to infuse gear you like. If it doesnt' have the perks you like, don't use it.
-Infuse the Yasmin into your 1000 yard stare, or wait until you get another 1000 yard stare drop that suits your fancy
-Infuse the shotgun if you don't like it, it's...really meh.

The weapons you should be looking out from the raid are-
The Pulse Rifle
The Scout Rifle
The Heavy Machine Gun

Everything else is eh to meh.

border

So where exactly is Court of Oryx? Someone hold my hand please

Take a right from the starting point of your patrol, go through a door/hallway into the Hall of Souls. Court of Oryx is in the center.....it's the a big floaty platform where you get hurt if you walk on the ground.

stb

Late, but regarding totem failure: shit happens.

I've run with the same raid group for about a year now, and most of our KF runs have been together. We floundered on totems last week for over an hour after only taking a few tries the first week of HM. EDIT: this week we first tried it.

All it takes is for one person or something to be just a little bit off, and the whole thing unravels. It's a microcosm for the entire raid, and the main reason KF is no VOG.

Sorry Afro I had a scientific breakthrough.

Lemme know when you're done with KF though and i'll still run the Vault. I just hate having to unplug a bunch of cables to switch systems though.

jediyoshi

Annd crossed HM oryx off the checklist. With my team's setup, as someone on a platform I ended up needing to do less work than normal oryx. Pretty sure my kills were in the single digits.

LTWood12

Late, but regarding totem failure: shit happens.

I've run with the same raid group for about a year now, and most of our KF runs have been together. We floundered on totems last week for over an hour after only taking a few tries the first week of HM. EDIT: this week we first tried it.

All it takes is for one person or something to be just a little bit off, and the whole thing unravels. It's a microcosm for the entire raid, and the main reason KF is no VOG.

It's been waaaaay too long since I played w/ you guys.

Top Bottom