• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I'm thinking of starting up a hard mode raid from totems at 9 PM EST. Gonna need 5 more guardians willing to help kick Oryx and his minions' ass.

todd360

I just wanted to log in to check out gunsmith wares. I'm planning on playing throuh as much metal gear as I can before fallout 4. I'm definitely going to be playing trials though when that's back up.

Is there a hidden timer associated with the brand transfer at the totems.

Like if the player with the death singer power doesn't get rid of it before the brand transfer timer is up... Then the brand doesn't transfer? Could that be the way it works?

I've had several experiences where the brand just doesn't transfer even though it should have and people usually say "it's just lag" but it didn't seem like we were lagging.

If you watch the four man raid video, you can see the transfer easier when they meet in the middle. You need to wait for the brand to transfer; I feel like some people take off as soon as they get Deathsinger's and the brand doesn't transfer in time.

It is also seemingly impossible to get people to properly call out when they get the brand. Way too many modifiers in that part - brand, aura and Deathsingers.

Is there a hidden timer associated with the brand transfer at the totems.

Like if the player with the death singer power doesn't get rid of it before the brand transfer timer is up... Then the brand doesn't transfer? Could that be the way it works?

I've had several experiences where the brand just doesn't transfer even though it should have and people usually say "it's just lag" but it didn't seem like we were lagging.

The Brand can't transfer to you if you still have any Deathsinger Power. It's part of the mechanics for that fight, won't let you stack buffs.

...Thread is so much slower I can read all the posts again. Fell off that wagon for a couple OTs during TTK hype peak.

Ken

Yay, hit level 40 with the VoG mission. Only i188. Also forgot I needed PS+ for everything.

Story was ok but had the same issues as HoW did towards the end where you were traveling back to the Tower to get a new mission every 10-20 minutes. I do appreciate that they've mostly given up on trying for a serious space opera cause the humor works a lot better than the Speaker's doom and gloom or the Stranger being 2mystery4u.

Totems is such a bad encounter. It's repetitive, with a set-in-stone completion time, like Oracles but there's no escalation (thrall spawns --> Knight spawns --> Major Knight spawns doesn't count). It limits where/when you move instead of having free reign. And it's even more mechanically simple, literally just playing tag.

Worst KF encounter. I almost fall asleep every time we do it.

Thanks ghost whiners. Now they've infected the crucible package for the weekly along with the nightfall. I don't want any bloody ghosts

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Any kind soul want to let me jump in for a totem HM checkpoint?? (Not raid - just get the cp)

Totems is such a bad encounter. It's repetitive, with a set-in-stone completion time, like Oracles but there's no escalation (thrall spawns --> Knight spawns --> Major Knight spawns doesn't count). It limits where/when you move instead of having free reign. And it's even more mechanically simple, literally just playing tag.

Most of Kings Fall is standing in one spot. They need to make future raid encounters more dynamic. Say it what you will about Crota's End but you do keep moving (until Crota).

Kyoufu

The worst part of the encounter is the Aura randomly deciding not to pass onto another player even though it should.

Thanks ghost whiners. Now they've infected the crucible package for the weekly along with the nightfall. I don't want any bloody ghosts

Hey, but this one gives more glimmer for killing Warlocks! I'll definitely remember to equip that whenever I play PvP. Sweet loots.

Fun fact: The only teammate that stayed in my last Elimination game went 0-10.

You couldn't pay me $100 to solo queue Elimination. It's bad enough trying to kill faster than they die in Skirmish.

3v3 is real tough for me to enjoy currently. If I solo queue the skill-based MM will make sure my teammates have no thumbs. With one teammate I match a full team of sweaty try-hards. With a full team I still match the same full sweaty try hard teams so everyone on my team has to be decent/actually trying. It's the downside of having good Crucible stats, I never get matched against scrubby scrubs.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
About the "burn" defense perks on chests - is that only bonus armor against burn modifiers in Nightfalls, or does it apply to all dmg of that type?

coy

I have average Crucible stats and never face the scrubby scrubs. In fact, I am trying to carry a team of them especially in 3s. Not a recipe for victory.

You couldn't pay me $100 to solo queue Elimination. It's bad enough trying to kill faster than they die in Skirmish.

3v3 is real tough for me to enjoy currently. If I solo queue the skill-based MM will make sure my teammates have no thumbs. With one teammate I match a full team of sweaty try-hards. With a full team I still match the same full sweaty try hard teams so everyone on my team has to be decent/actually trying. It's the downside of having good Crucible stats, I never get matched against scrubby scrubs.

Easy fix. Tank your stats.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I can't get armour to drop for my Hunter. I keep getting mantles and weapons lol. So another week gone and no helm drops even when using shards at Oryx on each guardian.

My Warlock is 310 nearly 311 so I'll try hard mode at the weekend.

Edit: Oh I diid get a Monte Carlo 310 from the exotic chest.

Easy fix. Tank your stats.

But I like my stats ;_; I've been scraping and clawing to get my overall K/D above 2.0 after being a scrub so long throughout vanilla and TDB. I didn't start taking PvP seriously until HoW honestly. It's at ~1.95, can't turn back now haha.

I should have done Rumble wins way earlier. Now every match is against iAM and BombSquad members. Speaking of which, Luminosity just started some Armsday Tournamnet matches, playing w one of the new 13 Devils members if anyone wants to check it out.

Dante316

Thanks all for the hard raid.
Got the worm God's boon at 317 light,
Harrowed smite of Mera in at 317 ,
anguish of Drystan at 307 and
mouth of ur at 300,
harrow ed midha's reckoning at 312,
harrow ed of chasm of yuul at 315.

Feels pretty good :)

border

About the "burn" defense perks on chests - is that only bonus armor against burn modifiers in Nightfalls, or does it apply to all dmg of that type?

I would be absolutely, positively shocked if it applied to anything other than Nightfall Burns.

Otherwise you would have people putting together their raiding armor sets specifically around when bosses deal a particular damage type.

Top Bottom