• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Pretty sure it only applies to the Burn modifier. They talked about it as such in the pre release stuff. Personally I always just look for "extra armor as ___ subclass" chest perk. Never cared enough about Burns or even just specific elemental damages.

lt519

Thanks all for the hard raid.
Got the worm God's boon at 317 light,
Harrowed smite of Mera in at 317 ,
anguish of Drystan at 307 and
mouth of ur at 300,
harrow ed midha's reckoning at 312,
harrow ed of chasm of yuul at 315.

Feels pretty good :)

Nice haul! I threw both my hand cannons into my 310 Smite with Glass Half Full and now it's at 320, love it.

My left side of gear is now 320, 318, 318, 320! Gotta get some better armor now for my Warlock.

But I like my stats ;_; I've been scraping and clawing to get my overall K/D above 2.0 after being a scrub so long throughout vanilla and TDB. I didn't start taking PvP seriously until HoW honestly. It's at ~1.95, can't turn back now haha

2.0 K/D is really impressive. Destiny is the first FPS I have really ever played MP for and am scrubbing it up with an all-time 0.9 K/D. I have improved greatly over the last year, but still have a ways to go. My current K/D is higher at ~1.6 now since I have a crap ton of scrubby play to overcome in early year 1.

I like to blame lag too... which is partially true, my connection is shit on WiFi, the few times I played wired I noticed a considerable improvement, but unfortunately it is not practical with my current Home Theater setup to run wired.

Afrocious

New stats:
Warlock 315
Hunter 314
Titan 315

Now got the complete hm raid sets for my warlock and titan

Also need the 310 artifact on my hunter

Lnkn52

Hey, but this one gives more glimmer for killing Warlocks! I'll definitely remember to equip that whenever I play PvP. Sweet loots.

You couldn't pay me $100 to solo queue Elimination. It's bad enough trying to kill faster than they die in Skirmish.

3v3 is real tough for me to enjoy currently. If I solo queue the skill-based MM will make sure my teammates have no thumbs. With one teammate I match a full team of sweaty try-hards. With a full team I still match the same full sweaty try hard teams so everyone on my team has to be decent/actually trying. It's the downside of having good Crucible stats, I never get matched against scrubby scrubs.

Maybe $100 towards the Xbox... Kappa

border

All my characters are in the 304-306 range.

I feel like that's kind of a crummy place to be. Too low to be anything but a liability in Hard Mode.....and nobody really even seems to want to run Normal anymore.

Daemul

New stats:
Warlock 315
Hunter 314
Titan 315

315 is the sweet spot, after you get there the grind to reach even higher light levels becomes unbearable.

lt519

New stats:
Warlock 315
Hunter 314
Titan 315

Come run from totems again with your Hunter...

If I can find myself a 310 exotic helmet for my warlock and hunter this week i'll have everyone at 314 minimum.

All my characters are in the 304-306 range.

I feel like that's kind of a crummy place to be. Too low to be anything but a liability in Hard Mode.....and nobody really even seems to want to run Normal anymore.

That's not a liability in HM until you get to Oryx. We've ever done Oryx with multiple people at 305. Keep doing HM up to Oryx and you'll jump a few levels pronto

Afrocious

Come run from totems again with your Hunter...

If I can find myself a 310 exotic helmet for my warlock and hunter this week i'll have everyone at 314 minimum.

All raided out for the night. Gotta eat dinner and get sleep soon.

Sorry zobes. I fed wanna run through old raids tho

shem935

Banned
In the words of a group member- "We need the baddest motherfucker in town for hard mode oryx fight". Who can claim the title? Just need one. We have the checkpoint. Shem0275 PSN.

I tried!
"Here play this."
"I don't know how to play this!"
"Perfect."

I plan to have my kids farm play my account when I am at work. They are nearly old enough, Battlefront should get them ready. Grind those strikes kids, daddy needs weapon parts and engrams.

Last spot left for Hard Mode from Totems:

1. XchildofhateX
2. MrJellyBean
3. Rarbusto
4. hibano23
5. Ocelott
6. Mindlog

EDIT - We're full. I'll send out invites now.

Dante316

Still can't believe I revived at a stupid time. Major brain fart. Thanks guys though, definitely entertainingly intense oryx fight.

LTWood12

I got 90 minutes, no mic, a baby on my lap. Let's play. I'd like to get some hm gear on my hunter. Any pros want to go through it fast on my behalf?

darthbob

How important is getting the legendary sword ASAP? Any good element to pick for a first sword?

Usually it's best to go with whatever element corresponds to your preferred subclass, due to the Exotic sword quest.

However I believe the general ranking of the Exotics goes something like this:

PvE: Dark Drinker ≥ Raze Lighter > Bolt Caster
PvP: Bolt Caster >>>>> Dark Drinker > Raze Lighter

2.0 K/D is really impressive. Destiny is the first FPS I have really ever played MP for and am scrubbing it up with an all-time 0.9 K/D. I have improved greatly over the last year, but still have a ways to go. My current K/D is higher at ~1.6 now since I have a crap ton of scrubby play to overcome in early year 1.

I like to blame lag too... which is partially true, my connection is shit on WiFi, the few times I played wired I noticed a considerable improvement, but unfortunately it is not practical with my current Home Theater setup to run wired.

Yeah, it takes a looong time to overcome bad stats and raise them up. I like using the Tracker page on Destinytracker.com, gives a cool overview of your entire career.

Also I remember some IB matches when you were just teleporting all over the place, couldn't open doors, etc. When I moved earlier this year I transitioned the PS4 from my big TV with WiFi to a gaming monitor with wired. Much improved although it required a house move before I could rearrange my life to accommodate it.

Maybe $100 towards the Xbox... Kappa

Haha hopefully the Halo 5 hype train will still be chugging when Black Friday rolls around. I'm definitely open to it.

Ken

Usually it's best to go with whatever element corresponds to your preferred subclass, due to the Exotic sword quest.

However I believe the general ranking of the Exotics goes something like this:

PvE: Dark Drinker ≥ Raze Lighter > Bolt Caster
PvP: Bolt Caster >>>>> Dark Drinker > Raze Lighter

Are swords in PvP actually a thing? Also getting this on Nightstalker so I should get the Void one or no?

darthbob

Are swords in PvP actually a thing? Also getting this on Nightstalker so I should get the Void one or no?

They're a thing when people are trying to get some stupid part of a certain Exotic quest done lmfao

But Bolt Caster is only kind of viable for PvP because of the fuckin Destructo Disc that it fires. Fortunately for you, Dark Drinker is amaze in PvE for clearing out trash mobs

^ Dead controller had nothing to do w that outcome. 100% chance he would have gotten smashed anyway, even if he got two GG shots off to kill the guy.

Hunter is good for getting all 3 elemental ability kills for the 3 swords. Honestly doesn't matter which one. Arc sword is cool for PvP but not OP or anything. Solar and Void rek faces in mid level PvE.

Ken

They're a thing when people are trying to get some stupid part of a certain Exotic quest done lmfao

But Bolt Caster is only kind of viable for PvP because of the fuckin Destructo Disc that it fires. Fortunately for you, Dark Drinker is amaze in PvE for clearing out trash mobs

^ Dead controller had nothing to do w that outcome. 100% chance he would have gotten smashed anyway, even if he got two GG shots off to kill the guy.

Hunter is good for getting all 3 elemental ability kills for the 3 swords. Honestly doesn't matter which one. Arc sword is cool for PvP but not OP or anything. Solar and Void rek faces in mid level PvE.

Thanks. I'll grab DD then.

TheBear

What's the point of legendary marks after your light level is past 280?
Is it just to buy weapons you haven't scored through RNG?

Also, the Gunsmith's exotic apparently is only 280. Should I bother getting it? I'm not getting enough 300+ weapons to justify infusing them into low light weapons

Kyoufu

Also, the Gunsmith's exotic apparently is only 280. Should I bother getting it? I'm not getting enough 300+ weapons to justify infusing them into low light weapons

Need marks for infusion.

Blow them on Y2 blueprints of Y1 Exotics you have yet to acquire. Outside that, just Infusion or buy multiple copies of vendor weapons you like.

GhaleonEB

Charge your goddamn controllers, people.

My controller goes straight to low batter warning the moment I unplug it.

The video was heartbreaking, but the moment I read the headline I knew that was going to be it. Play with your controller plugged in when doing high stakes stuff. Poor guy.

I got 90 minutes, no mic, a baby on my lap. Let's play. I'd like to get some hm gear on my hunter. Any pros want to go through it fast on my behalf?

I can help if we can get a team going. Although I lost my Totems CP earlier when I helped w some Oryx kills.

Infusion, buying good Tower vendor weapons like Dead Orbit scout Hung Jury, buying Year 2 exotics especially Red Death or Bad Juju since they don't drop from engrams or Nightfalls. Otherwise not a whole lot.

I mostly gamble on Cryptarch primary engrams hoping for a god rolled Hawksaw. Which means I quickly convert 135 marks into 3.

Top Bottom