• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

darthbob

Thanks. I'll grab DD then.

It's also the coolest looking one, by far.

3eb5563013.jpg

My controller goes straight to low batter warning the moment I unplug it.

The video was heartbreaking, but the moment I read the headline I knew that was going to be it. Play with your controller plugged in when doing high stakes stuff. Poor guy.

I think you need a new controller.

Also I remember some IB matches when you were just teleporting all over the place, couldn't open doors, etc. When I moved earlier this year I transitioned the PS4 from my big TV with WiFi to a gaming monitor with wired. Much improved although it required a house move before I could rearrange my life to accommodate it.

Ugh, for some reason, GAF trains can make my connection unplayable at times. Maybe it has tobdo with my distance from host. When I solo, it may not be perfect, but is usually tolerable lag. IB is usually an exercise in frustration.

FyreWulff

My controller goes straight to low batter warning the moment I unplug it.

The video was heartbreaking, but the moment I read the headline I knew that was going to be it. Play with your controller plugged in when doing high stakes stuff. Poor guy.

If there's one big letdown of the PS4, it's the controllers. Mine is complete shit after only a year of regular use :/

sidenote: anyone here on PS4 have a NM Oryx checkpoint? My clan did HM up to Oryx last night but we'd prefer not having to run the rest of NM with no drops if we can jump straight to Oryx. Thanks in advance.

GhaleonEB

I think you need a new controller.

The controller that came with the PS4 had the thumb sticks wear out and one trigger is broken. I replaced it with a second controller, and the battery never lasted long and went downhill from there; now it's in the 20 minute range tops.

The 360 controllers lasted years before I had to replace them. My opinion of the PS4 controller build quality is not high. :\

Does anyone have a normal Oryx checkpoint?

would take a daughter checkpoint as well.

We got to Oryx on hard mode last night but we need a little extra boost in LL to take him down, and a lot of people need helmets and we don't want to run the entire raid on normal getting no rewards.

The controller that came with the PS4 had the thumb sticks wear out and one trigger is broken. I replaced it with a second controller, and the battery never lasted long and went downhill from there; now it's in the 20 minute range tops.

The 360 controllers lasted years before I had to replace them. My opinion of the PS4 controller build quality is not high. :
It's weird. I have two young boys, over 500 hours in Destiny and no problems at all with my Dualshock.

I went through three 360 controllers with no kids and way less gaming. I thought the build quality was atrocious.

If there's one big letdown of the PS4, it's the controllers. Mine is complete shit after only a year of regular use :/

I am on my 4th controller. First one had R2 trigger wear out after less than a year and my kids have destroyed 2 others. They get to keep playing with them and I have my own that is stored away from their grubby paws.

The 360 controllers lasted years before I had to replace them. My opinion of the PS4 controller build quality is not high. :\

I had the thumb stick issue on my two launch controllers, but never had anything wrong with the batteries. My new one seems a lot better, although the square button has been a little dodgy lately....

The build quality is not great, I agree.

GhaleonEB

I had the thumb stick issue on my two launch controllers, but never had anything wrong with the batteries. My new one seems a lot better, although the square button has been a little dodgy lately....

The build quality is not great, I agree.

Fortunately, Santa will be bringing a new PS4 controller this year. I asked extra nicely.

What's the point of legendary marks after your light level is past 280?
Is it just to buy weapons you haven't scored through RNG?

Also, the Gunsmith's exotic apparently is only 280. Should I bother getting it? I'm not getting enough 300+ weapons to justify infusing them into low light weapons
Righteous VII, Objection, Hung Jury SR4, Patch-A, the Vanity, the Vertigo

neoism

lol not sure what it is but it seems most of gaf is too RUFF with their controllers... unstable mentioned on his stream during trails he's on his 9th...

��

no sure i got the white ps4 on destiny launch day.. soo my controller is over a year old and its still prefect.. im getting close to 1k hours played on my ps4...
One of the main tricks is to not use the triggers for for shooting you're so bad ....
my ps3 controller is 7 years old lol same thang ... great condition ... shrugs... sucks about your battery issue seems like it was a dud out of the box....

recks

The 360 controllers lasted years before I had to replace them. My opinion of the PS4 controller build quality is not high. :
I highly suggest to swap the batteries and sticks of any DS4, it takes less than 10 minutes and the difference is huge. DS4 sticks are probably the worse ones I've used on my entire life.

sidenote: anyone here on PS4 have a NM Oryx checkpoint? My clan did HM up to Oryx last night but we'd prefer not having to run the rest of NM with no drops if we can jump straight to Oryx. Thanks in advance.

I got it, Fyre.

TyrantII

Battery replace / mod is a very easy fix. Sounds like you unluckily got a junk battery in it.

There's a thread on the gaming side with links to legit 2000mAh batteries that will last 16-18 hours of play. But be warned, it'll go from low battery to off just as fast as the bad battery, just after 17 hours not 30 min.

Afrocious

ran with LT and T44 in my hunter in NF

Got Tread Upon Stars with crowd control and reactive reload

Also got last extremity with triple tap and third eye.

LTWood12

ran with LT and T44 in my hunter in NF

Got Tread Upon Stars with crowd control and reactive reload

Also got last extremity with triple tap and third eye.

I'm so salty. I got my second treads upon stars for the week, and both have fucking "exhumed" on them. Those are some great rolls.

Top Bottom