• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Omnigul for weapon parts? Pls explain.

I've never done it myself but apparently she drops lots of blue engrams while farming her for Grasp drops, and so the WPs add up eventually. Similar to just doing CoO for lots of blues. Personally I'd rather farm WPs with a chance for a Grasp.

shermas

I'm on the boss in the daily, if anyone wants the marks or needs the mission on an Alt. xb1. gt: shermas.

I'll hang out for a few minutes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Omnighul drops at least for me, two blues on each kill. And that adds up since each run should only take a minute or two if you do it correctly. When I got my grasp we had it down. I got nearly 50 weapon parts from almost an hour of kills. Not to mention lots of the majors drops blues too.

Kyoufu

I've never done it myself but apparently she drops lots of blue engrams while farming her for Grasp drops, and so the WPs add up eventually. Similar to just doing CoO for lots of blues. Personally I'd rather farm WPs with a chance for a Grasp.

But that involves doing Omnigul a.k.a. worst Strike in the game. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Do swords make her less painful at least?

PoE drops Year 1 engrams and thus Year 1 weapon parts amounts. I've been using up all my PoE keys and I'm swimming in parts again..

Interesting...

LTWood12

PoE drops Year 1 engrams and thus Year 1 weapon parts amounts. I've been using up all my PoE keys and I'm swimming in parts again..

The enemies drop engrams in PoE? I don't remember enemies ever dropping gear in PoE. Either way, so year 1 content still applies year 1 economy values to dismantling?

Getting some fifty shades of blue balls from the latest One Piece chapter Jesus.

Still not liking pvp. Played the new map for the first time. Cool looking.

To my hard mode Oryx team, I apologize for the untimely disappearance. There was a power cut and my UPS didn't start up. Sorry about this.

Edit - Seems like you already found a replacement. :(

Kyoufu

Getting some fifty shades of blue balls from the latest One Piece chapter Jesus.

Still not liking pvp. Played the new map for the first time. Cool looking.

Some of the new maps are so pro-shotgun that they make me rage inside.

Cathedral of Dusk however is pretty great. More maps like that, Bungie.

Thanks again for the raid run guys, it was fun. Definitely down to do it again next week, and since Oryx dropped a primary for me I can actually use my Spindle next time.

Bungie please let me choose to never join a crucible match in progress.

Hit me up if you're ever looking to do some non-blueberry Crucible. I try to finish the Weekly bounties but there's hardly anyone who still plays PvP so sometimes I don't bother. Just need 2 more wins to be done w/ my Hunter but haven't started my other characters.

I don't enjoy this meta but I still do like Destiny PvP, it's just rough when there's no trains running.

But that involves doing Omnigul a.k.a. worst Strike in the game. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Do swords make her less painful at least?

Interesting...

I mean there's a reason I've never bothered to do it :p The upside is that you kill her and wipe in the hallway before her stupid broom closet so you avoid the worst part of that strike. Honestly I enjoy the first main room when playing it on a low difficulty, just chaining orbs for days. You can kill her really fast with Shadowshot and swords etc.

XenoRaven

I just did Patrol on the Dreadnaught. I like how they made Patrol a lot more dynamic. Battles just start between Taken/Hive and the Cabal, you find items to initiate boss fights or unlock chests, the rune thingy is there. Pretty cool.

Kyoufu

I mean there's a reason I've never bothered to do it :p The upside is that you kill her and wipe in the hallway before her stupid broom closet so you avoid the worst part of that strike. Honestly I enjoy the first main room when playing it on a low difficulty, just chaining orbs for days. You can kill her really fast with Shadowshot and swords etc.

Wait, you kill her in the hallway that she first appears and then she drops loot? And then you wipe and she reappears?!

This may be something I could do this week.

FyreWulff

The enemies drop engrams in PoE? I don't remember enemies ever dropping gear in PoE. Either way, so year 1 content still applies year 1 economy values to dismantling?

they drop predecoded guns (greens) and engrams (blue). Engrams in Destiny are just based off "You killed X amount of enemies", so they can drop anywhere, and PoE is max AI count rooms, so.. yeah!

And yeah, any gun that dropped or is from year 1 only drops year pre-patch gun part amounts - dismantle drops seem to be set as soon as the item is acquired, not at the time of dismantling. Got a ton of weapon parts cleaning my vault of Y1 IB and Crucible drops a couple weeks ago.

I have all the masks. :3

Which PoE do you farm? 28?

yep, i just play the 28. it's also nice since you tend to roll a lot of strange coins at the end too.

Hit me up if you're ever looking to do some non-blueberry Crucible. I try to finish the Weekly bounties but there's hardly anyone who still plays PvP so sometimes I don't bother. Just need 2 more wins to be done w/ my Hunter but haven't started my other characters.

I don't enjoy this meta but I still do like Destiny PvP, it's just rough when there's no trains running.

Definitely will do. Playing with dgaf almost is the only way I can enjoy crucible at levels similar to pre 2.0.

inthrall

I'm always down to do random pvp shiz, but I'l be heading out for the next 3 hours or so, so afterwards I'l give you a hand

Np, you did a great job on your first run! (I'm DrDrizzay101 btw)

Thanks!

Kind of bummed out now, I want to keep playing but the strikes are pretty lame now after doing the raid.

Doing the raid got me up to 297 light too, I'm guessing at this point the raid and Nightfall are the only things that are going to net me anything worthwhile. I'm thinking about starting a new character but the grind back up to 40 is a drag.

Thanks!

Kind of bummed out now, I want to keep playing but the strikes are pretty lame now after doing the raid.

Doing the raid got me up to 297 light too, I'm guessing at this point the raid and Nightfall are the only things that are going to net me anything worthwhile. I'm thinking about starting a new character but the grind back up to 40 is a drag.

If you do make a new character, save your engrams. Once your new character is level 40, transfer your engrams over and highest weapons over equip them, decrypt one at a time and equip the higher level stuff you get before you decrypt the next engram.

I just did Patrol on the Dreadnaught. I like how they made Patrol a lot more dynamic. Battles just start between Taken/Hive and the Cabal, you find items to initiate boss fights or unlock chests, the rune thingy is there. Pretty cool.

I agree, the Dreadnaught Patrol is a huge improvement over year 1 Patrol areas. Lots of variety and secrets to find. Love all the mini-missions and bosses.

The only criticism I would give it is that it suffers from the same problems Patrol has always had. Ghost Towns. Public Events never really lived up to the initial reveal. There are times that you experience a fun fight with lots of random fireteams, but more often than not I have completed Public Events completely solo. Court of Oryx was another cool innovation plagued with the same issue.

Skywatch is the only place where it remotely lives up to its potential and in some cases exceeds it. It's one of the few places to reliably find random people in Patrol and can sometimes have crazy scenarios where you have a Public Event, Taken Invasion and "The enemies move against each other" simultaneously resulting in a huge clusterfuck of awesome. I happened to complete my Earth Warsat Public Event for the Sleeper Simulant quest in the middle of an Urzok raid with a handful of Blueberries while also fighting off the Taken Champion. It was crazy. Wish it was something that could be done elseswhere in the game on a semi-consistent basis.

Top Bottom