• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I might be joining the destiny gaf club since Halo isn't very good again.

So, I wanted to ask.

Are there more halo style maps and objectives in this game? I only played the beta so i don't know most of the maps at all.

I might be joining the destiny gaf club since Halo isn't very good again.

So, I wanted to ask.

Are there more halo style maps and objectives in this game? I only played the beta so i don't know most of the maps at all.

Rift is very much like neutral bomb. FFA is pretty close to how it felt in Halo. There are 26 PvP maps currently in the game, but the TTK playlists are weighted towards the newest 9.

inthrall

<snip>with the added perk of not looking absolutely fucking disgusting.
- Ruin Wake (Crucible Machine gun). Just fantastic.

But ruin wake is uuuugly. I would know

EDIT: First time going 15 kill streak in that salvage game! Guess all that ToO made me better at Bannerfall if nothing else

Rift is very much like neutral bomb. FFA is pretty close to how it felt in Halo. There are 26 PvP maps currently in the game, but the TTK playlists are weighted towards the newest 9.

That sounds pretty good actually.

how many total maps are in the game now? I think I need to study up on the game a lot more lol

ocean

Banned
But ruin wake is uuuugly. I would know
machine gun is the only above average weapon KF drops
But looking at that weapon model for a long time jacks up your risk of developing eye cancer tenfold

RW has a model I like and a paintjob I don't hate, but this is the definition of 100% subjective opinions :p

inthrall

machine gun is the only above average weapon KF drops
But looking at that weapon model for a long time jacks up your risk of developing eye cancer tenfold

RW has a model I like and a paintjob I don't hate, but this is the definition of 100% subjective opinions :p

Pretty much. Mine gets a lot of use since I got the god roll on it, so I've gotten a bit over the bright colours

the_id

The daily story Heroic story today is the vault of glass one which is needed to start the quest for No Time To Explain

I just tried out the Revelator handcannon. it has been gathering dust in the Vault since the TTK came out and I got to say I really enjoyed it.

It had some nice perks on it as well.

sights:
Steady hand/sureshot, quickdraw.
Perk 1: Rangefinder
Perk 2: Snapshot/Braced frame/injection mold, I was using Braced frame.
Perk 3: Luck in the chamber.

Really enjoyed playing with it in the Crucible.

Remember Skyshock?

I don't. :p

Let it remain dead and far away from the good crucible modes.

I played on that map once. A total of one time. I enjoyed sniping on it.

You know what they should do? make those maps into....PoE arenas. Or add a firefight like mode where you fight waves and bosses with actual drops(Unlike PoE where there is no loot during the act.).

Or something.

phen0m24

I played on that map once. A total of one time. I enjoyed sniping on it.

You know what they should do? make those maps into....PoE arenas. Or add a firefight like mode where you fight waves and bosses with actual drops(Unlike PoE where there is no loot during the act.).

Or something.

Or make it a mission where you fight nothing but stealth and taken vandals with wire rifles and you just have a fusion rifle. :p ewwwww

Today is surely the day Bungie finally announces the challenge modes for KF, right?

If they don't address some of the economy issues, like "The Great Weapon Parts Famine of 2015", I don't see how I'll keep playing this game. I'll just do Trials and call it a day, I'm kind of sick of pve stuff.

ocean

Banned
Load up daily PvP. Cool stuff, went 2.16 but it was a good match, no lag and fairly balanced teams skill wise.

I say what the hell. This was fun let me keep doing some Skirmish.

Join match in progress with randos against a team of 3 running their flawless emblems. They were great snipers. It was widow's court.

Randos vs teams is not fun.

noomi

What are good perks for ruin wake?

The default vendor rolls are actually pretty good.

Anything that gives you extra range and doesn't take down stability too much is great. Also, hidden hand, crowd control, and rangefinder are good perks as well.

Agent

Ugh, finished the Mat farming for Exotic Sword quest. Never againm 2 hours of mindless grind. Why Bungie!

First sword? Now you can do it two more times. :)

I did it for the third and final time this weekend. I was never more happy to get something done in this game. It wasn't terrible, just no fun at all. Thankfully the ghosts with material detectors were added.

First sword? Now you can do it two more times. :)

I did it for the third and final time this weekend. I was never more happy to get something done in this game. It wasn't terrible, just no fun at all. Thankfully the ghosts with material detectors were added.

First one, I am way behind schedule, mainly because it took a month to get Crucible sword kills from casually doing a few dailies per week.

First one, I am way behind schedule, mainly because it took a month to get Crucible sword kills from casually doing a few dailies per week.

Go to Mayhem Clash -> Get heavy ammo -> Hide till all the RL dudes blow their load -> Find isolated skirmishes -> Clean up -> Run away. Rinse, repeat.

It's even easier as a Bladedancer specced for max. invisibility coz you can stay invisibile and out of sight till you can find a favourable engagement.

Basically, you gotta be a sneaky, dirty, do-whatever-it-takes guardian. :D

ocean

Banned
You only have to do that step once.

Have your other 2 characters get the other 2 swords.

Once you have them, transfer them via the Vault to the character who already finished the Exotic Sword quest steps.

Infuse the Swords until you open up the last upgrade bubble and upgrade them. This will trigger the Exotic quest at Shaxx.

Since Shaxx acknowledges you already did the PvP kills and stuff on this character he'll give you the 2 new Exotic Questa starting at the "ability kills + farm materials" step.

Recall

So what exactly do I do with Passage Coins? Everyone mentions trials but I have no idea those even are? Do you need a fire team first??

noomi

So what exactly do I do with Passage Coins? Everyone mentions trials but I have no idea those even are? Do you need a fire team first??

Passage coins are used to buy "boons" for trials.

When you get a new trials ticket, if you go into your inventory and hit the details button over it, you will see 3 boons that you can purchase.

- Start with a win
- Winning a game counts as 2 wins
- Forgive a loss

Each one of these boons costs 3 passage coins

297 Ghost Shell from Shaxx's bounties. Why?

Also, is it just me, or has the general community gotten worse in PvP? Every match I am getting teabagged and danced on these days. People are dumb.

Meanwhile, 3oC won't stop giving me weapon engrams.

Bungie needs to open up 320 exotics. Don't want anymore 310 crap =P

by7orWt.jpg

ocean

Banned
When you play Crucible you'll often get them in your end screen rewards. I believe you'll get some guaranteed from the Daily PvP mode but I'm not sure.

Anyways, these are basically the currency used for Trials of Osiris help packs. Once you buy a Trials passage (from Brother Vance in the Reef) for 100 Glimmer, you'll see it in the bottom left of your inventory screen (below your other consumables).

Hovering over your Trials Passage will tell you what your progress is. Each yellow dot means a win on the card, while each red dot is a loss. A Trials passage is "completed" when you reach 9 wins or 3 losses - whatever comes first.

The goal of Trials of Osiris is getting as many wins as possible on a single Passage. If you reach 5 wins, you'll get a guaranteed armor piece with random perks and random Light between 300 and 310. Last week, it was Boots. This weekend, who knows!

If you reach 7 wins before being disqualified (meaning win 7 before you lose 3), you get a guaranteed weapon with solid perks (and a single perk being random) and random Light between 300 and 310. Last week it was a full auto Scout rifle.

The last tier of Trials reward comes from going "Flawless", meaning 9 wins on the passage without a single loss. This takes you to a new destination on your game map called The Lighthouse, in Mercury. It's a small place but looks cool. Going there entitles you to a special emblem and a guaranteed Primary Weapon between 310 and 320 Light.

This is what Passage Coins are for. *Before starting any games* on your new Passage, you can inspect it. Once there, you'll see the option to buy 3 boosts using Passage Coins.

One of them, called Mercy, "forgives" one loss in the passage. This means if you lose a match, your Trials passage will still not have any red dots - you're still Flawless.

Another "boost" makes you begin your Passage with 1 win. The other one makes your first win count for 2.

Buying all of these makes reaching rewards a lot easier. Let's say your goal is getting the armor from 5 wins.

With no Boons, you'd need to actually win 5 times without having lost 3 times before then. Buying all the boons, you started with a win and your first one counted for 2. Meaning if you win your first match, your Passage will have 3 wins already. And Mercy gives you an extra free loss, further boosting your chances to progress!

It lets you reach Lighthouse by winning 7 times and with the possibility of having lost once (Mercy forgives a loss!). 7-1 is a lot easier than 9-0.

Deku Tree

So the HDMI board on my 3 year old Panasonic 50" plasma died last night in the middle of a Raid.
Not sure if I should replace it or just buy a new TV.

What are good TVs on which to play Destiny? Any recommendations?

Nuszka

Meanwhile, 3oC won't stop giving me weapon engrams.

Bungie needs to open up 320 exotics. Don't want anymore 310 crap =P

Pretty sure if they allow us to get 320 exotics, all the engrams we keep in our vaults will still decrypt into 310. Its been like that before, why would it be different now.

Top Bottom