• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

noomi

So the HDMI board on my 3 year old Panasonic 50" plasma died last night in the middle of a Raid.
Not sure if I should replace it or just buy a new TV.

What are good TVs on which to play Destiny? Any recommendations?

Come to the dark side, play on a PC Monitor :D

Pro's: Low Input Lag from Controller to Screen
Cons: Smaller Screen

Pretty sure if they allow us to get 320 exotics, all the engrams we keep in our vaults will still decrypt into 310. Its been like that before, why would it be different now.

Interesting point.

- MandrakeUK goes and jumps off a bridge due to having 27 exotics engrams in his vault.

lol

Pretty sure if they allow us to get 320 exotics, all the engrams we keep in our vaults will still decrypt into 310. Its been like that before, why would it be different now.
That's a possibility. But before those engrams changed due to a new expansion and completely new loot pool.

This would be just increasing the possible LL which may be different. Who knows.

Decrypting at 310 does me no good so I'm holding onto them just in case.

ocean

Banned
It hasn't been like that. Engram quality is decided by your Light at the moment you decrypt, not at the moment you pick it up.

This is why you can pick an Engram up on a low level alt and give it to your 311+ main for a guaranteed 310 piece.

What you might be confused by is the actual loot table. A HoW Engram can only give HoW gear. Saving Exotic engrams from TTK would not ever result in "new" exotics from a future content update.

But Light increases should still be fair game. 310-320 Exotics are already in the game and can be obtained from Trials. If, later, normal Exotic engrams can decrypt at 320 (for example, by decrypting them once you're 320 or something) having them saved up should work without an issue even if they're "old".

Bungie keeps changing the rules for everything all the time though so who knows

destiny_dancee9k9q.gif
atleast someone at Sony understand the important aspect of the emotes..

Nuszka

having them saved up should work without an issue even if they're "old".

Bungie keeps changing the rules for everything all the time though so who knows

Hope you are right , i really do. But with the current state of the way we progress when it comes to light level it would only make "sense" from Bungies perspective that old engrams decrypt only to 310. It will just force us to grind even more and thats what we are doing for a while now, so it seems like we are ok with it. lol

Mupod

I need to just start turning off my PS4 at 10:30 or something. This game is ruining any chances I get of a decent night's rest, I always get caught up in 'something' that I can't leave.

At least I'm completely done with the raid this week. I'll probably just run my nightfalls tonight and give it a rest.

Also it's amazing that despite fighting HM Oryx roughly a million times, this game still finds new ways to be completely unfair and bullshit. Last night I had two things I'd never seen before.

- if I was on the 'runner' platform, Oryx would ignore everyone else and ONLY shoot me. Normally he aims at the runner or the people up top. Survival was completely impossible even with no adds around, didn't matter where I stood on the platform. When I moved to the third platform in the cycle I had no problems at all, hell I was killing both knights on my side almost every time. Never even needed my self rez.

- Character randomly fell over dead to misadventure as the 'shade' phase was transitioning out. The really fucking stupid thing is that it disabled my self rez for whatever reason. Up until this point it was our only perfect run and we should have easily beaten it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So the HDMI board on my 3 year old Panasonic 50" plasma died last night in the middle of a Raid.

I'm playing on PC mode through my LED now but I really enjoy playing on my Asus VG248QE monitor.

I've now killed the Warpriest over 13 times and have never received a single normal mode drop from him. At least he's been generous with the hard drops.

goomba stomper

Neo Member

I just had to replace an old Samsung not too long ago and spent quite a bit of time researching TVs before deciding on going with a Vizio E-series 55". I've been super happy with it and it can be had for $568 pre-tax at Sam's Club (I price matched at Best Buy)

GorillaJu

Big fan of Sony's Bravia 40-42 inch range. Fantastic bang for your buck.

Shito

Big fan of Sony's Bravia 40-42 inch range. Fantastic bang for your buck.
I have one of those as well, and can vouch for this. The good Bravia models can have a crazy low input lag.
Bought this one some 2 years ago and I absolutely love it, both for gaming and watching movies (need to change the settings , but since it remembers them by HDMI input, you only need to do it once): https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-w90-kdl-40w905a-3d-led-lcd-tv-review.434

noomi

4 Grasps yesterday .. All 4 not very good rolls .. On the bright side over 250 weapons parts in about 2 hours

Wait... Wat? How? I need parts!

Seriously. Omnigul farm is the best way to get weapon parts at the moment. You can kill her every minute or so if done right, and she always drops blues.

I use both. I use my 50" TV for raids, and my PC monitor for PvP.

I use a Samsung LED TV. It looks amazimg.

And a LG 1080p monitor.

I have a Sammy LED that i would always plays Destiny on, the input lag was unbearable for me though. I started playing in my office on a 24" BenQ Gaming monitor with 1ms input lag, and never looked back.

Sometimes I do miss the comfy couch though :(

Hawksaw (Crucible Pulse rifle). The preferred choice in PvP of most competitive players right now, great stock roll. .

It's definitely the competitive weapon of choice based on all the Armsday Tourney streams I've seen. Basically 5 of the 6 players will be using it with one weirdo repping Hawkmoon or TLW. I've never gotten a god roll but I did infuse my best one up to 310 yesterday.

But the vendor roll is not so good: High Caliber Rounds - Secret Round - and I think Small bore. Some people really like the HCR stagger effect but I still imagine you want a range/stability perk in there. Secret round is a garbage perk that lowers your RoF when that slot can have lots of value like Counterbalance, Headseeker, or Full Auto. And a better stability perk like Hand Laid would be needed at the end.

Today is surely the day Bungie finally announces the challenge modes for KF, right?

Today is probably not the day I'm guessing. Luke said they were several weeks away and that was... less than a week ago? I think? Of course they could vaguely hype them in the BWU (and I really hope they do) but actual new content is still a ways off.

I got my Jade from a primary exotic engram...

Haha yeah I know it's possible, I just don't have one and was joking about the fact that I haven't seen a primary exotic engram drop since before HM KF.

Btw Unstable said he isn't doing Trials this week. Haven't talked to Wicked yet but I didn't know what your schedule/plan was this week. I'm open to anything. I can run whenever with whomever, just wanted to mention it.

The daily story Heroic story today is the vault of glass one which is needed to start the quest for No Time To Explain
Thanks for the heads up. I managed to knock it out with a couple of the100 randoms. That last fight is fun.

I turned in the dead ghost to FWC. Is something else supposed to happen now or is the next step time-gated?

Thanks for the heads up. I managed to knock it out with a couple of the100 randoms. That last fight is fun.

I turned in the dead ghost to FWC. Is something else supposed to happen now or is the next step time-gated?

Gotta wait for the next time this mission is the Daily. FWC vendor lady will have the NTtE quest line for you which you can then complete at your leisure to get the weapon.

Seriously. Omnigul farm is the best way to get weapon parts at the moment. You can kill her every minute or so if done right, and she always drops blues.

I have a Sammy LED that i would always plays Destiny on, the input lag was unbearable for me though. I started playing in my office on a 24" BenQ Gaming monitor with 1ms input lag, and never looked back.

Mine is actually really good regarding input lag. The gaming mode on it makes it nonexistent. I really don't notice a difference between my monitor and my TV.

The only reason I really use my PC monitor is because I use a my KB&M for PvP.

Rubenov

Btw Unstable said he isn't doing Trials this week. Haven't talked to Wicked yet but I didn't know what your schedule/plan was this week. I'm open to anything. I can run whenever with whomever, just wanted to mention it.

All right, I'm down to running it with you guys. Right now I can be on at 430pm EST; will let you know if I can get on at an earlier time.

I need to just start turning off my PS4 at 10:30 or something. This game is ruining any chances I get of a decent night's rest, I always get caught up in 'something' that I can't leave.

Hit the bricks when you gotta. It's not a big deal to leave. What are you gonna find? A piece of armour with one more light and a hand cannon? Appreciate you staying but remember someone in another time zone could have jumped in and everyones' sleep schedules could have remained intact.

SeanR1221

So do you just run the entire strike? Or do you kills yourself when you kill her?

So do you just run the entire strike? Or do you kills yourself when you kill her?

Run strike up til the long hallway where she appears before she flys up the hill.. Tether her and lay in to her with swords/hammers/shotguns etc and kill her there. Then let adds kill you

You will then spawn outside the door you have to scan to enter that part of the strike.. Rinse repeat.

LTWood12

Every special engram I've ever had drop save for one has been invective. The one was a 4th Horseman. I've probably rolled 7 of them.

Mine is actually really good regarding input lag. The gaming mode on it makes it nonexistent. I really don't notice a difference between my monitor and my TV.

The only reason I really use my PC monitor is because I use a my KB&M for PvP.

KB&M for Destiny? How does that work? I've heard such things were possible but never knew details. How does it compare to a controller? I feel like this would be frowned upon but I don't know if it's really a distinct advantage.

All right, I'm down to running it with you guys. Right now I can be on at 430pm EST; will let you know if I can get on at an earlier time.

Sounds good. I'll shoot Wicked a PSN message and see what he wants to do. His Gaf account was approved but I haven't seen him post yet...

Top Bottom