• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Afrocious

Could be it, I do blitz through strikes very quickly and easily. I guess timing is important then between runs.

I'll try the Draksis mission idea and do one run every hour or so and see if that works. Thanks for the tip!

Personally, I gave up farming 3oCs. I was either too fast with them or I'd get too bored.

I instead pop a 3oC any time I'm killing an Ultra doing normal things. I've gotten lots a rewards like that.

GhaleonEB

I'm in the tower with audio loaded, but a black screen. Been here five minutes now. I can go into the menu and everything. It's kind of weird.

I think I saw the same post. PvP really brings out the best and the worst in a community.

The Lighthouse was never a guarantee for me either in HoW. Sure, some runs were easier than others, but it was rare that I made it to Mercury with all three characters every weekend. Once yes, but all three? Not that often.

This post perfectly sums up what a lot of people are feeling about Trials. It's hard to swallow that there's something in a game you love that you might never be able to do.

I'm going to try again this weekend and try to be positive about the new meta. At least in Pre 2.0 I was having fun. It was exciting to shoot the Last Word. It was thrilling to use the Hawkmoon and have that lucky shot proc at the right moment. Yes, everyone had god rolls, but I did too and that made me feel like I was on even ground.

I played with GAFFers in Year 1 and some runs went badly, others better. I played a card with Slammin and Xplicit1 where we had a 6 win streak, which felt great, considering how we'd never played together before.

Well the good news for you is that there is nothing on Mars worth making the trip for.

You can grind out the bounties in 10 matches and get better gear.

Mercury for me isn't about the loot, which is why bounties is are fine, but not a substitute. The journey to Mercury is the reward and Mercury itself is the reward.

The soft jangling of metal bells. The solar winds whipping through Vex structures. The place is magical. Getting there is magical.

Afrocious

Must be nice to have friends that play stuff other than FIFA

Eh, it was nice two years ago.

Now my pal is in law school and pretends he's broke despite getting parking tickets costing 75 bucks when he could've bought a PS4 with better decision making.

He plays Destiny on the PS3, which ticks me off honestly. We did the Destiny Beta together on PS3 and we rocked. Prior to that, he and I were pretty good at Uncharted 2 and 3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Believe so. 20%-25%
That would be worth it. I'll confirm it's working now and post the code/total for others who might be in my position.
This is going to be Bungie's biggest test for retaining a population. If Destiny can survive Halo 5, Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4, then it can survive anything.
my instinct is that they barely care about any of this and it's probably something of a relief to them that they don't have a new release in direct competition this holiday season. Destiny doesn't have a subscription fee and there's nothing about Silver store that makes it a constant revenue stream yet. they probably count on huge swaths of players taking breaks when big releases have just come out and nothing's-going-on-in-Destiny at the same time, then coming back when the situation is reversed. and they're probably right.

Before the year is over, I expect:

Y2 Gjallarhorn?

7sVZcwG.jpg

E92 M3

That would be worth it. I'll confirm it's working now and post the code/total for others who might be in my position.

my instinct is that they barely care about any of this and it's probably something of a relief to them that they don't have a new release in direct competition this holiday season. Destiny doesn't have a subscription fee and there's nothing about Silver store that makes it a constant revenue stream yet. they probably count on huge swaths of players taking breaks when big releases have just come out and nothing's-going-on-in-Destiny at the same time, then coming back when the situation is reversed. and they're probably right.

We'll see. Sustaining the population is their number one concern though. Destiny would be a horrible experience with a low population.

That is my guess. Either way, Bungie needs to go back to making player friendly changes.

Nuszka

Uk time here , for the past hour i could not get a game in crucible where more then half of players were yellow or red, i usually do some pvp before i go to work. Whats going on right now is beyond ridiculous.

LTWood12

My big thing about PvP is that I find it kinda boring, which is weird since there's space magic and stuff. I think it's because my friend who I played hundred of hours of PvP in other games doesn't have a PS4 and I haven't really found anyone to mesh with yet like that in this game.

I mean, I have a regular group of folks I do my reset raids with, but outside of that - nothing else. I have no one to laugh with or get mad with or anything :/. And when folks do get mad at Destiny for whatever reason, it's not fun because I feel these people cross the line taking the game far seriously than it should be taken.

Though I will admit, when folks get mad at this game, it's pretty tame compared to how I get at times - but I've been through anger management and stuff so

Yeah it's never quite as fun when I can't use my mic and playing w/ DGAF. Last night would have been much more hilarious if we could have made fun of T-44s laggy ass play in the nightfall. I looked up his K/D for that last run, and it was like 3.0 lol.

Strider

Before the year is over, I expect:

- "New" Exotic armor we already know about and have seen footage of will be made available

This is the absolute most disappointing and annoying thing about Y2 for me. Can't believe they advertised TTK exotics only to time-gate them. So shit.

j-wood

Killed Oryx for the first time last night! Raid was awesome, and I think I had a really good haul.

I got 309 gloves, and a 310 ghost shell. I also got the anguish of drystan auto rifle from oryx at 302. Is that thing any good or is it just infusion fodder?

The best part is I did the nightfall after the raid and got a 307 ghost shell! Up to 299 light.

Uk time here , for the past hour i could not get a game in crucible where more then half of players were yellow or red, i usually do some pvp before i go to work. Whats going on right now is beyond ridiculous.

The feel of shooting someone, meleeing them twice then getting shotgunned 5s later and teabagged 10s later

Afrocious

Yeah it's never quite as fun when I can't use my mic and playing w/ DGAF. Last night would have been much more hilarious if we could have made fun of T-44s laggy ass play in the nightfall. I looked up his K/D for that last run, and it was like 3.0 lol.

3 K/D on a Vita? holy shit lmao

GutZ31

His potato internet is only partly responsible for the K/D ratio.

The feel of shooting someone, meleeing them twice then getting shotgunned 5s later and teabagged 10s later

I had a control match where everyone on my team was killed by an invisible storm caller.
When my death cam came up, it showed the guy on the other side of the map standing still, but his electricity was still killing people on my side of the map.
GG bungie.

Number45

Is it feasible for someone to do the ghost daily solo? I've struggled a little to stay alive the last couple of times - during which parts of the mission can't I die?

I guess I'm the perfect player for Bungie. I don't see anything taking my time away from Destiny until The Division comes out. Fallout is great in atmosphere and design but what I've learned about myself and Bethesda games is that I get sidetracked by all the optional quests and exploring and never finish the storyline and eventually burn out. CoD feels like molasses compared to Destiny, so no BO3 or 4 or whatever for me either. Never got into Halo and I don't have an Xbox so that was never a thing for me.

Is it feasible for someone to do the ghost daily solo? I've struggled a little to stay alive the last couple of times - during which parts of the mission can't I die?

If you're talking about the mission that takes you into VoG, you can't die in any Darkness Zone. Everywhere else, it's fine.

I had a control match where everyone on my team was killed by an invisible storm caller.
When my death cam came up, it showed the guy on the other side of the map standing still, but his electricity was still killing people on my side of the map.
GG bungie.

He simply had more Midochlorians than other Warlocks.

Shito

So everyone going on about Hung Jury. I've saved up the marks so should I get one? Would use alongside the Black Spindle. It comes with Firefly, Hand Laid Stock and Tripletap.
Yep, but use extended mag instead of hand laid stock: you need max stability on a slow firing scout rifle, and those ammos will be put to better use with triple tap. :)

ethomaz

Banned
I did solo.

They only part I died a little was in the first jump to get into the room to the secret path to find the firs ghost lol

After that I finished it without any trouble.

I can't say I didn't die because the last jump part I died but you know I'm the Warlock Master Race Solo Machine... dies doesn't matter for me (only if I'm choose to be the Warpriest buff guy... fuck bug Bungie).

Every special engram I've ever had drop save for one has been invective. The one was a 4th Horseman. I've probably rolled 7 of them.
so it's not just me? sorry, but misery loves company. :/
my one was The Hereafter.
at least i got a 310 invective one time.
My last Hard raid I pulled an invective out of the piston chest. Then my exotic engram I already had from golgy turned into Invective!
But yea, 9/10 turned into invective and I think I had 1 turn into Hereafter.
we're hereafter bros! ;-)

Number45

I guess I'm the perfect player for Bungie. I don't see anything taking my time away from Destiny until The Division comes out. Fallout is great in atmosphere and design but what I've learned about myself and Bethesda games is that I get sidetracked by all the optional quests and exploring and never finish the storyline and eventually burn out. CoD feels like molasses compared to Destiny, so no BO3 or 4 or whatever for me either. Never got into Halo and I don't have an Xbox so that was never a thing for me.
Pretty much me, except there's literally nothing on the horizon I can see pulling me away. FO4 I'll consider when I know the PS4 version is solid and a GOTY edition exists.

If you're talking about the mission that takes you into VoG, you can't die in any Darkness Zone. Everywhere else, it's fine.
Yikes. Those two combat arenas have not been kind to me previously.

I can't say I didn't die because the last jump part I died but you know I'm the Warlock Master Race Solo Machine... dies doesn't matter for me.
Self-res gets you out of jail? Lucky you! :'(

so it's not just me? sorry, but misery loves company. :/
my one was The Hereafter.
at least i got a 310 invective one time.
I think I've had one Invective, one 4th Horseman, one Telesto (yay!) and about 10 Hereafter. I typically only have two special weapons on me at any one time - the Telesto and my vendor bought 1000-Yard Stare.

This is the absolute most disappointing and annoying thing about Y2 for me. Can't believe they advertised TTK exotics only to time-gate them. So shit.

Yup. Who would have thought an expansion would shrink a game instead of making it bigger.

Bungie really needs to do away with the, "You will play the new thing and you will enjoy it" idea too when it comes to new strikes and maps too. First it was everything was Omnigul, then Taniks now the entire strike pool which took a year to accumulate is one of 3 or 4 options. We only have 6-ish pvp maps effectively despite there being about 26 dang maps now. New things are nice, don't make them old things by beating people over the head with them.

ethomaz

Banned
Self-res gets you out of jail? Lucky you! :'(
You can die... you only can't restart getting the dead screen.
If you have another guy to help you can die until pass the parts because he will stay alive... just both of you can't die at the same time.

PS. When I died in the last jump part and used my self-res I waited 4 minutes to get the super again to try the jump lol

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yep, but use extended mag instead of hand laid stock: you need max stability on a slow firing scout rifle, and those ammos will be put to better use with triple tap. :)

Thanks. Just took it for a run on the Dreadnaught. I really like it. I'll have to try it out later in the raid.

Strider

Anyone here getting Black Ops 3?

C'mon... tell the truth

When it comes to CoD Treyarch is far and away the best dev IMO.

I liked BO1, BO2 and the BO3 beta but haven't been that hype for it for whatever reason... But now all the sudden I'm hovering over the preorder button on PSN :p Can't decide if I should buy it. Already Have Destiny, Halo 5, and am looking forward to Overwatch when it comes to fps. Do I really need another...

Anyone here getting Black Ops 3?

C'mon... tell the truth

Going to probably get it to run through the single player on veteran difficulty, finish it in 5/6 hours or so(going by previous campaign lengths) and trade it back in towards Battlefront. After the beta I'm not interested in the multiplayer.

Killed Oryx for the first time last night! Raid was awesome, and I think I had a really good haul.

I got 309 gloves, and a 310 ghost shell. I also got the anguish of drystan auto rifle from oryx at 302. Is that thing any good or is it just infusion fodder?

The best part is I did the nightfall after the raid and got a 307 ghost shell! Up to 299 light.
infusion food. Your gun might get cardiovascular issues and no longer fire correctly since the raid AR is bad

I did solo.

They only part I died a little was in the first jump to get into the room to the secret path to find the firs ghost lol

After that I finished it without any trouble.

I can't say I didn't die because the last jump part I died but you know I'm the Warlock Master Race Solo Machine... dies doesn't matter for me (only if I'm choose to be the Warpriest buff guy... fuck bug Bungie).

I solo'd it on my hunter, but only because I someone jumped out of the darkness zone after the first ghost because I had no idea how to get the %&$* out of there. Died and respawned up top.

Top Bottom