• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Afrocious

Someone take a look at these four scout rifles I have. Trying to get rid of junk as my armory's getting cluttered. Which of these should I keep and which should I trash? I appreciate any and all thoughts. EDIT: Wow these imgs are bigger than I thought. Sorry! Gonna list the perks. Should I list the scopes too?

vFILiw9.png

Row 1: Perfect Balance, Oiled Frame
Row 2: Rangefinder
Row 3: Lightweight, Hand-Laid Stock

M6NQfof.png

Row 1: Triple Tap
Row 2: Lightweight, Feather Mag
Row 3: Third Eye, Eye of the Storm

fE2Nlq3.png

Row 1: Triple Tap
Row 2: Armor Piercing Rounds, Custom Optics, Mutiny
Row 3: Grenadier

1k3HYxm.png

Row 1: Crowd Control
Row 2: Perfect balance, Oiled Frame, Will of Light
Row 3: Reactive Reload

vctor182

I expect nothing
-Trials "info" (Hope you're enjoying the new harder trials!)
-Challenge is coming soon and more info in next week's BWU
-Don't worry, we're still working out fix for Quiver and looking at Sunbreakers

-collecting info for next weapon tuning but no date set
-reminder of Halloween event ending and urges to do michael transactions

neoism

My PC can't handle it. Also, I expect it to not be as bad as FO3 on PS3 since PS4 uses more PC-friendly architecture.

fo3 and skyrim sucked on ps3 because of the shit low ram.. lol i mean ps3 only had 256mb ram... i to am getting it on ps4 i would love to get it on pc but mine is really old.. ive heard it runs great on all consoles...so not much worry there...

Someone take a look at these four scout rifles I have. Trying to get rid of junk as my armory's getting cluttered. Which of these should I keep and which should I trash? I appreciate any and all thoughts. EDIT: Wow these imgs are bigger than I thought. Sorry!
I'd start by dumping Last Extremity and the first Treads Upon Stars

Mupod

Hit the bricks when you gotta. It's not a big deal to leave. What are you gonna find? A piece of armour with one more light and a hand cannon? Appreciate you staying but remember someone in another time zone could have jumped in and everyones' sleep schedules could have remained intact.

it's more that I just get real mad at wiping because of stupid shit and I can't sleep until it's dead. A while back I tried cutting myself off at 11:45 but I was so pissed off I just logged back in and rejoined, then we killed it.

I got the Invective through an engram last night. It's nice in PVE, but I'm not sure about it's use in The Crucible. I'm not really a shotgunner, so that could be my issue. I really like the look of it, though.

that thing was EVERYWHERE in trials. People may have been sleeping on it, or maybe it was getting use because of the ammo regen.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This is going to be Bungie's biggest test for retaining a population. If Destiny can survive Halo 5, Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4, then it can survive anything.
It already survived Halo 5 IMO. Fallout 4 is an SP game so people should be back, but Blops 3 is the real test.

neoism

I am only just now learning about remapping controller layout on PS4
facepalm.gif

This is gamechanging. I can have jump on L1 without using melee on R3 now...

yeap greatest thang ever.. i really dont think many ppl know about. I fucking looooove sprint on R3... the sprint cooldown isnt really there and you dont have to press up on the stick and press down like on L3... it save my L3 button lol... my R2 is meele..:p

Bogeypop

So for anyone interested, SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING does work at GMG for 20% off pre-purchasing Fallout 4. $11.99 off, and there was no tax for me for a total of exactly $48.00, which feels much more like what I should be paying for a PC game.

This is the first Fallout game I'll be playing at all around launch since Tactics. In big open-world games with lots of customization I tend to get so overwhelmed and sidetracked that I spend hundreds of hours in-game and never beat (or even barely progress) the story. I'm hoping I can manage to incentivize myself to play through it somehow this time. I think I just saw Jest say something almost identical, lol. But it should be fun either way.

Nice shill there, Hawkian, is Todd Howard funding your Guild Wars 2 expansions!? Inb4 Hawk companion for Fallout 4!
That's a pretty good deal

Laughlin

Anyone down for a fresh Hard Mode King's Fall run on Xbox One tonight?

HM King's Fall
Xbox One
6:00PM EST

1. flkRaven
2. flkRaven's friend
3. flkRaven's friend

post here, pm me, or add GT: flkRaven on Xbox and message me there!

I won't be home until 6:40 your time, but I'd love to join in then.

I was going to play Fallout 3 before Fallout 4 released, in October. But Destiny.

I'm getting Fallout 4 and I guess I'll just have to skip Fallout 3 and New Vegas and try F4. I'm tired of being behind on all these games but at least there's nothing that transfers or continuation of a story so this isn't nearly as bad.

deadduck

Someone take a look at these four scout rifles I have. Trying to get rid of junk as my armory's getting cluttered. Which of these should I keep and which should I trash? I appreciate any and all thoughts

1k3HYxm.png

I really like this. Reactive reload is very underrated, esp with crowd control.

HM King's Fall
Xbox One

1. flkRaven
2. flkRaven's friend
3. flkRaven's friend

I'm game. I'll try to get a Totems CP

StMeph

Hit 36 last night. probably 40 tonight. Have mostly been playing Voidwalker, but also just started leveling Stormcaller. Need to level Sunsinger for end-game content, it seems.

Doing more research about the post-game now, and it seems like I missed out on Zhalo Supercell last week, which means I'm probably going for Bad Juju... which means just doing Bounties and hope to get lucky for a Missive? Ugh. Then Tlaloc for Sunsinger, but I can't grind Gunsmith rep for another 2 levels anyway.

LTWood12

Someone take a look at these four scout rifles I have. Trying to get rid of junk as my armory's getting cluttered. Which of these should I keep and which should I trash? I appreciate any and all thoughts. EDIT: Wow these imgs are bigger than I thought. Sorry! Gonna list the perks. Should I list the scopes too?

1k3HYxm.png

This one is pretty freaking great dude.

ocean

Banned
Rifled Barrel is generally ideal though I really love my Byronic Hero with explosive rounds. I have found Rangefinder can compensate for lacking Rifled Barrel to some extent too. I've actually never had a gun with both yet
Trials HC has both but it demands a hefty Stability tradeoff. I inspected mine to show you just how high big the tradeoff is. Look at those super long green / red bars in the comparison :p

CWnGk5I.jpg

OK, I don't believe the loot system is 100% random. It has to be manipulated somehow. My drops in HM are too strange for that to be the case.

First week of HM I got 2 pairs of Harrowed boots for both my characters from Golgoroth, at 316 and 314. I also got 2 Ghosts from Totems, at 317 and 316, but no special.

Second week, no HM drops from Golgoroth on both characters, but I got 2 Warlock bonds at 314 from Daughters, and 2 NM PR from Oryx.

This week I got 2 Harrowed gauntlets at 314 and 316 from Golgoroth, 2 Ghosts from Totems and 4 (yes, 4) Warlock bonds from Daughters, 3 at 313 and 1 at 311.

The repetition of certain elements on both my characters each week makes me think it's not fully random. I could accept one or 2 occurrences of repetition, but this seems too much for a fully random system.

Either that or I've got some weird luck hardcoded into my life.

Main at 315 and alt at 312 currently. Aside from HM raid I don't feel like playing much Destiny anymore. Only logged in yesterday for a bit of inventory management...

Trials HC has both but it demands a hefty Stability tradeoff. I inspected mine to show you just how high big the tradeoff is. Look at those super long green / red bars in the comparison :p

CWnGk5I.jpg

Range is more important on HC's though as you need that damage and accuracy to make your shots count. They're still niche and harder to work with than other weapons but getting a well balanced RoF to Impact ratio with good range makes HCs viable to players who've grown accustomed to the playstyle.

flkraven

I won't be home until 6:40 your time, but I'd love to join in then.

I'd really prefer to start at 6 since I have another HM run with our guild just after 8. However, I will definitely add you as an alternate.

I'm game. I'll try to get a Totems CP

Sounds great (pretty sure I already have you on xbl)! Updated:

HM King's Fall
Xbox One

1. flkRaven
2. flkRaven's friend
3. flkRaven's friend
4. xplicitone

Alt 1: Laughlin (6:40PM)

ethomaz

Banned

CWnGk5I.jpg
The base stability is 45 (close to half bar).
What you showed is the difference between Rifled Barrel and Hand-Laid Stock... the first removes stability and the second increases.

ocean

Banned
The base stability is 45 (close to half bar).
What you showed is the difference between Rifled Barrel and Hand-Laid Stock... the first removes stability and the second increases.
Yeah! I was just showing that you can have rangefinder and Rifled on it but it's a big tradeoff

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah! I was just showing that you can have rangefinder and Rifled on it but it's a big tradeoff
I agree for a HC but it is perfect for a shotgun :)

dyZUc63.png

I still need to get a better roll in ballistics and this 3rd perk (Performance Bonus shit).

Mindlog

Predictions on the BWU?
"Our numbers show that most players haven't been affected by the weapon parts adjustment, but we want to make sure that all of our players have access to the resources they need."

The real PR speak that's so transparent it's just irritating and you don't understand who the speaker/writer is trying to placate.

All this just intensifies my hope that they undo some of the damage done to Handcannons in the November patch.

They won't... and I hate them for it. Handcannon Space Magic is life.

I know this is stupid but I really wish they would have just made Thorn a better PVE weapon or removed it from PVP completely. I love PVE and Thorn would have been bad ass for all sorts of boss battles.

lt519

Forget shotguns, I'm just waiting for them to be nerfed or FR to get re-buffed then this baby is coming back out. I absolutely refuse to shard it, we've been through a lot together.

YrPRXmh.png

Yah, I was thinking about this the other day. I really miss using FR in PvP. When I first started Destiny it was my go-to PvP weapon, and now it's outclassed in that slot by nearly everything else.

The one shot across map snipe kills were a little ridiculous, but it was certainly a lot of fun (;

flkraven

Forget shotguns, I'm just waiting for them to be nerfed or FR to get re-buffed then this baby is coming back out:

YrPRXmh.png

Yah, I was thinking about this the other day. I really miss using FR in PvP. When I first started Destiny it was my go-to PvP weapon, and now it's outclassed in that slot by nearly everything else.

ethomaz

Banned
Forget shotguns, I'm just waiting for them to be nerfed or FR to get re-buffed then this baby is coming back out. I absolutely refuse to shard it, we've been through a lot together.

YrPRXmh.png
Pocket Infinity before super nerf was the best thing in the Crucible.
It was like a mini Stormcaller super lol

Hey but nothing beats the Vex Mito :D

LTWood12

Unpopular opinion, but I think shotguns are absolutely fine how they are now. They just need to make the other weapons MORE powerful.

They won't... and I hate them for it. Handcannon Space Magic is life.

I know this is stupid but I really wish they would have just made Thorn a better PVE weapon or removed it from PVP completely. I love PVE and Thorn would have been bad ass for all sorts of boss battles.
They're not going to remove weapons from PVE or PVP-- they want a seamless crossover from PVP to PVE and back again.

The update better address weapon parts. My stash is dwindling, it keeps me from trying new weapons, and it is absolute game killer for anybody who is just now picking up the game. Commodity materials (weapon parts, armor parts, spin metal etc) should never be a grind. Hadium flakes, Etheric Light, and other non commodity materials are ok to make the player grind for.

Edit: Hope they address Crucible drop rates like they said they would. I really want baby Hawkmoon and baby Red Death.

E92 M3

The update better address weapon parts. My stash is dwindling, it keeps me from trying new weapons, and it is absolute game killer for anybody who is just now picking up the game. Commodity materials (weapon parts, armor parts, spin metal etc) should never be a grind. Hadium flakes, Etheric Light, and other non commodity materials are ok to make the player grind for.

Edit: Hope they address Crucible drop rates like they said they would. I really want baby Hawkmoon and baby Red Death.

Strange Coins need a guaranteed source and weapon parts need to be unnerfed. For your crucible concerns: there is a glitch with the loot that they are working on.

noomi

Bought Black Ops 3, fuck it.

Coop Campaign and Zombie Mode will certainly be very fun.

I need something different for a change, still plan on playing Destiny. Definitely still doing raids on Tuesday, and helping others when need be.

Not really interesting in Trials or Crucible anymore though, I just really don't enjoy where it is right now.

flkraven

Except shot package is gone

Which didn't do much in crucible since everyone is handed a perfectly-rolled CT-D without Shot Package in the campaign lol.

I actually think it's the maps' fault that shotties are OP. They need to slightly buff FR, and make maps a little less tight (but not necessarily wide open snipe fests). Also, reduce aim assist on snipers so wide open areas don't become headshot sprees for any scrub with a decent sniper.

Also, reposting for a new page:

HM King's Fall
Xbox One

1. flkRaven
2. flkRaven's friend
3. flkRaven's friend
4. xplicitone

Alt 1: Laughlin (6:40PM)

LTWood12

My pie-in-the-sky patch hopes:

-Restore Handcannon range back to 90% of it's pre 2.0 value; proportionally fixing accuracy in the process.
-Remove Weapon Parts as currency
-Remove Infusion Penalty (sacrifice any gun/armor to another and the infused item is granted the value from the sacrificed item)
-Add Year 2 Mida Multi-Tool (now gives Keen Scout ability as an additional perk)
-Add Year 2 Ice Breaker: ammo recharge restored to 1.0 value; when equipped your super will not charge.
-Add Year 2 Gjallarhorn; (new 'perk' encumbered; special weapon is unusable if Gjallarhorn is equipped)

Top Bottom