• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

So we will be able to buy weapon parts with glimmer. I would have preferred a material conversion or marks but it'll do.

Also etheric light and wormspore will totally be redeemable for rep, watch.

Man, this is a jerk thing to say:

Need Weapon Parts?

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast.​

sigh.

E92 M3

Wasn't a bad update. Guess, it's time to start hoarding wormspore again - just have no space for them. Excited to see what etheric light is worth.

Most importantly, Bungie finally listened to me and started doing statistics - though it's still very hallow ;)

neoism

"Happy Festival of the Lost, Guardians! As our annual extravaganza winds down, we hope you've enjoyed these not-so-subtle changes to the Tower on this our favorite holiday. (Insert stats about masks and comment about last week's videos)

Trying Osiris

Last week Brother Vance made his return after a long hiatus from the Reef, and many Guardians blazed a well-worn trail to Mercury. We've heard that trip was quite a bit tougher this go-round, and we salute the newest visitors to Caloris Spires.

Challenging Oryx

To this point thousands of you have traversed the Dreadnaught in search of rewards and fame in the hardest content Destiny has to offer. You've demonstrated true honor and valor while defeating Oryx across both normal and hard modes.

The next challenge is not for the faint of heart, as we're about to unleash a new means by which to test your mettle. Oryx Challenge Mode.

That's right, Guardians - Oryx's minions are sharpening their claws and anxiously await to defend their master against any onslaught.

What is challenge mode? We're keeping a tight lid on the details - but you can look forward to this new challenge on Tuesday November 10th.

Vigilance in the Crucible

Alas, many voices have arisen from the crucible, that a new threat has emerged. There are those who would use a denial of service attack to disconnect their opponents on their way to victory. While our research shows use of this tactic is very minimal across our playerbase, your cries have been heard and we are conducting extensive research into this abhorrent behavior. Let it be known that anyone caught using such deplorable means will meet swift justice by way of our ban hammer.

Until next week,

Deej out

Tl;dr please play Destiny and ignore those other games next Tuesday. Please! ;)
While I am not Deej, I can also utilize unnecessary adjectives and thereby elongate sentences. It takes great presence of mind to say so little in so many words.

Deej can't do Hank Hill imitations either so Pfft - propane for everyone.

just one of the reasons i dont care for the bungie WUD anymore why cant deej take like a regular person and not so PR focused... i dont remeber Luke or Frankie like that...

Tovarisc

Need Weapon Parts?

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast.​

sigh.

I guess DeeJ thought that is funny thing to say, but... yeaaah... also weapon parts nerf stays in, but you can purchase some with glimmer? wot m8?

"Don't want grind days for Parts? Well grind days for glimmer"

phen0m24

Holy crap I should have made it more predictive and not just "imitate deej-speak."

I didn't think they would touch anything of value, not that promises made in a BWU amount to any immediate action....

LTWood12

Need Weapon Parts?

sigh.

Yeah I thought it was a really typical douchey passive aggressive thing to say. Glad we can finally buy them now though. Long overdue.

Disappointing that the weapon balance stuff won't happen until December.

Deku Tree

So Petra will accept Elight for Queen Rep? And Eris will accept Wormspore for Eris Rep? Can't possibly be more than that... Yawn...

All I care about is faction rep. I have 85 Hadium flakes just from ranking up Eris by doing the raid...

inthrall

Ooh wow, impressive weekly update. I guess they were saving a few of those for the first week after HM/ToO, but even so some nice changes in there

phen0m24

just one of the reasons i dont care for the bungie WUD anymore why cant deej take like a regular person and not so PR focused... i dont remeber Luke or Frankie like that...

Lol neo that was me imitating deej - of course mine came out first...

Potentially oblivious to the fact that you probably got the joke that it was me

Bogeypop

Looks like we might not see Challenge Mode until December at the earliest.

On an unrelated note I just found out my partner in crime is back in the Bloodborne DLC

uGp2XQb.jpg

bruh... I missed you

dgLGABL.jpg

MrDaravon

They can't just...go back to the old way huh? Lol

Yeah, this is weird. I mean ideally I have no problem with them both rolling it back AND doing this, but still weird. Kinda depends on how much he charges for weapon parts. Almost wonder if they just don't want to outright revert it exactly back for appearances sake or something, but they pretty much acknowledged the complaints here so no idea.

Having some sort of trade-in for various materials is much needed, but they never should have taken away the ability to trade in materials for faction rep to begin with -_-. It's something at least though, and trading in Etheric Light is a new one at least.

Other than that a whole lot of nothing, and they're continuing to do what I keep complaining about in that they keep teasing things and doing the "soon" thing which is infuriating. That method can work, but it's all Bungie does, and it takes them waaaaay too long to actually even address issues, much less fix them. This was not the update I was hoping to see from them right before CoD, Fallout 4 and Battlefront hit >_>

Kyne

ideally Wormspore would turn into glimmer.

then our new farming method could be wormspore > glimmer > weaponparts.

neoism

I think Luke would think it was funny that you thought the criticism here scared him off.

ahah yeah i find it funny anyone thinking that...if he or anyone at bungie is that thined skined he shouldnt be on the internet at all..lol
my guess is he's to buzzy eating pizza right now and thinking or new emotes..Kappa

On the update:

-Weapon Part vendor is great but I don't see what harm it would do to increase the drop rate and have the vendor

-Glad we are getting something for Etheric Light/Wormspore

-Really want to see more Exotics get brought up from Year 1

-Want something to do with these court or Oryx runes...they just take up so much space and it is near impossible to get a group together. It'd be great if I could spawn in with more than 3 people. It was advertised as some constant 9 player event but I can only bring 2 other friends.

noomi

Nice small update....

Weapon parts from Gunsmith will be a nice touch, and will surely make many people happy. Curious to see what they do with Etheric Light and Wormspore though. A little disappointing that there is no mention of Challenge Mode, but I assume we'll get that in December.

Also, weapon tweaking... here we go.

....In the weeks to come, we’ll share a lot of details for how we’ll be refining various weapons and classes in an upcoming December update......

Number45

They're basically making glimmer relevant which is great for the economy. No more sitting on 25000.
I lose half of mine each week to the armsday stuff and I don't find it all that easy to come by. Not a fan of the small caps in place for glimmer/marks.

In all sincerity, as the curators of your living social world, we reserve the right to tinker with the economy. We also reserve the right to change our minds again once we’ve had a chance to read the forum. Thanks for giving enough of a damn to tell us what’s up.

And as your customer, we reserve the right to say fuck you.

..Bungie was so keen on rolling out the weapon parts nerf soon after the game came out, and now they're keen on waiting.
This was a pretty shitty update tbh.

inthrall

I lose half of mine each week to the armsday stuff and I don't find it all that easy to come by. Not a fan of the small caps in place for glimmer/marks.

I have a feeling I would lose that much if I had inventory space to do so. Really I should just clear out my vault :(

Mindlog

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast. As part of the November update, we’re authorizing Banshee-44 as your Weapon Parts dealer. He’ll accept Glimmer as a form of payment.
KuGsj.gif

So fucking predictable.

neoism

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast. As part of the November update, we’re authorizing Banshee-44 as your Weapon Parts dealer. He’ll accept Glimmer as a form of payment.

xH5gwbi.png
xH5gwbi.png
xH5gwbi.png

watch it be 500 for 1 part... Kappa

Afrocious

With 315 light guardians, I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. At this point, HM KF's drops are going to be statistically against me obtaining them. I have to roll for gear that may or may not show up for me, and then I gotta hope it's a higher atk/def than what I have equipped in that same slot.

I know folks have been saying it, but might be time to take a break from Destiny for a month or two.

Deku Tree

Luke and Bungie should have said "months" not "weeks" in their tweets if challenge mode is not coming until December.

So challenge mode is going to be the big content update in December? That would be a yawner...

Top Bottom