• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

phen0m24

Predictions on the BWU?

"Happy Festival of the Lost, Guardians! As our annual extravaganza winds down, we hope you've enjoyed these not-so-subtle changes to the Tower on this our favorite holiday. (Insert stats about masks and comment about last week's videos)

Trying Osiris

Last week Brother Vance made his return after a long hiatus from the Reef, and many Guardians blazed a well-worn trail to Mercury. We've heard that trip was quite a bit tougher this go-round, and we salute the newest visitors to Caloris Spires.

Challenging Oryx

To this point thousands of you have traversed the Dreadnaught in search of rewards and fame in the hardest content Destiny has to offer. You've demonstrated true honor and valor while defeating Oryx across both normal and hard modes.

The next challenge is not for the faint of heart, as we're about to unleash a new means by which to test your mettle. Oryx Challenge Mode.

That's right, Guardians - Oryx's minions are sharpening their claws and anxiously await to defend their master against any onslaught.

What is challenge mode? We're keeping a tight lid on the details - but you can look forward to this new challenge on Tuesday November 10th.

Vigilance in the Crucible

Alas, many voices have arisen from the crucible, that a new threat has emerged. There are those who would use a denial of service attack to disconnect their opponents on their way to victory. While our research shows use of this tactic is very minimal across our playerbase, your cries have been heard and we are conducting extensive research into this abhorrent behavior. Let it be known that anyone caught using such deplorable means will meet swift justice by way of our ban hammer.

Until next week,

Deej out

Tl;dr please play Destiny and ignore those other games next Tuesday. Please! ;)

My pie-in-the-sky patch hopes:

-Restore Handcannon range back to 90% of it's pre 2.0 value; proportionally fixing accuracy in the process.
-Remove Weapon Parts as currency
-Remove Infusion Penalty (sacrifice any gun/armor to another and the infused item is granted the value from the sacrificed item)
-Add Year 2 Mida Multi-Tool (now gives Keen Scout ability as an additional perk)
-Add Year 2 Ice Breaker: ammo recharge restored to 1.0 value; when equipped your super will not charge.
-Add Year 2 Gjallarhorn; (new 'perk' encumbered; special weapon is unusable if Gjallarhorn is equipped)
Your pie in the sky patch notes make me happy. Especially the thought of a keen scout granting mida.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice shill there, Hawkian, is Todd Howard funding your Guild Wars 2 expansions!? Inb4 Hawk companion for Fallout 4!
That's a pretty good deal
lol
I'm not nearly as hyped for Fallout 4 as most people I encounter

No Man's Sky is the next game I'm likely to go frothing nuts for, but we have 7 months to wait.
Yeah! I was just showing that you can have rangefinder and Rifled on it but it's a big tradeoff
I've never cared about stability on Hand Cannons honestly. I aim every shot. That looks pretty great to me, though the low mag size on all of these is a real punch to the balls alongside the other nerfs

LTWood12

"Happy Festival of the Lost, Guardians! As our annual extravaganza winds down, we hope you've enjoyed these not-so-subtle changes to the Tower on this our favorite holiday. (Insert stats about masks and comment about last week's videos)

Trying Osiris

Last week Brother Vance made his return after a long hiatus from the Reef, and many Guardians blazed a well-worn trail to Mercury. We've heard that trip was quite a bit tougher this go-round, and we salute the newest visitors to Caloris Spires.

Challenging Oryx

To this point thousands of you have traversed the Dreadnaught in search of rewards and fame in the hardest content Destiny has to offer. You've demonstrated true honor and valor while defeating Oryx across both normal and hard modes.

The next challenge is not for the faint of heart, as we're about to unleash a new means by which to test your mettle. Oryx Challenge Mode.

That's right, Guardians - Oryx's minions are sharpening their claws and anxiously await to defend their master against any onslaught.

What is challenge mode? We're keeping a tight lid on the details - but you can look forward to this new challenge on Tuesday November 10th.

Alas, many voices have arisen from the crucible, that a new threat has emerged. There are those who would use a denial of service attack to disconnect their opponents on their way to victory. While our research shows use of this tactic is very minimal across our playerbase, your cries have been heard and we are conducting extensive research into this abhorrent behavior. Let it be known that anyone caught using such deplorable means will meet swift justice by way of our ban hammer.

Until next week,

Deej out

holy shit this is uncanny colonel.

Your pie in the sky patch notes make me happy. Especially the thought of a keen scout granting mida.

Mida in general makes me happy.

-Restore Handcannon range back to 90% of it's pre 2.0 value; proportionally fixing accuracy in the process.
-Remove Infusion Penalty (sacrifice any gun/armor to another and the infused item is granted the value from the sacrificed item)
-Add Year 2 Mida Multi-Tool (now gives Keen Scout ability as an additional perk)
-Add Year 2 Ice Breaker: ammo recharge restored to 1.0 value; when equipped your super will not charge.
-Add Year 2 Gjallarhorn; (new 'perk' encumbered; special weapon is unusable if Gjallarhorn is equipped)

- I think at least 50% would be good.

- Yes. 100% Agree.

- I can go either way

- I need a new Mida

- Not sure about this. I like where you're going with it though.

- Nah son. Y2 Gjallarhorn is just equipping two, but you only get one shot from each, happens at the same time, and does absurd damage. Game over.

Bogeypop

lol

No Man's Sky is the next game I'm likely to go frothing nuts for, but we have 7 months to wait. No Man's Sky is the next game I'm likely to go frothing nuts for, but we have 7 months to wait.

Only reason I'm "hyped" for Fallout 4 is I don't really have a go to game now considering how unhappy I am with the current state of Destiny, so I'm hoping it takes that spot for a while. I've actually been replaying Bloodborne to prepare for the Old Hunters DLC, but I have the most fun with Souls games on my first playthrough when I'm unfamiliar with the layout of the areas. I'm basically just running through going "There's a trap around this corner. There's a guy shooting up above here. Boss is over there. Etc."

inb4 No Man's Sky gets pushed back again to Fall 2016
7cFYBIm.png

E92 M3

PLEASE

Trying Osiris

Challenging Oryx

Until next week,

Deej out

Deej, why do you hate GAF?

lol

No Man's Sky is the next game I'm likely to go frothing nuts for, but we have 7 months to wait.

I've never cared about stability on Hand Cannons honestly. I aim every shot. That looks pretty great to me, though the low mag size on all of these is a real punch to the balls alongside the other nerfs

I am so freaking excited for No Man's Sky and very sad we have to wait for June.

NeOak

Bought Black Ops 3, fuck it.

Coop Campaign and Zombie Mode will certainly be very fun.

I need something different for a change, still plan on playing Destiny. Definitely still doing raids on Tuesday, and helping others when need be.

Not really interesting in Trials or Crucible anymore though, I just really don't enjoy where it is right now.

Got an XBO Elite bundle and Halo 5 for the same reasons

4 attempts to start a control match, 4 drops into losing games with my team 4000 to 9000 points behind, on Bastion and Skyshock. Bungie pls.

I'd happily wait a few minutes in a queue if it meant fresh matches. Seems like the mercy code needs serious reworking...has anyone come back from a 9000 point deficit?

LTWood12

- I think at least 50% would be good.

- Yes. 100% Agree.

- I can go either way

- I need a new Mida

- Not sure about this. I like where you're going with it though.

- Nah son. Y2 Gjallarhorn is just equipping two, but you only get one shot from each, happens at the same time, and does absurd damage. Game over.

For Ice Breaker and Gjallarhorn I'm sort of adopting their thinking w/ the HoW and beyond era weapon perks that grant one thing at the cost of another. In this case it's just a much bigger trade-off, but I think a fair one, in exchange for getting some OP weapons back.

Kyne

it's sad that all the 'hate' and pitchforks around here have probably scared Deej/Luke off.

really liked the way that they interacted with their community on a first term basis. Now they can't talk to us without being on the front page of Kotaku/reddit.

phen0m24

Today I learned that phen0m is secretly Deej.

I give this a DeeJ/10.

Eerily similar

holy shit this is uncanny colonel.

Mida in general makes me happy.

While I am not Deej, I can also utilize unnecessary adjectives and thereby elongate sentences. It takes great presence of mind to say so little in so many words.

Deej can't do Hank Hill imitations either so Pfft - propane for everyone.

NeOak

it's sad that all the 'hate' and pitchforks around here have probably scared Deej/Luke off.

really liked the way that they interacted with their community on a first term basis. Now they can't talk to us without being on the front page of Kotaku/reddit.
More like Kotaku quotes GAF a lot, so Luke posting here unfortunately draws their attention really fast.

:(

ethomaz

Banned
For Ice Breaker and Gjallarhorn I'm sort of adopting their thinking w/ the HoW and beyond era weapon perks that grant one thing at the cost of another. In this case it's just a much bigger trade-off, but I think a fair one, in exchange for getting some OP weapons back.
You had to trade off 5 minutes of your life to fucking use Gjallarhorn :D

E92 M3

I don't we've had any pitchforks, just people upset over some changes.

neoism

Unpopular opinion, but I think shotguns are absolutely fine how they are now. They just need to make the other weapons MORE powerful.

same it boils down to people feeling shotties kills dont feel earned.. but i really dont see wat else they could do but make soo you literally have be in the other guys face for a kill...and thats not how shotguns work...

LTWood12

I think Luke would think it was funny that you thought the criticism here scared him off.

Kyoufu

Main problem with Shotguns now is that most of the new maps are claustrophobic so they heavily favour shotties over any other special weapon type.

ocean

Banned

Things I've been told for highlighting how rude and negative it is to say Fuck Bungie/Deej/Luke's dog's toys etc instead of actually contributing to the conversation:

- You're not anybody's dad here
- Why always defend them
- what's wrong with calling them out
- so this is a community where you can only suck up

I don't understand how anyone can be oblivious to the fact that insulting people is not a lol whatever thing. Internet anonymity notwithstanding it's the sort of behavior I can't get on board with.

Deej your writing is too vague and creates some misunderstandings.
Vs
Oh my god how is this guy still employed fuck Deejspeak they should let Bungie HQ janitorial staff write instead fuck you for relaying decisions you didn't make and which I dislike

LTWood12

Main problem with Shotguns now is that most of the new maps are claustrophobic so they heavily favour shotties over any other special weapon type.

But that's the thing. That's not a problem with Shotguns. That's a problem of no map design variety if anything. Shotguns should be a one hit kill at close range. Anything less wouldn't feel right.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Exactly, but instead of "any other special weapon type", it should be "any other gun in the game".

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
But that's the thing. That's not a problem with Shotguns. That's a problem of no map design variety if anything. Shotguns should be a one hit kill at close range. Anything less wouldn't feel right.

But they aren't going to go back and redesign the maps...

phen0m24

Deej, why do you hate GAF?

Since I'm playing Persona I'll take on deej.

"Fear not, Guardian. I still read GAF, just not the OT. While it may be true that certain aMong you hAve presenTed me witH contrary opinions in the past, to which my reactions personally were less than optimal, I've chosen to spend most of my posting time in more official channels, those being the Bungie forums as well as the Destiny subreddit. You'll note Luke and Urk still lurk (see what I did there) these hallowed halls, and I trust their participation here more than makes up for my absence."

But none of these punish the player, hence will never happen.

E92 M3

"Fear not, Guardian. I still read GAF, just not the OT. While it may be true that certain aMong you hAve presenTed me witH contrary opinions in the past, to which my reactions personally were less than optimal, I've chosen to spend most of my posting time in more official channels, those being the Bungie forums as well as the Destiny subreddit. You'll note Luke and Urk still lurk (see what I did there) these hallowed halls, and I trust their participation here more than makes up for my absence."

G23lr1V.png

noomi

I see what you did there :D

Kyne

"...we’ll share a lot of details for how we’ll be refining various weapons and classes in an upcoming December update."

mhm...

"As part of the November update, we’re authorizing Banshee-44 as your Weapon Parts dealer. He’ll accept Glimmer as a form of payment."

MHM...

the infusion gap is too strict

i got a 296 chest armor and i receive a legendary chest drop at 308

i know that if I try to boost infuse my 296 chest with that 308 that I won't reach 308 and I will be wasting a high light level chest

it's like I have to wait for an in between chest to drop on my lap at say 302 so that I can get to 308 without penalty

Changes I think we need

Short Term

• Quiver
  • Sunbreakers (personally a none issue but other people hate them)
  • Weapon Parts (way to low)
  • Hand Cannons need a balance up
  • Shotguns need another range nerf
  • Fusion Rifles are dead they need a buff
  • Stack Court of Oryx Runes
  • Etheric Light needs to do something
  • Artifacts need separate engrams
  • Preorder Exotic class items are still useless without The Life Exotic perk

Long Term
  • Heroic strike playlist needs all strikes in it.
  • Crota's End, Vault of Glass and Prison of Elders are worthless at this point, give us a option that scales up to the highest light in the party and replace all the rewards with legendary engram drops and the final boss with an exotic drop.
  • Vendor gear is pointless once you hit 200 light which is a major problem
  • Legendary marks should top out at 400
  • Frontier Shell needs to be marked as a year 2 item since it's infuseable but without year 1 ghost shells to infuse it's not worth having

Super Long Term (See: never happening)
  • Transmogrification
  • Race Change/Avatar Customization
  • Beards
  • Certain Exotics need a complete overhaul because they are shit
  • Larger fireteams
  • Grimoire Library in the tower
  • Reef needs to be a place people want to go at the moment it's the shit tower we visit on trials day

"...we’ll share a lot of details for how we’ll be refining various weapons and classes in an upcoming December update."

mhm...

"As part of the November update, we’re authorizing Banshee-44 as your Weapon Parts dealer. He’ll accept Glimmer as a form of payment."

MHM...

They can't just...go back to the old way huh? Lol

Top Bottom