• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

phen0m24

So Deej is going on vacation for two weeks eh? Good for him.

"In all sincerity, as the curators of your living social world, we reserve the right to tinker with the economy. We also reserve the right to change our minds again once we’ve had a chance to read the forum. Thanks for giving enough of a damn to tell us what’s up."

"Negativity" wins again, amirite lads.

Looking forward to those patch notes, but December is cutting it close.

Alt-Luke I am your father lol

Wait, so the BWU mentions a November update and a December update.

Two separate things or typo?

It seems odd to mention an update that's two steps away from us already.

Strider

would it?

Sounds like the perfect thing to do imo.

Just around the time everyone is putting down the controller from BF/Blops.

Last year they released an entire DLC pack in December (it was bad but just sayin).

I'd say challenge mode is a yawner in comparison to new story missions, new crucible maps and a completely new raid.

Namikaze1

With 315 light guardians, I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. At this point, HM KF's drops are going to be statistically against me obtaining them. I have to roll for gear that may or may not show up for me, and then I gotta hope it's a higher atk/def than what I have equipped in that same slot.

I know folks have been saying it, but might be time to take a break from Destiny for a month or two.
This month is the best damn month to begin that break.

Fallout 4
Battlefront
Bloodborne DLC
BLOPs 3 (but I'm not really much of a fan of COD)

Fallout 4 and Bloodborne DLC alone will keep me busy for weeks.

Etheric Light and Wormspore will just be traded for Petra/Eris rep.

Thats the bummer but MAYBE the Live Team December updates will give us a reason to dive back into the old raids and PoE

Wouldnt mind having the new activities give us updated old gear and upgraded old exotics (which they did say they would roll out)

Klyka

Banned
I just break down blue weapons that I level up by using them. As well as blue armor that I wear so I get motes out of it and I use the motes to level more armor and weapons.

I haven't worn my super high light stuff in like...2 weeks?

I just wear whatever drops for me,level it and destroy it.
Gives good amount of parts.

Liamc723

And I appreciate the responses. I asked for 3 days for anyone to do some strikes with and everyone had their own plans, I'm at the whim of others and I've just had my fill of playing by myself :(

Well unless it's a Nightfall strike, you don't need to LFG for that.

Nothus

Ugh, does anyone still need to kill Oryx on hard mode? I have the checkpoint but I just can't deal with these LFG players anymore, help me out DGAF please!

Fuck you

That's the cool thing to say right? Embarrassing tbh.

Weapon Parts for Glimmer is amazeballs

"Fuck you" is over the line. But taking something away and then only offering it back at a price is hardly "amazeballs".

Would have appreciated Bungie restoring the drop rate AND having weapon parts for sale for the real whales. But people wanted additional glimmer sinks, so this is what we got.

spyder_ur

Seems like a good weekly update to me - uses for wormspore, etheric and weapon part purchasing is great. I'll guess 250 glimmer a part.

People really expect and read way too much into the weekly updates.

They do owe us way more info on what exactly the live team does (if not quick fixes to stuff like quiver) and definitely clarity on what the plan is with content/DLC moving forward. That's crucial.

Anyone expecting challenge mode or anything else substantial before December was crazy. But they need to tell us what to expect. At this time last year, we were looking towards TDB, right?

Puma, Sushi, Myopic,Kadey, Magik, Chrome, Toasty yah'll up for Trials tomorrow? I think it's going to be a ghost town in here starting this weekend. Just me using the grieve emote over and over again.

Edit: anyone else I've played with tbh

Bogeypop

Yukiko is waiting

Good joke, I almost thought you were serious. Oh wait...
uFKz6Sv.png
P5's Ann has jumped to the top of my list on pure aesthetics and I know nothing about her. She's like Lisa Silverman 2.0

Namikaze1

Lol! I'm not gonna applaud them for the new weapon parts thing. This shit should have been in the game when they added planetary mats to crucible and vanguard quartermasters back in early year 1.

Where is the actual community part of Destiny?

I'm playing by myself and everyone already has their friends they play with and I'm just unable to find people to play with. I'm at a light level I can do almost anything but I'm just doing PVP over and over as I have no one to point me in the right direction with my time or even to do strikes with :(
I've got one group I play with one night a week. Other than that, I roam around and try to hitch up fireteams when I can. Check out the100.io. I've had good luck using them to either join or create some games.

Kyne

Last year they released an entire DLC pack in December (it was bad but just sayin).

I'd say challenge mode is a yawner in comparison to new story missions, new crucible maps and a completely new raid.

I wasn't even referring to challenge mode. Lack of challenge mode isn't the reason everyone is off playing something else.

After the sandbox release in December hopefully PVP gets tweaked to a more enjoyable state. The meta balancing would bring a lot of people back. Same with the raid, hopefully they make a slight chance to the drop rate which would inspire people to come back to gear up for the challenge modes.

Deku Tree

november update is an economy update
december update is a sandbox update

Does it say that somewhere in the BWU?

I also saw this:

"On that note, you’ll see yet more welcome changes to the in-game economy in the December update. "

Which describes economy updates in December.

Afrocious

P3 > P4.]

*dismantles black spindle and ship*

This month is the best damn month to begin that break.

Fallout 4
Battlefront
Bloodborne DLC
BLOPs 3 (but I'm not really much of a fan of COD)

Fallout 4 and Bloodborne DLC alone will keep me busy for weeks.

I'm on the fence about Fallout 4 since it has a dialogue wheel and my playthrough of New Vegas will make F4's writing most likely disappoint the hell out of me.

Bloodborne though? I'm all over that. Hopefully we won't have to do any/too much chalice dungeon stuff unless it's improved. Getting to the Queen was annoying.

Yukiko is waiting

Yukiko is canon

Kyne

I also saw this:

"On that note, you’ll see yet more welcome changes to the in-game economy in the December update. "

As part of the November update, we’re authorizing Banshee-44 as your Weapon Parts dealer. He’ll accept Glimmer as a form of payment.

I also saw this:

looks like november update is smaller for a few specific things then and the bigger update is in december.

So neither update indicates to being a sandbox update?

"We’re looking at all the numbers. The guns you used. The ways you fought. The hammers you threw, or caught with your face. In the weeks to come, we’ll share a lot of details for how we’ll be refining various weapons and classes in an upcoming December update. It will address some things you’ve told us, as well as some of what we’ve noticed during our constant study of the battles that rage among you."

Afrocious

Puma, Sushi, Myopic,Kadey, Magik, Chrome, Toasty yah'll up for Trials tomorrow? I think it's going to be a ghost town in here starting this weekend. Just me using the grieve emote over and over again.

Edit: anyone else I've played with tbh

I'll play with you since you asked. I want to play with people in Crucible more often, and not only in IB/Trials.

...But taking something away and then only offering it back at a price is hardly "amazeballs".

Would have appreciated Bungie restoring the drop rate AND having weapon parts for sale for the real whales. But people wanted additional glimmer sinks, so this is what we got.
I wouldn't say tweaking the drop rates is taking it away but whatever. There aren't very many uses for glimmer as it stands. This is a no-brainer. With the ghost shells that give out enhanced glimmer returns for killing hive/taken/fallen it's easy to get Scrooge McDuck-like balances with your Tower bank account.

Strider

I wasn't even referring to challenge mode. Lack of challenge mode isn't the reason everyone is off playing something else.

After the sandbox release in December hopefully PVP gets tweaked to a more enjoyable state. The meta balancing would bring a lot of people back. Same with the raid, hopefully they make a slight chance to the drop rate which would inspire people to come back to gear up for the challenge modes.

?

His post was...

So challenge mode is going to be the big content update in December? That would be a yawner...

Sorry I misunderstood but idk how I was supposed to take your response as anything but discussing content being added to the game. We're talking about new content that is unavailable right now that will be added in December (i.e Challenge mode). Patch notes and balance changes =/= content

Shito

I don't know what people are not doing with their glimmer, but as far as I'm concerned it is the number 2 way of ranking up my factions...
Those rank 25 on my alts will be longer to achieve if I have to buy my weapon parts now. ^^

I wouldn't say tweaking the drop rates is taking it away but whatever. There aren't very many uses for glimmer as it stands. This is a no-brainer. With the ghost shells that give out enhanced glimmer returns for killing hive/taken/fallen it's easy to get Scrooge McDuck-like balances with your Tower bank account.

Those ghost shells are legendary only and incredibly hard to find in the wild (Nightfall only really) or incredibly expensive (lots of legendary marks). But they are nice.

That said, Patrol is also a great way to get glimmer. Most patrols are 350-500 glimmer, which is a nice way to relax and make some money.

I'm almost always broke because I buy a lot of Armsday packages every week.

Ghazi

Enjoy your thousand yard stares before they probably nerf it in December (which is a good thing). Hopefully they keep this roll up, updates every month tweaking and fixing things.

Mindlog

Etheric Light and Wormspore will just be traded for Petra/Eris rep.
Probably. Better than nothing. I've deleted many stacks of Wormspore and Etheric Light is just taking up vault space.
I don't know how much wormspore I've deleted vs kept, but wouldn't be surprised by any ratio.

Maybe raisins. Yeah, like a whole bunch of raisins. Raisins on my mind and my mind on raisins.

Afrocious

turns out bungie has nothing else to add to the game as of yet, so they fool us into looking forward to criticizing the weekly updates

If you deny the truth you'll have to face your Shadow.

the only good characters in p3 were akihiko and the dog

the best thing the p3 characters did were shoot themselves in the head

baby baby baby baby

Deku Tree

looks like november update is smaller for a few specific things then and the bigger update is in december.

"We’re looking at all the numbers. The guns you used. The ways you fought. The hammers you threw, or caught with your face. In the weeks to come, we’ll share a lot of details for how we’ll be refining various weapons and classes in an upcoming December update. It will address some things you’ve told us, as well as some of what we’ve noticed during our constant study of the battles that rage among you."

Oh so they are promising weapons and super tuning in December... Sounds good.

Top Bottom