• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Regarding Luke's posts showing up on Kotaku or Gaf,

While I agree that sometimes if feels cheap to find a random post on Gaf show up at the top page of Reddit the same/next day, at the same time, some of that information is valuable and should be shared.

I admit even I took Luke's post about elemental primaries going away and shared that information over there.

Also, I don't think Luke or Deej ever get scared off. I'm pretty sure they're always there, but development works in cycles, and sometimes you need to communicate with your userbase, and sometimes you don't.

Hung Wei Lo

What's the current and best method to farm glimmer nowadays? I'm going to farm for hours and hours and stockpile weapon parts when this hits, in the case they mess with the economy again

noomi

Luke and Bungie should have said "months" not "weeks" in their tweets if challenge mode is not coming until December.

So challenge mode is going to be the big content update in December? That would be a yawner...

They are milking it, for everything they can.

phen0m24

Regarding Luke's posts showing up on Kotaku or Gaf,

While I agree that sometimes if feels cheap to find a random post on Gaf show up at the top page of Reddit the same/next day, at the same time, some of that information is valuable and should be shared.

I admit even I took Luke's post about elemental primaries going away and shared that information over there.

Also, I don't think Luke or Deej ever get scared off. I'm pretty sure they're always there, but development works in cycles, and sometimes you need to communicate with your userbase, and sometimes you don't.

I will gladly accept the role of alt-Deej

Kinda like Bizarro Superman, or maybe not

neoism

Lol neo that was me imitating deej - of course mine came out first...

Potentially oblivious to the fact that you probably got the joke that it was me

yeah lol i did, but it aint like its not the way he does it pretty much.. :p....

They are milking it, for everything they can.

They have to stretch it out as much as possible. It's why the leg exotics haven't come out yet.

It kinda sucks. Instead of the games merits, they have to depend on milking out content slowly over huge cycles of time in order to keep people coming back.

Kyne

Luke and Bungie should have said "months" not "weeks" in their tweets if challenge mode is not coming until December.

So challenge mode is going to be the big content update in December? That would be a yawner...

would it?

Sounds like the perfect thing to do imo.

Just around the time everyone is putting down the controller from BF/Blops.

So uh...not sure what I missed, but anyone running fresh KF (norm or heroric) or want to assist with the arc exotic sword strike?

Haven't seen so much anger since Crota HM or that no raid would be in HoW.

ocean

Banned
Fuck you

That's the cool thing to say right? Embarrassing tbh.

Weapon Parts for Glimmer is amazeballs and, like many of the 2.0 economy tweaks, should have been an option from day 1.

The issue with weapon parts is there's no truly reliable way to get them outside of the extremely expensive "buy Truth for 2,500, use 5 motes and dismantle for 6 parts" option. Glimmer, on the other hand, is both plentiful and obtained at a reasonably predictable rate. There's no luck or RNG involved in making glimmer, as opposed to farming engrams (big chance of being armor, or turning into coins or motes, and then further giving a random number of parts).

Truly welcome addition. Assuming the exchange rate isn't totally egregious, this has the potential of mostly solving the issue tbh.

Given that Xur no longer sells Exotic shards, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what we trade our Etheric for. It can still be obtained from PoE 34/35 with no RNG, and it would be an easy way for new Guardians to stock up on E Shards. We vets have a ton but new guardians probably don't, given that you use one each time you infuse an Exotic. Hopefully it's something meaningful like that. Even if it's useless to me and many others here, it would be a good thing for most of the players (who we often never even consider).

Axoman

I'm afraid that's what it's going to be. If they really wanted to embrace the 'use whatever you want' philosophy, it'd 1 part per 100 glimmer. We'll see.

I'm guessing the 2500 for 5 due to the price of arms day orders.

I'd be ok with 500 glimmer for 10 parts, but no way they will be that cheap.

Prior to Taken King, I'd normally always be max glimmer, but since Taken King, being above 5000 glimmer is rare. Between infusing, upgrading weapons/armor and armsday orders, I'm always low. I think it's time for them to seriously consider raising the artificial glimmer cap.

Recall

Where is the actual community part of Destiny?

I'm playing by myself and everyone already has their friends they play with and I'm just unable to find people to play with. I'm at a light level I can do almost anything but I'm just doing PVP over and over as I have no one to point me in the right direction with my time or even to do strikes with :(

Klyka

Banned
Did anyone else ever have the problem that you just got no Glimmer?
Like,it said + glimmer on the side but you didn't get a single one?

I played for 1 hour yesterday and i had 398 Glimmer when I satrted. At the end of the hour i had 398 and I didn't spend anything!

And I wasn't wearing a mask for candy either.

We've noticed you've been using TOO much glimmer guardians...that data is clear!

Kappa

"After going through some data, we've realized the average guardian doesn't use glimmer and usually gets to max. So for those guardians who hate to farm glimmer, we're lowering the maximum amount of glimmer you can hold! For the guardians who hate farming won't have to farm as much. We think this change will be appreciated by players who want to get the max amount of glimmer without having to spend alot of time doing it."

We've noticed you've been using TOO much glimmer guardians...that data is clear!

Kappa

We've removed glimmer as a currency and replaced it with a Glimmer Mark.

Glimmer marks require 15,000XP to fill up, and once a Glimmer Mark is full it can be traded for 1 item from the Gunsmith, Vanguard Quartermaster, or Crucible Quartermaster. that is of Rare or uncommon Quality.

Using your new Glimmer mark will reset it, and you will need another 15,000XP to make your next purchase.

noomi

I have over 160 etheric light burning a hole in my pocket, can't wait to get rid of it.

Over 1,000 wormspore as well. I've deleted stacks of that shit already.

Shito

Deej's writing style continues to do wonders I see... ^^
That passive-aggressive tone really was not necessary, they keep repeating "we listen!" yet Deej is keen on giving lessons when the community is vocal about something they don't like. You can't be Bungie's voice to the community and be this antagonist each time.
I thought Cozmo would be the one to write the BWUs when he was first introduced... :/

Klyka

Banned

I'm playing by myself and everyone already has their friends they play with and I'm just unable to find people to play with. I'm at a light level I can do almost anything but I'm just doing PVP over and over as I have no one to point me in the right direction with my time or even to do strikes with :(

You're posting in it, son.

ocean

Banned

Many of the people here have a regular group but I'd wager most don't. They kinda just have everyone else on their friends list and hop on/off randomly.

I only have 2-3 guys with whom I play regularly and it took me about a year to get that :p

I think the key thing is looking out for people forming groups for whatever and just hopping in. The mood has been a little sour lately so there aren't that many LFG posts outside of Tuesday NF/Raid pickups but they still kinda happen.

Liamc723

You ask in this thread if people want to do a certain activity, which I gave you advice on in TTK OT. Simple.

ocean

Banned
A million people played Trials this weekend. Not too shabby for a console game which came out a year ago and has (deservedly for the most part) received some of the biggest critical and consumer backlash in recent memory.

Deej's writing style continues to do wonders I see... ^^
That passive-aggressive tone really was not necessary, they keep repeating "we listen!" yet Deej is keen on giving lessons when the community is vocal about something they don't like. You can't be Bungie's voice to the community and be this antagonist each time.
I thought Cozmo would be the one to write the BWUs when he was first introduced... :/

Wait, did Deej actually post something today that I've missed? Or are we just talking about in general here?

Edit: Oh shit, the BWU is out... time for a quick read.

Laughlin

I'd really prefer to start at 6 since I have another HM run with our guild just after 8. However, I will definitely add you as an alternate.

Sounds great (pretty sure I already have you on xbl)! Updated:

I'll add you just in case you end up short a teammate when I'm online.

flkraven

One spot left. (also posted on the100.io GAF)

Anyone down for a fresh Hard Mode King's Fall run on Xbox One tonight?

HM King's Fall
Xbox One
6:00PM EST

1. flkRaven
2. flkRaven's friend
3. flkRaven's friend
4. xplicitone
5. irrotational

Alt 1: Laughlin (6:40PM)

post here, pm me, or add GT: flkRaven on Xbox and message me there!

I'll add you just in case you end up short a teammate when I'm online.

Sounds good!

phen0m24

Recall please realize when you begin with a passive aggressive verbal barb, folks do the old "Oooooooooooook?"

If you see a raid get posted, or an "Upcoming Raid Later" post, inject yourself into that raid group. Just coming in and complaining, be honest, do you think people reading say: "I can't wait to play with that one!" ?? ;)

Just jump in to activities and be friendly and you'll connect. People here post

Need 1 for Grasp farming (lol)
Need 3 for raid
Anyone for NF?

All the time. Just get in there! Have fun!

Alt-deej out

Recall

You ask in this thread if people want to do a certain activity, which I gave you advice on in TTK OT. Simple.

And I appreciate the responses. I asked for 3 days for anyone to do some strikes with and everyone had their own plans, I'm at the whim of others and I've just had my fill of playing by myself :(

So Deej is going on vacation for two weeks eh? Good for him.

"In all sincerity, as the curators of your living social world, we reserve the right to tinker with the economy. We also reserve the right to change our minds again once we’ve had a chance to read the forum. Thanks for giving enough of a damn to tell us what’s up."

"Negativity" wins again, amirite lads.

Looking forward to those patch notes, but December is cutting it close.

BuzzJive

Man, this is a jerk thing to say:

Need Weapon Parts?

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast.​

sigh.

Seriously. I'm a day one player with over 26 days of play time and I've got less than 10 weapon parts. I haven't been frivolously spending them either. I just want to enfuse stuff and not have to grind beforehand every time. Their data on this is out of whack.

Most folk here like me just hop on any activity when someone ask for a person. I mostly play on weekends, so if you want a person to help on NF and Strikes those days I can help!
PSN: marchcaraxeu

Top Bottom