• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

deadduck

I like the new MM for the extra challenge, but I don't get why we can't have the challenge of card MM with connection taken into account.

I don't mind waiting a 30 seconds for it to discard red bars.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Literally 2 days ago i discarded 1000 wormsperm.

Now they say Eris will trade it for something?

I bet you it's going to be 10 Eris rep per 50 WS or 10 hadium flakes per 100 WS.

Given how ridiculously easy it is to farm wormspore with the raid ghost, no way we'll be able to trade that for glimmer or motes, or something actually useful.

Finally a use for EL? Queens rep that gives us a 250-280 class item each rank, and a 170 HoW weapon. Awesome!

Glimmer for weapon parts? Oh well at least something useful was contained in that huge nothing they call the weekly update.

Not a single word about raid drops or trials lag. GG bungie.

/rant

E92 M3

Literally 2 days ago i discarded 1000 wormsperm.

Now they say Eris will trade it for something?

I bet you it's going to be 10 Eris rep per 50 WS or 10 hadium flakes per 100 WS.

Given how ridiculously easy it is to farm wormspore with the raid ghost, no way we'll be able to trade that for glimmer or motes, or something actually useful.

Finally a use for EL? Queens rep that gives us a 250-280 class item each rank, and a 170 HoW weapon. Awesome!

Glimmer for weapon parts? Oh well at least something useful was contained in that huge nothing they call the weekly update.

Not a single word about raid drops or trials lag. GG bungie.

/rant

You should know that the best way to play Destiny is hoarding ;)

Kaiken

Banned
enjoy your 310 hm armor and weapons guardians - deej

Being able to spend four hours in HM raid and coming out without any gear better than what you came in with is a colossal wast of time. Luckily I have some good spirited homies I enjoy playing with.

December Update needs to include:

• Hand Cannon accuracy buff
  • Auto Rifle effectiveness buff
  • Pulse Rifle effectiveness nerf
  • Shotgun "Felwinter" Archetype removal
  • Fusion Rifle effectiveness buff
  • Sniper Rifle blanket aim assist nerf
  • Sunbreaker damage resistance and Hammer splash damage nerf
  • Stormcaller Super duration nerf
  • Nightstalker Quiver fix (also possible buff to super disable time).

Dunno if they're touching any of the exotic weapons.

LTWood12

• Nightstalker Quiver fix (also possible buff to direct hits with the arrow but I think that will make the class too good).

Liked

Strider

And those of us that need Petra rep don't have any etheric light anyway :( still no Boolean

But of course that's assuming it gives rep.

• Nightstalker Quiver fix (also possible buff to direct hits with the arrow but I think that will make the class too good).

December 2016.

Kappa

Second this.

Bogeypop

the only good characters in p3 were akihiko and the dog

the best thing the p3 characters did were shoot themselves in the head

baby baby baby baby

Only good character in P4 was Kanji.

Best thing P4's Scooby-Gang did was not let their game die and delay P5 with all these spin-offs.. Oh wait that's not a good thing.
uFKz6Sv.png

Out of curiosity, are any PS4 Trials players going to be online tomorrow when it launches?

Also, do we know if it will launch an hour earlier or still be 10am Bungie time?

Shadowshot doesn't OHK players with damage resistance right?

Yea, thinking about it more I don't think it should. Maybe they can decrease the time it takes to disable supers, but I don't think it should be a OHK all the time. I like that you have the choice of aiming it at the ground to stop the player in their tracks. The problem was when you'd shoot a Sunbreaker directly and his hammer would hit you before your shadowshot disabled his Super.

GhaleonEB

What an empty update.

I thought it was pretty great. Short and sweet: weapon parts relief, wormspore and etheric light outlets, confirmation of a December balance update, promise of a preview of what's coming next from the Live team after the Festival is over, hard numbers (!!!) on Trials participation. Between the Live team stuff and two updates in the near terms there's a ton of stuff on the horizon.

zewone

Magneto-perfection.gif

Shadowshot doesn't OHK players with damage resistance right? .

Correct. It doesn't do much damage relative to other supers. I want to say it's only in the ~240 range (similar to BDance slash 241) whereas GG is ~420 and Fist + Nova direct hit are 700+.

I await your answer to both my poll and my alt-deej :p

Sup?

Haha trust me, I've had responses to all the great posts today, just not the time to type them out as they deserve. Life etc.

Still lurking and reading everything though :)

neoism

This month is the best damn month to begin that break.

Fallout 4
Battlefront
Bloodborne DLC
BLOPs 3 (but I'm not really much of a fan of COD)

Fallout 4 and Bloodborne DLC alone will keep me busy for weeks.

same most of the time i completely forget about bloodborne... need to finish my second playthrough befo the dlc hits...

X-Frame

Hammer of Sol should also nerf the Grenades & Horseshoes-like ability. Reduce the radius by 50% or something, or remove it completely I don't care. It doesn't really affect PvE at all and I prefer Suncharge anyway in PvP.

Afrocious

P4A and P4A2 are reaaaally good fighting games.
Though I'll always resent them for nerfing and changing Elizabeth that much in A2...

i was decent at P4A, but god that story sucked

What? P4G is the shit.

It took my favorite RPG and made it better.

/Destiny

put 300 hrs into P4 on PS2

couldn't get past 40 in P4G

not that it was bad, but i wasn't a fan of some of the non-gameplay added stuff.

PuMa

Am I the only one that read Glimmer for Weapon Parts as a joke from Deej? Maybe it was just me.

Yeah, it sounded like a laugh at people complaining about not having weapon parts.

DeeJ said:
My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them

Erm...ok. Not everyone has that many and even some who did are now down to almost zero.

Go to Mayhem Clash -> Get heavy ammo -> Hide till all the RL dudes blow their load -> Find isolated skirmishes -> Clean up -> Run away. Rinse, repeat.

It's even easier as a Bladedancer specced for max. invisibility coz you can stay invisibile and out of sight till you can find a favourable engagement.

Basically, you gotta be a sneaky, dirty, do-whatever-it-takes guardian. :D

You only have to do that step once.

Have your other 2 characters get the other 2 swords.

Once you have them, transfer them via the Vault to the character who already finished the Exotic Sword quest steps.

Infuse the Swords until you open up the last upgrade bubble and upgrade them. This will trigger the Exotic quest at Shaxx.

Since Shaxx acknowledges you already did the PvP kills and stuff on this character he'll give you the 2 new Exotic Questa starting at the "ability kills + farm materials" step.

Late reply, but thanks for the tips.

I will try the sword transfer method for the others, but I am concerned about the Void Sword because I did it on my Titan. I would need to get 500 Void Ability kills right? Dont't think that is feasable, so will probably do that on Warlock/Hunter.

Bogeypop

P4A and P4A2 are reaaaally good fighting games.
Though I'll always resent them for nerfing and changing Elizabeth that much in A2...

You mean nerfing her from the worst character in the game to an even worse character?
I main'd Elizabeth. I know your pain.
7cFYBIm.png

PuMa

So regarding those pesky weapon parts...it's nice that Banshee will sell some, but why don't they just reverse the stupid nerf???

Deku Tree

So let's think about this in terms of exchange rates for Rep.

Currently you can buy one heavy synth from the gunsmith for 950 glimmer and exchange it for 25 rep. So 25 rep costs 950 glimmer.

Now 25 weapons parts can be exchanged for 75 rep. So in the current sandbox, then using the reputation exchange rate

25 weapons parts should cost 2850 glimmer.

(unless they nerf the exchange rates which they might)

zewone

Why? It gave us a vague timeline of changes and they are addressing issues with changes. I wish it was more detailed, but it definitely wasn't hallow.

Vague promises of nothing to try and appease us.

Talk of weapon parts, etheric light, and wormspore should not be priority in the state the end game is.

HM has proven to be a let down and PVP needs fixing and hasn't been touched. They said there was a bug regarding PVP drops...well then fix it.

It was just so brief and lacking of anything that addresses any of my problems with the game.

Top Bottom