• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

daedalius

Thriller though.

Halo 5 MP is fun but the launch is barebones. Working on some Forge stuff behind the scenes while I wait for the rest of the game to come out.

Thriller is pretty amazing... I really need to get on to buy it.

Looking forward to see what you come up with in forge.

GhaleonEB

Shotgun one-shot should require a crit or be close enough you can smell his breath

Seeing how Halo 5 handles it, you have to be incredibly close in order to get a 1-hit kll with the shotgun. There are no conspiracy D levels of ridiculous sniping.

I wouldn't mind if Destiny took that approach, making the kill threshold an incredibly short range.

I wouldn't mind the one hit kill with shotguns barely extending past melee range. It should be a high risk/reward weapon.

Double-RNG raid loot removed. Items dropped from endgame activities drop at their highest possible light level. If you want people to invest in sideways progression by using drops to upgrade their favorite spec'd armor, what's the harm in giving them top-level drops?

"Because if you got the best roll possible why would you continue to run the raid if you've already gotten exactly what you need?"

-Bungie, probably

Seeing how Halo 5 handles it, you have to be incredibly close in order to get a 1-hit kll with the shotgun. There are no conspiracy D levels of ridiculous sniping.

I wouldn't mind if Destiny took that approach, making the kill threshold an incredibly short range.

Whats interesting about Destiny's Shotguns is that headshots actually matter per pellet.

If you shoot a shotgun in destiny, and 4 of the 20 pellets hits the head, you've done significantly more damage than if you aimed at their chest or legs. Halo has 1 hitbox where damage just registers unless you are using a precision weapon which has different numbers. Kind of like how the Fusion rifle can't trigger a precision shot.

But because Destiny shotguns fire off 20 pellets, you can easily find a situation to be very random. Sometimes 2-5 pellets will miss, and you'll only do 60% damage. Sometimes 2-5 pellets will crit, and you'll get a 1HKO.

I think a lot of average players have no idea about this. They probably aim for the chest or waist because they are center mass, and they assume that will give them the most damage, but they should be aiming slightly above the chest so some of the pellets get that sweet sweet crit damage.

I wouldn't mind the one hit kill with shotguns barely extending past melee range. It should be a high risk/reward weapon.

Yeah. Using shotguns is jarring in Halo 5, because between the low range and extremely low rate of fire compared to anything Destiny, it feels like you need skill in order to get multiple kills with shotguns in one life. Having to avoid open areas, using corners and map correctly...

..I'd like that in Destiny compared to the current running and gunning and doing good with your infini range shotgun ._.

flkraven

The Chaperone is a good example of how shotties should work. OHKO headshot, but 2 shots in the body to kill. As other have said, the highest impact shotties should require melee-like closeness to deliver ohko to the body.

phen0m24

Can I climb aboard?

PSN RecallBerserk

url]

Yeah, I'd pay $20 to clone my Xbox account to PS4. Definitely not starting over!

I'd switch to the Xbox tomorrow if we could transfer.

Love this reply on Reddit to the weekly update

Great because I don't give a flying fuck your boss has 1656 weapon parts. I have about 5 right now. So kiss my ass you snarky bastard DEEJ.

In fact most of the replies are negative, December is going to be to late to fix it

I'd switch to the Xbox tomorrow if we could transfer.

Love this reply on Reddit to the weekly update

Great because I don't give a flying fuck your boss has 1656 weapon parts. I have about 5 right now. So kiss my ass you snarky bastard DEEJ.

In fact most of the replies are negative, December is going to be to late to fix it

I can see why Bungie would wait though. Between this and next week, alot of the community might move on to other games, so its' better for Bungie to bank on a huge update to entice players back after the release window of other games.

Also, is Quiver still disabled? I wonder when they'll fix that.

I can see why Bungie would wait though. Between this and next week, alot of the community might move on to other games, so its' better for Bungie to bank on a huge update to entice players back after the release window of other games.

Plus, it works in their favor to let everyone wander away for a bit due to other AAA games coming out, and then tempt them with a larger patch to come back.

If they did just a little here and there, people wouldn't notice as much and not feel as much pressure to return.

Man... I should really be in marketing...

Plus, it works in their favor to let everyone wander away for a bit due to other AAA games coming out, and then tempt them with a larger patch to come back.

If they did just a little here and there, people wouldn't notice as much and not feel as much pressure to return.

Man... I should really be in marketing...

Let's team up and work for Bungie. With our powers combined, we'll time gate the shit out of Destiny 2.

"You reached level 10! Congrats! Now you have to recharge your ghost, please come back next week for the next 10 levels.."

December probably

Hm. Their damn inconsistencies with fixing glitches. Hammers can throw infinite hammers, fix it immediately. Infinite Quivers? Just disable, and forget about it.

ocean

Banned
An obvious joke isn't reason to be so offended I don't get it.

People treating that weapon parts comment like a too soon 9/11 joke in Reddit

inthrall

Hm. Their damn inconsistencies with fixing glitches. Hammers can throw infinite hammers, fix it immediately. Infinite Quivers? Just disable, and forget about it.

Its almost like Bungie is a software developer that has to test critical fixes before releasing them, so they don't break the game

zewone

Because it sounds like he wants to say:

"You whiny assholes are getting your wish."

He's supposed to be a voice for the community, but he instead decides to make fun of our wishes/concerns in regards to weapon parts.

Its almost like Bungie is a software developer that has to test critical fixes before releasing them, so they don't break the game

They had no problem not breaking the game after the sunbreaker glitch.

They also didn't break the game when they nerfed all Black Spindles to 290 despite whether they were vendor that got infused or original ones.

I mean...let's not give Bungie too much credit. They have priorities, and Quiver isn't one of them ._.;

We're the ones playing the game spending our time on it. You'd think he'd be a bit more respectful, as to not piss off the playerbase of his companies game, huh?

He's supposed to be a voice for the community, but he instead decides to make fun of our wishes/concerns in regards to weapon parts.

Exactly, how hard is it for them (for once) to hold there hands up and say we fucked up

Frenden

Banned
Last week's Xur was pretty good. What do we think he'd have to sell this week to be on par?

Helmet engrams would be a good start. And Y2 versions of Y1 items that aren't in the kiosk would be nice (Skull of Dire Ahamkara being the outlier there).

Anyone else a bit cheesed that the Skull ISN'T in the Kiosk and was sold? Seems weird/off/potentially punitive.

Last week's Xur was pretty good. What do we think he'd have to sell this week to be on par?

Helmet engrams would be a good start. And Y2 versions of Y1 items that aren't in the kiosk would be nice (Skull of Dire Ahamkara being the outlier there).

Anyone else a bit cheesed that the Skull ISN'T in the Kiosk and was sold? Seems weird/off/potentially punitive.

Bones of Eao or gtfo

2real4tv

Raiding has been awful for me this week. Either ended up with a bad mix or people who can't dedicate enough time to finish. Need an Oryx kill or full raid from totems anyone avail?

inthrall

They also didn't break the game when they nerfed all Black Spindles to 290 despite whether they were vendor that got infused or original ones.

I mean...let's not give Bungie too much credit. They have priorities, and Quiver isn't one of them ._.;

That, or the fix to this bug is not as easy as the hammer fix was. Not everything can be hotfixed. If someone tells you to repair a missing wall or a missing window in a house, which one is easier? Both appear on the outside, so its the same thing right?

That, or the fix to this bug is not as easy as the hammer fix was. Not everything can be hotfixed. If someone tells you to repair a missing wall or a missing window in a house, which one is easier? Both appear on the outside, so its the same thing right?

Replacing a wall is easy, get a crane and stick a wall on there.

What are you talking about.

ocean

Banned

We're the ones playing the game spending our time on it. You'd think he'd be a bit more respectful, as to not piss off the playerbase of his companies game, huh?
Like I'm apparently in the minority but I'd never have looked that much into it. I know there's reading between the lines but finding disrespect and the insinuation that we're assholes? All I see is we heard the feedback, here's a fix and a joke.

I've been more vocal than most in detailing all the ways I'm disappointed and annoyed by the state of the game but this kind of sensitivity strikes me as petty - though I respect its a perfectly legitimate reaction if you really felt offended to call them out on it.

Armamentarmamentarmamentarmamentarmamentarmamentarium.

I need my fucking second grenade back, please! I'm the only class that doesn't have a double grenade or melee option in any of my trees.

Top Bottom