• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

inthrall

Replacing a wall is easy, get a crane and stick a wall on there.

What are you talking about.

The wall replacement needs a crane and a lot more planning/workers/people involved. They need to assess whether the roof can still sit on the new wall correctly, if the wall had extra things inside that as well, such as power points or windows. On the other hand, a window can be replaced by one dude with 15 minutes of free time.

I see this argument all day at work (being a software engineer), and all it signifies to me is that the person complaining has no concept of how this stuff actually works. This link should give you a basic explanation

Frenden

Banned
Armamentarmamentarmamentarmamentarmamentarmamentarium.

I need my fucking second grenade back, please! I'm the only class that doesn't have a double grenade or melee option in any of my trees.
Good one. I miss two lightning nades. Double incendiary nades as a Sunbreaker is potentially naaasty too.

Like I'm apparently in the minority but I'd never have looked that much into it. I know there's reading between the lines but finding disrespect and the insinuation that we're assholes? All I see is we heard the feedback, here's a fix and a joke.

I've been more vocal than most in detailing all the ways I'm disappointed and annoyed by the state of the game but this kind of sensitivity strikes me as petty - though I respect its a perfectly legitimate reaction if you really felt offended to call them out on it.

It's not so much as sensitivity, but if he's going to take this sarcastic tone, then that's just him being damn rude. And that's what we're doing, calling him out for it.

It's like, maybe Deej should stop being sarcastic and actually convey a clear communication to the audience? Yes that's great, we know how many people did ToO. But that's really meaningless to the things people want to know, like why the hell they nerfed weapon parts and their reasoning for it. And don't give us that 'but teh player economy!!!' nonsense.

The wall replacement needs a crane and a lot more planning/workers/people involved. They need to assess whether the roof can still sit on the new wall correctly, if the wall had extra things inside that as well, such as power points or windows. On the other hand, a window can be replaced by one dude with 15 minutes of free time.

I see this argument all day at work (being a software engineer), and all it signifies to me is that the person complaining has no concept of how this stuff actually works. This link should give you a basic explanation

And again, Bungie seems quite capable fixing things like Sunbreaker, Black Spindle, Atheon Falling, Templar falling, etc. etc. in a timely matter. The boss things especially can break much worse but they did it in a timely matter.

Again, you're giving them too much credit. It's ok to say that fixing Quiver obviously isn't a priority. Just like the Black Spindle Hive Disruptor thing wasn't priority, as it was a minuscule thing. Fixing something like Black Spindle though is higher priority because it ruins their whole 'light levelling curve' they intended for the player, getting an easy 310 is apparently more ruinous than fixing a classes ability.

Well double-speed cooldown is like 3/4 as good Kappa

Pfft... like I'm going to not use my hammer as soon as it's up.

And again, Bungie seems quite capable fixing things like Sunbreaker, Black Spindle, Atheon Falling, Templar falling, etc. etc. in a timely matter. The boss things especially can break much worse but they did it in a timely matter.

Wait what?

Aetheon and Templar falling took roughly a month to fix, so did Black Spindle.

Sunbreak was the only quick hotfix and that's probably because it was a bug related to input and not actual complex coding. I've noticed I can still throw an really fast hammer if I squeeze a grenade in between them.

ethomaz

Banned
My first Oryx kill with my Hunter (thanks everybody).

1x 302 NM Scout Rifle
1x 304 NM Hand Canon
1x 314 HM Submachine Gun
1x 319 HM Scout Rifle

Not bad I guess.

inthrall

Again, you're giving them too much credit. It's ok to say that fixing Quiver obviously isn't a priority. Just like the Black Spindle Hive Disruptor thing wasn't priority, as it was a minuscule thing. Fixing something like Black Spindle though is higher priority because it ruins their whole 'light levelling curve' they intended for the player, getting an easy 310 is apparently more ruinous than fixing a classes ability.

You're getting confused between how important a fix is and how easy it is to fix. Just because something got fixed first doesn't mean it was the most important thing to fix

Wait what?

Aetheon and Templar falling took roughly a month to fix, so did Black Spindle.

Sunbreak was the only quick hotfix and that's probably because it was a bug related to input and not actual complex coding. I've noticed I can still throw an really fast hammer if I squeeze a grenade in between them.

Atheon and Templar got fixed timely when they became popular. It's been a good month since the Quiver glitch, and Black Spindle took about a couple weeks because they were giving a 'heads up' to the playerbase.

It's been a while for Quiver. About a month since it was popularized in Iron Banner.

You're getting confused between how important a fix is and how easy it is to fix. Just because something got fixed first doesn't mean it was the most important thing to fix

If Quiver was a top priority, they would've mentioned it in BWU. Black Spindle it felt like it was every week they were saying 'Oh by the way, this is happening soon'.

ori0n378e

So, I have been away for most of the week. Did anything cool happen? Anything I missed?

Any one up for 3 nightfalls in about 10 minutes?

SnakeEyes

Banned
that armory shows more armor than what the blueprint slow allot.

I was disapointed when I found that that even some new Y2 Exotic Armors that have been shown in the armory are no party of TTK
I keep my Y1 Bones on my Hunter still, specifically for KF jump puzzles. There's no reason why there shouldn't have been a Year 2 version from the get-go.

Lnkn52

TIL i cant use NLB

Barrell rolls everywhere!

1177996248653.gif

ethomaz

Banned
I have 2x SMG 314.

Life Leach or Persistence?

I use one of them to infuse my Sleeper Simulant or Dark-Drinker... choices lol

E92 M3

If Bungie made the infusion system 1:1, it would be worlds better. In its current form, we have to maintain a ton of trash for inbetween.

Carbonox

This Calcified Fragment run for the Touch of Malice stuff...

MsBlXTX.gif

I need 15 more but only 6/7 are viable and easily obtainable. The others are based on pure luck and waiting around for shite (primarily the Court of Oryx stuff where I have most of them). Blech.

Did anyone figure out what Fragments XLIII, XLIV and XLV are on https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com? Still Unknown...

Top Bottom