• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

GutZ31

5531 precision damage at only 303 light. Handling is just as fast and good as fatebringer.

Range Finder may make it better than fatebringer in some respects.
Range is extremely important to hand cannon grouping and initial accuracy, so I can see your roll being pretty freaking awesome.

stahp

:(

That sounds good.

Speaking of decently rolled Fatebringer 2.0s

pfBmEDn.png

First time since Trials started that the DDD will not be participating. Feels weird, and its such a shame. The only thing that kept most of the clan playing during HoW.

Amazing BWU as well.

SRTtoZ

So I bought the Digital Day 1 game along with the season pass and never really put much effort into the game and only got to level 10. Lately ive been getting into the game but really didnt want to pay another 40 bucks to be up to date with everything, anwyay I said fuck it and paid so a friend and I could play together and man, ive been having a blast this week. Got myself to 40, starting to get geared, and have only just finished The Dark Below expansion (PVE), so I have a ways to go. I've been dabbling into PVP as well and its really fun chaos. So today is going to be my first day buying from Xur and am pretty excited about that, so I wanted some tips. Should I just buy whatever he has for sale for my class and a weapon? Or should I be really picky with my coins. I think I have around 50 coins and have no idea how I got em (ive since looked up how to obtain said coins) but am really looking forward to buying some exotic weapons. Any tips on how I should be gearing up at level 40 after I finish going through the PVE side of the game (campaign). I know this is a drunk ramble but I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Oh quick edit: Whats the best Warlock subclass going right now? I just about maxed out Voidwalker and I like it a lot but I see Sith lighting in the pipeline and I'm going to try it out a bit. I dabbled into the Solar abilities but its taking forever to level up and only got the basics so I can't comment on that but I really didn't care for the super.

Depends on what he's selling today, some exotics are better than others, so pick wisely.

If he's not selling anything worthwhile, you can just buy 3 of coins and use them to get exotic engrams from ultras.

Sunsinger is great for pve activities like raids, so get that maxed out asap. Sithlord is okay for trash mobs and really good in pvp.

SRTtoZ

Depends on what he's selling today, some exotics are better than others, so pick wisely.

If he's not selling anything worthwhile, you can just buy 3 of coins and use them to get exotic engrams from ultras.

For the coins where should I be farming ultras? Is there a best spot? I watched a few youtube vids and saw that exploit a while ago where you farm the boss from Scourge of Winter but I imagine that doesn't work anymore. Thanks

Another quick edit: For leveling my subclasses like Sunsinger, is the best way just doing Bounties and switching to that spec before I cash them in? Or is there a faster way? Sorry for the info overload its just that this game has a lot to soak in for newer players.

Just for the fun of it I have decided to dust off the Pulse rifles in my vault. I am running out of space so need to start dismantling shit. I dont use Pulse rifles in PVP" Im to attached to my beautiful TLW" but If I ever want to do that I want to use the best Pulse I have.

Which one to keep for PVP ?
I have bolded the perks used.

Hawksaw:
sights: SLO-12/SPO-26/SRO-41
Perk 1: Fitted stock / Casket Mag
Perk 2: Rodeo
Perk 3: Single point sling / Hand laid stock

This one has maxed out stability.

The Villainy:
Sights: RED DOT-OAS / Focus lense FLS2 / Quickdraw IS
Perk 1: Rangefinder
Perk 2: Hand loaded/ Braced frame/ Oiled Frame
Perk 3: Grenadier

maxed out stability. Much better impact and range than the Hawksaw but slower ROF.

Nerwins Mercy:
Sights: RED DOT-OAS/ Ranged lens RLR5/ Truesight IS
Perk 1: outlaw
Perk 2: Perfect balance/Braced frame/ Injection mold
Perk 3: Third Eye

Maxed stability, same stats as The villainy but less Range on the nerwins mercy.

The Villainy seems like the best option, but I kind of hate those damn frames on the sights...

For the coins where should I be farming ultras? Is there a best spot? I watched a few youtube vids and saw that exploit a while ago where you farm the boss from Scourge of Winter but I imagine that doesn't work anymore. Thanks

Another quick edit: For leveling my subclasses like Sunsinger, is the best way just doing Bounties and switching to that spec before I cash them in? Or is there a faster way? Sorry for the info overload its just that this game has a lot to soak in for newer players.

You can farm ultras but it's better to play the strike playlist and use 3oc on the bosses.

There are also a bunch of exotics you can get from quests, like exotic swords, sleeper stimulant, no time to explain, black spindle, tlaloc (warlock), boolean gemini and so on.

Yes that's the fastest way to level up a subclass, helps speed up things if you have a red bull code. I may have a spare one and can give it to you if you want.

SRTtoZ

You can farm ultras but it's better to play the strike playlist and use 3oc on the bosses.

There are also a bunch of exotics you can get from quests, like exotic swords, sleeper stimulant, no time to explain, black spindle, tlaloc (warlock), boolean gemini and so on.

Yes that's the fastest way to level up a subclass, helps speed up things if you have a red bull code. I may have a spare one and can give it to you if you want.

I'd love it! Much appreciated! Thanks for all your help. (PM me on here or OBlastSRT4 on PSN)

Sunsinger all day! Praise the sun.

Sunsinger looks cool as hell but I just didnt know enough about it. I am reading about it now and had no idea Radiance did what it did so I thought it was shit but I seem to be wrong. I thought it somehow made my shooting do more damage but instead makes cooldowns much faster and even has some perks for reviving and shit, so yea I was wrong. I'm gonna get to leveling it later today.

Sunsinger looks cool as hell but I just didnt know enough about it. I am reading about it now and had no idea Radiance did what it did so I thought it was shit but I seem to be wrong. I thought it somehow made my shooting do more damage but instead makes cooldowns much faster and even has some perks for reviving and shit, so yea I was wrong. I'm gonna get to leveling it later today.

All Warlock classes are awesome with the right setup. Voidwalkers with Obsidian Mind and correctly configured for max Energy Drain and shit can straight up keep spamming Nova Bombs all day. I highly doubt any other sub-class in the game can recharge their super as fast as an Obsidian Mind Voidwalker.

Sunsingers are great with max Discipline and Radiant Skin because you're basically an orb-generating machine with your super. I've stopped using Heart of Praxic Fire because Bungie nerfed its weapon-specific perks, but with max Discipline and Heart of Praxic Fire, A Radiant Skin Sunsinger is a monster in both PVE and PVP. A word of advice, though, relying on Fireborn as a Sunsinger can be really crippling to your playstyle, especially in Year 2, where being aggressive is rewarded and turtling is a death sentence in most cases. The only place you should be using Fireborn is during the final Oryx encounter in Heroic King's Fall.

As for Stormcallers, they don't really have any "must-have" exotics (yet), but simply using Transcendence perk makes them the best Add-clearing class in the game alongside Sunbreakers. The added bonus of Health regeneration means that you can be ultra-aggressive and just lay into mobs with swords and when you're about to die, just activate your super and go ham on them again.

Helm of Inmost Light
Celestial Nighthawk
Impossible Machines
Helm engram
Legacy Primary - buy for juju and red death if you didn't get them Y1 and use the kiosk for Y2 version

Xur is tower north, near Eva Levante.

Was hoping another year 2 version of a year one exotic that hasn't been brought forward yet would be sold today, guess that's not to be *shrugs*

Nuszka

It would be a god move on bungies side to offer one new exotic today, seems like another lost opportunity. It might be the first Friday in a very long time that I will not log in.

Oh well, no reason to log in today...

Where are the time gated exotics :(

Theres no reason not to release them, give me my mother fucking bones back

Will try to get a 310 LBN and St14 to complete the collection as I've already got a 310 Skyburners and Nighthawk, the rest of them not arsed about

Helm of Inmost Light
Celestial Nighthawk
Impossible Machines
Helm engram
Legacy Primary - buy for juju and red death if you didn't get them Y1 and use the kiosk for Y2 version

Time to get my Helms up to 310 on all of my three guardians.

EDIT - Time to grind for more Strange coins too. :(
PoE is still best place to grind Strange Coins? If yes, then which level? I'm guessing Level 28.

SRTtoZ

All Warlock classes are awesome with the right setup. Voidwalkers with Obsidian Mind and correctly configured for max Energy Drain and shit can straight up keep spamming Nova Bombs all day. I highly doubt any other sub-class in the game can recharge their super as fast as an Obsidian Mind Voidwalker.

Sunsingers are great with max Discipline and Radiant Skin because you're basically an orb-generating machine with your super. I've stopped using Heart of Praxic Fire because Bungie nerfed its weapon-specific perks, but with max Discipline and Heart of Praxic Fire, A Radiant Skin Sunsinger is a monster in both PVE and PVP. A word of advice, though, relying on Fireborn as a Sunsinger can be really crippling to your playstyle, especially in Year 2, where being aggressive is rewarded and turtling is a death sentence in most cases. The only place you should be using Fireborn is during the final Oryx encounter in Heroic King's Fall.

As for Stormcallers, they don't really have any "must-have" exotics (yet), but simply using Transcendence perk makes them the best Add-clearing class in the game alongside Sunbreakers. The added bonus of Health regeneration means that you can be ultra-aggressive and just lay into mobs with swords and when you're about to die, just activate your super and go ham on them again.

Wow thanks for this.

bitsurugi

First time since Trials started that the DDD will not be participating. Feels weird, and its such a shame. The only thing that kept most of the clan playing during HoW.

Amazing BWU as well.

What did i miss, why you guys won't play Trials? One of my favourite streamers...

EDIT: wow thread is suuuuuuper slow today... guess the Destiny hype from TTK is officially over...

ocean

Banned
What did i miss, why you guys won't play Trials? One of my favourite streamers...

EDIT: wow thread is suuuuuuper slow today... guess the Destiny hype from TTK is officially over...
Lag is the true heart of darkness

Meaning the new matchmaking is shit

Btw at airport gate. Won't be on for a month or so

Let the time gated stuff roll right in while I'm gone! -.-

Lol I'll miss you crazies

bitsurugi

Oh, can't argue that.

Although, i will still miss those laughs of Tears when he warrior shotguns all enemy team, or EJ farming snipe revive kills ^^

Edit: have fun Javier

Not only Trials, we completely stopped with Destiny. We've lost the fun in the game, Trials was just the last nail in the coffin. NFs are not worth it. We don't feel like chasing an extra light in the raid with such a high chance of getting nothing. We played Trials last week, got our flawless x3 or 4 and hurried the hell out of there. The lag was insane, the fights over a large distance are boring, everyone is a sniper pro if you can zoom in and pull the trigger, and finally the loot is absolute crap. Getting a 310 scout rifle at 7 wins and the same 310 scout rifle from the Lighthouse chest. Not worth it.

So basically, we collectively decided that it is time to move on to another game. Personally, I had times where I logged in, hang in orbit and just logged out again.

Oh, can't argue that.

Although, i will still miss those laughs of Tears when he warrior shotguns all enemy team, or EJ farming snipe revive kills ^^

Edit: have fun Javier

Here's a Trials goodbye gift then as you liked the farm :p
It's from Ikkarus' view though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03AAS-FSBKM

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Woke up and checked Xur's stock, nothing for me today.

Going to hop into black ops 3, see you'se later!

Top Bottom