• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

bitsurugi

Not only Trials, we completely stopped with Destiny. We've lost the fun in the game, Trials was just the last nail in the coffin. NFs are not worth it. We don't feel like chasing an extra light in the raid with such a high chance of getting nothing. We played Trials last week, got our flawless x3 or 4 and hurried the hell out of there. The lag was insane, the fights over a large distance are boring, everyone is a sniper pro if you can zoom in and pull the trigger, and finally the loot is absolute crap. Getting a 310 scout rifle at 7 wins and the same 310 scout rifle from the Lighthouse chest. Not worth it.

So basically, we collectively decided that it is time to move on to another game. Personally, I had times where I logged in, hang in orbit and just logged out again.

You guys will be back! Completely understand your reasoning though. 2.0 meta is really really much worse then TLW & Thorn meta. King's fall is great, but Destiny misses new content releases. Remember in old WoW vanilla, they had 2-3 raids at release, then one new every 2 months. Not to mention 5 man or 10 or 20 man activities (smaller then raids).

Destiny has so many strikes, yet i uses less then half on rotation.

It has so many PVP maps, yet it uses so few on rotation.

It has so many weapons, yet so many are useless (even whole archetypes!!!).

It could have so many different bounties, yet we have to kill 50 cabal every 2nd day.

It has so many story missions, yet we have only 1/5 or less on roration.

I could go on for patrol and CoO, but you get the idea...

It has so much potential, yet it is unable to use its full potential.

It's fine to do a break. I guess D2 will be the real test if they learned from the past feedback from the community. Also: it REALLY needs a new engine, i can understand many limitations come from that.

790756.gif

ocean

Banned
http://goo.gl/forms/86NxQgzlKB

Hey DGAF should pitch in here. Good questions and already like 2k results so it's beginning to shape up as a somewhat legitimate overview of what the more hardcore community feels like on several things (Reddit and us probably account for that 1% of the 1% that gets tossed around).

My favorite takeaways:

- Favorite Class results were balanced nearly to 33% a piece
- Favorite Raid shows proper love for the 2 real raids in the game
- best PvP map: community gets it

Things that make me sad:

- Favorite weapon type is nothing but trash

ocean

Banned
Going on holiday? Have fun.
Thanks! Yeah I'm waiting to board.

I'll be in Amsterdam later today and then I'll be going to Tokyo for a while. Space cakes and sushi hype

In all seriousness though: I've been wanting to hit the Van Gogh museum for the longest time, looking forward to this trip :)

bitsurugi

Hey DGAF should pitch in here. Good questions and already like 2k results so it's beginning to shape up as a somewhat legitimate overview of what the more hardcore community feels like on several things (Reddit and us probably account for that 1% of the 1% that gets tossed around).

My favorite takeaways:

Things that make me sad:

Where can you see the results?

I'll be in Amsterdam later today and then I'll be going to Tokyo for a while. Space cakes and sushi hype

In all seriousness though: I've been wanting to hit the Van Gogh museum for the longest time, looking forward to this trip :)

Nice. Meet up with EJ in Holland if you have time, and he's not busy bossing phd students around :p

Japan should be awesome, have been wanting to visit for a while now....hope you have a wonderful trip :)

PS: Australia isn't too far from Japan

I hope you booked the museum in advance, otherwise you might have to wait for an hour or 2 outside. And it's raining :p

But enjoy your holiday!

Nice. Meet up with EJ in Holland if you have time, and he's not busy bossing phd students around :p

Japan should be awesome, have been wanting to visit for a while now....hope you have a wonderful trip :)

No bossing around today, although I have to go to a student's presentation. Still need to brain manipulate Tears into buying a memory card in Japan for me.

Shito

Amsterdam is a really nice town, been there a few times and I loved it.
I don't know if they still have it, but the Van Gogh museum had one of those "resonate with you for who knows why" painting when I went there a few years ago:

R6Uv0I2.jpg

Have a nice time over there! :)

Bradach

Sounds brilliant! I just visualised the Street Fighter II screen with the aeroplane flying across the globe and the announcer saying JAPAAAAAN

ocean

Banned
Where can you see the results?
Once you answer everything and submit it'll give you the option to see previous results

I hope you booked the museum in advance, otherwise you might have to wait for an hour or 2 outside. And it's raining :p

But enjoy your holiday!
Dude if you're in Amaterdam and you're up for having a beer next week when I'm back from Japan PM me your number so I can text you! Real life DGAF is something I've never thought I'd get a chance to do but it could be cool

Ruthless pls Australia is far away from everything. Lol in all seriousness I was going there originally instead of Japan but I planned this too late and couldn't get a a Tourist visa in time, whereas Japan is one of like 5 countries in the world I can travel to without a visa :p

ocean

Banned
Yo btw I'm curious. Share some of your answers! It'd be a pain to share them all here so whatever you feel strongly about :)

PvE class: Defender
PvP class: Gunslinger
PvP map: Shoooorez (Anomaly and Shrine tied close at second)
PvP mode: Skirmish
Weapon type: lol so I really gotta tell ya
Patrol: Cosmodrome, the original place to be
Social space: Reef because the music is GOAT

Dude if you're in Amaterdam and you're up for having a beer next week when I'm back from Japan PM me your number so I can text you! Real life DGAF is something I've never thought I'd get a chance to do but it could be cool

Ruthless pls Australia is far away from everything. Lol in all seriousness I was going there originally instead of Japan but I planned this too late and couldn't get a a Tourist visa in time, whereas Japan is one of like 5 countries in the world I can travel to without a visa :p

Visa on arrival for commonwealth countries. But I'm not there right now, so you made the right decision :)

EJ is a great travel guide. He knows
nothing
about Amsterdam except where to find the wink wink district XD

There is a windmill brewery in Amsterdam that nooblet and I went to, you should definitely check it out. Let me know if you need any tips on sightseeing food etc over there.

Subclasses (PvE)
Nightstalker

Subclasses (PvP)
Gunslinger, but Nightstalker is catching up.

Social Spaces
The Tower during the festival is gorgeous.

Emotes
Thriller, no fucking contest. Wish I could use Sorrow at the same time though.

Planets/Patrol Zones
Cosmodrome is still the best. I like the surface of the moon, the human parts of Mars, and the Ishtar Academy areas of Venus. Don't really care for the Dreadnaught.

Vanilla Public Events
Eliminate Target in Buried City
Devil Walker in the Divide
Warsat at Skywatch
Warsat on the Barrens
Warsat in Archer's Line
Eliminate Target in Rocket Yard
Extraction Crews in Hellmouth

Crucible Maps
Rusted Lands still the GOAT
Shores of Time
Cathedral of Dusk
Firebase Delphi
The Dungeons
Bannerfall
Asylum
Pantheon
Bastion

Crucible Game Types
Skirmish and Clash

Strikes
The Devils’ Lair
Dust Palace
Echo Chamber
The Shadow Thief
Nexus Mind
Undying Mind when shotguns were OP

Raids
Vault of Glass by a landslide.

Cheeses (Historical and Current)
Killing the Templar from the hobgoblin platforms
Loot Cave

Primary Weapon Types
Hand Cannons
Scout Rifles

Special Weapon Types
Sniper Rifles

Heavy Weapon Types
Swords
Rocket Launchers

Year-Two Exotic Weapon Quests
Sleeper Simulant was fun

Exotic Primaries
Ace of Spades

Xur Locations
By the speaker, in front of the big wall because Tower North is amazing

Ghost
Dinklebot E3 > Nolanbot > Dinklebot vanilla

Factions
Dead Orbit Vanilla; New Monarcy in TDB and HOW. FWC in TTK

Year One weapon you miss the most on Year Two
LDR 5001
Vex Mythoclast
Gjallarhorn

Raid "super" item
Running the Relic in the Vault of Glass is still the coolest thing I've done in this game.

DLC
House of Wolves end game; Taken King for everything else.

Shito

EJ is a great travel guide. He knows
nothing
about Amsterdam except where to find the wink wink district XD
You don't need to know nothing to find this district, you usually stumble upon it by accident at least once a day when you are visiting Amsterdam. :D
It seemed to me *every* road lead to it... ^^

GutZ31

Sorry to the guys I was running with earlier for bailing.
It's almost 6:00AM here, and I got plenty sleepy while raiding.
Good work on everyone's part, as most early issues seemed to come from lag, and not user error.

User error started around golgoroth, as my sleepiness started coming on strong.
The sisters was pushing it, but glad I was able to at least help up to that point.

Hope you guys get it done.

Xur selling Legacy Primary. Can those who didn't get a Y1 RD or Juju get it now? Afro needs the Red Death.
Yes.

My favorite takeaways:

Things that make me sad:

The KF aura really is the most boring relic out of the 3. VoG had the light and heavy attack, the air smash attack, could cleanse, block projectiles and you felt like Captain America while using it. What a regression.

Xur selling Legacy Primary. Can those who didn't get a Y1 RD or Juju get it now? Afro needs the Red Death.

Great, more Red Snorefest in trials lol

the_id

Sorry to the guys I was running with earlier for bailing.
It's almost 6:00AM here, and I got plenty sleepy while raiding.
Good work on everyone's part, as most early issues seemed to come from lag, and not user error.

User error started around golgoroth, as my sleepiness started coming on strong.
The sisters was pushing it, but glad I was able to at least help up to that point.

Hope you guys get it done.

Yes.
Thanks for playing guys!

Surprised to see Sunless Cell with such a huge response for Strikes. It's kinda meh to me, don't know why it ranks so high. It has 2 things I hate, a wall/door sealed to stop progress and forcing you to fight off waves of adds, and then a room full of Shriekers.

Surprised to see Sunless Cell with such a huge response for Strikes. It's kinda meh to me, don't know why it ranks so high. It has 2 things I hate, a wall/door sealed to stop progress and forcing you to fight off waves of adds, and then a room full of Shriekers.

I like it for the scenery. The fights aren't really that interesting though so I should probably take it off my list.

deadduck

I dislike the boring fights in really obvious stages. I find the Shield Brothers much more fun.

willow ve

So I started late on this festival event (mid-terms) How do I get more masks? I want that flaming skull.

I hope not, I hated it in year 1.
Flaming skull comes from two places.

A. You got lucky and it was in your first free package.
B. You roll the dice, pay for more packages with silver (aka real money), and hope it drops from there quickly.

As far as I know there's no way to grind it for free.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm confused about legacy engrams. I have all available apart from Red Death in year 2 but in year 1 most are undiscovered.

So will it give me a chance for Red Death or still be any of the year 1 weapons I didn't get even though I have the year 2 version.

I don't wanna waste coins if it gives me higher chances for year 1 weapons I already got in year 2.

FyreWulff

I'm confused about legacy engrams. I have all available apart from Red Death in year 2 but in year 1 most are undiscovered.

So will it give me a chance for Red Death or still be any of the year 1 weapons I didn't get even though I have the year 2 version.

I don't wanna waste coins if it gives me higher chances for year 1 weapons I already got in year 2.

It can give you any year 1 undiscovered weapon, so yes, getting Y1 red death off it is a lower chance for you

Mupod

cmon Xur, sell me a legacy primary engram when I wake up in the morning. Helmet engram would be ok too.

FUCK YEAH!

Is what I said before my 93 strange coins turned into every primary weapon I didn't have, that aren't Red Death. God dammit.

TP-DK

My favorite takeaways:

Things that make me sad:

Wtf why did so many vote for Twilight Gap. Destiny players have no taste confirmed.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Waste of strange coins. I got three 290 The Stags. Couldn't even use for infusion. Time to grind for coins now.

I've never cleared that shreiker room. Even with void burn on NF it's skipable.

Liamc723

Yeah, I think I'm burnt out on Destiny now. There's nothing really for me to do until the weekly reset, and so I may just relegate the game to something I just play on Tuesdays for a nightfall and a raid.

I'll come back heavily when the next expansion is out, but at least there's more time for different games now!

Top Bottom