• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

RickD

I've found quite a good way of using 3 of coins

Get to the end of caydes stash, the boss is an ultra. So will drop am engram. Don't scan the box and go to orbit. When you go back to the mission it will start straight at the boss spawn.

I go do other stuff with a 3oc active then after a while will go back kill the shade and see if an engram drops. Seems to drop one quite often.
It's quicker than other things I've tried and you don't have to make sure you go to orbit before a certain time like gate lord

Mupod

hopefully I can actually find people to do nightfalls with tonight, didn't really get any responses at all last night. Also I hope I get nothing but strange coins because the legacy engram trolled the fuck out of me (as expected) giving me every gun except the one I wanted. But I'll surely get my Red Death from the next one if it's the only thing I don't have yet right?

hopefully I can actually find people to do nightfalls with tonight, didn't really get any responses at all last night. Also I hope I get nothing but strange coins because the legacy engram trolled the fuck out of me (as expected) giving me every gun except the one I wanted. But I'll surely get my Red Death from the next one if it's the only thing I don't have yet right?

I've heard of people getting the same thing back to back but it seems like it's heavily weighed towards stuff you don't have. I got all the elder cipher weapons last week or the week before

void666

Banned
Late nightfall rant.

Rewards:

19 strange coins
306 ghost
292 shotgun

It still feels like losing.

You know, i don't mind the shitty rewards. I'm used to it.
But i do miss the rep and boost and the blue flames.
I'd honestly choose Y1 nightfall over Y2 in a heartbeat.

Jabronium

Yeah. I sorely miss the rep boost. I was considering grinding this week's for a bit in hopes for a good Treads Upon Stars, but I don't want it that badly.

GorillaJu

The problem with Y1 nightfall is obvious. People only do them on the first day of hte weekly reset. It's gotta be hell trying to find groups 4-5 days in and the usefulness diminishes by the day.

Rubenov

Late nightfall rant.

Rewards:

19 strange coins
306 ghost
292 shotgun

It still feels like losing.

You know, i don't mind the shitty rewards. I'm used to it.

I still don't know their reasoning behind taking away the rep buff and the flames. More bad than good.

ocean

Banned
The problem with Y1 nightfall is obvious. People only do them on the first day of hte weekly reset. It's gotta be hell trying to find groups 4-5 days in and the usefulness diminishes by the day.
It is significantly preferable to have an activity so attractive people wanna do it first thing at reset than an activity so completely and absolutely useless for endgame users that it's just never worth running at all. Right now NF only makes sense if you're somewhere between 270 and 305 and have few exotics and Legendaries (which lets be honest 3oC and vendors took care of a long time ago).

Landed in NL, vacations begun!

GorillaJu

It is significantly preferable to have an activity so attractive people wanna do it first thing at reset than an activity so completely and absolutely useless for endgame users that it's just never worth running at all. Right now NF only makes sense if you're somewhere between 270 and 305 and have few exotics and Legendaries (which lets be honest 3oC and vendors took care of a long time ago).

neither is ideal, but I'd take Y2 over Y1 because it's just stupid to have a week long buff available after a single activity. It's always going to be lopsided and frustrating for anyone who isn't around for reset.

Afrocious

Nightfall has been good to me recently, but I miss rep and bonus XP.

Where's Xur and what's he got?

neither is ideal, but I'd take Y2 over Y1 because it's just stupid to have a week long buff available after a single activity. It's always going to be lopsided and frustrating for anyone who isn't around for reset.

Lopsided? You're just getting 10% more XP and one time rep...

Shito

Nah, Y1 version was best. Even as someone who was not always around at reset, it was easy enough to find people on DGAF wanted to run the nightfall even on Saturday or Sunday, because nobody wanted to miss it ever.
Now it's hell to find someone who wants to run it outside of the few hardcores, who still do them at reset anyways. ^^

The obvious alternative is completing the nightfall gives the player a buff that lasts for 5-7 days and just doesn't go away on reset.

Number45

Next time it comes around I'll be happy to walk people through finding the ghosts, but I'm not sure I'll be able to easily find that route to the jumping puzzle again. Why so dark? :(

That Hand Cannon Accuracy though

Bungie
https://vid.me/8dco

Please
https://vid.me/aN0m

tumblr_m72jfhZibL1rsy50k.gif
Ugh, I thought it was me / lag when this kind of thing happens. I love using the Hawkmoon so much, but I think I'll stick to something else in future.

I've never cleared that shreiker room. Even with void burn on NF it's skipable.

Exactly. Shriekers are a terrible enemy type. Kill one and you have to run and hide from a tracking exploding deathball. A room full of them is not interesting or fun. Just run past them and trivialize the whole encounter.

flkraven

Heck, I'd be fine if the Nightfall only rewarded 15-19 strange coins per run. Better than the random legendary shit I get 99% of the time.

Shiv47

So if we are missing too many Y1 primaries to make the legacy engram from Xur a decent gamble for Red Death, is grinding Crota the best way to potentially make it drop?

Deku Tree

This is what happened to me yesterday doing the KF HM raid from Totems.

Jumped into a GAF PUG group at about 8:30am. A new player at 295 was with us who had never done the KF raid before, not even NM. After a few wipes I had to deal with RL for a bit and jumped out and then the new player quit. Then 10 minutes later I jumped back in... a lot of wipes continued particularly on WP and then Golgi. On Golgi the group tried the "in wall" gaze holder cheese a few times, before going back to the normal one gaze strat... we wiped numerous times particularly at the end during the taken phase... our add clearer wasn't able to clear the taken adds, and people kept forgetting to notice that they had the stink and blowing us all up... By 10:30am our fire team leader took us to orbit and everybody jumped out (rage quit?)... so we didn't get past golgi.

Then at around 9pm I posted on DestinyLFG.com because I wanted to start at Golgi and I thought it would be hard to get a GAF group that wanted to start there... As usual (since I am high level, I have experience, and I have all the OP weapons) I got spammed with invites instantly... and I jumped into the first group. Turns out this was a "no cheese" group and we sailed through Golgi and daughters with very few wipes... I even learned a few tricks from this group that I didn't know before... (like if you don't want to get spun around then slam the daughter while you are facing away from her and then you never get spun around.) Then we beat Oryx using the kill everything "no cheese" titan bubble strategy after 3-4 wipes. I didn't need loot from Oryx but the group was so legit that I wanted to stick around and help them out.

git gud DGAF!

seriously I feel like it's pretty hard to get together a good KF HM PUG group on DGAF recently. DGAF has a lot of really fantastic OP 1% of the 1% players... but most (or almost all?) of them are by now in a regular clan or almost exclusively play with their regular group... nothing wrong with that and I also have a regular group (clan WIPE) that I like to play with... Destiny is all about playing with friends that you have made too... that's when it's the most fun... but it does feel like most of the PUG groups on GAF are too often a wipe festival doing HM KF because it requires such precise execution and requires most or all of your group to stay alive.

Jumped into a GAF PUG group at about 8:30am. A new player at 295 was with us who had never done the KF raid before, not even NM.............

Yeah, I was actually kinda surprised how many times we failed seeing as how I was the lowest light level in the group and I was 309. That was the first time I've had so much trouble with anything other than Oryx with a DGAF group. Maybe everyone was having an off day? :/

As for calling the alt. strategy at Oryx "a cheese", I'll fight anyone who says that. There is literally no cheese there and in fact, I feel that it requires a lot more coordination and teamwork than the legit way of killing everything.

E92 M3

Jumped into a GAF PUG group at about 8:30am. A new player at 295 was with us who had never done the KF raid before, not even NM. After a few wipes I had to deal with RL for a bit and jumped out and then the new player quit. Then 10 minutes later I jumped back in... a lot of wipes continued particularly on WP and then Golgi. On Golgi the group tried the "in wall" gaze holder cheese a few times, before going back to the normal one gaze strat... we wiped numerous times particularly at the end during the taken phase... our add clearer wasn't able to clear the taken adds, and people kept forgetting to notice that they had the stink and blowing us all up... By 10:30am our fire team leader took us to orbit and everybody jumped out (rage quit?)... so we didn't get past golgi.

Then at around 9pm I posted on DestinyLFG.com because I wanted to start at Golgi and I thought it would be hard to get a GAF group that wanted to start there... As usual (since I am high level, I have experience, and I have all the OP weapons) I got spammed with invites instantly... and I jumped into the first group. Turns out this was a "no cheese" group and we sailed through Golgi and daughters with very few wipes... I even learned a few tricks from this group that I didn't know before... (like if you don't want to get spun around then slam the daughter while you are facing away from her and then you never get spun around.) Then we beat Oryx using the kill everything "no cheese" titan bubble strategy after 3-4 wipes. I didn't need loot from Oryx but the group was so legit that I wanted to stick around and help them out.

git gud DGAF!

seriously I feel like it's pretty hard to get together a good KF HM PUG group on DGAF recently. DGAF has a lot of really fantastic OP 1% of the 1% players... but most (or almost all?) of them are by now in a regular clan or almost exclusively play with their regular group... nothing wrong with that and I also have a regular group (clan WIPE) that I like to play with... Destiny is all about playing with friends that you have made too... that's when it's the most fun... but it does feel like most of the PUG groups on GAF are too often a wipe festival doing HM KF because it requires such precise execution and requires most or all of your group to stay alive.

HM requires a lot of multitasking and quick decision making. Unfortunately, most people are used to only doing one task without modification. I think Crota raid really spoiled many with that. King's Fall is really demanding of the whole team. In most instances, one death is enough to cause a wipe.

WooWee is it SLOW up in HUR today. Just wanted to say if anyone is running Trials tonight I'll be around looking for flawless.

I'll be on around 5:30PM CST

Hopefully everyone hasn't left for BLOPS3 yet...maybe?

git gud DGAF!

I feel like people have forgotten how to do Oryx now that the alt strategy, which I now feel is completely inferior to just killing the ogres and knights method, has become the standard. Way too many groups getting hung up there now.

ethomaz

Banned

Maybe I'm lucky.

I have serious language issues and the last three Oryx HM kill was with groups I never playerd before.

Yesterday night it was one with guys I guess never played before from DGAF and it worked pretty well... few wipes to kill Oryx.

To be fair I never have problems with DestinyLFG too.

BTW the Oryx strategy is not cheese... c'mon... it is legit like any other strategy.

HM requires a lot of multitasking and quick decision making. Unfortunately, most people are used to only doing one task without modification. I think Crota raid really spoiled many with that. King's Fall is really demanding of the whole team. In most instances, one death is enough to cause a wipe.

While I don't necessarily disagree with this statement, our group had all members over 311 (except me). So, I'm not sure how this applies to them, seeing as how people with such a high light level have to have cleared the raid at least a few times and I can't see them racking up all those kills without accumulating at least a basic level of understanding of the mechanics and how to adapt to them.

I will say that it was surprising to see no one in the group had experience taking the gaze or being the spotter for Warpriest, but neither of those tasks demand particularly quick decision making. I spotted for the first time at WP and it wasn't particularly taxing. I've only been the gazer once (didn't take the gaze in this case though), but shadestep makes it trivial too.

From what I saw, most of the deaths were due to error in judgement and not due to lack of understanding or people being unable to multitask. Quite possibly, most of the people in the group were having an off day.

Kyoufu

I feel like people have forgotten how to do Oryx now that the alt strategy, which I now feel is completely inferior to just killing the ogres and knights method, has become the standard. Way too many groups getting hung up there now.

Are there any videos of the regular strategy for Oryx HM? I can only find the alternate one on YouTube.

flkraven

I even learned a few tricks from this group that I didn't know before... (like if you don't want to get spun around then slam the daughter while you are facing away from her and then you never get spun around.)

This is also a good thing to do when running relic on Oryx. Turn around right before slamming the vessel so you are aiming back at the center rather than pointed where Oryx spawns.

git gud DGAF!

I was with you in the first group. Things just did't work out. I don't know if the leader rage quit or not, people said something about getting back to work. No point in sticking around after that.
The wall cheese is legit, tried it for a third time yesterday with my regular group and had no problems.
I guess not every rando hard raid can be a success. Total strangers trying to work together for the first time with no revives.

Are there any videos of the regular strategy for Oryx HM? I can only find the alternate one on YouTube.

There must be. I keep meaning to capture a kill so I can post it as a guide for people, but I forget every time.

It's basically the normal mode strategy except what our group usually does is have 2 permanent floaters, the runner, and then the 3 platform people who are each assigned a number, 1-3. 1 always goes to the platform Oryx slams, 2 to the 2nd, 3 to the 3rd. That way the floaters are always the same. The floaters put up a blessing of light bubble and use touch of malice to melt the ogres as they come up. Platform people are responsible for their knight that spawns opposite them. One of the floaters will need to take care of the 4th knight since there isn't a platform person there. Otherwise, it's the same as normal strategy.

Edit: What flkraven said below

flkraven

I can't search for videos at work, but I typed up what I like to do in the other thread:

Here is the strategy we used for HM Oryx, and I don't understand how the no-knights strat is better or safer:

1) 2 Titans are floaters, standing in between the daughters platforms on the ground. Pop a bubble with blessing just before Oryx slams, and shred all 4 Ogres with ToM

2) The 3 people on platforms help with their Ogre, but mainly take down their Knight that spawns

3) The second the relic runner has the relic, everyone runs to the middle Titan bubble and just waits for the immunity to get to you. Take no risks. Just wait.

4) Once the relic runner has slammed and gotten to the center, 5 people focus the yellow bar knight, while the 6th person takes down the last red bar knight that was left (in this case, it was a golden-gun hunter that took him down). Tethers and supers also help on the yellow bar.

5) Stagger Oryx. (5 people should be able to stagger him if the 6th is still trying to drop the red bar knight

6) After stagger, spend 10-15 seconds clearing adds.

7) Run to bombs, but try to countdown so everyone enters them simultaneously.

8) rinse and repeat.

I guess not every rando hard raid can be a success. Total strangers trying to work together for the first time with no revives.

That says it all, right there.

Btw, I still need one Heroic from Golgi and one more Heroic Oryx Kill, so I'll login tomorrow morning, but the pace at which this thread is moving, I'm guessing I'll have to go to LFG.

Are people really finding they need to find a spot where the orbs can't get to them for Golgoroth? Just stare at his chest and shoot the orbs as they come out.

The problem I find when I'm not in my normal group is that I'm used to running things a certain way and with a PUG that just doesn't happen.

Blessing bubble in middle strat at Oryx is so much easier than the no knight one for me and it's less boring. I never want to have to do no knight again, it's more boring than totems.

Afrocious

git gud DGAF!

Firstly, wow @ getting a good DestinyLFG group. I've only heard horror stories about that site.

Secondly, I agree - pugs on GAF have gotten kinda poor in execution as of late. I've seen too many folks die from silly things, and as time passes in the raid after several wipes, I end up dying from silly things soon (like fall damage after getting the relic when torn between dimensions ugh...).

At the moment, my regular folks are Nami, Figs, and Breezy. I'd like two other people but Math has work to deal with and Twilight Gap is Twilight Gap.

flkraven

I was with you in the first group. Things just did't work out. I don't know if the leader rage quit or not, people said something about getting back to work. No point in sticking around after that.
The wall cheese is legit, tried it for a third time yesterday with my regular group and had no problems.

I've never heard of this wall cheese, but how is it legit and why is it needed? I've never had a problem at Golgi with the standard 1 bubble strat (worst case scenario group wipes 2 or 3 times), and I haven't heard of people having trouble with him outside of day 1. Why try cheesing now?

Top Bottom