• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Was raiding with my 13 yr old nephew last night. He didn't get passed golgy before. Well on the daughters, he got torn 3 times and he didn't even know what to do and he did it all 3 times successfully. Proud uncle!

K_B

If anyone needs a 6th for a normal mode raid. I've only done it once with my cousin guiding me through it, so I'm not an expert. I'm a 295 Titan. PSN: kbizzle724 (awful name I know).

Bogeypop

Trials of Orsis: Return of the Fellowship of the Jedi King's Two Tower Empire V

Who's up for some Trials attempting to get to Mercury?

JonCha

If anyone needs a 6th for a normal mode raid. I've only done it once with my cousin guiding me through it, so I'm not an expert. I'm a 295 Titan. PSN: kbizzle724 (awful name I know).

I'm trying to get a group together for a normal mode raid tonight in about 2/3 hours. If you're around during that time I'll put you tentatively on my roster, so it'd look like this:

1. itsjoncharles
2. kbizzle724

Anyone up to play trials for a little while? Mostly to do the bounties, but if we win then that's cool too. No expectations chill run. Really just want to work my way towards the gold tier package.

psn robertlebrone

Was raiding with my 13 yr old nephew last night. He didn't get passed golgy before. Well on the daughters, he got torn 3 times and he didn't even know what to do and he did it all 3 times successfully. Proud uncle!

Damn. I've seen experienced people clam up and drop the ball on that part. Definitely teaching your nephew well.

Nicodemic

I'm trying to get a group together for a normal mode raid tonight in about 2/3 hours. If you're around during that time I'll put you tentatively on my roster, so it'd look like this:

1. itsjoncharles
2. kbizzle724

Can I be on the list?

PSN: Nicodemic

JonCha

Anyone wanna raid?

Need a HM Oryx... Need NM for the 310 artifact also, have both CPs

Can I be on the list?

PSN: Nicodemic

Sure, I'll add you. I don't mind whether you have or not done it before but as long as we have a general idea. Could do with a person or two with experience that's ran it multiple times.

Jay, do you still want in?

Current list looks like this for the normal mode KF. Looking to start 2-2.5 hours from now:

1. itsjoncharles
2. kbizzle724 (still need confirmation)
3. Nicodemic

Defuser

Man, I like Trials Ingward lamp scout rifle. It's basically a HoW's Deadshot luna which I have been searching for a replacement in TTK. The fact it's full auto + fast rate means it's better than auto rifles.

Sure, I'll add you. I don't mind whether you have or not done it before but as long as we have a general idea. Could do with a person or two with experience that's ran it multiple times.

Current list looks like this for the normal mode KF. Looking to start 2-2.5 hours from now:

1. itsjoncharles
3. Nicodemic

Hey thx, I'm not sure I'll be on then have about 1.5 hours now and the late night.

K_B

1. itsjoncharles
2. kbizzle724

I'll be around until 7pm EST. If you think we can get it done, I'm down. I just don't want to be a person that has to leave mid-raid.

ocean

Banned
Mercury shouldn't be out of reach to 99% of the community. The bounties are great but they don't excuse that over site.

Also the rewards are kindof crap besides the lighthouse. Everything is normal mode raid quality unless you totally luck out.

In the time my 9-0 run took I could have run hard mode raid from start to finish. I'd be more ready to agree if the rewards reliably dropped hard mode quality gear.
This game is easy and this is the only thing that rewards skill as opposed to grind. I think it's important.

You can get all the Trials weapons and full armor sets without a flawless streak. Let those who are skilled enough to go flawless get a little something in recognition of that. I think the game needs tons more of stuff like that.

If you do a flawless or solo raid, or even a NF, that kind of stuff should be rewarded.

LTWood12

Anyone up to play trials for a little while? Mostly to do the bounties, but if we win then that's cool too. No expectations chill run. Really just want to work my way towards the gold tier package.

psn robertlebrone
Hoping to be on in a little while. If so I'll check in w/ you.

psn robertlebrone
I haven't played trials yet and I'm definitely not super amazing at pvp, but I would love to play just for fun also. I should be on in a little while, so if you want to run later let me know.

Psn: minimumhippo

Also, how is Ace of Spades in pvp? I like using it for bounties but have yet to use it against other players. I have the IB pulse also but, eh, I really don't find pulse rifles all that fun to use.

Kyoufu

psn robertlebrone

I wanna do it just for that gold package bounty. If there's room let me know.

JonCha

Hey thx, I'm not sure I'll be on then have about 1.5 hours now and the late night.

I'll keep you on reserve then to avoid messing things up if it goes ahead.

I'll be around until 7pm EST. If you think we can get it done, I'm down. I just don't want to be a person that has to leave mid-raid.

That's 11pm my time. With an experienced group we can get through the raid in a couple of hours. At the moment we don't have many takers though!

Bogeypop

Need a new group for Trials with hopes of Mercury. Last group had to take an hour break for dinner after a single match lol

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Is there a popular app for raid groups? Someone mentioned it last night, said he didn't use the community section on PS4. Is there some optimal way of finding people?

Is there a popular app for raid groups? Someone mentioned it last night, said he didn't use the community section on PS4. Is there some optimal way of finding people?

Not that I know of. Theres Destinylfg. maybe thats what people mean.
I personally dont look for raid people outsie of this thread. I just post on here and hope people will respond. If they dont then I just dont raid.

GutZ31

Hey all, I haven't played since the launch, but I'n thinking about getting back into it. Can I just buy the TTK box that comes with all of the dlc and just pick up where I left off? I've heard something about that not working, so I want to make sure. Thanks for the help.

If you have just destiny the game, you are best off buying a new copy and selling your vanilla disk.
The Taken King is $40 by its self, but only if you have Destiny, The Dark Below, and House of Wolves DLC already.
That means you would have to spend $35 for the 2 expansions (TDB and HoW), then another $40 to play TTK.
$75 is rediculous to be spending all at once just to get back in the game in my opinion.

If you buy the game with all the expansions and DLC, it will cost around $60.
After you sell your copy(if you bought disk based), you could save/get back $15 at a game store, or Best buy for trade in.

Is the Alchemist Raiment the equivalent of Ruin Wings for Warlocks?

Kind of, but not really. Every ammo box drop will give you more ammo than usual and you can hold more ammo than usual as well. It doesnt make it so ammo boxes drop more often. As far as I know.

KZObsessed

1. itsjoncharles
3. Nicodemic

Would I be able to join? Not experienced tho, only done up to golgoroth. 298 warlock.

FFObsessed

Desperate to get to LL 300.

JonCha

Would I be able to join? Not experienced tho, only done up to golgoroth. 298 warlock.

FFObsessed

Desperate to get to LL 300.

Of course (even I have no idea what FFObsessed means ...).

Current list looks like this. We're looking to start in a NM raid around 1.5-2 hours from now:

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic

Reserve:

kbizzle724

Top Bottom