• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

KZObsessed

Of course (even I have no idea what FFObsessed means ...).

Current list looks like this. We're looking to start in around 1.5-2 hours from now:

1. itsjoncharles
2. KZObsessed
3. Nicodemic

Reserve:

kbizzle724

Ffobsessed is my psn ID lol

Probably should have specified that.

If they really wanted to stop carries why didn't they move all those who have been to Mercury that weekend on that character into a different player pool for matchmaking?

That way the best players get to Mercury first. But then with enough time and perseverance the more average players can get there.

To make it fair I would say have the final boss fight be someone from that pool having already been to Mercury.

It seems a lot fairer than everything else they've done with trials

EL CUCO

Kind of, but not really. Every ammo box drop will give you more ammo than usual and you can hold more ammo than usual as well. It doesnt make it so ammo boxes drop more often. As far as I know.
Aww, the description says "Increased amount of Heavy/Special ammo drops" I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't work like Ruin wings (sometimes) do.

anx10us

Banned
Of course (even I have no idea what FFObsessed means ...).

Current list looks like this. We're looking to start in a NM raid around 1.5-2 hours from now:

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic

Reserve:

kbizzle724

9:00pm GMT works for me ..

psn aanx10uss 305 Hunter, completed a number of times, also very patient ;-)

Kyne

Reminder of the newbie raid for tonight! It'll be in around 7 hours and 15 minutes. Please let me know if you can't make it.

Party invites will go out about 10 minutes prior to the event.

The Team:
1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. Kyban (newbie)
4. rockxstar89 (newbie)
5. marchcaraxeu (newbie)
6. Ayjis (newbie)
Alternates:
7. Jerky (newbie)
8. Free Spot

~~~
Requirements:
-PS4
-Microphone
-Light level 290+
-5-6 hours of availability (this is usually the normal duration of a newbie raid)
-Patience
-Friendliness
-A Positive Attitude
~~~

deafmedal

Haven't heard back from deafmedal1, anyone else interested in fresh HM raid?

Sry about that, waited about 15 min for a thread reply, saw you were running the raid and ran off to play Crucible with phantom... didn't check the thread after that and didn't wanna ditch phantom when y'all sent invite :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I want new trials shader and ghost.

Anybody know what the ship looks like? Is it the same color palette crap?

I can hang out for a little bit if you want to try to put together a quick group.

I will probably need to depart in 20-30 minutes though.
Doesn't look like there is enough for now. No worries will be checking the the thread later today to see if there is

JonCha

9:00pm GMT works for me ..

psn aanx10uss 305 Hunter, completed a number of times, also very patient ;-)

Thanks, I'll add you to the list. I'm in the UK too so I didn't want to start later than that really.

Fellow gaffer thuway wants in as well if that's OK. Psn name the same. I think he's done it at least once before.

Thanks, will add.

Current list:

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic
4. aanx10uss
5. thuway

That's a very interesting idea talked about earlier.

Here's my addition:

Trials should basically have ranking and keep track of how many flawless runs you've done on your account as a whole.

That way if you have 1 total flawless you'll go against another team with 1. It can do the average of the fireteam if people have different flawless accounts.

I ran into a few teams that already went flawless yesterday that dominated especially with their trials scouts. It needs to be more Balanced.

With the above system, you can then have "rewards" tiers. Flawless wins 0, 1-5, 6-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. With each tier you can earn better rewards (debatable and maybe can be just strange coins and motes or something). That way teams that aren't as good can eventually get up there because they're facing teams struggling to get to that next teir.

Either way, at least some form of Flawless history to matchmake against similar average flawless.

I'd rather have that system than matching against similar cards because cards alone doesn't mean as much.

JonCha

I'll be around until 7pm EST. If you think we can get it done, I'm down. I just don't want to be a person that has to leave mid-raid.

Hey, are you alright with me putting you on reserve due to the time limits? I'm hoping with the experienced group we're forming we'll be done in a couple of hours but you never know, we could go over a bit.

ocean

Banned
That's a very interesting idea talked about earlier.

Here's my addition:

Trials should basically have ranking and keep track of how many flawless runs you've done on your account as a whole.

That way if you have 1 total flawless you'll go against another team with 1. It can do the average of the fireteam if people have different flawless accounts.

I ran into a few teams that already went flawless yesterday that dominated especially with their trials scouts. It needs to be more Balanced.

With the above system, you can then have tiers. 0, 1-5, 6-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. With each tier you can earn better rewards (debatable and maybe can be just strange coins and motes or something). That way teams that aren't as good can eventually get up there because they're facing teams struggling to get to that next teir.

Either way, at least some form of Flawless history to matchmake against similar average flawless.

I'd rather have that system than matching against similar cards because cards alone doesn't mean as much.
I don't think the population is large enough to have such a specific filter without matchmaking terrible distant and laggy lobbies or introducing super slow matchmaking.

The current system is a good compromise between competitiveness and a wide enough net that matchmaking can still find you a reasonable ping lobby most of the time.

So I got randomly picked to be Nghtly's first Trials carry for the day... man that was an experience. First ever trip to the Lighthouse for me, I got the auto rifle, 314 with persistence and rangefinder. Dunno how useful it will be.

Dalek

I'm dumb when it comes to weapon perks. What are the best perks by weapon? I don't think my 1000 Yard Stare is ideal with Triple Tap and Hidden Hand.

I don't think the population is large enough to have such a specific filter without matchmaking terrible distant and laggy lobbies or introducing super slow matchmaking.

The current system is a good compromise between competitiveness and a wide enough net that matchmaking can still find you a reasonable ping lobby most of the time.

It's a system so it'll attempt to do what makes sense first and go down the list. Everything basically has a weighted priority. Much better than what it is now.

So I got randomly picked to be Nghtly's first Trials carry for the day... man that was an experience. First ever trip to the Lighthouse for me, I got the auto rifle, 314 with persistence and rangefinder. Dunno how useful it will be.

I hope Bungie sees this. People are still getting carried. All the new MM did was mess with folks who are above average PVP players who actually went flawless on their own. They need to go back to the old system. No one complained about it.

K_B

Hey, are you alright with me putting you on reserve due to the time limits? I'm hoping with the experienced group we're forming we'll be done in a couple of hours but you never know, we could go over a bit.

Yeah absolutely stick me on reserve, no problem!

ocean

Banned
I hope Bungie sees this. People are still getting carried. All the new MM did was mess with folks who are above average PVP players who actually went flawless on their own. They need to go back to the old system. No one complained about it.
Pretty sure they won't go back. The current system makes Silver / Gold tiers something anyone can get, whereas it was impossible for many before. It also makes Mercury more prestigious. I think it better aligns with the Trials concept this way.

Easier to get armor / weapons, harder to get the exclusive Adept stuff and emblems (which Honestly are more trophies than truly attractive gear from a stats perspective since it's basically the same as gold / 5-7 win rewards).

JonCha

Yeah absolutely stick me on reserve, no problem!

Cool, thanks. So as a reminder this is how the roster for the NM KF's raid stands, starting 1.20 hours from now:

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic
4. aanx10uss
5. thuway

Reserve:

kbizzle

MrDaravon

If they really wanted to stop carries why didn't they move all those who have been to Mercury that weekend on that character into a different player pool for matchmaking?

That way the best players get to Mercury first. But then with enough time and perseverance the more average players can get there.

To make it fair I would say have the final boss fight be someone from that pool having already been to Mercury.

It seems a lot fairer than everything else they've done with trials

This is an interesting idea. As someone who is average at best in PvP all the current changes have done is ensure I'm not touching Trials. On the flipside even though it would drive me crazy personally I don't think it's a bad thing that there are things gated behind skill walls, whether it be PvE (HM KF) or PvP (Trials). It's a weird problem to solve, I don't know that what they're doing now is any better or worse than it was before though.

My friend of a friend raised his rates for carries due to how Bungie has said publicly on how Trials matchmaking works now. Dude is making even more bank now. Actually kinda jealous lol. Wish I was good enough at games to make money doing it :(

Pretty sure they won't go back. The current system makes Silver / Gold tiers something anyone can get, whereas it was impossible for many before. It also makes Mercury more prestigious. I think it better aligns with the Trials concept this way.

Easier to get armor / weapons, harder to get the exclusive Adept stuff and emblems (which Honestly are more trophies than truly attractive gear from a stats perspective since it's basically the same as gold / 5-7 win rewards).

The silver and gold tier changes are fine. However, they specifically stated they didn't want people getting carried. People are getting carried. The new system has failed and only makes it harder everyone else. I am 100% for people seeing and doing everything in Destiny regardless of skill level.

I really enjoyed ToO in HoW. I went flawless last night in the new system and hated it.

spyder_ur

Did no acquit myself well with Drizz and Wicked - thanks anyways dudes. Connections shoddy all over the place including my own. They should reconsider not prioritizing connections, IMO.

If you have just destiny the game, you are best off buying a new copy and selling your vanilla disk.
The Taken King is $40 by its self, but only if you have Destiny, The Dark Below, and House of Wolves DLC already.
That means you would have to spend $35 for the 2 expansions (TDB and HoW), then another $40 to play TTK.
$75 is rediculous to be spending all at once just to get back in the game in my opinion.

If you buy the game with all the expansions and DLC, it will cost around $60.
After you sell your copy(if you bought disk based), you could save/get back $15 at a game store, or Best buy for trade in.

Solid advice. Thanks so much man.

Top Bottom