• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I hope Bungie sees this. People are still getting carried. All the new MM did was mess with folks who are above average PVP players who actually went flawless on their own. They need to go back to the old system. No one complained about it.

I'm obviously biased since I've already admitted to being carried, but Bungie was simply looking for a way to make it as competitive as possible without drastically increasing matchmaking times. But to be honest, people like Nghtly and his clanmembers are among the best PvPers in the world, which is going to make it incredibly hard to stop carrying altogether if 2 of them can still beat very good teams with someone who is dead weight.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are decent, like placing everyone who has been to The Lighthouse in a separate matchmaking pool. But unless they flat-out stop people from playing more ToO once they have gone flawless, people that are good enough that are interested in carrying will find a way to do it.

bitsurugi

Wow those were easily some of the laggiest consecutive Trials games I've ever played. That was like vintage Iron Lagger style. Gross.

And this is on week1, when everyone plays it.

Can't immagine the horror in a month or so, when less then half ppl of nowadays will play, generally speaking.

I'm obviously biased since I've already admitted to being carried, but Bungie was simply looking for a way to make it as competitive as possible without drastically increasing matchmaking times. But to be honest, people like Nghtly and his clanmembers are among the best PvPers in the world, which is going to make it incredibly hard to stop carrying altogether if 2 of them can still beat very good teams with someone who is dead weight.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are decent, like placing everyone who has been to The Lighthouse in a separate matchmaking pool. But unless they flat-out stop people from playing more ToO once they have gone flawless, people that are good enough that are interested in carrying will find a way to do it.

I also just want to say I was not trying to single or call you out whatsoever. I am just a frustrated player and wanted to use your post as means to start a discussion :)

I want to go to the lighthouse as frequently as I did in HoW and 2.0 weapons/Trials MM changing is making that outlook seem very bleak despite my skill level.

Anyone got room in a trials group? I just want 2 more matches for the gold tier bounty then I can step out and make room for someone else if needed.

Gotta say I like the way this new trials works 1000x better than the previous one.

ocean

Banned
The silver and gold tier changes are fine. However, they specifically stated they didn't want people getting carried. People are getting carried. The new system has failed and only makes it harder everyone else. I am 100% for people seeing and doing everything in Destiny regardless of skill level.

I really enjoyed ToO in HoW. I went flawless last night in the new system and hated it.
There will always be exceptions. No matter what they do, some guys will still be able to carry. They're that good.

This change makes silver / gold more accessible (more fun for casuals) and Flaeless more meaningful/exclusive/competitive (more challenge/fun for good players).

I really think it's ideal. The only thing you lose out on if you can't go flawless is emblems and identical weapons with Last Resort. You are now able to get all that gear whereas it used to be hard.

They made Mercury more of a symbolic thing now that weapons have no Element. It's just a prestige thing. And symbols of skill mean nothing if everyone can easily get them. It's the reason nobody used to wear Flawless emblems before (expect to see the new one for a longer time).

I'm not good enough to go to Mercury. That's ok. Giving players who are that much better than I am emblem to reward their skill and an extra meh perk on their different-painted guns? I think it's a fair reward for their skill.

The only thing I'm losing out on are trophies for a skill I don't have. Seems normal.

Taborcarn

Woo, finally got a second character up to 50. I know that's not really much of an accomplishment, but I pretty much started from scratch with TTK and can usually only play Dad hours (after the toddler goes to bed for the night). So along with my main getting to 306 with only 3 full raids under my belt, it feels good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like to think of the lighthouse as another means to get primaries pass 310. Oryx is a greedy bastard so you're not even guaranteed something.

There will always be exceptions. No matter what they do, some guys will still be able to carry. They're that good.

This change makes silver / gold more accessible (more fun for casuals) and Flaeless more meaningful/exclusive/competitive (more challenge/fun for good players).

I really think it's ideal. The only thing you lose out on if you can't go flawless is emblems and identical weapons with Last Resort. You are now able to get all that gear whereas it used to be hard.

They made Mercury more of a symbolic thing now that weapons have no Element. It's just a prestige thing. And symbols of skill mean nothing if everyone can easily get them. It's the reason nobody used to wear Flawless emblems before (expect to see the new one for a longer time).

I'm not good enough to go to Mercury. That's ok. Giving players who are that much better than I am emblem to reward their skill and an extra meh perk on their different-painted guns? I think it's a fair reward for their skill.

The only thing I'm losing out on are trophies for a skill I don't have. Seems normal.

Agreed, I couldn't stand trials after the second week when it originally released. This new iteration is much better. As someone of average skill I can get drops after matches (got 308 boots) and I can get the higher tier packages, just by putting in a little time. It's great. Makes the fact that I'll probably never get to Mercury irrelevant. Getting emblems and different color guns that say adept on them doesn't mean anything to me.

Dreez

Trying to practice my sniping x.x

Took like 4-5 shots to hit and kill somebody ;o

My drag shot in TLoU was decent but hasn't translated well so far

Edit: its just too many guns to get to know, man

JonCha

Reposting for a new page: we're looking to start a NM King's Fall raid 50 minutes from now. We're looking for one more ideally as kbizzle is only available for two hours.

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic
4. aanx10uss
5. thuway

Reserve:

kbizzle

ocean

Banned
Trying to practice my sniping x.x

Took like 4-5 shots to hit and kill somebody ;o

My drag shot in TLoU was decent but hasn't translated well so far
The Aim Assistance in this game is excessive. It takes some getting used to. Specially in that instant after you scope in, the game helps you a TON If you managed to place the reticle somewhere close to the head for quick shots.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one Ocean. They can make this system so everyone can experience the thrill of going to the lighthouse. At the end of the day you think more exclusive activies based on skill are a good thing. I do not. And that's fine.

OT - I actually agree with everything you posted about the end game in the last thread and I appreciate you putting that out there for folks to read.

ocean

Banned
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one Ocean. They can make this system so everyone can experience the thrill of going to the lighthouse. At the end of the day you think more exclusive activies based on skill are a good thing. I do not. And that's fine.

OT - I actually agree with everything you posted about the end game in the last thread and I appreciate you putting that out there for folks to read.
Oh yeah if it's down to whether some rewards should be skill gated we'll definitely have to agree to disagree.

Thanks for the feedback! Haha it was a crazy long rant but I just had to make up for missing 2 OTs and put it all out there :p

RexNovis

Banned
GAHHHHH Fucking AFK assholes in crucible are really pissing me off. 4 matches in a row I've lost thanks to these fuckers. Fuck this. Destiny is no longer fun it's a job that slowly becomes more and more of a pain in the ass as time goes on. Between trials and the rampant bullshit people pull in the crucible I'm done. I just can't anymore. All it's doing is pissing me off.

Langy

looking for a 3rd for some trials fun. This will be my first run of year 2 trials and all i can promise is that fun will be had for all!! psn is Langoit add/msg me if you wanna come

Dante316

Reposting for a new page: we're looking to start a NM King's Fall raid 50 minutes from now. We're looking for one more ideally as kbizzle is only available for two hours.

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic
4. aanx10uss
5. thuway

Reserve:

kbizzle

I'll play with yall.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Normal Mode Kingsfall run in 40 mins on Xbox One. Got 3 spots open. New comers welcome.

Message VE3TRO for invite.

Oh yeah if it's down to whether some rewards should be skill gated we'll definitely have to agree to disagree.

Thanks for the feedback! Haha it was a crazy long rant but I just had to make up for missing 2 OTs and put it all out there :p

Cool man. I'm glad we can come to that understanding.

Absolutley. That post was needed. I think often you express good criticism about that game that others can't. While I won't always agree with it :) I still enjoy reading it.

the_id

1. itsjoncharles
2. Ffobsessed
3. Nicodemic
4. aanx10uss
5. thuway

Reserve:

kbizzle
I'm keen. PSN the_id

I'm with Ape, it shafts those of us in between who could occasionally get to Mercury. Im not interested in getting drops after matches or having piss easy bounties, getting gold before meant you'd at least accomplished something instead of now where it's largely an exercise in frustration knowing its Mercury or bust

deafmedal

Act now and join us for a fresh NM KF raid, but hurry- there is only space for two! Benefits include: a chance for a lower level ghost than what you currently have, yet another Midha's Crappening and let us not forget shards!

Please respond to this post for this thrice-in-a-week opportunity!

=. deafmedal
+. phantom8324
*. Comms_12389
^. Comms' buddy
%. ???
#. ???

Ken

You keep using words that don't mean what you're trying to make them mean. Trials isn't difficult anymore, it was difficult. Now for most of the population trials is IMPOSSIBLE.

You know how many groups get a decent and close match in trials? Lol. We curb stomped any group that wasn't obviously salty elite players. The average player is going to get absolutely destroyed after 2 wins in trials. They say oh we went 4-3 but they really went 2-4 because of boons. Most people reporting their win loss got rocked.

So now most people spend time "managing their characters" not being hardcore? Do you work for Fox News? That's ridiculous. What is there to manage about 3 characters? My 2nd and third get dragged out for raids and nightfalls. That's it.

You're basically comparing your experiences of having a full premade against what's probably a large majority where everyone is pugging out of whoever is willing to go. I still disagree that getting to Lighthouse is impossible. If you took everyone here reporting non-Flawless cards then sure, it seems impossible but I don't think the majority here are players Trials is aimed at. Not to mention there's a bunch of full pug parties going out and getting stomped and that's kind of expected when 3v3 emphasizes group synergy and teamwork that you can't really expect out of randoms you've barely played with before. And then there's regular groups of threes or groups with strong players reporting Flawless here.

I'm saying players can be hardcore in different aspects of the game, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the same type of "hardcore" that is a fit for Trials.

Also most everyone on the forum would be called hardcore by Bungie and yet people in this sub struggle or have never even been to the lighthouse. When you say hardcore you are talking about the 1% of the 1%. That's just not ok by me.

Dynedom

Looking for 1 for fresh Heroic KF. PS4

1) Dynedom
2) SoulClap
3) a_fat_panda_36
4) mehrmantrout
5) SonComet
6)

Add Dynedom to your friend's list, reply or PM

looking for a 3rd for some trials fun. This will be my first run of year 2 trials and all i can promise is that fun will be had for all!! psn is Langoit add/msg me if you wanna come

Sent you a message on PSN! I'm looking to play some Trials if you've still got room!

ocean

Banned
I'm with Ape, it shafts those of us in between who could occasionally get to Mercury. Im not interested in getting drops after matches or having piss easy bounties, getting gold before meant you'd at least accomplished something instead of now where it's largely an exercise in frustration knowing its Mercury or bust
Why Mercury or bust? You can get the same armor and basically the same weapons. You also get to enjoy increasingly competitive matches. You earn rep and complete bounties and play teams vs teams which is more fun that randoms in a normal playlist.

Sure, now you don't get an emblem or trophy gun with a different paintjob. This makes that emblem or paintjob for the gun something with actual meaning, a mark of higher skill. A true achievement, so to speak.

But I'll let it go, since I'm evidently in the minority for feeling this way :p

So I'm at the part in the crucible quest where I have to win in elimination. Is there no elimination playlist right now with matchmaking? Do I have to play ToO?

OkayRene

Why Mercury or bust? You can get the same armor and basically the same weapons. You also get to enjoy increasingly competitive matches. You earn rep and complete bounties and play teams vs teams which is more fun that randoms in a normal playlist.

Sure, now you don't get an emblem or trophy gun with a different paintjob. This makes that emblem or paintjob for the gun something with actual meaning, a mark of higher skill. A true achievement, so to speak.

But I'll let it go, since I'm evidently in the minority for feeling this way :p

I'm also having trouble understanding the logic of wanting to show off that you went 9-0, while simultaneously making it easier to go 9-0. Is it special or not?

EL CUCO

Judith-D hits like a truck. Kinda slow ROF but the 95 criticals make up for it, imo. A HC that's fun to use in Destiny Y2...wow

Top Bottom