• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

StMeph

Just do missions with the purple markers that give out armor upgrades and such. You'll climb light levels easily.

I'd recommend loading the dreadnaught patrol and joining some randoms doing a court of oryx. Once you have done one go to the tower and talk to Eris. She'll then give you the court of oryx quest which, when complete, rewards you with a 300 light artifact.

Continue doing quests (you'll get some shiny exotics along the way too). If you are bored with that do the Court of Oryx or the Strike Playlist.

Thanks. Looks like missions / Court of Oryx for me then.

When talking about cheese, I was mainly discussing this new glitch-through-the-wall at Golgoroth. I don't feel that the no-knight strat is cheese, I genuinely think it's inferior, more subject to rng/chance, and less fun.

Deku called it the no cheese bubble strat. I haven't done either, so I can't comment on the fun level, I was just curious why one was a strat, and the other a cheese.

flkraven

Deku called it the no cheese bubble strat. I haven't done either, so I can't comment on the fun level, I was just curious why one was a strat, and the other a cheese.

I can understand why someone would consider it cheese even though I don't. Basically, the three people on the platforms don't have to shoot anything other than Oryx. They are actually discouraged from shooting, since they hide on the platforms without getting agro.

It still uses the mechanics, and people still die frequently so It isn't really cheese though. It's just so random and puts the relic runner is much more danger.

ngower

A little late, but thanks to Hawkian and co for the n00bz raid last nigh. My first (completed) raid ever! Will happily join one again.

Speaking of raids, I need to do the VoG for No Time To Explain. My regular group I play with has only one dude who has actually done the quest, and a bunch of us at 40 who haven't. What would y'all say as far as a time estimate for the raid? Alternatively, if anyone's doing VoG anytime soon, holla as I want to get this quest step out of the way!

GorillaJu

God damn I'll never get the 20 arc grenade kills on my titan. Am I crazy or are Striker's grenades kinda crap for killing potential?

Does the 28 PoE chest give out exotics? Still need a Dreg's Promise and I want to farm some strange
Yes but it's only a small chance if you've ever picked up the big chest on that character. Your best bet is when Xur sells legacy special engrams, but there's still a lot of loot in that pool.

Insaniac

I can understand why someone would consider it cheese even though I don't. Basically, the three people on the platforms don't have to shoot anything other than Oryx. They are actually discouraged from shooting, since they hide on the platforms without getting agro.

It still uses the mechanics, and people still die frequently so It isn't really cheese though. It's just so random and puts the relic runner is much more danger.

I agree, i don't consider it cheese. Its no different then coming up with strategies to essentially render the boomers/wizards in hard mode Crota pointless. There's still heavy risk involved.

God damn I'll never get the 20 arc grenade kills on my titan. Am I crazy or are Striker's grenades kinda crap for killing potential?

Load up omnigul strike:

Throw grenades at the door chokepoints in the first encounter when shanks / thrall start flooding in, easy peasy

Unless you're talking pvp? Then you're crazy. Lightning grenades piss me off to no end.

ethomaz

Banned
Use of the word cheese needs to die. Call it cheating if it's cheating.
I don't believe self-revive is cheating or cheese... the game was made to use it.
The same for the "alt" strategy to Oryx... it is a fair way to play.

Not everybody needs to do the same thing to kill the Oryx... more strategy better... you can find your own way.

flkraven

Use the lightning grenade and play a game mode where people are forced to hold certain positions (ie. Control). Don't throw nades at people, but instead attach them to the wall next too or behind them. Lightning grenade on striker are one of the best in the game.

Play Control. Throw them on the capture points as people are capping. You will be done is no time.

Edit: With Lightning grenades and the armamantarium of course

A little late, but thanks to Hawkian and co for the n00bz raid last nigh. My first (completed) raid ever! Will happily join one again.

Speaking of raids, I need to do the VoG for No Time To Explain. My regular group I play with has only one dude who has actually done the quest, and a bunch of us at 40 who haven't. What would y'all say as far as a time estimate for the raid? Alternatively, if anyone's doing VoG anytime soon, holla as I want to get this quest step out of the way!

Vault of Glass start to finish for people who are very familiar with everything: 50 minutes
Vault of Glass start to finish for a group with only 1 or 2 people with experience: 80 minutes.

D_psipher

I'm lactose intolerant.

I love cheese anyway. My poor stomach.

I feel you. Mac and cheese, a good burger...
tripping Templar and Atheon off of a platform and exposing Crota's laggy internet connection.
But for real though, I do like being in the thick of it. I used to hate have to do the brand during the Warpriest encounter but know I love it. I am constantly on the edge of death. I usually kill my add with 1 or zero seconds on the timer. My teammates would prob freak out if they knew how many times I have gambled with that timer. I do damage a couple of adds first though. Gotta reduce the risk. I aint no fool.

I'm down for totems, but waiting for the shop to finish work on my car ATM. Probably free in an hour if you're still looking then. PSN is Thrillho.

sorry Jab, but I forgot about a meeting I have at 1pm EST. :/ if i'm not busy with work, i'll post after the meeting to gauge interest then.

flkraven

I feel you. Mac and cheese, a good burger...
tripping Templar and Atheon off of a platform and exposing Crota's laggy internet connection.
But for real though, I do like being in the thick of it. I used to hate have to do the brand during the Warpriest encounter but know I love it. I am constantly on the edge of death. I usually kill my add with 1 or zero seconds on the timer. My teammates would prob freak out if they knew how many times I have gambled with that timer. I do damage a couple of adds first though. Gotta reduce the risk. I aint no fool.

Last night I had zero on the counter and there was only 1 acolyte hiding behind a pillar and had to take him down with a nade. My head almost exploded.

deadduck

I can't search for videos at work, but I typed up what I like to do in the other thread:

Here is the strategy we used for HM Oryx, and I don't understand how the no-knights strat is better or safer:

1) 2 Titans are floaters, standing in between the daughters platforms on the ground. Pop a bubble with blessing just before Oryx slams, and shred all 4 Ogres with ToM

2) The 3 people on platforms help with their Ogre, but mainly take down their Knight that spawns

3) The second the relic runner has the relic, everyone runs to the middle Titan bubble and just waits for the immunity to get to you. Take no risks. Just wait.

4) Once the relic runner has slammed and gotten to the center, 5 people focus the yellow bar knight, while the 6th person takes down the last red bar knight that was left (in this case, it was a golden-gun hunter that took him down). Tethers and supers also help on the yellow bar.

5) Stagger Oryx. (5 people should be able to stagger him if the 6th is still trying to drop the red bar knight

6) After stagger, spend 10-15 seconds clearing adds.

7) Run to bombs, but try to countdown so everyone enters them simultaneously.

8) rinse and repeat.

I find this easier and more consistent than the 'no knights' start. However I would say:

A) Titans aren't needed, floaters can be any class
B) TOM not needed on ogres, they stagger and burn to high impact snipers
C) The key is burning ogres quick, so knights go quick so people aren't lingering on the platforms.
D) Call out ogres and their knights spawning and dying. Keep people talking.

D_psipher

Last night I had zero on the counter and there was only 1 acolyte hiding behind a pillar and had to take him down with a nade. My head almost exploded.

Yeah it can get tense and it is like they know.

"Everyone hide the timer is about to run out. We are about to get another one boys."
- Random Acolyte leader that I have made up in my head.

Then that one idiot acolyte celebrates a second to early and the day is saved.

FyreWulff

I swear i had the warpriest brand, I went to aim at the acolytes and they all simultaneously did the "take cover" spin animation.

I was like you clever sons of bi*HURK*

Raybunny

Ray is back, back againnnnnn!

Sup GAF! I've seen that some things happened while I was on vacation. Time to check it out.

Halo Hype?

I swear i had the warpriest brand, I went to aim at the acolytes and they all simultaneously did the "take cover" spin animation.

I was like you clever sons of bi*HURK*

I'll never forget this last tuesday having the brand and an acolyte charges me, and when I go to punch him with my t-rex arms he did the take cover spin behind JP, meaning I punched JP in the face and proceeded to die...

GorillaJu

I'll try lightning grenades then instead of pulse. I have 18/20 but I've gone two control matches in a row where I got 0 grenade kills -_- Can't ever seem to find situations where I can finish off people with them.

spyder_ur

BLOPs has the same PvP connection issues Destiny has, no thanks 1 game with this is enough.

Not being sarcastic here - but is there one console PvP shooter where people don't complain about connection issues and is held up as being the best? Honestly curious.

Destiny has actually been one of my better overall experiences with servers for an online game - overall during the life of the game I mean. It's kind of one of those things you only notice when it breaks.

Yeah I gave up with that bullshit. She can keep her pulse rifle.

I have no clue why people farm Omnigul.

You're playing RNG hoping the gun will drop, and then you're dealing with more RNG hoping it has perks you want.

Was the first time I've done it so just wanted to see what it was all about. I doubt ill be doing it (much) again

On the raid talk, I think a lot of falls down to how Raid groups usually work, its like with Templar/Atheon and the Relic its easy but groups fell in with the same person doing each bit as they a) knew what they were doing and b) to get it over with asap. Same with the sword at Scrota

Crucible is garbage right now. Every match half the players are red bar, warping all over, taking no damage.

Right? I can't wait for the
Lag
of Osiris today.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Get to five wins with three people. Two people go grab a new card and the party leader is also one of the people who got a new card. Seems like you could "cheeeeeeeese" trips to the lighthouse. Would take longer I guess.

Not being sarcastic here - but is there one console PvP shooter where people don't complain about connection issues and is held up as being the best? Honestly curious.

Destiny has actually been one of my better overall experiences with servers for an online game - overall during the life of the game I mean. It's kind of one of those things you only notice when it breaks.

Well I mean Halo 5 has dedicated servers

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Played daily Crucible. Some of those shotgun kills were like snipers. Stormcaller super duration is so long lol. I got killed by the same guy using one 3 times since I re-spawned right near him.

Cool. Add me on XBL if you haven't already. I still need a damn crux lol.

Will do dude.

Ahh yes... The toupée fallacy. You only notice it when it's shit.

Well I mean Halo 5 has dedicated servers

That people can't choose which one that want to connect to and still have problems despite it. :\

I'll try lightning grenades then instead of pulse. I have 18/20 but I've gone two control matches in a row where I got 0 grenade kills -_- Can't ever seem to find situations where I can finish off people with them.

Lightning Grenades + Control Points = Winning

VAOjUMu.gif

Right? I can't wait for the
Lag
of Osiris today.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Get to five wins with three people. Two people go grab a new card and the party leader is also one of the people who got a new card. Seems like you could "cheeeeeeeese" trips to the lighthouse. Would take longer I guess.

Unlucky Ape it matches on highest card in the group :p

Top Bottom