• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

After a day of (my first "proper") trials I have to say: fuck trials.
Made it to 7 wins with my titan, had fun. Made it to 6 wins with my warlock, had fun. Can't even win one match while playing a hunter. Same party, different classes, and the game just keeps giving us pro players each match.
Maybe I just suck and got lucky with titan and warlock, or maybe there's no scrubs like me playing at the moment, but getting your face smashed in again and again by much better players, during the very first round and each consecutive one, is really frustrating and demoralising.
Wasn't Bungie hailed for their matchmaking during the Halo days? This sucks.

E92 M3

I'm just as torn as you are.

You got the same perks?

keep it. You'll find other infusion fodder down the road plus november patch is in a couple weeks.

That's what I am leaning towards, though very doubtful they will be updating weapons in November. Guess it's not urgent to take Malice from 313>316. All other weapons are doing ok.

Sniper rifles are pretty gross. Dunno where folks learn about the auto-aim on them, but without that knowledge, it's quite frustrating fighting against them.

I also didn't know PS4 controllers were so fragile. Almost broke mine in half with my hands. Def need a new one.

I still see a ton of shotguns everywhere.

No it's not. The current system is crap for anyone but the most elite players. Simply because it's OK for you doesn't mean it's ok for everyone.

Every good game has end game content that only the core players will attempt. Simple example: most people beat FF7 without even caring about beating Emerald or Ruby weapon. Trials/Raid is designed for those that play this game a lot. People like us. Always nice to reward dedicated players.

gatti-man

Going flawless should be for only the best of the best. The game needs a small amount of absolutely top end rewards for those that are just that good.

It's why I want longer and more complex raids. Only the best groups can overcome them entirely.

What percentage of players should be let in then? Obviously it's not beat of the best or only 3 people total would get in.

You got the same perks?

That's what I am leaning towards, though very doubtful they will be updating weapons in November. Guess it's not urgent to take Malice from 313>316. All other weapons are doing ok.

I still see a ton of shotguns everywhere.

Every good game has end game content that only the core players will attempt. Simple example: most people beat FF7 without even caring about beating Emerald or Ruby weapon. Trials/Raid is designed for those that play this game a lot. People like us. Always nice to reward dedicated players.

You just proved my point. Core gamers were the only ones getting into the lighthouse already. Now it's the core of the core. The hardcore of the hardcore. It's too much.

I guarantee you the amount of people that have beat hard mode raid will be 50 times that of people that get to the lighthouse. Maybe even 100 times more.

Lighthouse is not for everyone. The end.

I never said it was and you know that.

E92 M3

What percentage of players should be let in then? Obviously it's not beat of the best or only 3 people total would get in.

You just proved my point. Core gamers were the only ones getting into the lighthouse already. Now it's the core of the core. The hardcore of the hardcore. It's too much.

Trials has always been an end-game activity for PVP folks. If Destiny didn't give stuff for always playing, then I wouldn't be playing as much. It's basic game design. The proof is in the pudding, the original 9-0 emblem didn't have any meaning because it was so diluted.

That said, Bungie needs to always prioritize connection over skill.

And I've been begging for Bungie to release statistics on the game, but they refuse.

gatti-man

Trials has always been an end-game activity for PVP folks. If Destiny didn't give stuff for always playing, then I wouldn't be playing as much. It's basic game design. The proof is in the pudding, the original 9-0 emblem didn't have any meaning because it was so diluted.

That said, Bungie needs to always prioritize connection over skill.

And I've been begging for Bungie to release statistics on the game, but they refuse.

Trials emblems definitely had meaning. If you don't see that then you need to take your hardcore glasses off. Now the emblem will have even more meaning.

To casuals and non PVPers emblems ment a strong PVPer now it means a ridiculously strong pvper. That's all that changed there.

Looking for a Fun ToO group, mainly for bounties and such, with my 308/9 Titan if anyone needs 1 more. Psn is Kostasthebeast (stupid name I know) :D

Afrocious

i think thats on u man.

Have no idea if this guide is still relevant, but I'm kinda lost with sniper rifles when taking auto-aim into account. I swear some folks pull off ridic shots and I'm sitting here about to be out $60 bucks imagining I'm snapping some kid's neck because I'm so mad.

Let's just say it's not a good way to be.

SheHateMe

I won't stop you from joining if you feel comfortable at a lower light level. However I will leave it to you to determine your abilities during oryx.
With you need 2 more

I'll be forthcoming: unless I get EXTREMELY LUCKY, Oryx won't happen. I'd be a hindrance and not produce enough DPS.

I'm only 304. I'd better sit this one out until I can get over 305 comfortably.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
HOLY HELL THAT WAS SUPER DUPER SWEATY@

Came down to last match, last round again.

Cad3m44.png

Good run Magik and Ape.

LTWood12

I'd love to see some of you pro-mode pvpers put on a clinic every so often, with different drills focusing on different aspects of expertise. Probably HAVE to have custom games in order to do that though. I'd be first in line for something like that. Not even because I'd expect to become some pro level player, but it's fun to pick the brain of people that are incredible and hear them put into words the minutia that's become instinctual to them.

ocean

Banned
Have no idea if this guide is still relevant, but I'm kinda lost with sniper rifles when taking auto-aim into account. I swear some folks pull off ridic shots and I'm sitting here about to be out $60 bucks imagining I'm snapping some kid's neck because I'm so mad.

Let's just say it's not a good way to be.
The biggest thing, I think, is learning how to get the reticle close to the destination *before* scoping.

A clear idea of what the middle of the screen "dot" is without the reticle means you can zoom and shoot basically, with only tiny adjustments made easy by generous AA. AA won't do much when you have to pan a very wide arc to meet the target I feel.

Afrocious

The biggest thing, I think, is learning how to get the reticle close to the destination *before* scoping.

A clear idea of what the middle of the screen "dot" is without the reticle means you can zoom and shoot basically, with only tiny adjustments made easy by generous AA. AA won't do much when you have to pan a very wide arc to meet the target I feel.

I figured this. I dunno if I'm not getting close enough with my reticle or doing it fast enough.

ezekial45

Banned
What's a good way to get more weapon parts? Ever since that update, I've been hovering around 20-30 weapon parts before needing to upgrade a weapon.

Need 2 starting for HM @ totems

I might be down to help out so you all can kick it off, let me transfer some gear over to my warlock to raise his level. I did HM multiple times now so know most strats ;)--I just want to make sure I'm high enough level of my last alt. Aiming for 306-307

Did I make the cut for the 6th player or do you have someone else in mind?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No I'm done for now. Need a break after that, had to really work for that. Plus it's time to give out candy, etc.

Future

I guarantee you the amount of people that have beat hard mode raid will be 50 times that of people that get to the lighthouse. Maybe even 100 times more.

I never said it was and you know that.

Well it shouldn't be meaningless like it was before. Carry's were so easy that people that had no business in the lighthouse were getting there. You can still get carried now but you probably need to hold a bit more weight unless the other 2 players are just that good

I like the solution of just try to matchmake people that have not yet gone to the lighthouse together. That way you don't have the elite beating on scrubs non stop if the population is big enough.

Population right now I bet is small because unskilled people get slaughtered immediately unlike iron banner. This would happen a bit less as well if people just could play a bit without getting to the core players.

Although it's funny hearing had complain. The 1 percent complaining about the 0.1 %. Let's face it, trials is only for the whales. Now get in there, and fight guardian

I might be down to help out so you all can kick it off, let me transfer some gear over to my warlock to raise his level. I did HM multiple times now so know most strats ;)--I just want to make sure I'm high enough level of my last alt. Aiming for 306-307

Did I make the cut for the 6th player or do you have someone else in mind?
Sounds good. You don't need to be 310 until oryx honestly

Top Bottom