• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

After spending a few more minutes with the Water Star I've concluded it's garbage. By the time the game ordains you can take an accurate second shot I'm pretty sure a Hawksaw can kill you. That and it can barely hit anything even with Reinforced Barrel and the included Rangefinder.

This is how you use a hand cannon in 2.0 ya'll. The swing of them hips tho

17rzRY1.gif

Does anyone want to do Trials just-grind-for-bounties mode?
I suck at PvP, but would still like to get those bounty rewards.
Need two, PSN: onimushroom

Raybunny

After spending a few more minutes with the Water Star I've concluded it's garbage. By the time the game ordains you can take an accurate second shot I'm pretty sure a Hawksaw can kill you. That and it can barely hit anything even with Reinforced Barrel and the included Rangefinder.

17rzRY1.gif

Beautiful!!!

17rzRY1.gif

Lol omg Luke plz! Why! Why did they do that to hand cannons!

Pachimari

So my first impression of Destiny is rather positive. The visuals are beautiful but runs at 30fps(?), seems kind of spotty. I love the universe, lore, sound effects and music already. The story seems interesting.

It seems like, there is lock-on when aiming, is that true? Can that be turned off?

And I have just arrived at the Last City of Earth, and is at the tower but I can't seem to find any of my objectives. It is super complicated to navigate, and the indicators keep changing, so I run back and forth without really finding the person I am supposed to talk with. This is were it gets a little frustrating to me.

But overall I have a very good impression of Destiny, and can't wait to dig deeper into the lore and universe!

TyrantII

So my first impression of Destiny is rather positive. The visuals are beautiful but runs at 30fps(?), seems kind of spotty. I love the universe, lore, sound effects and music already. The story seems interesting.

It seems like, there is lock-on when aiming, is that true? Can that be turned off?

And I have just arrived at the Last City of Earth, and is at the tower but I can't seem to find any of my objectives. It is super complicated to navigate, and the indicators keep changing, so I run back and forth without really finding the person I am supposed to talk with. This is were it gets a little frustrating to me.

But overall I have a very good impression of Destiny, and can't wait to dig deeper into the lore and universe!

Lock on and headseaker (bullet bend flight paths) are scopes / perk dependant. You can find some options with little to none, others dial it up.

There's no global option.

Sigh* after 2 weeks of non HM oryx kills, I am fallen to a scrub :'(
My aplogizes guys..you can do it without me! Carry on!
plus I have school stuff to do...

Frankly I feel like the story can be good! Key word can be, however you should read the kotaku article about the development of vanilla destiny. TTK story line is much better.

P.s majority of the story is online hidden behind grimore cards which you unlock by playing the game.

Afrocious

I'm up for another flawless run a bit later on my hunter.

On RL news, officially lost 20 pounds and back to squatting 250

I need a new wardrobe

Deku Tree

A green on screen diamond should show you who to talk to... Or a grey diamond should show you to go to the other areas of the tower to do something.

I'm up for another flawless run a bit later on my hunter.

On RL news, officially lost 20 pounds and back to squatting 250

I need a new wardrobe

Nice! I also lost 20 pounds recently and had to go get new pants as nothing fit anymore. Need to start hitting the weight room, now.

Also, I'm up for trials whenever.

deadduck

Wow the gunplay in BO3 feels like crap compared to my comfy slipper (Destiny).

also, you think pulse rifles are bad here...

Thanks for the group guys. Got 313 gauntlets when I already have 316. Reminder of why I kinda cbf with this game anymore and was lazy about finishing oryx before now.

Edit: tp_Drewz btw.

Sigh* after 2 weeks of non HM oryx kills, I am fallen to a scrub :'(
My aplogizes guys..you can do it without me! Carry on!
plus I have school stuff to do...

Thanks for your time Rawr! Those ogres were not pleased with you today. Thankfully we got him down not too long after you left.

Thanks for the kill guys!

Pachimari

A green on screen diamond should show you who to talk to... Or a grey diamond should show you to go to the other areas of the tower to do something.

I keep following this grey diamond, but then it tells me to go back from where I came from, and then I keep going back and forth. Maybe I'm reading it wrongly. :(

P.s majority of the story is online hidden behind grimore cards which you unlock by playing the game.

I noticed I unlocked some of these grimore cards, didn't think it would be important. I'll go read up on the bungie website.

Awesome stuff, LT. Really sorry I wasn't able to make anything happen last week (that applies to a few others too), especially as the scout rifle was a guaranteed drop, and I know you were after it. Dropped for you yesterday in the best possible way.

Had a bit of lie-in, and missed our regular Trials starting period for Saturday. Oops!

Howdy DGAF! First post complete. Better late than never. Appreciate those that pestered admins (or perhaps just Ghaleon) weeks and months ago to try and get my account approved earlier.

Hello wicked! Nice to finally see you around here :p

Awesome stuff, LT. Really sorry I wasn't able to make anything happen last week (that applies to a few others too), especially as the scout rifle was a guaranteed drop, and I know you were after it. Dropped for you yesterday in the best possible way.

Had a bit of lie-in, and missed our regular Trials starting period for Saturday. Oops!

Howdy DGAF! First post complete. Better late than never. Appreciate those that pestered admins (or perhaps just Ghaleon) weeks and months ago to try and get my account approved earlier.

Welcome wicked! Thanks for the run last week with rubenov. I was scrubbier than usual but you guys still managed to drag my dead weight to the 7 win mark for the scout. Always a pleasure running with you and rubenov

bitsurugi

Lol omg Luke plz! Why! Why did they do that to hand cannons!

Problem is they nerfed whole HC cathegory instead of the 2 offenders: TLW, Thorn, maybe Hawkmoon sniping.

Legendary HC's weren't that good in 1.0 anyway. In 2.0 they are even more garbage.

It's sad they can't balance primaries. I bet, after the imminent PR nerf, PR will be garbage, something else will be OP. I hope i am wrong.

Top Bottom