• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Getting a group together after reset like we do with nightfalls would be great. Hard to know how many of us have done that crazy quest chain though.

Yeah sounds good to me. Especially since that "win 7 matches" bounty is pretty standard each week, good to get a team rolling. Obviously it would affect the grouping if it gives the "win a game in each 3v3 mode" or the "win each 6v6 mode" bounty.

For the most part the weeklies are very easy. I just hate the one with "get 10 kills using each primary weapon type." Please don't make me use Hand Cannons. It's too sad. Tbh I prefer busting out Shard Light and Necrocasm for the auto rifle kills.

Strider

Man Black Ops really took its toll on Destiny GAF. Wonder how many will come back...

Pretty much everyone :p

Holiday rush makes the thread slow down as folks go off and play other games... But Destiny is very much people's "default" when they have nothing new to play.

Anybody up for some trials for bounties, havnt done it yet but wouls like to try it

No boons?

What do i do with all the passahe coins?

LTWood12

Yeah I can go, how long before we start?

Also, Regicide is the best mission. I'd play that on heroic / epic even if it didn't give out any rewards.

Me and T-44 I think are planning on running it once or twice from Totems tonight if you still need to do it.

Cool, i can get my wife to run it too, so that's 4 then.

I can do vog if you can wait 15-20 mins.

Wouldn't mind killing Atheon twice, second time from checkpoint if everyone is cool with that.

Me and T-44 I think are planning on running it once or twice from Totems tonight if you still need to do it.

I have the next 5 hours at best, can't stay up after that. I guess that's too early for you guys..

I can do vog if you can wait 15-20 mins.

Wouldn't mind killing Atheon twice, second time from checkpoint if everyone is cool with that.

I have the next 5 hours at best, can't stay up after that. I guess that's too early for you guys..

Sounds great, dont have a full party yet anyway

Pachimari

Oh man I am LOVING Destiny. It kind of fulfills the same itch as Final Fantasy XIV but as a shooter and different vibe and fantasy. I'm enjoying it more now that I have learned to navigate. And I love reading up on the lore in the companion app at night.

Love it! :)

lt519

This is how a titan should look, like Iron Man:

o0hdrVm.jpg

This is not how a titan should look, like an alien:

rXEODp4.jpg

GhaleonEB

I don't think I've ever killed Oryx on Regicide heroic solo. I can't ever seem to get away from him when he comes out with his sword at the end. I give up after 4-5 deaths. :\
Weren't I supposed to lvl up to 25 when I started Destiny? In the Tower?

If you are just starting the game from scratch with TTK and want to skip to level 25, you should have an item at the postmaster called Spark of Light (at the building in the center of the tower plaza). Personally I recommend playing through from level 1.

Deku Tree

I don't think I've ever killed Oryx on Regicide heroic. I can't ever seem to get away from him when he comes out with his sword at the end. I give up after 4-5 deaths.

The last part of that fight is a huge pain to solo. With 2-3 friends it's a breeze. The fact that you can't damage him when he's behind the haze un-necessarily hugely slows down the final part of the fight and makes it really tedious. Again if you have 2-3 players to shoot at Oryx when he comes it to slam it massively speeds things up and makes it much more forgiving of an encounter when the guy who accidentally gets hit by Oryx sword and dies doesn't cause a wipe and can be revived.

Pachimari

I might have picked it up already. It just said a special package. And yes, it is The Taken King.

Should it be in the inventory?

GhaleonEB

The last part of that fight is a huge pain to solo. With 2-3 friends it's a breeze. The fact that you can't damage him when he's behind the haze un-necessarily hugely slows down the final part of the fight and makes it really tedious. Again if you have 2-3 players to shoot at Oryx when he comes it to slam it massively speeds things up and makes it much more forgiving of an encounter when the guy who accidentally gets hit by Oryx sword and dies doesn't cause a wipe and can be revived.

Yeah, even having one more guy made all the difference in a prior heroic. It's frustrating as it's literally the only part of the game where I throw in the towel solo. Half the time I avoid the direct hit, but get bounced with enough momentum that I die when I smack into the barrier around the combat zone. I'm like yayyy I lived *smack*

Ji66a-Man

Use Raze-Lighter to block Oryx's slam then counter with the heavy attack.

phen0m24

Oh man I am LOVING Destiny. It kind of fulfills the same itch as Final Fantasy XIV but as a shooter and different vibe and fantasy. I'm enjoying it more now that I have learned to navigate. And I love reading up on the lore in the companion app at night.

Love it! :)

Enjoy! You're in a great community here too.

Weren't I supposed to lvl up to 25 when I started Destiny? In the Tower?

There is a consumable in the postmaster I think that lets you go from 1-25. Focused Light maybe? Or something similar.

SonComet

Awesome so then we got

Me
My Mrs
Ruthless
Childofhate
Xeyarck
His Mrs

If hes still up for it

Well start when ruthless is ready
I'm so sad I missed this group! When you guys get to Atheon would you be so kind as to save the checkpoint or let me grab the checkpoint? I need to get the kill for NTTE finally and I think it would be easier to find a group for Atheon only :). If not I will just have to wake up earlier to jump on these groups, lol.

If any solo mission ever seems too difficult, an exotic sword sometimes makes all the difference. How fast you can kill most yellow bar enemies with the special attack can't be overstated enough.

GLk4aPq.jpg

Edit: fuck pvp in this game.

edit: ^ Exotic Solar Sword

Could I snag that Atheon CP when you get there? Also feel free to shoot me an invite if you need another for VoG, I'm just chilling doing bounties now.

Sure thing. Might need some help for an oryx hm kill later if you're on, not sure if i'll be able to find a team before reset for hm oryx.

KZObsessed

Got a 310 Hawkmoon and it's... disappointing.

Maybe when it's upgraded it'll be decent, but I'd rather just infuse it into my TLALOC which is amazing.

Top Bottom