• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Sky Walker

Y8oINri.jpg

Finally *died from happiness*

pIIp03U.jpg

I was hoping for a pulse rifle. At least better than getting the Auto rifle lol.

Boguestsr, want to play a bit with gunawi and I? We have been looking for a third forever now.

Sorry but I'm offline for the time being w life stuff :-/ It sucks that the thread is so super slow nowadays. The activity died down really quickly. I'll be around later today though for moe runs.

Oh look a bladedancer. Wack.]

Haha nice. People are so bad at blade dancing. Too bad you didn't get credit for the kill though.

Yea drizz i'm down for carries Monday i think.

Something about this image makes me very happy. The Tower is going to be really boring next week.

pf7kFAo.jpg

Souds good TG. I'll be around. Great pic btw. Gotta remember to glue my Oryx mask before reset...

Where do I sign up? ;)

I helped someone with NF last night and got a 303 Apple of Disdain. ;) That was fun.

Played a guy last night with a Full Auto-Headseeker-Braced Frame Apple. That thing wrecked even though we still rekt their team.

Some people have all the lucky drops, like Hidden Hand 1k YS. My kingdom for a Shortgaze-Snapshot-Hidden Hand Stare.

phen0m24

Souds good TG. I'll be around. Great pic btw. Gotta remember to glue my Oryx mask before reset...

Played a guy last night with a Full Auto-Headseeker-Braced Frame Apple. That thing wrecked even though we still rekt their team.

Some people have all the lucky drops, like Hidden Hand 1k YS. My kingdom for a Shortgaze-Snapshot-Hidden Hand Stare.

My only epic roll has been that Treads but I am not typically a scout rifle guy. Yeah Crowd Control Field Scout and Outlaw but would trade for similar perfect balance pulse. Am liking the Hakke Lyudmila oh yeah the one you got! :)

Thanks again for the help last night. Ironic that we got it done when I died what a slacker

I should be available for reset raids on Tuesday if you chaps are still doing them.

Is there anything from trials worth playing for? Aesthetically the gear looks the same as previous trials and weapons seem underwhelming, is there any weapon that stands out?

My only epic roll has been that Treads but I am not typically a scout rifle guy. Yeah Crowd Control Field Scout and Outlaw but would trade for similar perfect balance pulse. Am liking the Hakke Lyudmila oh yeah the one you got! :)

Thanks again for the help last night. Ironic that we got it done when I died what a slacker

We had two runs before that which were oh-so-close to killing him. It was only a matter of time before the winning run materialized, everyone had the strat down by then. Honesty the whole raid went really well for having 3 newbies and 3 low light players (except for the part when I had to leave for a while haha).

And yeah both Zewone and Rubenov have been rocking a lot of Invective in Trials. With the crazy Matador/Felwinter snipers being nerfed somewhat it's a really good fast RoF option with good range and that ammo regen can't be beat. I used it a little in normal Crucible this morning but I just don't like shotguns, too boring.

RexNovis

Banned
WTF is happening with crucible all the sudden? Every match I'm in the second our team falls behind 3-4 people immediately drop out which basically screws us over. This is the 9th match in a row I've lost because people dropping. It's not even just one mode. Happening in control, rift and clash. Wtf? I don't remember this being such an issue in the past. It's absolutely infuriating.

Am I the only person this is happening to or something? I haven't seen anyone else talking about it.

WTF is happening with crucible all the sudden? Every match I'm in the second our team falls behind 3-4 people immediately drop out which basically screws us over.

People are still doing the crucible questline that requires wins in all gamemodes.

Might as well quit out of the game if the other team has a good start :/ nothing is to be gained from staying.

WTF is happening with crucible all the sudden? Every match I'm in the second our team falls behind 3-4 people immediately drop out which basically screws us over. This is the 9th match in a row I've lost because people dropping. It's not even just one mode. Happening in control, rift and clash. Wtf? I don't remember this being such an issue in the past. It's absolutely infuriating.

Am I the only person this is happening to or something? I haven't seen anyone else talking about it.

It's crazy. COD sydrome.

I've been in games where my team has been on the brink of losing and we've pulled it back right at the end.

I dont understand why people leave.

I should be available for reset raids on Tuesday if you chaps are still doing them.

Is there anything from trials worth playing for? Aesthetically the gear looks the same as previous trials and weapons seem underwhelming, is there any weapon that stands out?

Yeah I'll be there like always. Afaik everyone else is still down for it, it's basically the only Destiny Unstable plays each week. Me Stabie and Jigga did some reminiscing down memory lane after our runs this week by going back through old Destiny Tracker games. Found our first NM and HM VoG clears, when they started doing reset raids, etc. I realized this week was the 1 year anniversary of when I started the reset raid group w YzenUp. And now I'm the only original member left standing aka dumb enough to be playing the same game a year later...

As for Trials: loot is alright. Not as good as last year. Boots and helmets have nice unique perks that are useful for Trials but that only matters if you actually want to play Trials. As for the weapons:

Primaries
Hand cannon: it's bad, HCs are bad, meh.
Pulse Rifle: same archetype as Iron Banner Nirwen's but worse stats. Good but nothing special, no Messenger 2.0
Auto rifle: lol no... Fastest RoF/lowest impact, although I wanna try one with counterbalance for fun
Scout rifle: fastest RoF archetype, like NL Shadow, with full auto so I like it but it's not competitive. Fun to use.

Secondaries
Sniper: good perks, decent base stats except another low impact gun. Useless for Trials, maybe good for 6v6 if you get the roll w Hiden Hand
Shotgun: really bad. High impact but w 0 boosts to range from perks or barrels. Objectively worse than quest reward Conspiracy D
Fusion: lol no

Heavies
Rocket Launcher: really bad unless it rolls w Grenades and Horseshoes, then just bad. Battle runner on a rocket launcher? Wut.
Machine Gun: haven't seen this one yet actually, heard it's decent. Eh.

Mercury weapons are the same but come with Last Resort as a bonus perk. Mehhhhh. Best Trials loot is either getting lucky with a 311+ Light exotic from the silver tier bounty or getting 311+ Light primaries from Mercury as infusion for better guns.

Shito

People are still doing the crucible questline that requires wins in all gamemodes.

Might as well quit out of the game if the other team has a good start :/ nothing is to be gained from staying.
That, and the imprecation quest, the exotic sword quest, the rank 25 faction quest, the weaponsmith bounties, etc.
Once people are done with those, they tend to not stay in the games; that's why you don't "force" people who don't enjoy pvp into this mode Bungie...

RexNovis

Banned

I'm not that dude. I refuse to screw other people over by leaving the match. That's just beyond shitty.

It's crazy. COD sydrome.

I've been in games where my team has been on the brink of losing and we've pulled it back right at the end.

I dont understand why people leave.

Exactly. It's not even like we are losing the matches by that much. People just leave the second the other team pulls ahead. It's ludicrous.

That, and the imprecation quest, the exotic sword quest, the rank 25 faction quest, the weaponsmith bounties, etc.
Once people are done with those, they tend to not stay in the games; that's why you don't "force" people who don't enjoy pvp into this mode Bungie...

Even still I don't remember this being as big of an issue in the past. Previously maybe 1 or 2 people would drop out which is totally recoverable but just this weekend I've noticed 3-4 people are dropping out which is impossible to recover from. Why? Why are more people dropping every single game than in the past? It's making crucible genuinely frustrating and no fun whatsoever.

I realized this week was the 1 year anniversary of when I started the reset raid group w YzenUp. And now I'm the only original member left standing aka dumb enough to be playing the same game a year later...
Still floating around in orbit :p

just dont have as much free time to do reset raids every week like in the past...I finally realize I needed to spend my mornings going to classes early and reviewing when my professor wrote something like "There is noting close to being correct about your answer. But I will give you points for attempting." on my weekly quiz.
2 lowest would have been dropped anyways..

RexNovis

Banned
Anyone feel like trying for a ToO Mercury run? I still have never been... -_- and I'm done dealing with this dropout bullshit in crucible (12th match in a row)

Anyone up for a HM KF starting from totems today, or am I out of luck?

I'd be down for a run. I can't start until 12est, 4.5 hours from now, however.

Yeah I can do a full run from totems, 4 hours from now is fine.

Yeah I'll be there like always. Afaik everyone else is still down for it, it's basically the only Destiny Unstable plays each week. Me Stabie and Jigga did some reminiscing down memory lane after our runs this week by going back through old Destiny Tracker games. Found our first NM and HM VoG clears, when they started doing reset raids, etc. I realized this week was the 1 year anniversary of when I started the reset raid group w YzenUp. And now I'm the only original member left standing aka dumb enough to be playing the same game a year later...

As for Trials: loot is alright. Not as good as last year. Boots and helmets have nice unique perks that are useful for Trials but that only matters if you actually want to play Trials. As for the weapons:

Primaries
Hand cannon: it's bad, HCs are bad, meh.
Pulse Rifle: same archetype as Iron Banner Nirwen's but worse stats. Good but nothing special, no Messenger 2.0
Auto rifle: lol no... Fastest RoF/lowest impact, although I wanna try one with counterbalance for fun
Scout rifle: fastest RoF archetype, like NL Shadow, with full auto so I like it but it's not competitive. Fun to use.

Secondaries
Sniper: good perks, decent base stats except another low impact gun. Useless for Trials, maybe good for 6v6 if you get the roll w Hiden Hand
Shotgun: really bad. High impact but w 0 boosts to range from perks or barrels. Objectively worse than quest reward Conspiracy D
Fusion: lol no

Heavies
Rocket Launcher: really bad unless it rolls w Grenades and Horseshoes, then just bad. Battle runner on a rocket launcher? Wut.
Machine Gun: haven't seen this one yet actually, heard it's decent. Eh.

Mercury weapons are the same but come with Last Resort as a bonus perk. Mehhhhh. Best Trials loot is either getting lucky with a 311+ Light exotic from the silver tier bounty or getting 311+ Light primaries from Mercury as infusion for better guns.

Thanks for the detailed post. Think I'll stick to IB whenever it comes out next, might just do one run of trials to get the emblem...

One year of reset raiding, wow. I think I started reset raiding with you back in February. Good times :)

Even still I don't remember this being as big of an issue in the past. Previously maybe 1 or 2 people would drop out which is totally recoverable but just this weekend I've noticed 3-4 people are dropping out which is impossible to recover from. Why? Why are more people dropping every single game than in the past? It's making crucible genuinely frustrating and no fun whatsoever.

There's always been a lot of Crucible quitters/AFK'ers but it does seem worse in TTK. Probably mostly because of all the stupid quest lines but maybe there are just lots of new players who don't give a damn.

I can't stand solo queuing for Crucible, it's always a nightmare. Two to three games max for the Daily and a bounty or two, that's all I can take. Did a Salvage and a Clash game earlier where I had to carry the ever-loving bejesus out of my terrible teams to win. Clash game was like 32-4 with every other teammate negative and we barely won, it's exhausting. I can't ever play laid back for fun since the skill based MM is so skewed.

Still floating around in orbit :p

just dont have as much free time to do reset raids every week like in the past...I finally realize I needed to spend my mornings going to classes early and reviewing when my professor wrote something like "There is noting close to being correct about your answer. But I will give you points for attempting." on my weekly quiz.
2 lowest would have been dropped anyways..

Haha props to that professor for the real talk and sympathy points :p I feel your pain bro, the science student life is rough. It's no joke and takes as much time as you're willing to give it. You're doing the right thing for yourself and still getting in some recreational gaming when possible which is great. Big plays Rawr, big plays!

Namikaze1

Just 6 more NM ranks and 11 more FWC ranks to be done with this exotic class item hunt. I hate that this shit is taking so long. Taking away the nightfall and weekly rep rewards as well as nerfing the bounty rep points were and still are stupid decisions.

inb4 motes of light, mats, etc.

Deku Tree

8 bounties handed in. Not even close to filling up the first bubble on this armor piece.

God thing perks are mostly useless or un-necessary for just about everything in PvE. I find myself not even bothering to rush to upgrade armor, or most weapons anymore. Especially since you never know if or when your going to be infusing that piece into something else that you just got (which means that your upgrade effort was wasted).

Looking to do nm raid on a 297 Titan. Have done it through daughters so far but lost the cp. anyone game?

1.dark_preacher
2. Psn friend

Top Bottom