• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

EL CUCO

I've never had a 1000 yard stare drop for me :( I'd like one for PvP. Makes me sad that I cant transfer the Stillpiercer on to my other characters.

I really like Eirene but mostly for PvE. I can't get used to those Omolon scopes in PvP.

Just dropped some Silver on Halloween content. This kind of stuff is actually nice. It's optional and none intrusive. The whole Halloween makeover has been a great bit of fun so far.

Having all the year 1 gear has kind of killed my desire to do trials again.

kidko

Just carved a jackolyte real quick!

cLg5got.jpg

I've never had a 1000 yard stare drop for me :( I'd like one for PvP. Makes me sad that I cant transfer the Stillpiercer on to my other characters.

I really like Eirene but mostly for PvE. I can't get used to those Omolon scopes in PvP.

Have you not done the quest for one?

It has a pretty decent roll too.

zewone

Like mentioned. The quest one that is given to you has crazy AA for PvP thanks to a range perk. Good ol' Bungie.

Avixph

Have you given the faucon scope a try? The zoom is really low but it takes a bit to get used to.

Got Grimlock his first HM Oryx kill, good job buddy! Funny thing is, he was 291 until Golgoroth and nobody noticed :p

Also, thanks to Liam_Croft and Inapplicable for a nice Lighthouse run right before the raid. Poor Sunbreaker though, should've killed me here:

Titan CARTWHEEL!

yw4eNw.gif

EL CUCO

Have you not done the quest for one?

It has a pretty decent roll too.

Like mentioned. The quest one that is given to you has crazy AA for PvP thanks to a range perk. Good ol' Bungie.
Yeah I got that one. Its good but it only has Shortgaze and Rifled barrel (Last Resort is mehh). Since it doesn't have a sweet perk like Injection mold or snap shot it feels a little heavy. Firefly is kinda useless in PvP.

That one, and the vendor one are the only 2 yardsales I've ever seen lol

gatti-man

Well it shouldn't be meaningless like it was before. Carry's were so easy that people that had no business in the lighthouse were getting there. You can still get carried now but you probably need to hold a bit more weight unless the other 2 players are just that good

I like the solution of just try to matchmake people that have not yet gone to the lighthouse together. That way you don't have the elite beating on scrubs non stop if the population is big enough.

Population right now I bet is small because unskilled people get slaughtered immediately unlike iron banner. This would happen a bit less as well if people just could play a bit without getting to the core players.

Although it's funny hearing had complain. The 1 percent complaining about the 0.1 %. Let's face it, trials is only for the whales. Now get in there, and fight guardian

I already did 9-0 yesterday and plan on running again Sunday most of the day with my friends. But I don't think it's because of low population that things are hard. How many casuals own an Xbox 1 and ps4 for the halo 5 effect to really happen?

I like trials just for the record I just think this is wrong to make it so hard.

Ikkarus

Got Grimlock his first HM Oryx kill, good job buddy! Funny thing is, he was 291 until Golgoroth and nobody noticed :p

Also, thanks to Liam_Croft and Inapplicable for a nice Lighthouse run right before the raid. Poor Sunbreaker though, should've killed me here:

Titan CARTWHEEL!

yw4eNw.gif
Always satisfying killing a Sunbreaker especially when they've popped their super. :)

zewone

Yeah I got that one. Its good but it only has Shortgaze and Rifled barrel (Last Resort is mehh). Since it doesn't have a sweet perk like Injection mold or snap shot it feels a little heavy. Firefly is kinda useless in PvP.

That one, and the vendor one are the only 2 yardsales I've ever seen lol
Wait...shortgaze is the best PvP scope. What scope are you looking for?

Oh and Injection Mold lowers the range which lowers the AA.

Liamc723

No problem, it was fun!

ocean

Banned
Way less AA than Shortgaze but okay.
-15 AA, only scope I know of which actually *lowers* AA. But it increases weapon handling (Shortgaze decreases it) and looks cleaner.

Very much a subjective preference thing. But it is rather popular despite being worse in paper.

SnakeEyes

Banned
*insert obligatory "All Blacks win Rugby World Cup" message*

Now onto more important stuff. Looking to finish off HM Oryx in approx. 2hrs (possible twice, because I have a Warlock and Hunter checkpoint.)

1) Kurt-Niisan
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Preferably people who've done it before, because I wanna get them knocked out quickly.

SkylineRKR

Used Ambush almost exclusively during vanilla and TDB. I then went Shortgaze and I think its better.

Got a shit ton of yard stares via RNG and they've all been shit so far. Worse than vendor and quest by far. With quest YS my results were better than with Hereafter in PvP. Stillpiercer is good too.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oryx why you not give me helmet.

Got 310 Ruin Wings, 310 boots and 300 arms from final NM today. Arms are nice but gonna stick with Ruin Wings.

Gonna try HM tomorrow up to Oryx just to try for some higher gear.

Is Reflection Sum any good?

I don't remember killing Oryx HM with a > 310 team... I was 307 and most guys are below 310.
Yep that's why I said I would leave the choice up to whomever is the lowest light level. I killed him as a 307 and know of a 303 that killed oryx.

Titan CARTWHEEL!

Thanks for the lighthouse carry, I'm basically dead weight in this meta. Got another adept hand cannon.

Jafku

Now onto more important stuff. Looking to finish off HM Oryx in approx. 2hrs (possible twice, because I have a Warlock and Hunter checkpoint.)

1) Kurt-Niisan
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Preferably people who've done it before, because I wanna get them knocked out quickly.
I need a HM Oryx kill on my Hunter. Count me in

Wearing Darkness t shirt for Halloween and also giving out the goods this year.

2nd Halloween in my own home and finally settled in enough to give the kids some nice decrypted engrams

SpdlrU8h.jpg

need 4 guys for normal mode daughters
would be cool if you have some experience. i tried with LFGers but no luck :/

1. Dipro
2. My Friend

contagious

Neo Member

1) Kurt-Niisan
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Count me in - aphex26.

Top Bottom