• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I'm not even talking about the average player compared to the top PVP player. I'm saying Mercury isn't worth it and the general changes to the way Trials works (not the bounties) are for the worse. It's harder to get there, the connections are worse, and the rewards are worse. The way they can reward the top people who do get to Mercury is by giving the gun an extra perk that is actually good or the old way where it provided elemental primaries. A random chance at an exotic at a random attack/defense is shit. Literally anybody can complete the bounties. Make getting to Mercury mean something.

Getting to Mercury means extra rewards at HM raid equivalent levels. What else could they put in there without breaking the balance even more?

Kyoufu

Getting to Mercury means extra rewards at HM raid equivalent levels. What else could they put in there without breaking the balance even more?

I think the point here is that chasing Light Level isn't worth it in PVE and it isn't worth it in PVP either.

People want meaningful loot, not a number increase.

Trakan

A raid is easier to do and against AI. Flawless is for skilled players playing against real opponents. It's not a valid comparison.

An actual Messenger Year 2 archetype pulse and a high impact revive kill sniper would go a long way. It wouldn't break any balance but would give desirable PvP weapons to PvP players. Nothing OP but something arguably best-in-slot. All the Mercury primaries are good for is infusing better weapons up above 310.

Kyoufu

There was a time when end- game loot was awesome.

I came back when HoW launched after quitting back in October and there was a ton of stuff to chase from the raids. Good times.

99% of the good stuff is now quested for, leaving barely anything good to chase from raid content.

Bungie need to have a look at that.

I miss those days.

It pisses me off, because it's hardly like they'd HAVE to create new content for endgame loot.

Do simple reskin/restats of armour that's not redundant in Year 1. I am just upset that I know every piece of armour that is viable to my character at Level 40. None of it is a mystery because there's like 8 pieces. There was so much more variety in Year 1 Legendary's (though admittedly, that too boiled down entirely to the Raid gear - also stupid).

Jabronium

I remember that

1 year ago
Wow, got a vision!
1Week ago
Wow, got a 318

Loved my VoC. Even over my Fatebringer. Personal preference, of course, but I just prefer scouts to HC's, and a full auto one...man, those were the days. Walking 3 miles uphill both ways to see Atheon.

A heartfelt thanks to Rubenov and Wicked who carried me to my precious helmet and tried to go even farther than that, only to be thwarted by connection woes on my side of the internet.

phen0m24

Loved my VoC. Even over my Fatebringer. Personal preference, of course, but I just prefer scouts to HC's, and a full auto one...man, those were the days. Walking 3 miles uphill both ways to see Atheon.

I remember doing a Sepiks arc-burn Nightfall with deafmedal.

We're about halfway through the first part and I'm like "Don't you have Fatebringer?"

"Oh yeah!! Forgot."

Then he proceeded to steal kills the whole rest of the time. :p

A raid is easier to do and against AI. Flawless is for skilled players playing against real opponents. It's not a valid comparison.

I'm just thinking about this from the viewpoint of someone developing this game. Other than the Messenger, what was so great about trials last year? The sniper sucked, the shotgun sucked, the hand cannon was average, the summoner was garbage at the time, and the exotics you could get anywhere else.

Other than there not being the messenger anymore almost nothing has changed.

phen0m24

Nobody. Apparently Wicked isn't streaming today for some reason. I was watching a little of Krafty but the double carries can get painful.

DRIZZAY STREAM BLUE SCREEN - BETTER THAN FOOTBALL

:p

Other Vault memories:

Lunlunqq getting 2 Fatebringers and sharding them both immediately. "That's like 7 and 8!"
Scarletham gets a Praetorian Foil and shards it. "I hate fusion rifles!" Drizzay "That's like the rarest drop in the game!" " I still hate fusion rifles!"

Was there when Dan Miller from BNG got his first Vex.

Was not there when Cosmos got his. #ForeverNoVex

Definity

Nobody. Apparently Wicked isn't streaming today for some reason. I was watching a little of Krafty but the double carries can get painful.

I didn't realize he is most always doing a double carry until recently! He uses that sniper like it's a primary gun, lol. Makes some unbelievable shots at crazy angles. Guy is a beast.

deadduck

I didn't realize he is most always doing a double carry until recently! He uses that sniper like it's a primary gun, lol. Makes some unbelievable shots at crazy angles. Guy is a beast.

Kraftyy is unbelievable, uses TLW like it didn't get a nerf and those drag snipes are unreal.

On another note, found it hard to counter rushing invectives on this map. Wish TLW wasn't as bad (ibmy hands).

I'm just thinking about this from the viewpoint of someone developing this game. Other than the Messenger, what was so great about trials last year? The sniper sucked, the shotgun sucked, the hand cannon was average, the summoner was garbage at the time, and the exotics you could get anywhere else.

Other than there not being the messenger anymore almost nothing has changed.

Speaking of just Mercury loot: Messenger was amazing even back in HoW, Scholar was a great PvE scout, Summoner was a theoretically great auto if only the entire weapon class wasn't garbage, and Jewel was a great PvP HC completely overshadowed by the Exotic Trinity.

Now: Pulse is basically same as IB Nirwen's but worse, auto rifle is pea-shooter incarnate, scout is well designed and fun (but sadly not competitive), and hand cannon wouldn't be good even if HCs hadn't been murdered (it's another TTK HC with super low base range, smh).

People can debate the utility of elemental primaries until we're blue in the face, especially for PvP weapons. But nobody is gonna argue that Last Resort is some kind of "must have" perk. I don't even look at the weapon when I open the Mercury chest now, just the Light.

part of me thinks bungie doesn't want mercury loot to be too OP because then its a case of the rich getting richer .. best rewards for best players.. which goes against all the other loot drops in the game

that might just be a cop out tho

Top Bottom