• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Several times.

They can't handle the truth.

jhjhjhjk.gif

this is why you always send someone to distract the other team's heavy and stall them.

Rubenov

Would any Trials gods do me a favour and help my skill-less warlock get a fifth win?
I already have 4 wins on my card and one loss (in addition to the one that was forgiven), so 2 tries max.
I just really love the helmet and would like to get the Y2 version.

What's your psn?

The trials arms are super hot. Can't wait to get them.

Would anyone be down for carrying me next week :p ?

I'm not bad, but I am clearly not skilled enough.

Trakan

Trials is AMAZING now. I had some bounties saved up that I never used last weekend, so I came out of the proceedings with like 75 marks and 305 artifact, all over three cards, never even getting past two golds. Basically took about an hour.

This is fucking BRILLIANTLY designed now with these bounties. There's finally something to shoot for for EVERY player, not just the Triplewrecks of the world.

Not really. Mercury isn't really worth it anymore. They made it harder to get there introducing the skill based matchmaking, with worse connections as they aren't prioritized anymore. They also made the weapons much shittier. I don't even care if I don't get to Mercury. Anyone can get the same rewards people get from Mercury with a different paintjob that lack one shitty perk.

I have no idea what Bungie was thinking with they redesigned this.

MrS

Banned
They want more people who are average at PVP to participate and the chance of a 320 exotic is an enticing way to do that. The bounties give those who aren't super good at PVP a reason to play.

Not really. Mercury isn't really worth it anymore. They made it harder to get there introducing the skill based matchmaking, with worse connections as they aren't prioritized anymore. They also made the weapons much shittier. I don't even care if I don't get to Mercury. Anyone can get the same rewards people get from Mercury with a different paintjob that lack one shitty perk.

What percentage of people get to Mercury? 5% of PVP? How can they reward people for getting there without punishing the 95% who don't?

It's a matter of balance. Now people going to Mercury get extra rewards but other people get stuff too. A lot of people don't even like Trials and they put 310+ exotics in there and only there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What percentage of people get to Mercury? 5% of PVP? How can they reward people for getting there without punishing the 95% who don't?

It's a matter of balance. Now people going to Mercury get extra rewards but other people get stuff too.

in week 1 it was 16% of people that got to Mercury.

Still down for whoever wants to run Oryx.

Dalek

Something strange has happened with this touch of malice quest. I got all the items from the raid, and then Eris had me turn in Hadium Flakes, Wormspore, etc and I got this frame. However I think insisting through the menus too quick and I missed something. I don't have a frame in my inventory and there's no Quest. I just got my 45th Calcium Fragment and there's still nothing-talking to her just brings up the inventory.

NeOak

HoW trials had IMO, better weapons.

I still use The Messenger in normal Crucible due to being just plain OP.

Me too, if you get enough interest! PSN = dorssom.
Yeah I can help with that.
312 - 314 Hunter

I need 1 if there's a team forming, PSN same as here, we're already friends.

Sorry everyone I dont have the HM Oryx checkpoint anymore...also lost the HM Totem checkpoint as well..
Something strange has happened with this touch of malice quest. I got all the items from the raid, and then Eris had me turn in Hadium Flakes, Wormspore, etc and I got this frame. However I think insisting through the menus too quick and I missed something. I don't have a frame in my inventory and there's no Quest. I just got my 45th Calcium Fragment and there's still nothing-talking to her just brings up the inventory.
Did you get any fragments on your other characters?

Dalek

"Lets try to kill a Oryx fireteam! If there is enough people interested! "
1)rawr
2) radiohead1
3) boofa
4) Mindlog
5)
6)

Did you get any fragments on your other characters?

Hmmmm. Dammit. I really hope not.

Does the prompt to do the Fears Embace come up as a quest mission or are you just supposed to go there?

GunnerZ

Holy shit congrats. What were the teams? Dude usually plays with other super skilled guys in Trials, would've loved to catch a stream of dat gaf glory
It was XO,Bits and Derp against Him and two other guys, the other two guys weren't playing that good but all I could say is ZL is a freaking beast

Which strat? I wanna go but 308 may be a little low for the Knight kill strat.

Prob the ignore everything besides ogres and oryx...wait I just realize I dont have the Oryx HM checkpoint anymore. Sorry everyone :(

Hmmmm. Dammit. I really hope not.

Does the prompt to do the Fears Embace come up as a quest mission or are you just supposed to go there?

Yep.Fears Embrace should have a flashing indicator.

Trakan

It's a matter of balance. Now people going to Mercury get extra rewards but other people get stuff too. A lot of people don't even like Trials and they put 310+ exotics in there and only there.

They want more people who are average at PVP to participate and the chance of a 320 exotic is an enticing way to do that. The bounties give those who aren't super good at PVP a reason to play.

I'm not even talking about the average player compared to the top PVP player. I'm saying Mercury isn't worth it and the general changes to the way Trials works (not the bounties) are for the worse. It's harder to get there, the connections are worse, and the rewards are worse. The way they can reward the top people who do get to Mercury is by giving the gun an extra perk that is actually good or the old way where it provided elemental primaries. A random chance at an exotic at a random attack/defense is shit. Literally anybody can complete the bounties. Make getting to Mercury mean something.

Maxed out my Legendary Marks, what's a good recommendation? Already have 1000 y/d stare and Hung Jury.

Year two Bad Juju or Red Death from the exotic blueprints seeing as they won't drop from primary engrams for some reason. Outside of those I can't think of anything :/

I just gamble my marks at the cryptarch now on legendary primary engrams hoping for a good roll Hawksaw, I got one yesterday but the roll is poor.

Top Bottom