• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

My god, I just need to wait for GAFfers.

Went on DestinyLFG for Trials again and it was woeful. Other two dudes were having a social, to the point that we weren't able to talk about the game at all. The players were fine, but we'd die because they were talking about all the exotic bounties or some other unrelated Destiny stuff. No tactics, no locations, no communication. Just as bad as silence.

Also... I see why everyone is using Pulse Rifles.Started using the Trials one, and it's really good.

Xion385

Anyone need a NM Oryx kill? I've got checkpoint.

Edit: Looks like not enough people are interested. Will try again tomorrow.

tumblr_merm0226ie1qejb7go2_250.gif

Lmao thats exactly what i thought of when i read that. Man that movie is hilarious.

You can't get more glue?

Why the hell did I use my glue on the Speaker mask? I fucking hate that guy

Do what Nami said. Supposedly there's a very small chance of glue dropping from the free blue bags you get but I've never seen it or heard directly from anyone getting it.

First you get the silver. Then you get the glue. Then you get the women.... wait, that's not how that goes.

I solo'ed HM CE up to Scrota today just for laughs. So... I've got the CP if you want it...

Doing the Abyss with Dark Drinker is really fun actually. Let a hundred Thralls swarm you then **spin**spin**spin**spin** death to them all. It doesn't even matter if you have weight of darkness x10, they can't mess with you.

Hmm, I might hold you up on that offer.

And awesome. Noted.

TyrantII

You can't get more glue?

Why the hell did I use my glue on the Speaker mask? I fucking hate that guy

Break down the mask and youll get the glue back to use on one you want.

Pretty sure no glue comes from blue packages. People with glue in their inventory either got the drop from their free purple or breaking it down.

Strider

Would anyone be up for a crucible train in 45 minutes or so? Kinda feel like trying to get some of this rust off...

If not guess I'll play Warzone

Mupod

Rumble. Friends.

Feast on their souls.

Yeah that's totally reasonable. It took me 2 days to find a single person to help with a nightfall.

Would anyone be up for a crucible train in 45 minutes or so? Kinda feel like trying to get some of this rust off...

If not guess I'll play Warzone

Crucible is all I'm doing the rest of the night, whether I get this shit-ass quest done or not.

Dante316

Went on DestinyLFG for Trials again and it was woeful. Other two dudes were having a social, to the point that we weren't able to talk about the game at all. The players were fine, but we'd die because they were talking about all the exotic bounties or some other unrelated Destiny stuff. No tactics, no locations, no communication. Just as bad as silence.

Also... I see why everyone is using Pulse Rifles.Started using the Trials one, and it's really good.

I would like to play trails tonight but my eyes and hand not cooperating lol guess thats what 11 hrs of work does. Hopefully ppl r gnna play trials tomorrow. Im just gnna watch my shows now.

I would like to play trails tonight but my eyes and hand not cooperating lol guess thats what 11 hrs of work does. Hopefully ppl r gnna play trials tomorrow. Im just gnna watch my shows now.

I will be up for it tomorrow, same kinda time. What's your PSN?

EDIT: Wow, stupid question... I know it, and you're on it.

LFG is a tricky concept. Sometimes saying "I want to play trials" isn't enough since for some people that will mean super sweaty concentration but others will mean basically normal Crucible, bounties, whatever, who cares. To me, I think of HM Oryx and Trials as the two main end game challenges now so people who want to attempt them should actually be engaged and focused. But not everybody feels that way, especially with Trials.

This is truly the Age of Pulse Rifles. Gotta embrace it or get rekt. Good players can still do well with stuff like Hawkmoon, TLW, Tllaloc, etc but no other weapon class is truly competitive.

can't believe it's subtitled Guardians. I wonder if there's a severe cloud of confusion between the two IPs for the lay gamer at this point

It's hard to fault 343 for picking up the Mantle of Responsibility in Halo, so to speak. Bungie reused some terms that probably started in the Halo Universe...but man between Fireteam Osiris, Guardians, etc. etc. it's uh...it's quite funny.

It's hard to fault 343 for picking up the Mantle of Responsibility in Halo, so to speak. Bungie reused some terms that probably started in the Halo Universe...but man between Fireteam Osiris, Guardians, etc. etc. it's uh...it's quite funny.

Fallen are Covenant like
Hive are Fludd like
Vex are Promethean like
Cabal are like Brutes

LFG is a tricky concept. Sometimes saying "I want to play trials" isn't enough since for some people that will mean super sweaty concentration but others will mean basically normal Crucible, bounties, whatever, who cares. To me, I think of HM Oryx and Trials as the two main end game challenges now so people who want to attempt them should actually be engaged and focused. But not everybody feels that way, especially with Trials.

This is truly the Age of Pulse Rifles. Gotta embrace it or get rekt. Good players can still do well with stuff like Hawkmoon, TLW, Tllaloc, etc but no other weapon class is truly competitive.

I agree. And I don't mind particularly, I am happy to chat. I am not happy if people aren't communicating. I just didn't expect to run into the opposite extreme, where people won't shut up. And I don't understand how they didn't notice it was impacting the game. But, your point remains. They were obviously happy with that level of commitment.

And yeah, I don't think I realised that about PRs until this evening. I feel like my PvP build has made a huge leap, now I just need a better shotgun. Raid one is okay, but it's really all about the impact.

I solo'ed HM CE up to Scrota today just for laughs. So... I've got the CP if you want it...

Doing the Abyss with Dark Drinker is really fun actually. Let a hundred Thralls swarm you then **spin**spin**spin**spin** death to them all. It doesn't even matter if you have weight of darkness x10, they can't mess with you.

aw, man, that sounds like so much fun!!!
I might just load up CE just to do that.

Who's up for a card? I need two more matches on my Warlock for Gold Bounty. I have already been to the lighthouse on all toons. I can go for a serious or casual run.

PSN DirtyAquaticApe

Watching Netflix in the meantime

Edit: Got a team

Top Bottom