• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Namikaze1

So by now, I take it quite many of you have completed the Weapons Pokedex. I'm wondering what's your favorite Year 2 exotic weapon? If swords, specify which one.

Mine has to be Raze-Lighter. I just love Shoryuken'ing enemies.

Least favorite though is the Titan's exclusive AR.

phen0m24

So by now, I take it quite many of you have completed the Weapons Pokedex. I'm wondering what's your favorite Year 2 exotic weapon? If swords, specified which one.

Mine has to be Raze-Lighter. I just love Shoryuken'ing enemies.

Least favorite though is the Titan's exclusive AR.

Bolt Caster so far. And if you remove me from your your friends list, I'll, I'll cry. Or I'll hire Fig to yell at you even when you aren't raiding. ;)

I feel like I just completely miss something...just gonna keep walking..

Are you playing call of doody rawr? Always makes me think of this when I hear the name now

https://youtu.be/obJ0drerpdc

Hey, can anyone confirm that Taniks Cloak can drop from the lvl 20 director version of the strike? Really want it but don't want to waste time farming the wrong version.

It can drop, but these strike specific items are seriously low drops. You can kill Taniks 50 times and not get the cloak. It's a very real possibility.
I'd wait til Taniks is a nightfall. Chances are raised significantly then.

Kinda stupid question but how much does the 3oC boost your chance of exotics? I swear I've only got one exotic from using 10 of them.

If you hadn't used one, chances are you wouldn't have even got that one. Drop rate is just luck though. You could get an exotic engram after just using one. Every one you pop is simply a chance. Every successive pop is a bigger chance, but still only a chance. There is a chance you will get nothing. Happens.
So is our clan Sexy....leaderless now. I've been away from destiny for awhile and now I'm hearing this stuff

Nah, just looks like Ruth has been banished.

Namikaze1

is blops good? i'm considering upgrading my PS4 at gamestop to get the blops edition PS4.
I played the Xbone version. I haven't played much of Multi but in my opinion, this one has the worst campaign of the BLOPs games. Just didn't like it. Zombies though is good. Still need to try the Nightmare campaign mode.

Agent

is blops good? i'm considering upgrading my PS4 at gamestop to get the blops edition PS4.

Haven't touched Destiny since it came out. It's a lot of fun, a nice change of pace from Crucible. I haven't done the Campaign which doesn't seem good and I haven't done much with Zombies.

I find it stupid fun even with your typical campers. Movement feels great at 60 fps. Titan for days.

We should have a Destiny GAF Black Ops 3 PS4 Community since I see a fair amount playing.

Pat_DC

If you hadn't used one, chances are you wouldn't have even got that one. Drop rate is just luck though. You could get an exotic engram after just using one. Every one you pop is simply a chance. Every successive pop is a bigger chance, but still only a chance. There is a chance you will get nothing. Happens.

With 3oCs you can pop multiple and it stacks?

I always forget this. I've actually had more luck with the 3oCs on taken champions on patrol than on strike bosses.

Also Blops3 MP is a lot of fun and best COD mp experience I've had in a long time. SP... eh not so great so far but been focusing on multi too much to really get into it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I always forget this. I've actually had more luck with the 3oCs on taken champions on patrol than on strike bosses.

Also Blops3 MP is a lot of fun and best COD mp experience I've had in a long time.

successive ones increase the odds, not multiples at the same time. they don't stack.

phen0m24

I hope so. I don't wanna miss the pwetty tower tomorrow.

I tawt I taw a puttytat

I give it a meh. Seems like Strider and some others share my opinion. But it's fun enough. The MP is bonkers with all the perks and scopes and such. I made a wolf emblem. I was kinda proud of it. Except it's a fox and probably lame.

I believe so.

It's also everyone's last chance to get the Thriller Dance.

Again, friends list. You delete me there will be consequences. Nami there might even be....

Kumite. Lolol

https://youtu.be/Ksk76-h0_wg

Bolt Caster so far. And if you remove me from your your friends list, I'll, I'll cry. Or I'll hire Fig to yell at you even when you aren't raiding. ;)

What's my starting salary?

Also Blops3 MP is a lot of fun and best COD mp experience I've had in a long time.

No, you have to pop them one at a time. It'd be a waste to use more.

I find it stupid fun even with your typical campers. Movement feels great at 60 fps. Titan for days.

I played the Xbone version. I haven't played much of Multi but in my opinion, this one has the worst campaign of the BLOPs games. Just didn't like it. Zombies though is good. Still need to try the Nightmare campaign mode.
hmm... i dunno how much i would PvP in it, so if the single player campaign isn't good, well, i guess i'll have to look at other options.

thanks for the feedback, Nami & Link!
edit:
I give it a meh. Seems like Strider and some others share my opinion. But it's fun enough. The MP is bonkers with all the perks and scopes and such. I made a wolf emblem. I was kinda proud of it. Except it's a fox and probably lame.
definitely not getting it, then. Thanks colonel!
edit2:
Haven't touched Destiny since it came out. It's a lot of fun, a nice change of pace from Crucible. I haven't done the Campaign which doesn't seem good and I haven't done much with Zombies
thanks for the insight. i'm a so-so PvPer, so i don't think this will be worth it
especially in light of FALLOUT4 HYYYYYPPPPPuh.

edit3:
Also Blops3 MP is a lot of fun and best COD mp experience I've had in a long time. SP... eh not so great so far but been focusing on multi too much to really get into it.
thanks for the info :)

Dante316

Who wants to do trials bounties. Forgot abut that since I been sucking abt blogs 3 lol. Feel sleepy too...let's see if can get 2 others.

1.Dante

I think you're remembering things more positively than they actually were. I think I could count the number of times I saw someone using trials gear that wasn't Messenger on one hand.

You remember how bad the perks were on the jewel? Icarus?

Icarus and Hip Fire on a Hand Cannon are the best perks for PvP. Without those, there's no reason to use a HC over a Scout like Jade Rabbit that can kill in 3 shots from further ranges.

phen0m24

What's my starting salary?

A red delicious! :) A banana? I need to watch that again haha FoTC for the win

hmm... i dunno how much i would PvP in it, so if the single player campaign isn't good, well, i guess i'll have to look at other options.

thanks for the feedback, Nami & Link!
edit:

definitely not getting it, then. Thanks colonel!

Wait for a crazy black Friday special. The SP voice acting in my humble opinion is less than stellar. Rather awkward, actually. It isn't making sense so far but I also watch it with graphic content turned off. I'm lame. :)

I will never delete you, Colonel. :p

You are scared of Fig and/or kumite. :p

Namikaze1

Or I'll hire Fig to yell at you even when you aren't raiding.

She does this even when we're not in the same fireteam or playing the same game.

Misses a goal in FIFA?
"Goddammit, Nami!"

Gets put on a scrubby crucible team?
"This is Nami's fault."

Sees Crux of Crota drop for someone else on the team?
"Fucking Nami and his affair with RNGesus."

Namikaze1

A red delicious! :) A banana? I need to watch that again haha FoTC for the win

Wait for a crazy black Friday special. The SP voice acting in my humble opinion is less than stellar. Rather awkward, actually. It isn't making sense so far but I also watch it with graphic content turned off. I'm lame. :)

You are scared of Fig and/or kumite. :p
I ain't scared of Fig!

She's not online is she? Just wondering you know.

And yeah, I agree on BLOPs 3 voice acting. I hated the VA for the male MC. Detective Stabler was the only good thing from the campaign.

anyone have a succinct, honest explanation as to why the Halo 5 OT is called "The Trials of Osiris"...?

There's something in Halo 5 called Fireteam Osiris. Idk if the title is just a little Destiny joke though, because of the many similarities with the naming conventions of the two games.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's something in Halo 5 called Fireteam Osiris. Idk if the title is just a little Destiny joke though, because of the many similarities with the naming conventions of the two games.
can't believe it's subtitled Guardians. I wonder if there's a severe cloud of confusion between the two IPs for the lay gamer at this point

Namikaze1

anyone have a succinct, honest explanation as to why the Halo 5 OT is called "The Trials of Osiris"...?
You play as Locke, leader of fireteam Osiris, for most of the game. Without going into spoilers territory, you as Locke with the rest of Osiris spend a lot of time trying to get Chief and Blue team all while trying to deal with other things (it's spoilers territory)

Top Bottom