• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

StMeph

Hit 40 last night, Light level around 210.

At 287 Light now. I still missed out on Eirene because I got two random purple drops for +200 rep to the gunsmith, but they came too late and he was no longer taking orders for guns by then on Sunday.

At this point most stuff I want is gated behind reputations, which can only really be done through dailies/bounties. In my first week I chose Future War instead of Dead Orbit, so that means it's going to be a while before I can pick up Hung Jury. Should I just finish of FWC (Rank 2/3) before switching, or switch this coming Wednesday and just switch back later?

Namikaze1

Awesome work! Can you do mine too? :D
iXccOW0.png

Santa me Nami.
47JM0j2.jpg

I always like finding guns that perform well that aren't in the typical Meta. This is my new PvP baby, the Full-Auto SUROS DIS-47 Scout Rifle.

xi7AX8F.png

The DIS-47 is the high-ROF, mid-low impact scout (not quite MIDA, but fastest ROF in TTK).

This was a second week returning Gunsmith roll, and I'm so glad I held onto it. It has Red Dot scope, Perfect Balance, Full-Auto and Smallbore. Incredible stability and full-auto makes this thing a beast.

It's really making me into a better player because it's not a pulse. By that I mean that I have to pay very strict attention to engagement distances and cover. I have to make sure I choose fights and make sure I get my crits. I've been taking into Rumble, and the proof is in the pudding:

MIrmv6A.png

If you did get this roll from the gunsmith, pull it out of your Vault and give it a try.

New paint job - Mudwater brown and shit-stain yellow shader.

New shitty perks - Every time you finish a sprint, you get 0.5 seconds worth of increased melee damage (101% instead of 100). It'll be called "Fooled you once, twice and now thrice"

Eh, I doubt challenge mode will even have new gear. Just the 320 artifact as a quest from the 3 missing fragments, and hm loot dropping at 315+ or something like that.

E92 M3

Eh, I doubt challenge mode will even have new gear. Just the 320 artifact as a quest from the 3 missing fragments, and hm loot dropping at 315+ or something like that.

320 artifact will be such a shitty reward. Won't even bother doing fragments on 3 characters.

X-Frame

So should we expect the remaining time-gated exotic armor pieces to be released/unlocked this month for the upcoming patch or part of the larger December patch (which would be 3 months post-TTK)?

noomi

So should we expect the remaining time-gated exotic armor pieces to be released/unlocked this month for the upcoming patch or part of the larger December patch (which would be 3 months post-TTK)?

Maybe they are locked behind some sort of quest system, similar to the NTTE and Sleeper?

Is there a list somewhere of the 9 exotic armors we don't have available in game yet and what their main perk is?

I know there is that Titan chest that gives them that awesome jumping thing, and a warlock boot that buffs blink somehow but that's it.

Having a hard time tracking them down behind my work filter.

Is there a list somewhere of the 9 exotic armors we don't have available in game yet and what their main perk is?

I know there is that Titan chest that gives them that awesome jumping thing, and a warlock boot that buffs blink somehow but that's it.

Having a hard time tracking them down behind my work filter.

Huh, just saw this thing for the first time.

a6dc3ead3f63c5de5f6601e46a6d9298.jpg

The Tarantella
Take reduced Arc damage from minions of the Darkness; Arc Grenades and Arc Blade recharge faster

Sounds...okay?

Just give me these:

11f301cb8d8ec148f8d8719e64080c83.jpg

Dunemarchers

SPEED DEMON – Increased sprint speed, extended slide distance, increased movement speed while aiming your weapon, and tighter turn radius while sprinting.

Gotta go fast!

2ab.gif

X-Frame

The Warlock exotics we got are garbage compared to the ones they're holding back. Need that helmet.

Same with the Titan ones. The ones held back are vastly superior. Even the Thagomizers.

In-air dodge? MIDA-like Super speed? Melee/Super recharge feedback loop?

All of my want.

5985a184214d8bc8f39c88aa13f01737.jpg

One-Two Punch
Fist of Havoc kills recharge your melee and melee kills recharge Fist of Havoc. Gain an additional melee charge.

8PpRw27.png

Good luck.

Another horrible exotic. The bones is all we need.

Graviton Forfeit seems to be the only new Hunter exotic worth having. It's a good thing it looks so good. Which is mostly why I wear it.

I'll be looking for a hard warpriest onwards raid in about 4 hours.

Then i need to complete the Trials bounties with 2 chars. Or go to Mercury, whichever comes first.

E92 M3

One-Two Punch
Fist of Havoc kills recharge your melee and melee kills recharge Fist of Havoc. Gain an additional melee charge.

8PpRw27.png

Good luck.

Graviton Forfeit seems to be the only new Hunter exotic worth having. It's a good thing it looks so good. Which is mostly why I wear it.

I use the one with heavy super energy; has great synergy with LMGs and swords.

I also need nightfalls done.. Should I bother? Most likely not.

I'll probably just do 1 on Xbox since that's the one I need stuff the most.

306 Hard Oryx kill hype

GutZ31

One-Two Punch

8PpRw27.png

Good luck.

The crucible is ranked highest with users playing Hunters, so Bungie is just trying to level the playing field...
By making titans stomp the whole damn game now.

X-Frame

One-Two Punch

8PpRw27.png

Good luck.

These seem like they'd benefit the Striker more in PvE -- though the effects need to be very significant in order for anyone to even remotely think of bringing a Striker in PvE when we have Defenders and Sunbreakers.

I'm talking each Storm Fist kill replenishing like 1/3rd of the Fist of Havoc meter. It needs to be huge.

And Fist of Havoc kills basically need to instantly recharge the melee. If the boosts are large enough then a Striker should be able to just punch/punch/FoH right into more punching, then anther FoH, etc.

Hopefully Shoulder Charge applies as well.

The crucible is ranked highest with users playing Hunters, so Bungie is just trying to level the playing field...
By making titans stomp the whole damn game now.

Running three titan Sunbreakers in ToO this weekend, all with max INT...even if you don't kill anyone with it, you force them into a trap everytime. I would go full time Titan if I didn't love the Warlock's grenades.

Daemul

These seem like they'd benefit the Striker more in PvE -- though the effects need to be very significant in order for anyone to even remotely think of bringing a Striker in PvE when we have Defenders and Sunbreakers.

I'm talking each Storm Fist kill replenishing like 1/3rd of the Fist of Havoc meter. It needs to be huge.

And Fist of Havoc kills basically need to instantly recharge the melee. If the boosts are large enough then a Striker should be able to just punch/punch/FoH right into more punching, then anther FoH, etc.

Hopefully Shoulder Charge applies as well.

Man I love the Striker Titan, even though I'm a Hunter now I'll always have good memories of the days I got multi kills with well time FoH's, trolled people with Shoulder Charge and clutched 1v3 ToO rounds by using well place Lightning grenades to damage the other team before moping them up with TLW.

Good times.

Man I love the Striker Titan, even though I'm a Hunter now I'll always have good memories of the days I got multi kills with well time FoH's, trolled people with Shoulder Charge and clutched 1v3 ToO rounds by using well place Lightning grenades to damage the other team before moping them up with TLW.

Good times.

I switched back to Striker for Trials this week after a terrible week as a Sunbreaker last week.

Last week was everyone running away as soon as my hammer was announced to the other team. It was basically a glorified team rez super, since I could at least scare people away so I could rez for a few seconds.

Of course, Bannerfall had some pretty terrible geometry for lightning grenades, too.

Exodus Blue on the other hand was great for lightning grenades, so I made the switch and made a lot more solid plays due to lightning grenades and FoH.

LTWood12

I switched back to Striker for Trials this week after a terrible week as a Sunbreaker last week.

Last week was everyone running away as soon as my hammer was announced to the other team. It was basically a glorified team rez super, since I could at least scare people away so I could rez for a few seconds.

Of course, Bannerfall had some pretty terrible geometry for lightning grenades, too.

Exodus Blue on the other hand was great for lightning grenades, so I made the switch and made a lot more solid plays due to lightning grenades and FoH.

Did you ever try running Armamentarium? W/ high enough other gear the hit to your light level is doable.

Did you ever try running Armamentarium? W/ high enough other gear the hit to your light level is doable.

I would have done if I wasn't trying to get gear for my friends. Our group of 6 hasn't found Trials anywhere near as enjoyable this time around so we're pretty much going through getting the easy armor and maybe the weapon, with the bounties.

If we were just going in to have a fun time I would have done it.

I played a match against 2 Sunbreakers and 1 Striker over the weekend. They wrecked us. The Striker used nades to push us around the map and saved his super for our warlock rez. It was damn impressive.

Top Bottom