• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

Which is funny because I thought those were the most useless Hunter exotic from year 1. :lol

LG3_SZ8_C.png

Kyne

I played a match against 2 Sunbreakers and 1 Striker over the weekend. They wrecked us. The Striker used nades to push us around the map and saved his super for our warlock rez. It was damn impressive.

seriously. People can say whatever they want about the new meta but it's definitely making people think outside the box and be more creative with their classes overall.

Woo! Love the Invective. That was some good/damn impressive movement play too! Why are you on Xbox :p
huh? Kartik-chan, Auto Aim's PS4 name, plays on PS4. Welp he also has a xbone as well :p but he plays destiny on PS4.
At 287 Light now. I still missed out on Eirene because I got two random purple drops for +200 rep to the gunsmith, but they came too late and he was no longer taking orders for guns by then on Sunday.

At this point most stuff I want is gated behind reputations, which can only really be done through dailies/bounties. In my first week I chose Future War instead of Dead Orbit, so that means it's going to be a while before I can pick up Hung Jury. Should I just finish of FWC (Rank 2/3) before switching, or switch this coming Wednesday and just switch back later?

Eh its up to you. I believe you can switch fractions once a week until the next reset day. I heard FWC has a good Rocket launcher for pvp?

Running around strikes with a sword and Skyburners Annex is a pretty cool support class roll. Orbs for days.

The Skyburners is great for making orbs and the Grasps are great for the double invis or double venom bombs in multi.

Nightstalker makes tons of orbs anyway. Can't see Skyburners being that much more beneficial, but sure it's kinda useful.

Double throwing knives is also cool. So the others have their uses. Fine. But they don't look half as good.

If you say so...

Personally I think it looks like ass since I can't find a shader that actually compliments it.

How? It looks fine with most shaders. Black and white obviously complement it best. Unless you're hellbent on a green shader or something.

huh? Kartik-chan, Auto Aim's PS4 name, plays on PS4. Welp he also has a xbone as well :p but he plays destiny on PS4.

Eh its up to you. I believe you can switch fractions once a week until the next reset day. I heard FWC has a good Rocket launcher for pvp?

I must have been mistaken. I thought it said "X to Reload" I need more coffee...

E92 M3

I'd give Bungie $27.43 for them to bring back the original TLW (minus ADS glitch). It was the most fun I ever had with Destiny PVP.

E92 M3

I really need to learn how to do that. I'm always worried I'll fuck it up and then just get instantly killed and give them an overshield.

It takes a little practice (with fuck ups) to learn, but very satisfying. I wouldn't do it in a clutch 4-4 game though, not enough confidence for that lol. Have about a ~90% success rate.

Kyne

I played a match against 2 Sunbreakers and 1 Striker over the weekend. They wrecked us. The Striker used nades to push us around the map and saved his super for our warlock rez. It was damn impressive.

seriously. People can say whatever they want about the new meta but it's definitely making people think outside the box and be more creative with their classes overall.

Kyoufu

Um, how is that a new thing for this meta? Strikers did that all the time in Year 1.

Not really. We could have had the same old meta and still had people doing stuff like this.

Kyne

Um, how is that a new thing for this meta? Strikers did that all the time in Year 1.

I'm more talking about the movement that comes with matches now.

Like, snipers aside, I feel like there's a lot more CQC (maybe it's this weeks map?) than I ever felt during the era of Thorn.

Maybe it's just me. I think this is the first time we get this map on ToO rotation which is a shame because I'm very interested in comparing this new meta's thermal map locations with the older sets. Guess I'll just have to wait.

This map is small and has lots of enclosed areas as well as big open sight-lines. That's why there's more shotguns and less snipers than usual. Also pulse meta allows for more shotgun users since they have such ridiculous range.

That's my job..so bad at sniping :( I just get lucky often..

Tell me about it.

It takes a little practice (with fuck ups) to learn, but very satisfying. I wouldn't do it in a clutch 4-4 game though, not enough confidence for that lol. Have about a ~90% success rate.

Maybe one day when I finally get back into Crucible, I'll give it a shot. Or in Trials against a scrubby team.

So far no, to my knowledge.

Weird.

I like you

It's my lifeblood and thankfully my GF makes a damn good pot of coffee.

In ToO 2.0 I have seen more "plays" than before. I've also seen A LOT more flanking. That could be a product of better teams playing or the increased time to kill. I'm not sure.

I'm more talking about the movement that comes with matches now.

Like, snipers aside, I feel like there's a lot more CQC (maybe it's this weeks map?) than I ever felt during the era of Thorn.

Maybe it's just me. I think this is the first time we get this map on ToO rotation which is a shame because I'm very interested in comparing this new meta's thermal map locations with the older sets. Guess I'll just have to wait.

I'm not sure we'll see year 1 maps in Trials at this point. Outside of Exodus Blue and Timekeeper. Both of which weren't available in Trials last year.

Y1 Destiny only saw 1 Vanilla Map, 2 Dark Below, and 3 House of Wolves maps.

I'd bet Bungie tries to keep it fresh with only Year 2 maps with the Year 1 exclusives.

Kyne

I hope they realize that the shotgun nerf they implemented didn't really do anything.

-nerf shotgun range
-nerf sniper AA
-buff handcannons

that's the abridged version of what would make pvp better in a nutshell. I've already put out a long list of what actually needs to be looked at (which was very similar to one that Zoba spelled out) but the 3 things listed should really be top priority.

Hey Gaf, I'm looking for a group that is willing to take a raid noob through the King's Fall raid. Hunter, ll 294, on PS4.

Wanna let me tag along? Add Angry_Jansen

GutZ31

Venting time~

Got done emailing a client a family member sent me, but also gave them a price only gifted to family, or business deals.

The job was done months ago, and was paid VERY late for the work after many revisions with no pay.

The client wanted more changes done today, and when I told them there would be a fee, the work needed done magically didn't matter anymore.

I had to explain to my sister(the family member that set this all up) that she is not allowed to set up family deals unless if benefits herself, or the family, as myself, and she will only be burned.

This shit of people thinking you work for free, or you somehow don't have to do much to change things is fucking infuriating.

Venting over.

Venting time~

Got done emailing a client a family member sent me, but also gave them a price only gifted to family, or business deals.

The job was done months ago, and was paid VERY late for the work after many revisions with no pay.

The client wanted more changes done today, and when I told them there would be a fee, the work needed done magically didn't matter anymore.

I had to explain to my sister(the family member that set this all up) that she is not allowed to set up family deals unless if benefits herself, or the family, as myself, and she will only be burned.

This shit of people thinking you work for free, or you somehow don't have to do much to change things is fucking infuriating.

Venting over.

You're a graphic designer right?

Don't worry, fuck those people who want to take advantage of you.

LTWood12

Venting time~

Venting over.

Dude that's the worst. I've been there.

Venting time~

Venting over.

I hate this stuff. Everyone business owner in the world has some son/nephew that "knows computers" so how hard could it be to make this kind of stuff, right?

It's what made me go back to the government sector after a 5 year stint in private.

Venting time~

Venting over.

Yea I know how that is. We have in-house costumers aka the business side, in the company I work for. We help their jobs by automating processes and giving them more power and flexibility, Yada Yada Yada.

One of our main customers basically set a ridiculous deadline for me, for something that takes an entire team of people 2 years to create, for me to do it by myself in a few months time. Their motto is "I want it done now and I don't want to pay for it". One of the directors actually said that. As if the people that do the work are peasants.

GutZ31

You're a graphic designer right?

Don't worry, fuck those people who want to take advantage of you.

Yeah, I do graphics design, as well as electronic diagnostics/repair work.

"Hey, could you work a 14 hour shift today? Oh! But we can't pay you. You're ok with this right?"

I wonder how people would take their boss telling them to work for free.
Dude that's the worst. I've been there.
:(
I hate this stuff. Everyone business owner in the world has some son/nephew that "knows computers" so how hard could it be to make this kind of stuff, right?

It's what made me go back to the government sector after a 5 year stint in private.

Yeah, fucking retarded. Glad you found a nice place to feed yourself plus a little extra.
Yea I know how that is. We have in-house costumers aka the business side, in the company I work for. We help their jobs by automating processes and giving them more power and flexibility, Yada Yada Yada.

One of our main customers basically set a ridiculous deadline for me, for something that takes an entire team of people 2 years to create, for me to do it by myself in a few months time. Their motto is "I want it done now and I don't want to pay for it". One of the directors actually said that. As if the people that do the work are peasants.
Bro...
Thats fucking brutal.
Time to think about outsourcing to india lol.
All jokes aside, I feel ya.
That just sucks on a whole nother level.

"Hey, could you work a 14 hour shift today? Oh! But we can't pay you. You're ok with this right?"

Back in April, I worked 2x 100 hour work weeks back to back. And I don't get paid OT. And I was just helping this team out, got loaned. Shortly after that some part of the program wasn't working and I got yelled at to "buckle down and get it done". I'm helping them and going above and beyond and then I get yelled at. I seriously wanted to break some shit.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Which bits in Crota's End could drop Red Death? Just Ir Yût and Crota right?

Had the same problem with a newspaper I worked at. I quit in the end since I felt like the donkey doing all the work and the others getting the rewards. Remember one day a couple came in wanting changes to an advertisement and messed around with the smallest of details. They were there for like 3 hours and it went through my lunch break. In the end the changes were so pointless and I even explained on print they would be barely noticeable.

Toki767

Can I just say that it seems ridiculous that doing Trials gives you guaranteed rewards while doing the raid only guarantees you moldering shards with the chance of actual gear?

GutZ31

Back in April, I worked 2x 100 hour work weeks back to back. And I don't get paid OT. And I was just helping this team out, got loaned. Shortly after that some part of the program wasn't working and I got yelled at to "buckle down and get it done". I'm helping them and going above and beyond and then I get yelled at. I seriously wanted to break some shit.

Sometimes, I just feel like people suck.
Your story makes me think they really do. Fuck dude, your story just makes me angry for you.
Can I just say that it seems ridiculous that doing Trials gives you guaranteed rewards while doing the raid only guarantees you moldering shards with the chance of actual gear?
And yet another thing to be angry about...

phen0m24

Venting time~

Venting over.

Always great when you can do something people are scared of (taking computers apart and putting them back together) and you do it, get their system back, and they cheap out on you. Yeah never again.

Da feels. I have them.

Afrocious

Nami, could you give Missile (my avatar) a santa cap?

Venting time~

Venting over.

This sucks dude. I've gone through it and I don't even offer my services to my family anymore unless it's for excruciating circumstances.

Hey Gaf, I'm looking for a group that is willing to take a raid noob through the King's Fall raid. Hunter, ll 294, on PS4.

Wanna let me tag along? Add Angry_Jansen
Try tomorrow since its reset day and it should be the most active.
Venting time~

Venting over.
Sorry to hear that :/

:(

Yeah, fucking retarded. Glad you found a nice place to feed yourself plus a little extra.

Bro...
Thats fucking brutal.
Time to think about outsourcing to india lol.
All jokes aside, I feel ya.
That just sucks on a whole nother level.

Sometimes, I just feel like people suck.
Your story makes me think they really do. Fuck dude, your story just makes me angry for you.

And yet another thing to be angry about...

Yea, after that, you can tell how much extra effort I put in for them. Don't treat somebody that's working their ass off for you, like shit, over and over again.

Afrocious

Hey question on tracking loot and graphs:

I'm making an app that can track my drops. I want to display this data visually, but I have no clue what's a good graph to use. I figured a line graph would be fine, or even a scatter plot, to show how much RNG has screwed me over, but none of these seem to fit the bill as far as showing how all over the place endgame loot is.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Top Bottom