• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I wish I were more knowledgeable about graphs and data. At the moment, I'm checking out the documentation for the library I'm using to handle graphs. They do allow histograms, but I dunno if this is developed enough to handle your suggestions:

http://www.pygal.org/en/latest/documentation/types/histogram.html

Basically, I don't know jack about graphs outside of what I learned in high school.

Matplotlib is the most powerful python graphing library I know of, but the syntax is weird if you're not familiar with Matlab.

Some were wondering in here.
I GOT THE JOB!
Colbert-Celebrating.gif

Afrocious

Some were wondering in here.
I GOT THE JOB!
Colbert-Celebrating.gif

giphy.gif

Matplotlib is the most powerful python graphing library I know of, but the syntax is weird if you're not familiar with Matlab.

I tried using Matplotlib, but it doesn't work well with virtual environments, which is what I'm using to work on python projects.

There is a fix for it, but it's a bit too involved IMO and I'm making this on my work computer (when not working on a work-related project, I can get away with making personal projects). I'd rather not risk screwing up my machine's setup.

I'm now wondering if I could use javascript on the front end to deal with graphs.

Congrats, math! \o/

I tried using Matplotlib, but it doesn't work well with virtual environments, which is what I'm using to work on python projects.

There is a fix for it, but it's a bit too involved IMO and I'm making this on my work computer (when not working on a work-related project, I can get away with making personal projects). I'd rather not risk screwing up my machine's setup.

I'm now wondering if I could use javascript on the front end to deal with graphs.

D3 is all the rage when it comes to graphing with javascript, but I don't know anything beyond that. :p

I took a crack at a sample graph for hard mode drops.

egQV2da.jpg

Basically a scatterplot of light vs drop location and instead of doing a point, using coded values HMG for Heavy Machine Gun, PR for Pulse Rifle, etc. You could color code each by character. Or since each bosses drops are fairly independent, you can change the X-axis to be character and then just put the drops for each character in a Y-column.

Afrocious

Thanks guys. XD

Now to take a drug test. Hopefully they won't detect all that ether Iv been snorting.

At least you know you have a drug test to take and prepare for it.

When I got my job, I was so paranoid about if I'd have to take a drug test or not. I ended up emailing my recruiter a lie about how I was on meds that may show up in a drug test.

When he told me I didn't have to take a test, I don't think I've ever been so stoned in my life. In fact, that whole week was such a blur I ended up chilling out on the stuff.

Afrocious

Congrats, math! \o/

D3 is all the rage when it comes to graphing with javascript, but I don't know anything beyond that. :p

I took a crack at a sample graph for hard mode drops.

egQV2da.jpg

Basically a scatterplot of light vs drop location and instead of doing a point, using coded values HMG for Heavy Machine Gun, PR for Pulse Rifle, etc. You could color code each by character. Or since each bosses drops are fairly independent, you can change the X-axis to be character and then just put the drops for each character in a Y-column.

Something of the sort was my original idea minus the labeling of the dots to indicate what they represent, which is absolutely necessary and I don't know why I excluded that to begin with :p

Gonna check out D3.

At least you know you have a drug test to take and prepare for it.

When I got my job, I was so paranoid about if I'd have to take a drug test or not. I ended up emailing my recruiter a lie about how I was on meds that may show up in a drug test.

When he told me I didn't have to take a test, I don't think I've ever been so stoned in my life. In fact, that whole week was such a blur I ended up chilling out on the stuff.
Holy shit I'm dieing.

Highwind

So I guess I missed my chance to do VoG for the NTTE? lol.

If it were possible I'd just solo the whole thing. Nobody seems to be running it anymore.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I might give this a try. I use them on the level 36 list because I've noticed no benefit of running the heroics (other than that they're usually more enjoyable) but I suspect I've been wasting them due to using them too frequently.

Down into single figures for the first time in ages, and days left before I can buy more (and I'm feeling the lack of strange coins as well). D:

Tried it and dropped an exotic chest on the 4th. I had Dust Palace so had to do an extra strike. I'll do another run in a bit.

Thanks to a recent rpg that shall not be named, Gaf is having another one of their patented east vs west "discussions." Ugh.
I'm sticking to Destiny and off topic for now.

Hmm, i'm in a similar spot. I've been working on a project, haven't had a sat or sun off in months. Infact there's a festival on wednesday and I'll still be working, trying to make the program work in real time by friday.
That's not gonna happen

All my work is in AI and vision and i'm being paid peanuts for it. The plus side is that I'm treated like royalty and i've got to network with a lot of pioneering people in the field.

Damn! That doesn't sound good Dhruv. Being treated great and networking are 2 very important things. Will you look bad if it doesn't work by Friday, though? I hope not

Holy ish. So guardian.gg is a new Destiny stats website that tracks all players of Destiny. It assigns everyone an ELO skill rating, like in Chess. There's a leaderboard, too. I was browsing the Trials one.

Wicked is #15, Rubenov is #29. Out of 411,000 guardians.

(TripleWreck is down at #43.)

were-not-worthy.gif

Holy smokes! Congrates to Wicked and Rubenov! I love playing cards with them. I learn so much.

DirtyAquaticApe is 12,623

I guess that's alright for me!

Top Bottom