• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Kyoufu

I just want Hand Cannons to be good again. Auto Rifles to not be totally outclassed by Hori Hawksaws and Snipers to not have so much aim assist.

Is that too much to ask for?

edit: let's not forget Fusion Rifles too. Dead since vanilla.

Finally got a grasp. Comes with last resort, injection mold, range finder, and red dot oas.

Not the best roll but the stability is really high and it's better than any other pulse I've tried.

I fully support the school of thought implemented in Modern Warfare 2: making everything OP and let people decide how they want to play. What we have now in Destiny is everyone using pulse rifles.

worth a try i guess.

All this would do is raise the TTK levels so high that class abilities would lose important. People would all shift to the class that has a super/grenade combo that can give them the best situations.

If TTKs climb to high, certain supers become useless. Stormcallers, Sunsingers, Breakers, Blade Dancers, and possibly Defenders and Gun Slingers would all become very challenging to pull off.

LTWood12

I fully support the school of thought implemented in Modern Warfare 2: making everything OP and let people decide how they want to play. What we have now in Destiny is everyone using pulse rifles.

Hell yes this. Loved how I could play that game, going through ranking up every gun to get all the attachments, and still do really well.

Sniper AA definitely needs to come down. Personally, I'd like to see the AA aspect of scopes removed entirely and just have the scope choices reflect different reticles and/or magnification.

So if I bought Fallout 4 PS4 what would be two other good PS4 games to get
(that I'll probably never play)
with the B2G1 deal at Target?
If it works like it has in the past you can return two of the games and keep Fallout at the discounted price ($40). I've bought games and then immediately returned them at Customer Service before.

phen0m24

It's what the year 3000 in Destiny and they still make weapons with bad accuracy and same mold as 1900-2000 stuff. Hawkmoon should hit people from a mile away and TLW should have homing bullets that explode on impact on a molecular level.

Kadey just play Black Ops 3 then. Or BF 2142. Hahaha all futuristic choices.

I want an AK47 in Destiny.

Lnkn the back of the Zhalo actually says EK 97 if I remember right. It's based off of the AK which can't hit the broad side of a barn in full auto. (I'm totally making that up, I've never fired one, but I've seen Rambo)

Just need warpriest onwards. Found a new group after my 2 hours of fail earlier this week.

One guy said "what's weapons of light?" another guy was using Zhalo on warpriest instead of his black spindle. 4 wipes later, pretty good start.

It's what the year 3000 in Destiny and they still make weapons with bad accuracy and same mold as 1900-2000 stuff. Hawkmoon should hit people from a mile away and TLW should have homing bullets that explode on impact on a molecular level.

Don't feel bad for the poor guardian tech, feel bad for the Hive, who've been around for a million-billion years and are still using swordcraft and sorcery.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That 3oC method posted on Reddit is working for me. I've done 10 strikes now and got 3 exotic drops by using just 3 Three of Coins. Once you've got the exotic leave the next strike then start again to let the strike multiplier to build up again.

phen0m24

That 3oC method posted on Reddit is working for me. I've done 10 strikes now and got 3 exotic drops by using just 3 Three of Coins. Once you've got the exotic leave the next strike then start again to let the strike multiplier to build up again.
Will have to try it on my Titan. Thanks V

E92 M3

All this would do is raise the TTK levels so high that class abilities would lose important. People would all shift to the class that has a super/grenade combo that can give them the best situations.

If TTKs climb to high, certain supers become useless. Stormcallers, Sunsingers, Breakers, Blade Dancers, and possibly Defenders and Gun Slingers would all become very challenging to pull off.

Everything you said was still viable when TLW was a good weapon. If Bungie does anything. at least remove the accuracy nerf on the HC. That is just unacceptable.

Hell yes this. Loved how I could play that game, going through ranking up every gun to get all the attachments, and still do really well.

Yeah, it was so good. I could get nukes running a silenced M16, sniping, SMG, LMG, and other crazy/unique perk-weapon combos. Miss that game.

Sniper AA definitely needs to come down. Personally, I'd like to see the AA aspect of scopes removed entirely and just have the scope choices reflect different reticles and/or magnification.

Agreed. The fact that AA is even a stat is terrible to me.

Bungie is smart: let new players experience sniping a bit. There is nothing wrong with a beginner getting a headshot here and there. Pros will still be pros with the sniper. The only thing changing the AA will do is make the weapon class uninteresting for newer players.

Overall, I don't think Bungie needs to take the elitist attitude that 343 took. Secondly, I still see a ton of people running around with the shotgun. Overall, I just don't get the whole mentality of making the game harder for people so the 1% can feel better about themselves. Good snipers aren't getting out outgunned by beginners.

It's kinda funny, as I get older, I want to see a game embrace the whole community and Destiny has been great at that. Don't get me wrong, I am still super competitive, but don't mind when casuals have their fun too.

jediyoshi

Looking at the top primary weapons used in Trials on that guardian.gg website is amusing.

qeVHbXg.jpg

RIP Pulse Rifles in next weapon rebalance patch.

Fuck that there aren't that many Jade Rabbits out there. All fucking lies.

Goddamnit when am I getting one.

SoulClap

No luck with the 3oC method for me. I had to do four strikes too since Psion Flayers was third in the rotation. Maybe it's because I popped my coin in the middle of fourth strike rather than right away? Ah well.

Trakan

Everything you said was still viable when TLW was a good weapon. If Bungie does anything. at least remove the accuracy nerf on the HC. That is just unacceptable.

Yeah, it was so good. I could get nukes running a silenced M16, sniping, SMG, LMG, and other crazy/unique perk-weapon combos. Miss that game.

Bungie is smart: let new players experience sniping a bit. There is nothing wrong with a beginner getting a headshot here and there. Pros will still be pros with the sniper. The only thing changing the AA will do is make the weapon class uninteresting for newer players.

Overall, I don't think Bungie needs to take the elitist attitude that 343 took. Secondly, I still see a ton of people running around with the shotgun. Overall, I just don't get the whole mentality of making the game harder for people so the 1% can feel better about themselves. Good snipers aren't getting out outgunned by beginners.

It's kinda funny, as I get older, I want to see a game embrace the whole community and Destiny has been great at that. Don't get me wrong, I am still super competitive, but don't mind when casuals have their fun too.

This is a terrible way to balance things. Just because a "good" player can beat a casual head to head doesn't mean you let everyone run around with broken ass weapons. Sniper aim assist is currently insane and turns anyone into a sniping God. I could out-gun someone using Thorn myself doesn't mean it wasn't annoying as hell to play against.

A weapon should not make a player better.

Deku Tree

No luck with the 3oC method for me. I had to do four strikes too since Psion Flayers was third in the rotation. Maybe it's because I popped my coin in the middle of fourth strike rather than right away? Ah well.

Nobody said it was a 100% chance but a very high chance.

Kyoufu

At least coming back from Fallout 4 to Destiny will feel like an upgrade in frame rate this time.

It took some adjusting after playing a 60 fps game the other week.

I'm not saying it wasn't. Just describing what would happen if power creep was left unchecked for too long.

Well someone needs to clear out a niche for Fusion Rifles, dang it. :p

I would love to see how Fusion rifles played out if their bolts didn't just disappear at 10 meters.

I must have missed this. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

Top Bottom