• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

There are plenty of people around here that would be willing to help you knock out a 5 win ticket, or even just some bounties.

The bounties also give 300-310 rewards, they just take time.

If you don't have time to do it today, I highly recommend you give it a shot next weekend.

If you do decide to do it today, remember that you can buy buffs on your ticket that reduce the number of wins you need down to a possible 3.

So 3 wins before 4 loses (if you play it right).

I'll be around tonight, like 10PM EDT, if anyone wants to help me out with it. BlackSunshine007 is my PSN ID.

Pachimari

It's one of the best shooters out.

I tell you. In one week, I have bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (love it!), Halo 5 (have a hard time getting into it), Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Forza Horizon 2 and Destiny: The Taken King - and I know I can't compare games like these, but Destiny is the one which has surprised me the most.

Time-gated isn't the right terminology to use here. It's just the current buzzword that fires up the community more than anything else right now.

It's just a cap on buff item.

There is nothing "time-gated" by this system.

Edit; Chances are there is just a system in place that prevents users from getting more the X glimmer at a certain speed. It was probably not even intended for the players to hit that cap, and was just there to make sure no one was exploiting to pad their wallets.

Ghazi

Holy ish. So guardian.gg is a new Destiny stats website that tracks all players of Destiny. It assigns everyone an ELO skill rating, like in Chess. There's a leaderboard, too. I was browsing the Trials one.

Wicked is #15, Rubenov is #29. Out of 411,000 guardians.

(TripleWreck is down at #43.)

were-not-worthy.gif
Huh. I'm #58 in rumble. Sweet.

GhaleonEB

My money is on a bug.

I've had this happen to me, a lot, and at totally random times. A few times I went into a darkness zone, didn't get glimmer, then came out and started getting it again. I ran an entire mission (the Wolves of Mars mission with the tank) and didn't get candy or glimmer the entire time. It seems to toggle on or off almost at random, sometimes early on, sometimes later, and often when I transition between spaces and activities. I think it's a big in tracking whether it's on or not, rather than an unannounced throttle.

lt519

Fallout. PC version it is.

I wish I could run that on my old x51 ): I'll just have to save every 5 minutes like I did on PS3 with FO and Skyrim. If there was one game to get me to upgrade though this would be it, but unfortunately my CPU is a massive bottleneck and at this point is cheaper to rebuild.

My money is on a bug.

I've had this happen to me, a lot, and at totally random times. A few times I went into a darkness zone, didn't get glimmer, then came out and started getting it again. I ran an entire mission (the Wolves of Mars mission with the tank) and didn't get candy or glimmer the entire time. It seems to toggle on or off almost at random, sometimes early on, sometimes later, and often when I transition between spaces and activities. I think it's a big in tracking whether it's on or not, rather than an unannounced throttle.

I really think it's some kind of check to see if players are abusing some system to exploit the game for glimmer at a rate that isn't intended.

Except something is throwing false positives, and players are noticing.

LTWood12

I really think it's some kind of check to see if players are abusing some system to exploit the game for glimmer at a rate that isn't intended.

Except something is throwing false positives, and players are noticing.

If there was such a check in place, it should be explicitly disclosed to the players.

My money is on a bug.

I agree that it's most likely a bug. There's a hard cap on Glimmer total anyways, so it serves little purpose to put in an acquisition soft cap. And I don't see a scenario where Bungie would want to code anything extra that they didn't feel was necessary (even if we as a playerbase don't agree with those feelings).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was going to buy PS4 version with the buy two get one free at target deal and get the PC version down the line for GOTY edition but then digital foundry was like LOL get PC version if you want no framerate issues.

Still going to do weekly stuff with Destiny just because.

I agree that it's most likely a bug. There's a hard cap on Glimmer total anyways, so it serves little purpose to put in an acquisition soft cap. And I don't see a scenario where Bungie would want to code anything extra that they didn't feel was necessary (even if we as a playerbase don't agree with those feelings).

It could have been coded in before there was a glimmer cap. Or maybe back when the glimmer cap was much higher than it is now.

If there was such a check in place, it should be explicitly disclosed to the players.

I disagree. The only thing that would come from that is you'll have a small group of people who dedicate themselves to learning how to min/max the system.

I'm also assuming the check is broken, and we shouldn't have even come across it.

spyder_ur

Congrats to Rubenov and Wicked - doing yeoman's work. Makes me feel even crappier when I failed to get to the lighthouse with them.

LTWood12

I WANT to want to play Fallout 4. I've been excited for it eventually coming out for years. Now that it's almost here for some reason I'm just very indifferent to it. Before Destiny, Fallout 3 was the game I put the most hours into of anything ever.

I WANT to want to play Fallout 4. I've been excited for it eventually coming out for years. Now that it's almost here for some reason I'm just very indifferent to it. Before Destiny, Fallout 3 was the game I put the most hours into of anything ever.

You are perfectly in the non hyped zone

Jump into fallout 4. I wish I was as indifferent as you towards fallot 4 o:

Frenden

Banned
According to Destiny Tracker, I was top 1500-2000 ish overall pre-2.0 (if I remember right). I just checked the new site. Post 2.0?

300,000-ish. Holy fuck. I suck in this meta so hard. I'm discouraged from even trying. I still have no idea which primary I can stomach. I don't like a single PR despite having good (or god) rolls for all of them.

I'm going to stop complaining now, though--I just need to accept the fact that I'm shit without hand cannons.

Deku Tree

So if I bought Fallout 4 PS4 what would be two other good PS4 games to get
(that I'll probably never play)
with the B2G1 deal at Target?

X-Frame

Can someone remind of what Xur sells .. Is it 2 Strange Coins gives me 1 Mote of Light?

Or 2 Motes of Light gives me 1 Strange Coin? I forget.

So if I bought Fallout 4 PS4 what would be two other good PS4 games to get
(that I'll probably never play)
with the B2G1 deal at Target?

Wolfenstein
Batman
Dragon Age
Witcher 3

Those are all on my list of games I would have played if Destiny didn't suck up all my freetime.

neoism

Wow, usually i had to read over 20+ pages when i got back home from work, now i even double checked if i was wrong.... TWO WHOLE PAGES!

Even dailies are apparently burned out from Destiny and stopped giving legendary marks... madness!

PS: if i am right, tomorrow we should have Iron Banner up..., last few times Bungie was awfully quiet about announcing it.... just a heads up :)

damn not sure if ill be able get off FO4 to play that has it really been a month already... its best to just wait the last 3 days anyway...

LTWood12

According to Destiny Tracker, I was top 1500-2000 ish overall pre-2.0 (if I remember right). I just checked the new site. Post 2.0?

300,000-ish. Holy fuck. I suck in this meta so hard. I'm discouraged from even trying. I still have no idea which primary I can stomach. I don't like a single PR despite having good (or god) rolls for all of them.

I'm going to stop complaining now, though--I just need to accept the fact that I'm shit without hand cannons.

Frenden you are way too hard on yourself. Let's do a card for fun. I'll carry you since I'm ranked 266,126.

edit: We've entered the double-post wasteland.

Shiv47

According to that guardiangg site, I'm 396,385 in Trials. I knew I was shit at PvP, but goddamn. Are there good resources out there for getting better (beyond playing a ton)? I hate sucking at it, but this is the first FPS I've devoted any time to, so I don't have built in skills to work with.

Kyoufu

This meta isn't fun.

I've played so little of PVP in TTK. Like, it's great that Thorn is no longer a thing, but the Pulse Rifle meta is sooooo boring.

Agent

Looking at the top primary weapons used in Trials on that guardian.gg website is amusing.

qeVHbXg.jpg

RIP Pulse Rifles in next weapon rebalance patch.

PuMa

When did you become a cyborg???

Kyoufu

Looking at the top primary weapons used in Trials on that guardian.gg website is amusing.

RIP Pulse Rifles in next weapon rebalance patch.

Do Pulse Rifles need a nerf though? I feel like other weapon classes need a buff.

Also, I don't trust Bungie with nerfs AT ALL.

AT

ALL

Top Bottom