• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

lt519

Weekly Update

I hope y'all are enjoying
framerate issues on
Fallout 4! See you next week.

Kappa

lmao

The gunplay is actually improved over past Fallouts but still doesn't feel as fluid as Destiny. I also am longing for Destiny's GUI. The Pip Boy is a cool idea but inventory management is a freaking nightmare.

StMeph

291 Light now.

I'm Rank 3 with FWC, but only Rank 1 with the Crucible, so no Hawksaw. So the Arms dealer (Rank 1)'s PDX-45 is also intriguing as a baby Hawksaw. What gun should I be going for? Should I pick up The Villainy AND the PDX, or go for the Fusion Rifle?

It's funny, the talk of losing Hawkian to Guild Wars 2 actually has my group of RL friends downloading GW2 to try out. :p Their OT is amazing. It looks like a coloring book!

That and I patched up Diablo 3 so I can goof around in that.

All that said, I'm boarding this on Friday:

VPy8Bom.png

One of New York Central’s “Mercury” engines in Chicago, 1936

CHOO CHOO!

Mindlog

291 Light now.

I'm Rank 3 with FWC, but only Rank 1 with the Crucible, so no Hawksaw. So the Arms dealer (Rank 1)'s PDX-45 is also intriguing as a baby Hawksaw. What gun should I be going for? Should I pick up The Villainy AND the PDX, or go for the Fusion Rifle?
I would definitely choose Villainy and PDX over a fusion rifle.
The Villainy is a very solid Pulse Rifle, but can be even better with good rolls.
The PDX is again very solid, but we have to see what the rolls are.

Any random drop Fusion Rifle is going to do the trick.

Nicodemic

Grab some DGAFers. Go in to Rumble. Problem solved.

The gun you get is absolute shit by all accounts. I'll do it at some point, but am in no hurry.

There are two parts: a spree and crucible.

The spree can be done in PvP and requires you to infuse the gun up to 260(?) to unlock triple-tap. So you need to land 3 headshots in a row to get a 7th bullet, and then get 4 more kills. Siege of the Warmind is a good choice for killing thralls, but man was that unfun.

The Crucible one isn't as bad as it seems. It's just 7 headshot kills in one match. Deaths don't detract. Load up rumble, push up anytime you hear gunfire and try to mop up other people's kills.

Classic 6v6. Took me about 4 or 5 matches to finally get it.

Personally, I'm finding the Chaperone to be much more annoying. I hate quests that lose progress.

Went from 20% to 0% in one Mayhem Rumble match. Maybe I'll just wait for Mayhem Clash to come back. That was the only mode I was having some success with.

Thanks guys! I'll try your suggestions. I have a tough time getting kills with this gun, let alone precision ones.

As for the Chaperone, I did mine on Control playlist with a good sniper rifle, if that can help.

Kyne

just pre-ordered the Samsung Gear VR.

What-Gear-VR-Goodbye-Real-World.png

Bungie should develop an app that allows you to travel amongst all the different world maps on your sparrow via VR.

Born2Live

Thanks guys! I'll try your suggestions. I have a tough time getting kills with this gun, let alone precision ones.

As for the Chaperone, I did mine on Control playlist with a good sniper rifle, if that can help.

I need to complete this quest too. We can go into rumble and kill each other. Should be quick and painless.

Add Ty_84 on PSN. I'll be on in an hour or so from now.

Tower was so dead earlier that I actually saw my first DGaffer there. Feorax if your wondering who the weird Guardian that was waving at you earlier, it was me.

Ty

I expect the weekly update to be Deej talking about there being stuff coming out and never saying what it is then segueing to someone else to describe how strike matchmaking works or some shit like that

Mupod

I am 150 rep short of the godly Eirene this week. But...apparently I can get 500 rep from the weekly crucible quest? And my Titan is by far my furthest along in that quest. Time to kill some people.

Why is everyone talking about the update today? It's Wednesday...

Haha. Because? What else does the 1% of the 1% talk about when we have nothing left to do?

Is anyone still actually doing the Gunsmith stuff?

I bought a Legendary Engram from the Cryptarch last night and he gave me a Hawksaw. I prayed it was a god roll, better than the really good roll I have now, but it was uber trash.

thuway

Maybe it's just me, but in the little time I get to play Destiny, all I really want are the exotics. They are like my glorified Pokemon itch. Gotta catch em all and what not :(.

Also my last bit of three of coin were an absolute WASTE in every metric. What the hell Bungie. Nearly 30 spent, only one exotic got.

Mupod

actually wait a minute, can you only turn in your armsday orders on wednesday or do you have until the end of the week? Because holy fucking shit the gunsmith part of this crucible quest will take forever.

actually wait a minute, can you only turn in your armsday orders on wednesday or do you have until the end of the week? Because holy fucking shit the gunsmith part of this crucible quest will take forever.

I believe you can order up to including Sunday? It's either Sunday or Monday that you can no longer place an order. Pick Ups are different I believe.

Mupod

man I have googled the hell out of this question and nobody seems to know or misunderstands the question itself.

I believe you can order up to including Sunday? It's either Sunday or Monday that you can no longer place an order. Pick Ups are different I believe.

I'm 150 rep short of rank 3 on my titan and I want the third roll of the Eirene this week. My only way to do so is to finish the Gunsmith line of the crucible quests which is not doable in a single day. I have the package but don't know if it's strictly wednesday-only for pick ups.

man I have googled the hell out of this question and nobody seems to know or misunderstands the question itself.

I'm 150 rep short of rank 3 on my titan and I want the third roll of the Eirene this week. My only way to do so is to finish the Gunsmith line of the crucible quests which is not doable in a single day. I have the package but don't know if it's strictly wednesday-only for pick ups.

You can definitely pick up later in the week. I'm not sure if advancing your rep after today would give you access to that third roll though. I was always the next tier of rep before Armsday hit personally.

Edit: To be more clear.. I don't know if hitting the next Tier of Gunsmith rep after Armsday has already hit will give you access to an additional roll for this week. Depending on how annoying you find the Gunsmith section of the Crucible quest, it may or may not be worth it to find out for sure.

Top Bottom