• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

loki 16

I'm almost to Gunsmith lv 3 and I already tested all of the weapons for today. My question is do I have to wait till next week to get the 3rd rolls or can I level the gunsmith tomorrow and pick up the guns with the third roll tomorrow?

maomaoIYP

Been Holding on to a Uffern for a few weeks. Finally got what I consider a good roll. Third Eye, Reinforced Barrel, and Outlaw. There was also an option for Third Eye, Injection Mold, and Firefly which is also pretty good but I'm looking to use it for PvP so the range was more important than the Firefly.

With rifled barrel the roll is even better, but I took this roll. I do have one more Uffern package though.

I'm almost to Gunsmith lv 3 and I already tested all of the weapons for today. My question is do I have to wait till next week to get the 3rd rolls or can I level the gunsmith tomorrow and pick up the guns with the third roll tomorrow?
You can only pick up weapons today.

lt519

there is a way to get a fireteam of 3+ in the court of Oryx?

We did it once, took like 5 minutes. Get one person sitting by himself in CoO and then have the 4 or 5 or whatever number of other people individually enter patrol and run to CoO. If the person sitting there isn't there, go to orbit and try again. With three people doing it one of us got the same instance in like 5 minutes. Then we were able to join up on the fireteams and have two fireteams in CoO.

Not perfect but if you are willing to put in 5-10 minutes a lot of people have had success doing this.

have you found all the parts for Sleeper Simulant? the drops are RNG, but i think they each give 200 rep, correct me if i'm wrong?

I didn't put my order in for Eirene last week like I thought, DAMNIT!

Are any of these Lyumedia rolls good? One has 2 increase stability perks, seems decent

Afrocious

Since I'm getting into Crucible more, I'm wondering if it's worth doing whatever it takes to unlock the Crucible Weeklies.

I last heard that people hated the questline to get them.

Since I'm getting into Crucible more, I'm wondering if it's worth doing whatever it takes to unlock the Crucible Weeklies.

It just takes forever.

Last week, Shaxx gave me a 297 Ghost on my Warlock and a 297 Ghost on my Titan for his weekly bounties. So...there's that too.

Edit - If you're on tonight I can help out. I enjoy our PvP chaos. Afro be like, "I'm a bad sniper" and then get's the first kill every round with a straight headshot :p

coy

The questline is lengthy (and sucks solo queueing), but the actual bounties from Shaxx are easy in comparison.

Not really. It's counterbalance or go home, and even then you need a stronger stability perk like Braced Frame or Hand-Laid stock.

Vendor Nirwin's > everything

There's counterbalance + injection mold with crowd control available. The only way it could be better is with headseeker which is debatable since its already a 2-burst kill weapon (2 body + 2 head). If you miss even one bullet it won't be and headseeker won't change that. At least if crowd control procs and you start on a second person they're a guaranteed 2 burst kill even with a bit of sloppiness.

The roll is a solid A

LTWood12

Not really. It's counterbalance or go home, and even then you need a stronger stability perk like Braced Frame or Hand-Laid stock.

Vendor Nirwin's > everything

That Nirwen's is preeeeeeetty great. Using anything else feels like I'm handicapping myself (granted I don't have a god-rolled hawksaw). I'll order a PDX to see how that looks next week.

BTW, you played great Monday night in our few matches. Getting matched w/ that friggin' esports tier team two games in a row was so stupid though!

There's counterbalance + injection mold with crowd control. the only way it could be better is with headseeker which is debatable since its already a 2-burst kill weapon (2 body + 2 head). If you miss even one bullet it won't be and headseeker won't change that. At least if crowd control procs and you start on a second person they're a guaranteed 2 burst kill even with a bit of sloppiness.

I've had a Counterbalance + Injection Mold since week 2 and it's a very meh roll, if only in comparison with the S-tier Nirwin's that we have. Crowd Control is one of the better perks, but I think Injection Mold isn't stable enough for me. BF or HLS are stronger stability perks and would make the gun S-Tier to compete.

BTW, you played great Monday night in our few matches. Getting matched w/ that friggin' esports tier team two games in a row was so stupid though!

Thanks. Toasty was the real champ, though. I'm just glad I'm pulling my K/D up from sub 1.0. :-|

It's getting substantially revamped in the November patch (next week, fingers crossed) to be shorter and allow progress that isn't gated on wins. So I wouldn't try to hard on it.

Any tips for the 7 precision kills with the Imprecation? The gun is so bad... Why design a quest like that is beyond me...

There are two parts: a spree and crucible.

The spree can be done in PvP and requires you to infuse the gun up to 260(?) to unlock triple-tap. So you need to land 3 headshots in a row to get a 7th bullet, and then get 4 more kills. Siege of the Warmind is a good choice for killing thralls, but man was that unfun.

The Crucible one isn't as bad as it seems. It's just 7 headshot kills in one match. Deaths don't detract. Load up rumble, push up anytime you hear gunfire and try to mop up other people's kills.

Afrocious

It just takes forever.

Last week, Shaxx gave me a 297 Ghost on my Warlock and a 297 Ghost on my Titan for his weekly bounties. So...there's that too.

Edit - If you're on tonight I can help out. I enjoy our PvP chaos. Afro be like, "I'm a bad sniper" and then get's the first kill every round with a straight headshot :p

The questline is lengthy (and sucks solo queueing), but the actual bounties from Shaxx are easy in comparison.

Awesome. I have nothing else to do in Destiny, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it.

@Ape - for sure man! I was thinking of starting to make doing crucible bounties a habit since I always ignore them. For those snipes, I told you I was channeling my inner Twilight Gap lol. I actually didn't know sniper lanes were a thing before that flawless run haha.

Also, while messing with Bungie's API, I saw my current Crucible KDR is 0.98. Yuck. I can only imagine what it was before I began doing Trials and learning the joys of 3v3. I did Skirmish for the first time ever with Ape and Myoptic the other day. I'd been definitely missing out prior to that.

That's a garbage KDR so it'll improve over time with little effort provided I actually play Crucible. Hell, after a whole year off from playing Destiny, I think I'm in a good spot skill wise. I think I'm the bee's knees given that:

1) apparently, matchmaking makes things more difficult in Trials in TTK, and

2) TTK's Trials are the first Trials events I've participated in without being carried, and finally

3) I've been to Mercury at least once these past two weekends

Hell, I still feel an obligation toward figs, wicked, and rubenov for carrying me for my first ever trials (which was in HoW right before TTK was live) and I didn't even get flawless then. I didn't even get the boon system either and that's how I learned never to listen to whatever figs and wicked suggest ever (lol).

In all, what seemed impossible and intimidating is definitely possible. I'm having fun while doing it when I play with Ape, Nami, Todd, and others in crucible. That's definitely something I was missing when doing anything PvP related in Destiny, and I think the only reason I'm getting better at PvP is because I'm allowing myself to have fun with others in it.

LTWood12

Hey Twilight, hey everybody!, predict what is going to be in the weekly update!

They'll make a pun about the 'Vault' in regards to Fallout.

They'll say to expect the November patch & related details next week.

They'll say they're working hard on the December patch and look forward to giving us the scoop on it in a few weeks.

Some youtube shit.

Hey, PC DGAF aficionados(Noomi? Sushi?), is the GTX970 worth getting right now or should I just wait? I kind of want to play FO4 on PC, but I'm rocking an old 660TI still. I hope this is ok to ask! I just trust everyone in here a lot :)

Also, Destiny! Today is actually one of my favorite days on DGAF because the weekly update predictions are hilarious.

One snarky joke, one oblique (and completely oblivious) bit of statistic regarding economy, one quantitative update on number of guardians who made it to the lighthouse, one line about how the LIVE team is working on something good and then some filler shit that'll make up 95% of the update.

Any tips for the 7 precision kills with the Imprecation? The gun is so bad... Why design a quest like that is beyond me...
Classic 6v6. Took me about 4 or 5 matches to finally get it.

Personally, I'm finding the Chaperone to be much more annoying. I hate quests that lose progress.

Went from 20% to 0% in one Mayhem Rumble match. Maybe I'll just wait for Mayhem Clash to come back. That was the only mode I was having some success with.

X-Frame

The only info left I want to know is when they'll unlock/release the remaining exotic armor pieces that have been in the Armory since TTK launched, and where several items were in TTK trailers.

Trakan

It's one of the worst questlines in the game. It's tediously long and you need something like 44 wins throughout every gametype in the game. With the rewards I've gotten so far for doing it, it wasn't worth it. I'd say if you're going to do it though, wait until they patch it. I think they're going to change the requirements of having to win matches to just play them.

Weekly Update

I hope y'all are enjoying
framerate issues on
Fallout 4! See you next week.

Kappa

One of my Computer fans is indeed making the super loud noise. I just turned that one fan off because I couldn't figure out why. No wire is hitting it. I then had to update my graphics card, Steam and download Fallout, which basically took all night. So I didn't play a single video game yesterday. I need some game in my life ASAP!

I logged into Destiny this morning before work to get my Gunsmith weapons, only to find out I didn't order a stupid Eilene and got upset at myself. I guess another time. I also did a little vault cleanup since I'm running out of room again. Good morning stuff while drinking coffee and preparing for work, I'd say.

With rifled barrel the roll is even better, but I took this roll. I do have one more Uffern package though.

Rifled is a better trade off in that it sacrifices Reload rather than Stability but you get more Range from Reinforced Barrel if I'm not mistaken. The Uffern/Vanity archetype already has higher stock stability than nearly if not all other HC's in Y2, so it's not too hard to adjust to.

Avoid the questline until they patch it. Not only is it extremely long, but at this point most people who were interested in it have done it and some of the playlists are exceedingly difficult to even get to pop unless they're they Weekly or Daily Crucible. And this was before the new slew of games cut player activity down.

Picking up that questline now is just asking to be frustrated by the lack of progress.

I've had a Counterbalance + Injection Mold since week 2 and it's a very meh roll, if only in comparison with the S-tier Nirwin's that we have. Crowd Control is one of the better perks, but I think Injection Mold isn't stable enough for me. BF or HLS are stronger stability perks and would make the gun S-Tier to compete.

Thanks. Toasty was the real champ, though. I'm just glad I'm pulling my K/D up from sub 1.0. :-|

I don't think the gun can ever have a spread as tight as Nirwen's tbh even with those. The base is too low.

Also lol at my trials performance. My k/d is pretty bad. Although this last week was much better than the week prior

Mindlog

Two hard mode completions.
Four shotguns.
Jackpot!

My Warlock got a Harrowed chest piece.
310 Jackpot again!

It's a good thing I still like the encounter.

Going to scrap my existing Lyudmila-D order for a PDX 45. I like the Suros Pulse.

Top Bottom